PDA

View Full Version : Direct Marketing to Businesses

AliceT
01-16-2014, 06:21 PM
I have a small home based business that sells products that would be of benefit to specific industries. In the past, I have sent catalogs and introduction letters to law firms, banks, etc, but only 3% turned into sales. I was expecting a higher return, so it was disappointing, but I have recouped the costs of the advertising material and made some profit from this marketing attempt.

Does anyone else directly target companies? Have you discovered a strategy that works?

JoelFortner
01-20-2014, 05:30 PM
Hi Alice. If you're targeting specific businesses, what are you doing to start and build a relationship?

RickGrantham
01-20-2014, 09:55 PM
Alice-

What many firms do is create separate mailings - where they change several thing about the offer, wording, paper color, targeting, etc. Often they may even use a separate 800# or email address so that they can track which offer worked the best. So... that is the expensive answer, but that is what is done.

But if I were in your shoes, I would hone my copywriting skills as priority number 1. If you have decided to communicate with direct marketing, then the words you put on the page must be compelling. People must throw money at your brochure (or mailing) :)

For copywriting, I recommend that you Google - John Carlton. Most of the things you have bought online, through magazines, etc -- were likely inspired by his teachings.

Rick Grantham

Chuck’s Confectionery
01-21-2014, 08:19 AM
Hi Joel - I browsed your site and found a lot of the information very useful =) I am in the process of checking out the 5 web tools that you mentioned.

GordonTheComputerGuy
01-21-2014, 08:36 AM
Great advice here, I would only add that no matter the quality and sales pitch that you HAVE TO reach the decision makers or you are toast.
I have worked in a large organization that spread out to twenty-five branches in three states. From the inside I witnessed many attempts from outside vendors and providers that wanted to do business. Mailings from unknowns go into the trash, personal visits from unknowns never get past gatekeepers.

Cold calls would have to offer something extremely extraordinary, a better strategy may be to find a connection and start a relationship. It's like dating.

fredkawig
01-21-2014, 08:58 AM
You have to have connections and contacts with the companies that you are specifically targeting. Most companies ignore letters, catalogs that belong to complete strangers. Since it is a risky business, I suggest you should personally introduce yourself to companies which you plan to penetrate. Depending on the product you're selling or the program you want to sell them, these businesses and companies would respond if they are certain that what you are selling is definitely worth buying.

JoelFortner
01-21-2014, 08:06 PM
Hi Chuck! I'm glad you dropped by! Any topic you're looking for specifically?

Yamabushi
01-21-2014, 09:31 PM
Does anyone else directly target companies? Have you discovered a strategy that works?
I spent one weekend driving from business to business, meeting owners and leaving business cards. Doing that for one weekend got me 3 hot leads, one of which turned into a $2,000 client a week later.

I find that face to face interactions dramatically increase your chances at getting leads, unless you are doing freelance work for less money, in which case online leads are pretty easy. Going to networking events and just visiting people can be great methods.

mikka254
01-23-2014, 01:20 AM
In any type of marketing, you need to understand who your target is. I have seen companies pay so much money for the wrong type of advertising medium and of course the returns on that investment where nearly zero. What I would suggest is reconnaissance of your target and yes I just used that word because marketing is basically war. You are at war with your competition and the profits you accumulate at the end of your business year is the prize. Know what the CEO likes to invest in, understand the type of person the MD is and make the staff members your private spies. In marketing, you cannot go at it the same way you look for consumers when your real target are the companies. Each company should be considered as a person, and we all know each person has a different personality. One person might like to be on the internet 24/7, so you target them with email marketing. The other might like to be in business with "the in crowd", so you do a commercial. The other might not like any type of electronics around them, so you arrange a face to face meeting. Simply do your homework and you'll soon find out that marketing is only expensive without research and the returns of simply taking your time could end up being 100%

crimsonghost747
01-23-2014, 03:30 AM
I'd go with something a bit more personal. You send a catalogue... well so do a hundred others. Then you are stuck competing with all these others to see whose catalogue will get orders and the 99 others will stay as paper weights.

Either drop by personally or at least give them a call.

rijndael
02-06-2014, 05:00 PM
IMO, 3% isn't a bad response. I buy address lists from people on fiverr for specific industries in my area. I usually only get around 2% response and only 1% turns into sales.

