PDA

View Full Version : Trademarking a logo

webcross
10-22-2004, 04:03 PM
Can somebody lead me to a good source for registering a logo and tagline? And what is the difference between registering a logo and trademarking it™?

THANKS!

ProjectManager
06-02-2006, 12:50 PM
If you're still interesting, so take a look at it:
http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/tac/doc/basic/index.html

best regards,

novasparker
01-31-2014, 10:46 AM
Projectmanager has the right site. This site will tell you everything you need to know about registering and protecting your logo. You are taing a great step for protecting your brand and your business by doing this, so it's definitely worth at least a look over.

Lodismel
02-05-2014, 10:10 AM
Agreed, the link seems to be pretty legit. I'm not completely sure about the specifics, but I would think that the difference between registering and trademarking would mostly be in the legal side of things. If someone was to use your logo and you had a trademark on it you would be more protected. I'm not sure you would get the same amount of protection from just registering it.

george.shepard
03-07-2014, 05:13 AM
A registered trademark is selected with the symbol ®. A registered trademark is protected against the other company’s use of the image or name.

janineaa
03-07-2014, 09:42 AM
I think the link is helpful. It looks legit to be able to get what you want. I'm not sure though about the exact rules and regulations for it. Just ask from a legal counsel to know the exact difference between trademarking and registering to be sure.

William Smitch
08-08-2014, 01:17 AM
Well i would like to say you here that a Trademark can be a word, letter, number, symbol, shape, logo, design, scent or phrase used by trader for distinguishing their goods within the marketplace. It help consumers to recognize the origin or source of the goods or services being offered. Trademark Solution provide all these services to individual client, small business or a company

juanhorn
10-20-2015, 06:24 AM
Recently I started one business clothing and I choose a was very confused on to choose a logo for it. Then, one of my friend suggest me, for Marques expert where I did the trademark registration. They give me a unique logo, because there are many companies of clothing so it was very difficult to find a unique brand. If you want some more info (http://marques.expert/) on this.

campbelljof
11-16-2015, 01:47 AM
Copyright
Copyright is for original works of literature, drama, music, art or intellectual property. Once an original piece is finished, it automatically receives copyright protection

Trademark
Trademarks are for words, symbols, devices or names that are used to distinguish the goods of one manufacturer or seller from that of another. Any distinctive name, symbol, or word is designated as trademarked with the symbol ™.

MonicaShelly
06-03-2016, 01:09 AM
Registering a trademark of a logo could give you some problem if it is matching with a logo of some company which is not well known. To remove such hindrance you must find a needle from a haystack.
If you have no idea how to find the article will help you for sure.
HOW WE REPEATEDLY FIND A NEEDLE IN A HAYSTACK (http://www.greyb.com/patentability-searches-cracking-tough-cases/)

raviseo120
03-08-2021, 02:49 AM
thanks for sharing with us

lishmaliny
03-12-2021, 11:08 AM
Choose an Original and Distinct Phrase.
Search the USPTO Database for Your Phrase.
Select the Appropriate Filing-Basis for the Trademark Application.
Select the Appropriate Class of Goods/Services and Description of the Goods/Services.
Pay the Appropriate Gov.