PDA

View Full Version : What are some examples of a small business?

Sunshinegurl
01-21-2014, 02:38 PM
Looking for examples of a small business one could start from home! If you have any ideas plesae leave a comment as I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance and have a greay day!

AliceT
01-21-2014, 11:12 PM
What are your work skills and hobbies Sunshinegurl? The things you can do from home to create a primary or secondary income are virtually endless....thinking of what would work best for you is the hard part. :)

Virtual Assistants are very popular right now. Many small businesses don't have the time or skills to do paperwork or deal with phone calls, and are happy to pay someone to do these chores for them. As an example, the "one-man-shop" type local business person who does plumbing, window cleaning, or house painting may need someone to mail out invoices and deposit cheques, answer email, make phone calls to solicit new business, do internet research to locate supplies. If you were doing this for more than one company, they end up paying much less than if they hired someone full time.

gHiros
01-22-2014, 02:45 AM
If you are looking for ideas for a home business, take stock of what you're good at making or doing. For example, what are your hobbies? A home business that is based upon your skills will definitely give you an edge, and moreover, give you a better chance of being successful as compared to doing something that you are not familiar with.

Also, you want to select a product or service that you are passionate about. It's a given that during the first few years of your home business, you will be investing a lot of hours into it. Therefore, selecting a product or service that excites you will make it easier for you to stick with it no matter how much work it takes.

Taru
02-03-2014, 09:52 AM
You may want to look into selling goods online. It takes a lot of discipline and a little getting used to, but it's not as time consuming as a lot of other businesses if you do it right. I've read about some people making a good amount of income just buying from thrift stores and flea markets and selling the items online for a profit. You can also consider just buying cheap products in bulk from China and selling them on Ebay, although you have to be careful with this one and do lots of research on the seller before you jump in. The best thing about this is that you don't have to risk that much capital to start and get warmed up.

owesem75
02-03-2014, 02:19 PM
I knew someone who make specially designed candles. Initially it was a made to order kind of business and most of his clients are from the neighbourhood, friends, office mates, etc and he patiently took photographs of those that he made and catalogue them. Eventually, he started a website and started to get orders online. I think you can make it as your model. One final tip though, you must make sure that you are passionate about your product and what you are doing and not just doing it because of the business.

caveman
02-05-2014, 06:20 AM
You may want to look into selling goods online. It takes a lot of discipline and a little getting used to, but it's not as time consuming as a lot of other businesses if you do it right. I've read about some people making a good amount of income just buying from thrift stores and flea markets and selling the items online for a profit. You can also consider just buying cheap products in bulk from China and selling them on Ebay, although you have to be careful with this one and do lots of research on the seller before you jump in. The best thing about this is that you don't have to risk that much capital to start and get warmed up.

This is actually what my partner and I are doing. We started it 2 years ago and have been importing goods from China. It was overwhelming at first, and slowly with the help of social media, we got the attention we wanted. But it was a little tricky at first getting the right products and testing everyone's taste. But it didn't take us too long to figure it out. And the investment wasn't a lot. Now, we're planning on launching our very own website very soon.

fredkawig
02-05-2014, 07:43 AM
There are lots of small business that can be done Virtually or Physically. For Physical business which would be home based, you could start with cooking food, since food is a very popular product anywhere in the world especially when you make good food. Another is offering services like laundry, computer repair and programming, cleaning etc. For virtual businesses you could start with websites and work at home deals which are not scams of course. These are tips which could kickstart your home business ideas and hopefully helps you decide.

sdsnook
02-06-2014, 02:47 PM
Small Business is a broad and roomy forte!

Writing, crafting, cleaning, seducing, social-networking, selling, stocking, caregiving, ITing, designing, bossing, typing, telemarketing, trading, baking, blogging, knitting, quilting, spamming. They can be in all sorts of fields: Retail, Service, Insurance, Health-care, Telecommunications, Lawn-care, Childcare, Beautycare, Entertainment. The list can go on and on. We can virtually do anything we want and set our minds to. This is just my limited knowledge of the subject, there is more. Good Luck!

blaze4545
02-06-2014, 03:59 PM
I like the idea that one member mentioned about virtual assistants. Having a business that specializes in supplying virtual assistants to other bigger businesses is a great niche right now and looks to be pretty high in demand. I would like to add a hot dog cart to that list of possible small business ideas. Hot dog carts (and stationary stands) can make an amazing amount of money as long as you have the right location. Supply costs are real low and so are the start up costs.

Taru
02-07-2014, 12:48 PM
This is actually what my partner and I are doing. We started it 2 years ago and have been importing goods from China. It was overwhelming at first, and slowly with the help of social media, we got the attention we wanted. But it was a little tricky at first getting the right products and testing everyone's taste. But it didn't take us too long to figure it out. And the investment wasn't a lot. Now, we're planning on launching our very own website very soon.

