PDA

View Full Version : I need some opinions PLEASE!!!

bethy5678
10-19-2004, 12:01 PM
What are the benefits and drawbacks to a business who operates under the "Employment At Will" law? If you have experienced this first hand, whether you were the employee or the employer, I would really like to hear your comments on this matter, thank you!

BusinessMan
10-06-2005, 07:16 PM
Could you define the "Employment At Will" law? I've never heard of it. Does it have a another name? Also... which territory are you referring to? UK? US? Europe?

frateg8r
11-10-2005, 11:06 PM
Most US states operate under the "employment at will" concept, which is to say that beyond the employee manual, there are no concrete obligations on either party to maintain the employment relationship. Barring a contractual relationship, you will not have a choice in this matter either, unless your state/province law requires otherwise.

Grumpy
11-25-2005, 11:07 PM
The law mostly benifits the employer. There are some instances when its to the employees advantage, but mostly its the employer. For instance, the employer catches an employee stealing, instead of firing such employee for that specific act, which can cause major letigation, they can fire the employee for a much more general cause, such as not performing up to par.

owesem75
01-17-2014, 09:53 AM
I think this act will more likely create a very unstable business environment. I am not really familiar by the law (because I am not a US citizen), but I can feel there is no stability towards work and people will just go with the motion and that's it.

printer
10-24-2014, 04:14 AM
Can you explain "Employment at will" law.

transasianews
11-17-2014, 07:28 AM
Without getting a correct idea about "Employment at will" law, no one can discuss about this. . . I thought it is a strange concept. . .

MahaKarthi
06-19-2015, 03:15 AM
Employment at will is mostly followed in the US. This is must to the disadvantage of the employees who suffer high risk of job insecurity in the hands of their employer(s).

MaryBenitez
07-24-2015, 02:57 AM
or are you referring At-will employment?