PDA

View Full Version : Investing in the stock market

crimsonghost747
01-28-2014, 05:27 AM
This is of course something you can do as an individual or as a company, depending on which is better for you in terms of expenses.
I'm doing it as an individual, currently owning shares from 11 different companies with the main idea of getting a decent passive income from their dividends.

Anyone else interested in this? Feel free to share your strategies, companies etc.

novasparker
01-28-2014, 12:11 PM
Investing is a great way to make your money go to work for you. It is something that many people should explore and the younger you are, the better position you are in to make a decent little nest egg for yourself for your golden years. It takes a lot of research, patience and trial and error to figure out what stocks and other investment vehicles will net you the greatest return. The more volatile the investment vehicle, the greater chance for a good return...but the greater the risk for loss.

owesem75
01-28-2014, 01:24 PM
When you participate in the stock market you need to know that apart from researching about the best companies to invest in, your financial objectives, knowing the risks surrounding your investments and its technicalities, stock market is also about the psychology of the stakeholders. When I decided to participate, I have dedicated some time to read business news in the morning and continuously learning about the technical analysis to improve my understanding about the stock market.The only strategy that I have known so far is the cost averaging strategy.

swagger
01-28-2014, 02:07 PM
I do it solo in my spare time, because it's a hobby of mine. I'll take 10% of my monthly earnings and invest it in stocks. Only invest what you're willing to lose. Don't listen to anyone but your guy, and do your own research. If you're new to investing as a whole, I'd recommend trying out Forex investing first.

Auror
01-28-2014, 05:08 PM
Yep, stocks are good investments especially if you know what you're doing. Research and updates about the companies and the stock market as a whole is of course vital. And yes, diversification is key.

Those who don't have sufficient time to do some much needed research could just settle for mutual funds or other safer instruments.

wahmbrenda
01-28-2014, 05:16 PM
The stock market scares me, especially after its big crash a few years ago. My problem is that I don't understand it and haven't been good at math/making predictions. It's just too risky for my liking.

jubvman
01-29-2014, 01:45 AM
I've never researched the stock market much, but I do have quite a bit of experience in forex trading. As a beginner, I would highly recommend against scalping (opening and closing a trade within a few minutes), I don't think this method of trading is as prominent in stocks as it is forex though. Also keep leverage to a minimum, that's one of many things that could easily burn your money.

Unfortunately that's all the advice I can give on stocks, my expertise is forex!

I've always been interested in stock trading though, what's everyone's take on penny stocks?

crimsonghost747
01-29-2014, 02:18 AM
I've never researched the stock market much, but I do have quite a bit of experience in forex trading. As a beginner, I would highly recommend against scalping (opening and closing a trade within a few minutes), I don't think this method of trading is as prominent in stocks as it is forex though. Also keep leverage to a minimum, that's one of many things that could easily burn your money.

Unfortunately that's all the advice I can give on stocks, my expertise is forex!

I've always been interested in stock trading though, what's everyone's take on penny stocks?

Opening and closing positions within minutes rarely exists on the stock market. A lot of trades are done in a slightly longer time scale, within a an hour or two. These are mainly robots which try to predict future movements by algorithms but normal people do this too. I however recommend against it, it's very risky.

As for penny stocks... in my opinion it's not worth it. You are investing in small companies that probably aren't even profitable. You could strike gold but the chances of doing that are quite small.

jfab
01-29-2014, 02:50 AM
I guess if you really know your way around stock markets then it's good to invest on it. But if it's your first time, I won't hold my breath on it. It takes a while to study the rates and the flow of money in stocks. It's like gambling if you don't know the business inside it because all you would do is guess. it's also best to have a financial adviser to give you tips before you place your money on just about any stock.

delusional
01-29-2014, 03:50 AM
I have made some investments in the stock market but only stocks that I know are not a risk. I will probably invest some more money if I have to time to manage it properly. I don't link to have my money sitting somewhere and then after a few months check up on it, I want it to be active and I want to see the fluctuations everyday so see what the trend of the stock is.

crimsonghost747
01-29-2014, 04:39 AM
I guess if you really know your way around stock markets then it's good to invest on it. But if it's your first time, I won't hold my breath on it. It takes a while to study the rates and the flow of money in stocks. It's like gambling if you don't know the business inside it because all you would do is guess. it's also best to have a financial adviser to give you tips before you place your money on just about any stock.