That's great to hear, and I'm very happy for you guys! I'm always glad to hear about flourishing businesses, especially when it's first hand from the owners. Anyway, I completely agree. It's only daunting at first but sometimes it's best to jump into the deep end (within reason), and after getting used to it and building up a substantial structure, it all becomes second nature eventually, not that it gets any easier but at least a little more comfortable. Good luck with your future plans and I hope to hear more about your progress. :)

TaraC
02-07-2014, 05:17 PM
There are plenty of small businesses that someone could launch online. There really is no best business. It really depends on your interests, skills and resources. Please tell us more about yourself and your skills.

am.nevida
02-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Looking for examples of a small business one could start from home! If you have any ideas plesae leave a comment as I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance and have a greay day!

I sew and i used to sell my products online, on Etsy. it only costs 0.40 $ to keep the product on the site for 4 months! I think that you could find your hobby and transform it into a "little business", nowadays you can sell online anything you want! I advise you to make a paypal account because it is simple to use!

JohnSword
02-08-2014, 06:24 PM
My brother recently started a T-shirt printing business from home. Although it has a relatively high start-up cost, he has been doing pretty well.

I can think of many other small business you can start from home right off the bat. At the same time, there are a few factors to consider. For example, if you don't have any capital, then you might consider businesses such as writing that only require you to invest your time. I agree though that it's always better to do something that you're passionate about.

cassylexandra
02-08-2014, 09:44 PM
I've heard of some of my friends who 'make' their own clothing line. I'm not exactly sure if it's their own, since they buy blank t-shirts, sew something on, and sell it. They're doing okay now, but especially when trends come up, such as hair bows, and if you're able to make them, you can make a profit! That's a little small business, but it's still a business :)

nikhiljosephnewton
01-30-2016, 12:43 AM
The definition of a small business is an independently owned and operated company that is limited in size and in revenue depending on the industry.
A small business typically has small number of employees. But i can be any type of business.
More over now there are many software designed to for small business like quick books, Sage, Zoho and Apptivo. But we need to get our self advanced in small business too.

1Maverick
01-30-2016, 09:12 AM

Hello Sunshine,

I've been into developing small business for 12yrs, both at home and Direct B2C. What i've found is that almost any business can be done from home. Here are a few steps you can take to begin your project:

1. KNOW what is the outcome you expect to accomplish (more Time, more Money, more Influence, etc...)
2. SELECT what market is the best for you to easily add the skills & talents that comes naturally to you (ensure there's a need for what you have to offer)
3. IDENTIFY is there's other entities providing what you want to do & the capacity they do it as (small, medium, large, high scale, etc...)
4. HOW will you position yourself in the market & add Value to the customers (a business plan will come in handy here)
5. WHERE will the finance come from (will it be funded by savings, loans, etc...)
6. GET STARTED

Those are some of the steps i used to create my Global Shopping Network from home, then FB. If you need a more detailed guide, download (http://www.moneymanmaverick.com) my FREE eBook.
Eager to here how it turns out! All the best!

ronniewill
05-25-2016, 06:51 AM
If you have graphic designing and web development skills, then you can try online designing platforms..
VA (Virtual Assistant) would be also a good option for you
If you have creative writing skills, then you can write blogs for companies which need for their SEO of website..

James S
06-19-2016, 02:06 AM
I started selling used books from home. Turned into an online bookstore and 8 years later it is still going.

Roger784
09-30-2016, 12:30 AM
Well, nowadays various online and offline business opportunities are available. So if you want to start any business then first you have to tell what type of business opportunity you actually looking? Because a clear vision towards your dream business is the must for starting a new business without any hassle.

luffy268
12-19-2016, 10:05 PM
Their are many examples of a small business like to open Cloth store,Book store, Music store,Shoe store,Gift Store and many more and all big stores had start from with a small business not with long from start.

janurmas
01-03-2017, 02:02 AM
Examples of small businesses: online store, affiliate marketer, broker, sales, blogger and much more. If you want to start a small business, you need to consider the one that matches to your capabilities, skills, and passion.

Jackchina
03-04-2017, 12:50 AM
We may help sourcing from China.

candacerhicks
03-08-2017, 04:07 AM
Freelancing and adsense are two best ways to earn from home.