TaraC
02-06-2014, 06:17 PM
I agree with rijndael. Three percent on a direct mailing is not bad at all. I think you need to expand your marketing toolbox. Depending only on one avenue of marketing isn't good. Networking would probably help you a lot,

As for direct mail, you might try using lumpy mail. And don't forget to test to see which methods are the most effective.

sbatz72
02-12-2014, 10:36 AM
I would thiink you are on the right track. If your business would benefit mine, I might consider it. I just do not know if I would be so trusting to purchase from a postcard that arrived in my mailbox from a total stranger. I might find myself researching your business first.

Taru
02-12-2014, 01:02 PM
I agree with some of the posts made here. Mail usually gets ignored or at the very least, are way easier to ignore than meeting clients face to face. Having a sales team that can market your products personally is invaluable even in this day and age, I think, and it will at least make your potential clients exponentially a lot more comfortable with doing business with you if your representative was actually there instead of just being a paper product. Not that catalogs don't work, but having someone to talk to will probably make businesses more receptive and confident that you are serious with the service you hope to provide for them.

john wensil
02-18-2014, 12:51 AM
Really separate mailing is not a good option for many people .If you are looking for a kind of Direct Marketing than the need of hour is to hone the copy writing skills as priority number 1. If you have decided to communicate with direct marketing, then the words that you put on the page must be compelling. Rightly said people must throw the money at the Brochure .I was going through the site called www.talljeff.com and i found the information quite nice.

vishakhagupta628
02-21-2014, 07:01 AM
Well, most of the companies are not interested in letters. You can do one thing, use flex and banners to advertise your business. When people will get to know about you business, they will definitely show their interest in your business.
Flex Printing Service (http://sinexvisionindia.com/printing/)

angelicagapit
02-23-2014, 11:04 PM
When targeting companies, you should always give them a reason to go to you for your services rather than someone else. Give them a reason to work with you, and not others.

Show them and prove to them the benefits of doing business with you.

Good luck! I hope I helped :)

foduu1
02-27-2014, 11:06 PM
We browsed your site as well as discovered most of the data very beneficial My business is at the same time regarding looking at the 5 world-wide-web equipment you talked about.

Rashmi145
07-30-2018, 12:40 AM
if you want to target companies, then you should always give them a reason or extra thing to go with your services. you should also promote your business through digital marketing.

AarushiAashi
12-26-2019, 10:58 AM
An extensive affiliate facilitating correlation in 2019, together with a guide on the most proficient method to Though they are not as large as certain suppliers, they have gained notoriety for security,There is a rebate period in the event that you prepay for a more drawn out period.

Geetha john
11-17-2020, 12:13 AM
Direct marketing is a form of advertising that allows businesses and organizations to communicate directly with customers through a variety of media, such as phone calls, text messages, emails, fliers, brochures, and targeted online ads.

debora
11-17-2020, 12:51 AM
Direct marketing is a form of advertising that allows businesses and organizations to communicate directly with customers through a variety of media, such as phone calls, text messages, emails, fliers, brochures, and targeted online ads.

Geethan
11-19-2020, 12:10 AM

debora
11-19-2020, 12:27 AM

Geethan
12-09-2020, 11:49 PM

Puma21
12-11-2020, 12:12 AM
Traffic payments and funnels, yes. We're running the gambit though. From PR to strategic sponsorship partnerships.

When you ask for tactics, concentrating on novelty, evidence and interaction is the right approach. But I think the response you're looking for is more tactical - we love Facebook, Instagram and Periscope right now. Synergy is nuts, and I don't care about the promotion of content.

We love survey funnels and text landing pages as well. Continuity services like direct selling at prime marketing (https://canadaprimemarketing.com/services/direct-sales) are the majority of our value to the client. Either alone is beating out a mixture of info and physical product. But the golden rule is always, and has always been, in a reliable, modern way, give the customers what they have shown they want.

Always looking for the next new thing are the businesses we support our customers beat. We use stuff I've learned in books that are a hundred years old. Never alter the essential stuff: convert the client, raise his order, get him to do it again.

Geetha john
12-12-2020, 12:27 AM

mithu
12-17-2020, 07:33 AM

jayam12
12-17-2020, 07:39 AM
Instacart. Instacart is an on-demand grocery delivery service that customers can use to outsource their shopping lists. ...
Casper. ...
Hollar. ...
Harry's. ...
Allbirds. ...
Bonobos. ...
BarkBox. ...
Bombas.