Obviously a lot of research is required in order to understand exactly how the company works, where their profits and expenses come from etc. Then you have to make your own assumptions on how they will do in the future. There is always a risk, but gambling is the wrong word for it.

I would highly recommend not having a financial advisor when it comes to the stock market. For one, if they are really that good at the stock market then they will be lying on a beach on a tropical island with a laptop, not sitting in a bank. They also work for the bank and will be trying to sell you the banks own products. I talk to mine about once a year but never anything stock related, I just need her to recommend me different savings accounts according to my situation.

fredkawig
01-29-2014, 08:12 AM
The stock market and investing in stocks is a pretty good idea specially when you have knowledge in manipulating the data of when to buy stocks and what stocks are the most stable. Even in your local area, you could actually make profit by just buying and selling stocks. A lot of companies also make income through the stock market like most insurance companies. It is really a great deal to invest some money into stocks.

myepicdemise
01-29-2014, 08:15 AM
I hope you don't mind me going off topic just a little. How would you people compare between trading stocks and trading Forex? Which is more favorable to you and why?

DomDom
01-29-2014, 09:06 AM
I hope you don't mind me going off topic just a little. How would you people compare between trading stocks and trading Forex? Which is more favorable to you and why?
I personally prefer Forex. Comparing Forex to stocks the main differences are volatility (higher in Forex, more risk more reward), Leverage is far greater in Forex (a double edged sword!) and trading hours. I prefer Forex because I think it is harder to manipulate than stock prices (even though its very dangerous as well).

novasparker
01-29-2014, 09:45 AM
Delusional, you are more like a day trader. You like to take action and take advantage of minute trends in the market, rather than a buy and hold investor who likes to try and ride out the bumps in the market. Day traders make smaller profits more often (when they get it right) and tend to believe that doing a bunch of transactions over time will net a greater profit and minimize losses. Many people have done this successfully, but can be tricky. Good luck

owesem75
01-29-2014, 03:15 PM

When you say FOREX, are you referring to the BINARY OPTIONS? I thought it is more like a gambling than investment, especially when you are trading based on time. There is also a bigger risk in FOREX than stocks I think, because either you win a certain percentage of the money you put in, or you LOSE everything!

Stock market is simply buying shares of a company making you a part-owner (or investor) of the said company. You earn passive income through dividends and of course through the ever changing value of the stock shares depending on when you are going to sell it.

In Forex, it doesn't require you to do much of the fundamental or technical analysis, but rather just guess whether the currency is going to high or low.

Certainly, I would be willing to try FOREX, just to know how it really works, but I will remain and continue to invest through the stock market.

LindaKay
01-29-2014, 03:24 PM
This is something that I've never done, but I've always been interested in it. I've always wondered if "real people" (not super wealthy ones!) ever actually make money from owning stocks. I'm sure some do, but I'm just too scared to lose my little bit of money, so I never invest.

jubvman
01-30-2014, 04:47 AM
Opening and closing positions within minutes rarely exists on the stock market. A lot of trades are done in a slightly longer time scale, within a an hour or two. These are mainly robots which try to predict future movements by algorithms but normal people do this too. I however recommend against it, it's very risky.

As for penny stocks... in my opinion it's not worth it. You are investing in small companies that probably aren't even profitable. You could strike gold but the chances of doing that are quite small.

Yeah I agree with you, scalping is definitely dangerous for anyone. As for the penny stocks, I wasn't quite sure how many companies became profitable enough to make it worth while so thanks for clarifying that.

I think the safest method for someone investing in the markets would be index funds like the NASDAQ, FTSE, DOW, NIKKEI etc.

jubvman
01-30-2014, 04:54 AM
When you say FOREX, are you referring to the BINARY OPTIONS? I thought it is more like a gambling than investment, especially when you are trading based on time. There is also a bigger risk in FOREX than stocks I think, because either you win a certain percentage of the money you put in, or you LOSE everything!