CarolineClark
03-13-2017, 06:43 AM
Hello caveman, I just read your post and I want to ask you what kinds of products you buy and resell? You don't have to tell me exactly which product - obviously - however in what frame the products are would be nice. Are there any legal frameworks to doing this? I don't mean the obvious ones. Thank you very much

MikeLevin
03-13-2017, 06:44 AM
The easiest way is to resell some products or services, if you are looking to start small business. However it's also good to purchase a franchise from some of the companies, as you have a business plan working already. But anyway, everything depend on you and starting capital

CarolineClark
03-13-2017, 06:45 AM

Hello caveman, I just read your post and I want to ask you what kinds of products you buy and resell? You don't have to tell me exactly which product - obviously - however in what frame the products are would be nice. Are there any legal frameworks to doing this? I don't mean the obvious ones. Thank you very much

chinomoreno
03-13-2017, 11:06 PM
I would suggest buy and sell, you can buy wholesale and then retail it.
Or if you are skilled on doing something like making souvenirs for different occasions then you can also do that.
Do homemade cookies or any food you can put on a bottle that doesn't spoil fast.

Scott Jennings
04-27-2017, 03:46 AM
I have a friend that does this, they found a supplier on Alibaba and bought existing products, and ended up working with them long term to provide their own customised goods.

Personally - I looked at using a WordPress site with WooCommerce to do something similar but WordPress is notoriously insecure unless you're super hot on keeping it up-to-date (and hoping none of the new patches break existing features!). Shopify seems the way to go for me.

AdamGadgets
05-02-2017, 08:33 AM
Dear Newbie,
You need to visit at finegadgets.co.uk because it is the best example to buy fine quality gadgets online at very competitive prices.

AlliHussein
06-15-2017, 02:23 AM
You can offer your skills as a service for a small business. If you're good with making websites, doing art, or whatever it is that you have skills on, you can sell it to potential clients.

Krich
07-01-2017, 09:08 AM
Where in all that are examples of a specific business one can get in to??? :confused:

boxoflove
07-14-2017, 01:21 PM
Mine is atypical small business - a single professional with a camera, having clients etc. Wedding photgrapher !

Jualex
09-13-2017, 08:54 PM
you can start from freelancing and gradually move to creating your own business, get the idea

loise23
01-19-2018, 12:35 AM
thanks for creating this thread.

Spencer Seto
01-30-2018, 04:45 AM
Now a days every one is giving importance to online business only, its a little bit risky but its a good one for future. Number of business are their we have choose to which is perfect to us. which is we can get demand market and famous with the customers.

EmiLyMichAeL
09-07-2018, 01:17 AM
Hi Everyone................!
Start a plumbing, electric, or “handyman” type business
Start a construction business
Start a mechanic business
Start a sewing and alterations business
Start an accounting business
Start a financial planning business
Start a personal training business or open a gym
Start a life coaching business
Start your own freelance writing business
Start an editing and proofreading business
Thanks....................

ExpertAlex
09-13-2020, 02:10 PM
I believed that running a small business is a must for everyone, but recently I realized that without any experience in running a business, you can earn a lot of money with the help of Internet surveys, which have become very popular nowadays and as I think they are the only easy way of making money for me, I can tell you with confidence that it is the surveys for money (https://surveyexaminer.com) that will help you reach a new level of earnings

swipka777
11-21-2020, 04:03 AM
I also used to follow different business information and used to check some information and read your input here (https://gaminglyfe.com/how-to-start-playing-bitcoin-dice/) which is a perfect opportunity to make money online.

drookkr32
12-03-2020, 05:42 AM
. Are you always fixing things around the house? Often on call when friends need small projects completed? Put together a website, figure out what your time and expertise is worth, and start asking those thankful friends for referrals.
Woodworker. Similarly, if you have a passion for crafting beautiful furniture or other home goods out of wood — there’s demand for that. List a few of your pieces on sites like Etsy, eBay, or Craigslist.
Online dating consultant. Dating consultants usually charge for their time.

https://pakchamp.com/reseller-hosting
https://pakchamp.com/wordpress-hosting
https://pakchamp.com/web-hosting
https://pakchamp.com/business-hosting
https://pakchamp.com/

lishmaliny
03-30-2021, 04:33 AM
Tax Preparation and Bookkeeping. Without needing fancy premises or expensive equipment, tax preparation and bookkeeping services come with low overheads.

Rachel Banks
04-12-2021, 07:40 AM
I'm sure that there are really many different directions for the development of small businesses. One of the promising areas for me, find a successful franchise, which has a clear business plan and an understandable management system. I recently found this article https://misfitblogging.com/how-i-went-from-broke that helped me to believe in my strength and try to invest in one of these projects. I think that many members of this forum know about investing in the purchase and maintenance of ATMs, but it was Matthew Thompson's success story that helped me decide on this method of generating passive income. I then thought that I don't need to come up with something new if I can use a scheme that works well and brings profit to hundreds of other people. I think this is a good solution for a beginner who wants to avoid common mistakes in business and investment.

lishmaliny
05-18-2021, 10:25 AM
1. Men's Fashion: Velasca · 2. Children's Products: Milk · 3. Sunglasses: Shwood Eyewear ·