PDA

View Full Version : Scaling fast - trying to figure out the next step - help!

msbeller
02-04-2016, 12:53 AM
My wife has a fast growing business for artisan candy that she started in our home. It has steadily grown over the last 2 years to where she is maxed out on time, energy, and trying to hold down this cottage business with another job.

She just found out that she is going to be featured in one, if not THE, largest wedding gift guide in the world for 2016, and is having a meltdown on what to do to prepare.

This really is a repeated pattern because she is now featured regularly on large blogs, has a massive social media following, and in the end, just cannot keep up. She is one who wants to do it all herself and maybe have someone help once in a while. As a result, she is burned out.

So two things -

1 - How to prepare for when this guide hits in April featuring 2 of her core products
2 - How for her to trust taking that next step and reaching out for advice and help - she really seems ready to hear about how to take the next step

All quality challenges. We need helpful advice. What I see most in her face is fear.

THANK YOU!!

rnhaas
02-05-2016, 07:37 AM
Hi there,
I can't help with the second question, but your first: I assume these two core products are prominently displayed on her site, right? Do they have their own pages? Is the social media exposure she's getting in support of the exposure she's about to get? I guess what I'm getting at is: if people google your wife's products once they see them in this guide, are they going to find those products in places that they can easily buy them (whether on her site or elsewhere)?

gandu
03-07-2016, 06:37 PM
Ever thought of hiring some virtual assistants? Relatively inexpensive, especially if you hiring someone overseas like in Phillipines where they are fluent in English. Can take out some of the menial work in her business. Allowing her to focus on the higher level / strategic stuff that uniquely needs her.

Mac Jones
06-02-2016, 12:49 AM
Wonderful post and agree with Mac. I also personally use Earn Honey to make money from home without any investment . If anyone interested sign up here :*http://bit.ly/1IGxnM5 ...

EA_Gingr
10-11-2016, 12:37 PM
I would suggest she requests a copy of the questions she will be asked. This helps her prepare way in advance and know what to expect. Ask other people in similar or related products, who were featured or interviewed, what to expect. Read online or watch podcasts to get more insight. A Virtual assistant can help with many administrative tasks but also can specialize in business skills. S/he may not be helpful with cooking these candies from afar. A VA can charge hourly or have monthly hourly packages for sale. All are different. Visit a VA forum, board, or find them on LinkedIn and yes, I am a VA also.

speeduser
12-28-2020, 03:34 AM
Take everything into stride. Going fast will make you miss some details along the way. - Marla Ahlgrimm (https://www.linkedin.com/in/madisonpharmacyassociates)