Stock market is simply buying shares of a company making you a part-owner (or investor) of the said company. You earn passive income through dividends and of course through the ever changing value of the stock shares depending on when you are going to sell it.

In Forex, it doesn't require you to do much of the fundamental or technical analysis, but rather just guess whether the currency is going to high or low.

Certainly, I would be willing to try FOREX, just to know how it really works, but I will remain and continue to invest through the stock market.

I'm not too familiar with all the terminology so not quite sure what you mean by binary options. Forex is currency trading and two currencies are involved in each trade, for example you buy Yen in exchange for Dollar (in which case you are short USD/JPY).

There is definitely a lot of fundamental, technical and sentimental analysis involved in forex so I wouldn't consider it gambling. However over here in the UK your profits can be tax free if you trade under a spread betting broker as the government consider it gambling!

crimsonghost747
01-30-2014, 06:04 AM
I personally prefer Forex. Comparing Forex to stocks the main differences are volatility (higher in Forex, more risk more reward), Leverage is far greater in Forex (a double edged sword!) and trading hours. I prefer Forex because I think it is harder to manipulate than stock prices (even though its very dangerous as well).

I wouldn't say that the volatility itself is higher in Forex. Changes (percentage wise) are rarely as large as with stocks, for example the 52 week range of EUR.USD is 1.2749 - 1.3882. So less than 10%. Most stocks have much more volatility. More risk more reward is true but only because you are using leveraged products, which are also available to most publicly traded stocks.

crimsonghost747
01-30-2014, 06:07 AM
This is something that I've never done, but I've always been interested in it. I've always wondered if "real people" (not super wealthy ones!) ever actually make money from owning stocks. I'm sure some do, but I'm just too scared to lose my little bit of money, so I never invest.

Yes "real people" do it all the time! It's a common misconseption that the stock market is only for the wealthy. You can get started with pretty much any amount of money as long as you have a broker who does not charge an upkeep fee. However I'd recommend that you have at least $500 to start so the commissions won't hurt so much.

crimsonghost747
01-30-2014, 06:11 AM
Yeah I agree with you, scalping is definitely dangerous for anyone. As for the penny stocks, I wasn't quite sure how many companies became profitable enough to make it worth while so thanks for clarifying that.

I think the safest method for someone investing in the markets would be index funds like the NASDAQ, FTSE, DOW, NIKKEI etc.

Pretty sure that penny stocks have more or less the same requirements with financial reporting so you can check out if a company you are interested in is profitable or not. But it's obvious that most small companies are high risk, high reward ones, at least compared to the industry giants.

Index Funds are a great idea! I don't know how I didn't mention it! Definitely worth a look for those who aren't too sure of themselves or who don't have the time to research a lot. Now might be a bad time to buy though since despite the not-so-great economy most indexes are at a very high point.

themusicchamber
01-30-2014, 06:23 AM
I have invested in stock market when I was in my college and I think that this was a very big task and need a lot of experiment and research for getting successful in this market and I hope that your guidelines and true and useful.

jubvman
01-30-2014, 11:39 PM
Pretty sure that penny stocks have more or less the same requirements with financial reporting so you can check out if a company you are interested in is profitable or not. But it's obvious that most small companies are high risk, high reward ones, at least compared to the industry giants.

Index Funds are a great idea! I don't know how I didn't mention it! Definitely worth a look for those who aren't too sure of themselves or who don't have the time to research a lot. Now might be a bad time to buy though since despite the not-so-great economy most indexes are at a very high point.

I'm not quite sure if this is true or not, but I read somewhere that big companies can't invest in stocks that are under $3 a share or something like that. If true, would be a great investment if someone could find a penny stock that's hovering around that mark which companies are just waiting to purchase.

I agree that index funds would probably be a bad idea to purchase at the moment, however I still wouldn't sell yet if I did have them in my portfolio. Seems like they always rise year after year.

jackalex545
01-31-2014, 01:01 AM
I mean, I have money in hand, where do I go? I don't have a financial adviser. I want to know exactly what do I do and where do I go. Can I go directly to the company? To the bank? Step by step when I leave my house. Stocks for dummies. Thanks.