Geetha john
12-18-2020, 12:32 AM

Muthuraj
12-18-2020, 01:35 AM
Direct marketing is an old advertising technique. Nowadays most business owners market their products or services through online advertising. So you can try this.

Rahul28
02-04-2021, 02:41 AM
Direct marketing is a form of advertising that specifically targets a person or company to generate new business, raise the profile of an organisation or product, or make a sale. Direct mail, telemarketing and email marketing are all popular types of direct marketing.

Bigil
02-07-2021, 05:26 AM
I browsed your site and found a lot of the information very useful =) I am in the process of checking out the 5 web tools that you mentioned.

gerja
02-09-2021, 01:22 AM
It is really interesting. I like offline marketing a lot, and I think it is a really good and working way to market your business. Do you like some promo items, for example? I would like to recommend that you have a look at something like Soft Enamel Pins (https://www.pinsource.com/custom-lapel-pins/soft-enamel), for example. They are really cool and interesting I guess

Nags
02-09-2021, 08:18 AM
In marketing, you cannot go at it the same way you look for consumers when your real target are the companies. Each company should be considered as a person, and we all know each person has a different personality. One person might like to be on the internet 24/7, so you target them with email marketing. The other might like to be in business with "the in crowd", so you do a commercial. The other might not like any type of electronics around them, so you arrange a face to face meeting. Simply do your homework and you'll soon find out that marketing is only expensive without research and the returns of simply taking your time could end up being 100%

Rahul28
02-12-2021, 06:39 AM
Direct marketing is a form of advertising that specifically targets a person or company to generate new business, raise the profile of an organisation or product, or make a sale. Direct mail, telemarketing and email marketing are all popular types of direct marketing.

jayam12
02-20-2021, 08:07 AM

mithu
02-20-2021, 08:14 AM
Emails, online adverts, flyers, database marketing, promotional letters, newspapers, outdoor advertising, phone text messaging, magazine adverts, coupons, phone calls, postcards, websites, and catalog distribution are some examples of direct marketing strategies.

valluri
02-20-2021, 08:18 AM
Internet marketing.
Face-to-face selling.
Direct mail.
Catalogs.
Telemarketing.
Direct-response advertising.
Kiosk marketing.

Bigil
02-27-2021, 06:55 AM
ou have to have connections and contacts with the companies that you are specifically targeting. Most companies ignore letters, catalogs that belong to complete strangers. Since it is a risky business, I suggest you should personally introduce yourself to companies which you plan to penetrate.

Naorhart1
03-01-2021, 12:23 AM
North Charleston Mobile Locksmith, serving the North Charleston (http://northcharleston-locksmith.com/), SC area, is locally owned and operated, You can count on us to deliver professional service every time

debora
03-01-2021, 03:04 AM
Direct marketing is a form of advertising that specifically targets a person or company to generate new business, raise the profile of an organization or product, or make a sale. Direct mail, telemarketing, and email marketing are all popular types of direct marketing. Emails, online adverts, flyers, database marketing, promotional letters, newspapers, outdoor advertising, phone text messaging, magazine adverts, coupons, phone calls, postcards, websites, and catalog distribution are some examples of direct marketing strategies

AdamLevi2
03-05-2021, 05:27 AM
King Locksmith is Charleston, South Carolina’s premiere locksmith for residential, commercial, and automotive locksmith repair, maintenance, and repair services. Our team of expert lock installation, repair, and maintenance technicians have the advanced training and years of field experience necessary to provide each one of our clients locksmith service that adheres to the highest levels of professionalism, efficiency, attention-to-detail, quality, and courtesy Whether you need brand new locks installed at your property, lock repair services, master keying, key duplication, or emergency lockout services, our team of experienced technicians will provide you with custom-tailored solutions at a fair and affordable rate.

