PDA

View Full Version : The new google business tour!

AlvinsGiftsDis
01-16-2014, 12:30 PM
Seems pretty awesome! Has anyone signed up to do this yet? Seems like a great way to get people in the door. From what I can read instead of just showing a street view of your business google will show a walk through your store/warehouse. I'm pretty sure I will sign up for my business. Just wondering if anyone on this site has done it yet and how has it affected your business?!!!!

thanks, AL

AliceT
01-16-2014, 05:17 PM
I have a home based business and do not have clients visit, so this is not something that would benefit my business, but it certainly would be nice to see for other places.

I found a link: http://www.google.ca/help/maps/businessphotos/
It looks like you have to pay for only the photographer, and that there are no additional costs to have google display the images.

I do have a few concerns....

If you had a fashion business, or sold other trendy items, would you need to have new photos taken each season/year so that you didn't discourage potential customers from entering your store? If they browsed your shop in google maps, and saw that you had winter clothing when it was summer, would they go elsewhere to purchase t-shirts and shorts thinking you sold only winter clothing?

What about theft? By displaying the layout of your shop online, are you potentially giving too much information to the criminal element of our society, allowing them to pre-plan escape routes, locations of expensive items, etc.

delusional
01-19-2014, 04:19 AM
It's a shame Google is only letting licensed photographers do this kind of photography.

I'm sure I can also do this kind of work. I agree that they should monitor the quality but right now, the photographers are asking around $500 just to take some pictures.
Even my phone can make Photospheres that can be used on Google Maps and Streetview.

web designer company
04-01-2016, 06:36 AM
That sounds great!

nani244
04-05-2016, 05:22 AM
Your Google business listing is your company’s most visible asset. Improve your presence with Street View content.

vanillaforge
04-13-2016, 05:45 AM
That was very cool, panorama shots takes the whole place to view.

ahmadno1
04-13-2016, 12:12 PM
This is a great step from Google to help people to find a stores and shops also to discover it well before visit it in real world.
but it's not helpful for businesses like Amasone and so on.

ronniewill
06-13-2016, 04:10 AM
Google Business Listing is the best. It also shows a google map of companies/businesses. But it's for local businesses/companies.

essencepk
12-16-2019, 01:48 AM
Open the Street View app .
Tap Create .
In the bottom right, tap Camera .
Take a series of photos.
At the bottom, tap Done .
Your 360 photo is stitched together and saved in the "Private" tab on your phone. The photo is also saved on your phone (unless you turned this setting off).

vinitha
12-16-2019, 06:51 AM
“If you live in a rural or remote area, it may take years for Google to send anyone to update your Street View. In residential areas, images are usually updated every two to three years.”