DomDom
01-31-2014, 06:51 AM
You have to open up an account at a stock broker. You get software with which you can check out stocks and buy them. If you are new to this my advice is to learn before investing or just invest into Index funds and leave the money for 10+yrs!

owesem75
01-31-2014, 10:10 AM
Consult your bank and request for some financial advice. Usually, some bank offers investment related services and I am very sure that they could help you with it. If you are lucky, your bank is also operating a stock brokerage facility which will make your life easier (in stock market investing). Good luck to you!

Dinomarino1
01-31-2014, 04:45 PM
I am young and the stock market seems like a great way to get your money working for you. but i cant help but to think that one day the economy is going to collapse and all the money that someone has invested will be gone

wahmbrenda
02-01-2014, 12:15 PM
See Dinomarino, that's the scary thing. Our economy simply isn't what it used to be. It's gotten somewhat better in the last year but it's still struggling. Since the stock market is based on the economy, you'd be buying into something that I agree is going to eventually collapse. I wish there was a safe way to make my money work for me without taking such a gamble.

swagger
02-01-2014, 12:27 PM
See Dinomarino, that's the scary thing. Our economy simply isn't what it used to be. It's gotten somewhat better in the last year but it's still struggling. Since the stock market is based on the economy, you'd be buying into something that I agree is going to eventually collapse. I wish there was a safe way to make my money work for me without taking such a gamble.

The stock market won't collapse any time soon. It has mini-collapses, so to speak, and these are great opportunities for profits, when stocks lower in price during a mini-collapse. Only invest what you're willing to lose.

DomDom
02-01-2014, 12:42 PM
The stock market won't collapse any time soon. It has mini-collapses, so to speak, and these are great opportunities for profits, when stocks lower in price during a mini-collapse. Only invest what you're willing to lose.

Exactly! All the best investors in the world agree in one thing and that is to buy buy buy when the price is low and the market and stocks undervalued! On the other side of the coin, always sell when it is overvalued (the stock market right now is overvalued IMO and the one in 2007/2009 was undervalued)!

Read some books on the topic!

wahmbrenda
02-02-2014, 11:32 AM

I don't think it's going to happen soon but I think it's bound to happen. My problem is that I don't have any money that I wouldn't mind losing. When I invest my money in something I want to get something from it.

swagger
02-02-2014, 12:33 PM
I don't think it's going to happen soon but I think it's bound to happen. My problem is that I don't have any money that I wouldn't mind losing. When I invest my money in something I want to get something from it.

That saying isn't implying that you're gonna lose money, it's saying don't invest money you need for bills, food, etc. If you have extra money I'd recommend learning to invest in the stock market, as it's fun at points and makes good money. Obviously nobody wants to lose money from investing, and it rarely happens once you're experienced in investing.

DomDom
02-02-2014, 02:12 PM
That saying isn't implying that you're gonna lose money, it's saying don't invest money you need for bills, food, etc. If you have extra money I'd recommend learning to invest in the stock market, as it's fun at points and makes good money. Obviously nobody wants to lose money from investing, and it rarely happens once you're experienced in investing.
Everyone who is thinking about investing their money, I suggest you do soem education and reading. For starters I would reccomend One up on Wall Street,Beating the street and Learn to Earn by Peter lynch. It teaches you about the stock market and they way Peter Lynch invested. On top of that read the Intelligent Investor. Those books should give you some fundamental udnerstanding of investing.

jubvman
02-02-2014, 03:49 PM
I am young and the stock market seems like a great way to get your money working for you. but i cant help but to think that one day the economy is going to collapse and all the money that someone has invested will be gone

Stock market will never collapse, as long as there are profitable business (which there will be). There is always a chance of a mini-collapse as a poster above me has said, but the chances of you having positions open during that time (unless you're a position trader and have many positions open for several years). So personally, I'd say you're pretty safe as far as collapses go, but there are probably people who can give you a better insight on the topic

owesem75
02-02-2014, 04:11 PM
Have you heard of ROBERT KIYOSAKI? He is a great speaker about business, investments and making money. I have read some of his books and he actually never recommends investing in stocks.. but he made a good point though.

gHiros
02-02-2014, 06:12 PM
Have you heard of ROBERT KIYOSAKI? He is a great speaker about business, investments and making money. I have read some of his books and he actually never recommends investing in stocks.. but he made a good point though.

