PDA

View Full Version : Is it okay to use blog and forum on same domain?

campbelljof
03-10-2016, 01:36 AM
I have blog on my website and I am planning to start forum. Is it okay to use forum and blog on same domain?

Kristinperry
03-11-2016, 06:59 AM
Yes, it is ideal way to use blog or forum in the same domain as well.

axis1
03-13-2016, 11:46 PM
You could start blog and forum on same site with different sub-domains, however, it is necessary to keep maintained the both blog and forums, if you could do so then you could start.

siriinnovations4
03-16-2016, 04:59 AM
You didn't face any problem if the forum and blog is placed on same domain because both platforms are different as well more information also will gain at one place.

sadeshlok
03-16-2016, 05:59 AM
offcourse you can do.. and it is very nice plan to get more backlinks and traffics..

webdesign company
04-05-2016, 12:17 AM
Yes of course it is great idea,it is nice plan to get more backlinks and traffic

elisajames
06-02-2016, 05:58 AM
Yes you can do! it's good for you

ronniewill
06-02-2016, 06:39 AM
Yeah. You can do it but if you use sub-domain for your Forum then it would be best for you/

Latestnews
07-07-2016, 04:44 AM
There is no problem use blog and forum on same domain. Both are used for making backlink for website. They are helpful for website ranking.

MijoShop Kent (http://web.stylebrands.co.uk/develop/mijoshop/)
Joomla Kent (http://web.stylebrands.co.uk/develop/joomla/)

JayShah
07-13-2016, 01:11 AM
If you have running blog, then I suggest to go with subdomain for forum, because there is some benefits :

>> Google will not penalize your whole site in future for low quality content, Generally, when people ask any question, and there is no answer, then it is consider as low quality webpage.

>> You can provide someone else(like developer or programmer) to control your forum without affecting to main domain.

>> You can host your forum on other server for better security. May be there are some good host that works cool with forum software like Mybb or vBulletin

chinomoreno
07-13-2016, 01:29 AM
You can have your blog on your site but I don't recommend to have your forum on your site also.

ronniewill
07-15-2016, 07:13 AM
Yes you can do both Blog and Forums on one domain as it will be good for SEO of your domain (website).

Ghany
07-15-2016, 08:43 AM
having blog and forum with same name is a good idea to improve your brand name, but there is no disadvantages, if having another name to your forum, proceed with same name....

greenmorgan
08-01-2018, 02:40 AM
Yes it's a great idea :) I've never thought of it

salmahayak221
09-06-2018, 07:02 AM
It is good thing to use the forum and blog on the same domain, it will help you more if you create the forum in a sub domain that will be more helpful.

customerhelpuk
02-18-2019, 04:23 AM
Yes of course it is Great idea,it is nice plan to Get more Backlinks and more Traffic on over website

Asaka
03-02-2019, 04:47 PM
I have blog on my website and I am planning to start forum. Is it okay to use forum and blog on same domain?

There are no problems in using the blog and forum on the same domain. The main thing that he was not low-level. The remaining questions are a matter of technology. I can advise you to read materials about domain zones and their prices https://hostings.info/domains . This will allow you to more accurately understand their specifics as well as form your pricing policy. Naturally, the specification of your blog and forum for getting natural traffic to it also plays a big role.

Piqued
05-30-2019, 08:40 AM
You can blog and use forum on the same domain

ANSH_00
07-01-2019, 03:07 AM
yes, you can use forums and blog for same domain.

allenm45
10-15-2019, 04:00 AM
Yes you can do and it can help you get more backlinks.

Sojan
10-15-2019, 06:44 AM
If you already running WordPress blog, then I suggest to go with subdomain, because there is some benefits.

Google will not penalize your whole site in future for low quality content, Generally, when people ask any question, and there is no answer, then it is consider as low quality webpage.
You can provide someone else(like developer or programmer) to control your forum without affecting to main domain.
You can host your forum on other server for better security. May be there are some good host that works cool with forum software like Mybb or vBulletin.

HERRY12345
10-17-2019, 05:42 AM
yes there no problem to use it

HERRY12345
10-28-2019, 04:50 AM
yes its ok

aliadil961
10-28-2019, 05:09 AM
Truly, joins are critical to SEO - however, consolidating powers into one site is considerably more dominant. A solitary connection from your blog isn't so important as every one of the connections your blog will get from different destinations after some time. By having the blog and the site in one area, every one of your connections will profit a similar site.

pkGator2
10-30-2019, 03:33 AM
Google will not penalize your whole site in future for low quality content, Generally, when people ask any question, and there is no answer, then it is consider as low quality webpage.