Owner name:
Adam Levi
Address:
2833 Rutherford Way
Charleston, SC
Phone:
(843) 474-8893

jayam12
03-09-2021, 02:47 AM
Direct marketing is a form of advertising that specifically targets a person or company to generate new business, raise the profile of an organisation or product, or make a sale. Direct mail, telemarketing and email marketing are all popular types of direct marketing

mithu
03-09-2021, 02:51 AM
Emails, online adverts, flyers, database marketing, promotional letters, newspapers, outdoor advertising, phone text messaging, magazine adverts, coupons, phone calls, postcards, websites, and catalog distribution are some examples of direct marketing strategies.

valluri
03-09-2021, 03:06 AM
The most effective direct marketing takes place when there is a clear connection to reach the target market.
The most common forms of direct marketing are:
Internet marketing.
Face-to-face selling.
Direct mail.
Catalogs.
Telemarketing.
Direct-response advertising.
Kiosk marketing.

lucycarter
03-09-2021, 04:41 AM
Hello Alice,
i have used direct marketing method in the past but it was not very beneficial for me. I then changed my marketing strategy and uses a mix of offline and online marketing method for getting good sales, returns and profits. Promotional products and SEO, SMO has helped me greatly to reach ,multiple users and convert them into sales. You should try them.

accidentchirowa12
03-09-2021, 04:56 AM
Chiropractic Office in Kennewick, WA. (https://accidentchirowa.com/) Kennewick Chiropractic Injury Clinic uses a comprehensive approach to improve health and wellness in all areas of our patient's lives, whether they were just in an accident or are having problems with low back pain or neck pain. We provide a variety of treatment options and methods to help eradicate pain and stress from their lives.

Bigil
03-12-2021, 11:26 PM
I have seen companies pay so much money for the wrong type of advertising medium and of course the returns on that investment where nearly zero. What I would suggest is reconnaissance of your target and yes I just used that word because marketing is basically war. You are at war with your competition and the profits you accumulate at the end of your business year is the prize. Know what the CEO likes to invest in, understand the type of person the MD is and make the staff members your private spies.

lishmaliny
04-01-2021, 06:45 AM

KENZAdvertising2
04-01-2021, 11:40 PM
If you may need to cash on your business through online media the board all over, get in-tuned with KENZ publicizing. Our able gathering will assist you with expanding the degree of your business through online media the heads. Online media promoting office in Lahore

Geetha
04-02-2021, 01:06 AM

Bigil
04-03-2021, 09:31 AM
You have to have connections and contacts with the companies that you are specifically targeting. Most companies ignore letters, catalogs that belong to complete strangers. Since it is a risky business, I suggest you should personally introduce yourself to companies which you plan to penetrate.

Geetha
04-09-2021, 01:16 AM

mithu
04-09-2021, 05:24 AM

valluri
04-09-2021, 05:27 AM
Instacart. Instacart is an on-demand grocery delivery service that customers can use to outsource their shopping lists. ...
Casper. ...
Hollar. ...
Allbirds. ...
Bonobos. ...
BarkBox. ...
Bombas.

MASTERO
04-20-2021, 01:00 AM

Rahul28
06-30-2021, 04:08 AM
Text message marketing.
Chatbot marketing.
Telemarketing.
Direct mail marketing.
Email marketing.
Targeted social media ads.
Event marketing.

MASTERO
07-01-2021, 03:38 AM
Direct marketing is a form of advertising that allows businesses and organizations to communicate directly with customers through a variety of media, such as phone calls, text messages, emails, fliers, brochures, and targeted online ads

Bigil
07-05-2021, 11:05 AM
I browsed your site and found a lot of the information very useful =) I am in the process of checking out the 5 web tools that you mentioned.

MASTERO
07-06-2021, 04:18 AM

Bigil
07-15-2021, 11:47 AM
Often they may even use a separate 800# or email address so that they can track which offer worked the best. So... that is the expensive answer, but that is what is done.

Nags
07-22-2021, 12:55 PM
But if I were in your shoes, I would hone my copywriting skills as priority number 1. If you have decided to communicate with direct marketing, then the words you put on the page must be compelling. People must throw money at your brochure (or mailing)

MyXppen32
07-23-2021, 12:25 AM
XP-Pen Deco Pro M Support Tilt function, 1* Mechanic Wheel+1*Virtual Wheel +8*shortcut keys, first drawing tablet that comes equipped with a USB-C port, it also helps eliminate distractions and interruptions from your workflow and creative process. With two wheels, it's easier and quicker than ever to capture, write, draw, and edit, guaranteeing greater speed and a complete focus on your creation

MASTERO
07-26-2021, 10:55 AM