PDA

View Full Version : Some of the states do not require you to pay state income tax

Vash
01-23-2014, 04:45 AM
I have never thought about it until I saw a piece of news on Yahoo about some states do not require you to pay state income tax. At first I thought their sales tax must be high to make up for no income tax. At least it is not the case with Florida, where the sales tax is only 6%. You are welcomed to check on other states for sales tax and property tax. :)

The list of states which do not have income tax are
1. Alaska
2. Florida
3. Nevada
4. South Dakota
5. Texas
6. Washington
7. Wyoming
8. New Hampshire
9. Tennessee

You can see the source news in the following link.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/states-with-no-income-tax-181920465.html

Maybe I will move to Florida sometimes in the future... lol
Any similar thoughts? :D

pandandesign
01-23-2014, 12:28 PM
The funny thing is that I live in Oregon, and it requires people who work in the state to pay the state tax. I work in Vancouver, Washington, which doesn't require people to pay state tax, but since I live in Oregon and work in Washington state, I still have to pay the state tax. Same as the other way around, for those who live in the Washington state and live in Oregon, they still have to pay the state tax.

cpefley
01-23-2014, 08:18 PM
That is some very good information! I, personally, didn't know of any states that didn't collect any kinds of income tax. I live in California where both the income and sales tax (8%) are high. I don't think that Nevada has sales tax either. I guess living in a state where gambling is legal has its benefits.

LindaKay
01-24-2014, 03:01 AM
Wow, that is fascinating.

That certainly isn't true here in North Carolina. I always owe more in taxes to the state than I do to the feds.

crimsonghost747
01-24-2014, 03:11 AM
Interesting. How do they manage their budget, do they get enough from other taxes or maybe spending less on certain services?

Here in Europe there are big differences between different countries and people sometimes do move to another country due to financial reasons.

LindaKay
01-27-2014, 03:08 PM
I have always wondered about that. Just how do they make it without income tax? I think maybe the taxes on other things, such as properties, etc. are higher.