PDA

View Full Version : Advertising

Chuckís Confectionery
01-13-2014, 11:55 AM
Hi everyone! Our shop has been around for a few years; however, we are about to venture into the world of doing business online. We bake specialty goods for parties, events, we also have an assortment of fudge and candy for those who just pop into the shop. I was wondering what forms of online advertising has worked for your businesses. Currently, most of our clients are referred to us from word-of-mouth or walk-ins. We are happy with the amount of business currently coming in; however, we are looking to expand. We donít have a huge budget allotted for advertising so we want to get the most bang for our buck.

AlvinsGiftsDis
01-13-2014, 12:56 PM
I have found that facebook and other social medias (especially for small local businesses) have a huge impact on business and your pocket. You just need to stay up on your social media postings and invite friends to like your page on a regular basis. Hope this helps!

fredkawig
01-17-2014, 06:29 AM
Agreed, Facebook can be a lot of help especially if your customers are willing to like your page in Facebook. It's easy to create a page in Facebook and just let your customers like your page. The other method of advertising is creating your own website. There are a lot of tutorials in the Internet for you to learn how to create a website. You should also decide whether to use a paid domain provider and website hosting or opting for the free ones. Blogsites are also a good option.

googoos0ng
01-17-2014, 08:05 AM
I agree, both working with social networks and having your own website. There must be a continue referral from the socials to the website and vice versa.
A part from that, i believe in mass marketing campaign, so i would move at the same time with also other channels, like flyers and some placard.

xwolfiex13x
01-18-2014, 11:04 AM
I agree that facebook and other social media play a big role. The plus is that it is free advertising. You may also attend some events. There is an event called First Friday in my city. Local businesses sign up before hand and then are allowed to come and set up. They can pass out fliers, give away free samples, pass out their cards, you name it! They can also sell some items. I think an event like that would be wonderful for you because no one can resist yummy treats! A lot of these businesses also have accounts on facebook, instagram, and twitter. I hope this helps!

jjthemanjunaid
01-18-2014, 12:14 PM
Blog sites are also a good option. Facebook can be a lot of help especially if your customers are willing to like your page in Facebook. It's easy to create a page in Facebook and just let your customers like your page. The other method of advertising is creating your own website. There are a lot of tutorials in the Internet for you to learn how to create a website. You should also decide whether to use a paid domain provider and website hosting or opting for the free ones. Blog sites are also a good option.

AliceT
01-18-2014, 01:23 PM
I recommend you start with a Facebook page. It will be a good extension of your current word of mouth method. It will, however, be more time consuming than simply putting a website online and forgetting about it.

A successful facebook page requires you to post new content at least once a day, and to interact with any comments made on your page. You are in luck though - you will have new products to photograph each day so just pick one, take a picture, and add it to your facebook page.

To generate more likes by potential customers, ask your frequent customers to like your facebook page and share your posts.

swagger
01-25-2014, 06:12 PM
Facebook would be your best bet in this case. Be sure to update the facebook page with content as often as possible (however don't spam). You could put up a sign somewhere in your store saying something along the lines of "like us on facebook", as most companies do.

Sally108
01-30-2014, 03:14 PM
I agree with everyone above. Then later after you have grown, think really big! Think "Sherri's Berries"! Maybe start an affiliate program and let your affiliates take care of the advertising for you!

Normal Jim
01-30-2014, 05:50 PM
A lot of companies show ads based on what the user views, so I would suggest trying to stay away from that, because not everyone views your ad. Unless that is appealing, then you could talk to companies like Google. But there are some websites that will take a small fee for advertising, and they might be the ones you want to go for. Make sure that they have traffic, because websites with little/no traffic is completely useless for you.

am.nevida
02-08-2014, 06:50 AM
I think that a facebook page would help! In my opinion facebook is the best way to attract new customers, because if your actual customers like the page then their friends are likely to see it! I think you should try :)

Qraqq
02-09-2014, 07:56 AM
Try fun Youtube videos. There sure to make some impact. Put in all kinds of fun clips, pranks, etc. Those are fun to watch and if the product placement is subtle enough, it might work very well.

caveman
02-10-2014, 09:42 AM
Social media! Facebook, twitter and blogs in particular. Most of my clients found my page through Facebook. It's a great way to start letting people know about your business. You can also tweet about it and if it is trending, well, you'll get a lot of attention. I might have mentioned this before but it's also good to ask bloggers to blog about your business. That also spreads the news fast. Or you can even try to start your own blog about it and use adsense to generate your traffic.

adi004
02-12-2014, 01:58 PM
How about a free mobile and desktop compatible websites?

Taru
02-20-2014, 01:17 AM
I'd suggest holding a press conference for bloggers. A lot of new restaurants do it just to get the word out and I imagine it is fairly effective. Not only that but you can also have a bit more control over expenditures and targeting audiences because most information about the bloggers and their demographics should be available online and if not, I'm sure they would only more than happy to share it with you as most of them would probably love to get invited to such an event and they are always on the lookout for new things to talk about anyway.

