View Full Version : How to hire independent contractors

01-23-2016, 01:06 AM
I own a small technology company, and I would like to hire college graduates, as independent contractors to design my products. I need to know how does one become an independent contractor? for example, if I find someone I like, who I would like to hire as an independent contractor, and they are not already one, what sort of process do we have to do to give them such status? Do I just hire them as a independent contractor? Do they have to create some sort of company, or file some sort of thing with someone (like getting TIN)? also how do they do their taxes, because I would like to inform them on how they have to do their taxes, as well as how to make everything legal. Thank you, your help will be much appreciated.

02-10-2016, 05:00 AM
Many of your queries depends upon the local taxation rules and rely upon the amount of work you are going to give and Money or payment against that. There should be some slabs on which all taxation and other rules may differ. I mean for some sectors you need not to have a TIN or upto certain level of income you are free from tax, etc. Better you contact your local CA for better guidance.

If you simply outsource your task to a offshore outsourcing company, you may get rid off all these worry factors and might get a much professional results.

02-26-2016, 04:57 PM
Most people just need a TIN, which you can get online on the irs website. They would get it as a sole proprietorship. You can also check out sites like www.upwork.com or www.fiverr.com to find someone short term.