PDA

View Full Version : Do you think creating a mobile site will help to promote the business?

pandandesign
01-20-2014, 01:37 AM
My dad owns a business, and I have been helping him for 5 years. I didn't know anything about business 5 years ago because I used to be a Registered Nurse, which I didn't quite like the job because it was way too stressful for me. 5 years later, I have helped my dad in his business and have learned a lot about business. At first I started creating a website for him because I thought it was a way to promote his business because the business was kind of hidden and wasn't too obvious that a lot of customers asked us about switching to a different location. I would think creating a site that was mobile optimized would help to at least draw some business in, and I thought the whole social medias were just another way to get the words out. Do you think creating a mobile site will help to promote the business?

delusional
01-21-2014, 03:41 AM
It depends. If you can and know how, check out the visitor logs of the website and see what percentage of users is coming from a mobile device (an iPad is not a mobile device). If this number is high, check out how user friendly your website is on a smartphone. If it is horrible to navigate, it might be worth building a responsive website. There are tons of templates available and even Wordpress themes where you just have to fill in some pages and you have a beautiful responsive website.

hillaryNC
01-22-2014, 05:55 PM
Why don't you develop an app? That might get you more customers, and then you can advertise your new app on iTunes and all over Facebook! More enticing then just a mobile website!!!!!!

tspires2
02-01-2014, 11:23 AM
It totally depends on the type of business you have. A website would be a must and most likely the mobile app would be a must too! However if you have not thought about the app stated above this could even be another source of income if need be. Even selling the app for $0.99 per download you would be amazed at the amount this could add up to! If you just want exposure you can keep it free but add iTunes, Google Play Store and even Amazon to your marketing list!

turt
02-02-2014, 06:08 PM
Around 40-50% of my traffic is from mobile devices. Don't make a mobile site or app! Responsive designs are by far the best. You don't have to develop a separate site and users don't have to download an app on their phone.

Auror
02-02-2014, 08:54 PM
Around 40-50% of my traffic is from mobile devices. Don't make a mobile site or app! Responsive designs are by far the best. You don't have to develop a separate site and users don't have to download an app on their phone.

I agree with this 100%! There are a lot of responsive themes out there that could adjust their orientation depending on what device the visitor is using to browse your website. You don't need to create an app or use a special code. If you are using WordPress, it's very easy. Just make sure that you check the theme if it is responsive or not.

Of course, having a website that fits mobile devices perfectly would definitely help your business in the long run.

cpefley
02-02-2014, 09:51 PM
Definitely! I think that if you don't have a mobile site, you lose SO much valuable traffic. Most of the time I am on a mobile device nowadays, and when I can't access a mobile site, I usually forget to go back and check out the site when I have access to a computer. Mobile sites are a must, because society is mobile now. We want to access everything from everywhere. I think it would be great for you to look into optimizing your site for mobile traffic.

Rainman
02-02-2014, 10:51 PM
Nonetheless; creating a mobile web-site implies that you will have a separate web-site with a different url [as a sub-domain]. But complications will arise:

1. You have to maintain two websites.
2. The ranking of the two sites in the SERPs will be different.

To avoid all that stress of having to work harder for no reason at all, the easiest way to do that would be to use a server-side script to detect the device one is using to display pages optimized for mobile devices.

But best of all, as the rest of the guys say: go for a responsive design though it can be quite costly.

Shawn_michaels
03-18-2014, 01:31 AM
It totally depends on the type of business you have. but in this way u can reach more people. bcz now days many people use mobile for fulfill there instance needs.

stockbrokers
09-19-2014, 11:14 AM
yes because many people online via mobile nowadays, and it's not comfortable when we access website which is not mobile friendly

suritrendin
09-19-2014, 11:54 PM
That might get you more customers, and then you can advertise your new app on iTunes and all over Facebook! More enticing then just a mobile website!!!!!!

KaleyTapia
01-28-2016, 03:59 AM
You should check the visitors logs to see whether you have a lot of hits from mobile devices. If so, then go for it. I'm guessing that since you have decided to ask on this forum, there are other constraints in your mind also. I'd suggest a SWOT analysis in that case.

carolrobertjoan
06-13-2016, 09:17 AM
Yes, Responsive Web Design provides good look & feel on different platforms such as desktops, tablets, and phones. One can make the website responsive and boostup in multi platform, go with Openwave Computing LLC to build responsive website

ojenkins
06-20-2016, 10:17 AM
It is always better to have a mobile-friendly website. This doesn't mean creating a separate site either, you just need a redesign or at the bare minimum need to add media-queries to your styling so that visitors on mobile devices have a solid user experience. The last thing you want is to miss out on potential customers because of an outdated website. A majority of people visit websites from their phones nowadays.

thecompanycreation
06-20-2016, 09:38 PM
Have you tried viewing your companies Google Analytics to see how many of your visitors are coming from a mobile device? Most companies find that 50% or more of their visitors are viewing from a mobile device. In that case, I think creating a mobile friendly site is a must have!

evagreenseo
02-07-2017, 06:33 AM
Yes, Mobile Website and App are good way for promotion this days.

NoshResh
12-24-2018, 11:12 AM
I think so

ruhiangel
10-29-2019, 02:12 AM
Here are seven website promotion tips you need to follow to get your page up ... Use the Google keyword tool planner to help you find the best keywords for ... search frequency to help you create blog posts that are compelling, and will get noticed. ... They have unique mobile marketing strategies to help your business gain ...

ruhiangel
10-31-2019, 02:34 AM
Here are seven website promotion tips you need to follow to get your page up ... Use the Google keyword tool planner to help you find the best keywords for ... search frequency to help you create blog posts that are compelling, and will get noticed. ... They have unique mobile marketing strategies to help your business gain ...

ruhiangel
11-01-2019, 02:14 AM
Ten ways to develop your website to help your business grow. ... Increasingly, current and potential customers engage with a company via their website, so think of it as ... Great design is also another way that you can really differentiate yourself ... long as you follow tips 1-8) a site that is easily accessible for mobile users is ...

ruhiangel
11-04-2019, 03:18 AM
Purpose. Great design starts with a purpose in mind. ...
Aesthetically pleasing. I'll dig more into this in section one on visual design, but your site needs to look good. ...
Relevant and original content. Your site should show content that's relevant to your target market and original. ...
Clear site navigation.

kooilsai
11-09-2020, 12:18 AM
There are two main ways to create a website - do it yourself or find an expert. In both cases, a certain amount of money and time will be required, the amount of which depends on the choice of the path to achieving the goal and its complexity. Either approach has its own merits and demerits depending on the resources and requirements of the person who wants to build the site. You may also need help with programming, such as php homework help (https://assigncode.com/php-homework-help.html). But it really helps business development.

rattanhospital
06-01-2021, 11:41 AM
thanks for sharing with us