Ryand88
02-21-2014, 04:33 AM
Social media is certainly a good way to start off especially considering that it's free but your success will certainly vary depending on a few factors; You need to make sure that you're account is active and posting and generally leaves a good impression otherwise you will lose reputation and on top of this you need to know how to actually use these websites before venturing into it. Another idea might be small fee advertisements or even posting on forums based around baking or your local area. Advertising online probably would not work very well because your ads would be viewed by a very small amount of people who could actually visit and use your shop but good luck whatever you do.

Taru
03-03-2014, 01:08 AM
I agree with Ryand88 on the part about forums. I almost completely forgot about that which is ironic because we are in one, but I think joining forums specifically in line with the product or service you are offering is highly effective and yet highly underrated due to its "basic" appearance. That said, forums are still very much popular and arguably even more popular than ever, and the communities are almost always very supportive especially when the product resonates with them and the owner integrates well with the existing community. Not only that but you get support as well specific to your particular industry, not unlike the support we now get here from each other for general business matters.

poulsmith7878
04-04-2014, 01:22 AM
I have found that facebook and other social medias

Strykstar
04-04-2014, 06:30 AM
I agree with Ryand88 on the part about forums. I almost completely forgot about that which is ironic because we are in one, but I think joining forums specifically in line with the product or service you are offering is highly effective and yet highly underrated due to its "basic" appearance. That said, forums are still very much popular and arguably even more popular than ever, and the communities are almost always very supportive especially when the product resonates with them and the owner integrates well with the existing community. Not only that but you get support as well specific to your particular industry, not unlike the support we now get here from each other for general business matters.

That's true, forums may not be as flashy as an online video or a viral campaign, but they allow you to have a much more direct contact with your clients/customers that you otherwise wouldn't have.
They are definitely one of the best ways to reach out to your target audience.

trot12345
04-13-2014, 12:53 PM
My partner and i agree, both equally handling support systems in addition to helping your individual web page. At this time there need to be a new proceed professional recommendation over the social events on the website in addition to vice versa.
A vital part simply by that will, i actually do also believe in bulk marketing and advertising strategy, i really may possibly move whilst the process employing additionally more courses, a lot like flyers and some placard.

toxos
05-11-2014, 07:23 AM
I concur with Ryand88 on the part about gatherings. I just about totally overlooked that which is humorous on the grounds that we are in one, yet I think joining gatherings particularly in accordance with the item or administration you are putting forth is exceptionally powerful but profoundly underrated because of its "essential" appearance. That said, gatherings are still truly famous and ostensibly much more well known than at any other time, and the groups are just about constantly exceptionally strong particularly when the item resounds with them and the manager coordinates well with the current group. That as well as you get help also particular to your specific industry, similar to the help we now get here from one another for general business matters.

showmethe$
05-19-2014, 08:47 PM
If you are truly looking to create an online presence and sell online then you definitely need a website that offers a shopping cart. There are be many ways to advertise your site from Facebook, to Twitter, to Tumblr and several other social media sites that are out there. You can also join forums and place a link to your store in your signature for people to see and participate in forums. (free advertising!) An alternative to getting your own website would be to sell on sites like ebay and Amazon where you can get an online store for a minimal amount of money per month. Then you just need to advertise these stores.

Jan Godlewski
05-21-2014, 07:39 AM
I think you should create your own website and start to gain traffic on it to make more people know that your business exists. Also try social media like Facebook or tweeter. Create a blog, write an interesting content and spread it.

John G. Anai
11-16-2018, 01:04 AM
There is no other better option to advertise your products and services on social media. It is the best platform to market your business. I also have a business and it helps me a lot. You can build network on your profiles.

gyryplay
02-09-2019, 03:42 PM
Tell me, did you make your own photos for your website or buy them from freelancers on stock exchanges? I'm thinking about how best to design a site and which photos will be better.

NuLighting
07-15-2019, 01:53 AM
Welcome

Address: Unit 7 / 5 Brumby St Seven Hills NSW 2147 Australia.

Contact Person Name: Marissa

Phone: 1300300366

Opening Hours: Monday to Friday: 9:30 AM to 17:00 PM, Exclude Public Holiday

We are professional lighting supplier for residential and commercial projects. We have dedicated project team to tailor a lighting solution for your project. We can supply custom made lighting products to suit your project. We can source all lighting products for your project based on your lighting schedule. We understand that each customer is different. By accessing each customer's requirement we can offer the right range of products for their needs. We are committed to maintaining our high level of customer service. Our team have many years experience in the lighting industry both in wholesale and retail. All consultants have extensive product knowledge, so our customers can always rely on them to give the right advice for their lighting needs. We closely work with interior designers, architect, electrical whole salers, project managers on daily basis to achieve successful projects. We stock products from around the world to ensure that our customers are kept up to date with the latest trends and styles in both lighting and high technology products. All products are of top quality for total customer satisfaction.

www.nulighting.com.au