PDA

View Full Version : Organazation

04-08-2016, 08:32 AM
Hello, my name is Jason and I run a one man show collision repair shop just outside of Tampa Fl., Im sure this has been answered a thousand times here but again I run a one man show and simply cant make more hours in the day to try and search for the answer so here goes.

Been in business approx a year, my wife has been a big help with keeping paperwork in order/managing receipts ect.

My wife will not be handling any portion of my business any longer and so I need to get some help, my accountant either wants to do as little as possible or charge me an exorbitant amount of money to do anything more than what he is doing and so I have no other option but to learn some of these things that need to be done myself.

I am middle aged, dropped out of school in the 7th grade, have a gift for working with my hands but am not too bright on other matters. I have ZERO desire to not pay my taxes when I need to, I am afraid of being audited and caught with my pants around my knees and so I feel I need to hire someone temporarily to work with me and show me what I need to do with receipts and how to ( :confused: ) balance a checkbook.

What would this person be called, I will need to advertise or search for the right person but do not know where to begin.

I do have some limited experience with an older version of quickbooks but prob. know just enough to be told I know nothing about it.

I dont know what the answer is to my dilemma, have limited time to be dicking around with people that may just try and take advantage of me by collecting a paycheck and milking me by spending more time teaching me something that could be taught rather quickly.

I hope someone here can help me to find a solution. Thank-you

04-10-2016, 11:16 AM
15 views in 2 plus days and zero replies, this forum is on fire. Id like to thank someone ( anyone ) for any suggestion but at this point I can already imagine the condescending remarks after I leave this post so say la vee

Toliver & Bancroft
04-16-2016, 03:26 PM
Jason,

Sorry no one answered your question. Just throwing out a few ideas here to see if I can help: Have you tried looking up free accounting classes through your city? Many places offer free events to teach you basics on how to manage your finances. Not sure where you're located but they offer things like that here in Michigan. I know it's a long shot but you can also try looking up free lessons in your community through Craigslist. Or even try a few tutorial videos on youtube on how to manage business finances. You may have already tried this stuff, but if not, I hope maybe it'll help get a few ideas flowing for you.

-Carmen

Angelique - Be At Ease
05-11-2016, 05:58 PM
Hi Jason! How are you coming along with everything since you took everything over from your wife? Just as Toliver & Bancroft suggested, look for free classes in your area or online. I know you stated you don't want to spend your time researching online.

Try your local Taxation and Revenue Department. Here in New Mexico they have free classes. Are you currently using any accounting software?? I think it would help you out!

Accountants will charge a lot for the type of services you are asking for in your post. A bookkeeper would be better and cheaper. Bookkeepers could do it all or just help you out with some stuff.

I'm a bookkeeper and would be more than willing to talk some more! Even if you don't want to hire me as your bookkeeper I can at least steer you in the right direction of what you need and where to find it. If you want to do it all yourself and just need some help starting out let me know, I'm sure I can find some great resources like videos for you!!!

Quickbooks has some videos on how to use the simple parts. Check their website. They don't go into much detail but it sounds like your books would be on the simple side. Quickbooks also has classes you can take but in my opinion are expensive.

- Angelique with Be At Ease Bookkeeping

vamsi12
06-07-2016, 02:07 AM
A social unit of people that is structured and managed to meet a need or to pursue collective goals. All organizations have a management structure that determines relationships between the different activities and the members, and subdivides and assigns roles, responsibilities, and authority to carry out different tasks. Organizations are open systems--they affect and are affected by their environment.

speeduser
12-23-2020, 06:47 AM
Good luck on what you will be finding out. It will be surprising to know that there are lots of things that needs to be discovered. - Steven C Wyer (https://www.discogs.com/artist/3078023-Steve-Wyer)