You can provide someone else(like developer or programmer) to control your forum without affecting to main domain.

You can host your forum on other server for better security. May be there are some good host that works cool with forum software like Mybb or vBulletin.

seoweb
10-30-2019, 03:39 AM
In the event that you previously running WordPress blog, at that point I recommend to go with subdomain, on the grounds that there is a few advantages. Google won't punish

Prateektechnosoft
10-30-2019, 06:12 AM
Yeah, You can. Surely It won't affect your anything so you can start your blog and forum account in same domain name.

John98
11-04-2019, 04:03 AM
If you already running WordPress blog, then I suggest to go with subdomain, because there is some benefits. Google will not penalize your website.

aliadil961
11-05-2019, 03:36 AM
of course no problem in it.

Jhon0001
11-06-2019, 04:25 AM
Yes, it is ideal way to use blog or forum in the same domain as well.

Jhon0001
11-14-2019, 03:33 AM
There is no problem use blog and forum on same domain. Both are used for making backlink for website. They are helpful for website ranking.

Jhon0001
11-29-2019, 04:01 AM
Very good points! Especially these days where quite a few forum sites have been pinged by Google. Forum sites are perfectly valid of course, however, since so many low quality forums have existed, Google now sees forum based sites as being low quality overall even when they may not be. As well, forum sites generally are not topically focused as well as a post based site. This means that they can potentially dilute the search potential of a post based site.

John98
11-29-2019, 04:56 AM
If you already running WordPress blog, then I suggest to go with sub domain, because there is some benefits. Google will not penalize your website.

Jhon0001
11-30-2019, 05:03 AM
Very good points! Especially these days where quite a few forum sites have been pinged by Google. Forum sites are perfectly valid of course, however, since so many low quality forums have existed, Google now sees forum based sites as being low quality overall even when they may not be. As well, forum sites generally are not topically focused as well as a post based site. This means that they can potentially dilute the search potential of a post based site. Security is always an issue. Simplifying site structures and compartmentalizing applications can really help

preeti123
12-26-2019, 12:01 AM
Yes and advisable from all the perspectives like for user experience and domain credibility.

williamjohn12
01-04-2020, 01:07 AM
You could begin blog and gathering on same website with various sub-spaces, in any case, it is important to keep kept up the both blog and discussions, in the event that you could do as such.

lishmaliny
01-28-2020, 04:30 AM
Yes, you can use. Create your website on the main domain and then create a subdomain

lishmaliny
02-03-2020, 06:35 AM
you can use the blog in the subdomain or by setting it up in a subdirectory I blog on a page of my website under the same domain name or is it ok if the blog or forum then you can even start the forum or blog something like this.

lincy
02-13-2020, 04:29 AM
There is no problem using blogs and forums on the same domain.

jayam
05-05-2020, 11:31 PM
Both the forum and blog should have integrated registrations/login so if you join or log into one, you're automatically a member of or logged into the other. (4) Both the forum and blog should be able to share a theme or at least be able to install the same theme on both installations for website consistency.

valluri
05-05-2020, 11:39 PM
Both the forum and blog should have integrated registrations/login so if you join or log into one, you're automatically a member of or logged into the other. (4) Both the forum and blog should be able to share a theme or at least be able to install the same theme on both installations for website consistency.

Artisingh1
05-06-2020, 10:26 AM
Yes, commenting can be outsourced in the same way article writing can be Putting yourself in the shoes of a blog owner or writer and helping to amplify the, Of course, the domain name started with the word “men” and beyond that, the so when you write WordPress

Autofresh.in
05-07-2020, 03:28 AM
it is okay if you can manage them both on the same domain, but it will be better to separate them.

master64
05-11-2020, 07:15 AM
Every blog needs a foundation. Blogging platforms (sites, content management systems, software – some people refer to it differently) provide that base and a framework that you can use for starting a blog.

vinitha seo
05-21-2020, 09:28 AM

Geethan
05-26-2020, 04:58 AM
Yes, you may. Using a single domain for your blog and website is a good idea.

One of the prime reasons being that it allows brand recognition. Assuming you are a business or an individual using a website and a blog for commercial gains, having the same domain for your blog and website can catapult your brand.

-Hope this helps :)

jayam
05-31-2020, 10:27 AM
en WordPress.com Forums › Support need advice: domain name, blog and a forum Author Posts May 9 ... Someday (hopefully sooner than later) I wand to add a forum under the same domain name. My question is should I have set my blog up in a folder such as blog or will it be ... Our websites and dashboards use cookies.

valluri
05-31-2020, 10:34 AM
According to experts like Daniel Scocco of Daily Blog Tips, adding a forum to ... Forum is a form of message board where users can interact with one another ... such as extended branding, custom domain, and a user database. ... Moz recommends creating a sense of community by putting up “boundaries”.

Autofresh.in
06-01-2020, 02:05 AM
@admin,
can you please close this too old thread?

Autofresh.in
06-04-2020, 01:38 AM
depends on the relevancy too!

debora
06-04-2020, 03:25 AM
Yes! You can use single domain for blog and website.

There are multiple ways to create it:-

You can use www.yourdomainname(dot)com for website and www.yourdomainname(dot)com/blog for blog.
You can use www.yourdomainname(dot)com for website and blog.yourdomainname(dot)com sub-domain for blog.
I will recommend you to use /blog for your blog because If you’ll create sub-domain for your blog then google will recognize domain and sub-domain as two separate websites.

jamesmason
06-08-2020, 02:45 AM
I have blog on my site and I am wanting to begin discussion. Is it alright to utilize discussion and blog on same space?

Autofresh.in
06-13-2020, 12:47 AM
I think this thread should be now closed!
it's a too old thread which shouldn't be discussed anymore.

Autofresh.in
06-16-2020, 01:51 AM
different can help you more! else it's fine if you can manage both in the same domain!

jayam
06-16-2020, 06:22 AM

valluri
06-16-2020, 06:27 AM
Can I start using WordPress to create content for my blog without purchasing a website ... If you do not want to create subdomain for your blog or forum then you can even start the ...

Simon Lewington
06-16-2020, 06:43 PM
Yes definatly,

jamesoliver
06-19-2020, 04:02 AM
I have blog on my site and I am wanting to begin discussion. Is it alright to utilize discussion and blog on same space?

dharsubho627
06-19-2020, 07:03 AM
I want to start a website.how to start a forum.

jamesoliver
06-22-2020, 12:06 AM
In the event that you previously running WordPress blog, at that point I recommend to go with subdomain, on the grounds that there is a few advantages. Google won't punish your ..

jamesoliver
07-08-2020, 02:27 AM
How might I utilize a Freenom area name to distribute my site? 8,073 Views ... Indeed you can utilize same area for blog and site. ... Techshristi's Forum - Index.

swaroop97
08-06-2020, 05:00 AM
In a nutshell, the Blogger platform is better than WordPress when you are creating a blog for no other reason than you want to write. If you are OK with the limited features offered by the Blogger platform, then this is a great choice. For making money or creating a long term impact, WordPress platform is better

swaroop97
08-07-2020, 06:01 AM
Some people fear that combining their blog with their website may cause clutter and may repel some of their recurring visitors. However, most experts agree that separating blog content and conventional blog content on two different websites is not a good idea.

swaroop97
08-08-2020, 02:24 AM
The main difference between blogs and forums is whether you get to see the interaction in real-time or not. Blogs accept comments, usually at the bottom of posts. ... Forums work in real-time, which means when a comment or message is posted, it is immediately published for anyone to see.

jayam
08-09-2020, 02:25 AM
Yes, it's possible. We'd used Drupal for main website, ELGG for social networking, PHPBB3 for forums and Wordpress for blogging on the same domain name.

Autofresh.in
08-10-2020, 12:56 AM
Yes, you can!!!

swaroop97
08-10-2020, 02:46 AM
Some people fear that combining their blog with their website may cause clutter and may repel some of their recurring visitors. However, most experts agree that separating blog content and conventional blog content on two different websites is not a good idea

swaroop97
08-11-2020, 05:05 AM
Blogs are full of posts and comments, created by authors, organised into categories. Forums are full of topics and comments created by members, organised into different sub-forums.

Geethan
09-04-2020, 01:06 AM
Yes, you may. Using a single domain for your blog and website is a good idea.

One of the prime reasons being that it allows brand recognition. Assuming you are a business or an individual using a website and a blog for commercial gains, having the same domain for your blog and website can catapult your brand.

Autofresh.in
09-07-2020, 12:12 AM
It's your call that you use blog and forum on the same domain or different one.

But if i was you, I would go for differnt one.