Yeah, I heard the same thing about that, too. But I believe R. Kiyosaki's position is to NOT totally avoid in investing, especially in commodities. Commodities include things like precious metals (gold, silver), energy (oil, natural gas), or agriculture (food). I think there are more items in that category, but that's all I can think of right now.

Lodismel
02-03-2014, 09:08 AM
Investing has always been an interesting proposition for me, but I've never really had the disposable income to do so. It also seems like a really scary and unreliable thing. Obviously there are ways to do it that have lower risk and that's why so many people do it. I'm not sure that I will feel comfortable ever doing it in a capacity that isn't 'just for fun'. I definitely agree with educating yourself about it. Extensive research is pretty much required.

owesem75
02-03-2014, 02:05 PM
Investing has always been an interesting proposition for me, but I've never really had the disposable income to do so. It also seems like a really scary and unreliable thing. Obviously there are ways to do it that have lower risk and that's why so many people do it. I'm not sure that I will feel comfortable ever doing it in a capacity that isn't 'just for fun'. I definitely agree with educating yourself about it. Extensive research is pretty much required.

You have to start somewhere. Make sure that you secure your self first (insurance), enough savings and have a steady source of income before you engage into stock investing. You must also set your goals and decide whether you intend to invest in a short, medium or long term. Of course, you have to research more specially when you start selecting the first company you would want to invest in.

midynamics
02-03-2014, 05:52 PM
Trading at indices like S&P, NASDAQ and the like is almost equivalent to roulette at the Bellagio. It's all speculative and hardly based on fundamentals. I usually prefer offshore stock markets that have strong fundamentals and are not highly volatile. E.g. Would you believe that the Pakistani stock market (KSE-100) is the world best performing index. The only downside is the ever increasing $-PKR parity but again you can always hedge.

techman1945
02-03-2014, 06:15 PM
Lol Nice point midynamics..All I saw was "the Bellagio" in the post preview on the homepage and I was interested...I love Vegas!!

Anyway, I agree with you. That's why I always trust Kevin O'leary's advice. He says noone should ever invest in a stock that doesn't pay dividends. Otherwise, its all speculation. But if you are able to get a piece of the profits, "some companies pay upwards of 5% Dividends", then It makes the process of investing and compounding interest all the more enriching!!

midynamics
02-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Definitely. My prime interest are dividends. Capital gains from stock appreciation just do for toppings. KSE-100 is regular dividends.

pandandesign
02-04-2014, 12:32 AM
Stock market is sure a good way to invest your money on, but only if you know how to function and which stocks you would think you can make money from. My uncle used to invest on stock market, which he hardly made any money because he didn't understand how the stock market worked, plus he didn't pick the right stocks to begin in the first place. I think if you know much about making your investment to the stock market, it's a good way to do so but you have to do a lot of studies and researches, as well as planning and make sure you know each individual stock before you make the bet.

barbaa
02-06-2014, 05:53 AM
I would extremely suggest not having a money authority once it involves the exchange once you have data in manipulating the information of once to shop for stocks and what stocks area unit the foremost stable. Even in your native space, you'll truly build profit by simply shopping for and commerce stocks

Andy1982
02-06-2014, 09:24 AM
I would'nt be keen on the stock market, but I would be interested in bitcoin when the price drops a bit. A bit too pricey for me now. I suppose you can't go wrong with big pharama companies or the military complex always does well.

mikka254
02-06-2014, 04:09 PM
I like that you are advising young people to invest their money. But if it's about the stock market, you should also remind them that it's a gamble. Not all stocks end up as cash-able profits. Sometimes, there are losses so big that you are lucky if you leave with what you came with. If ever you decide to invest in the stock market long term. I would suggest that you do your research first especially on newly formed companies with potential. This is a good long term investment because you'll buy your shares for a low price and once the business is successful as you predict, you can sell your shares for an extremely high profit. Just as the first investors of Facebook.

DomDom
02-06-2014, 05:23 PM
I like that you are advising young people to invest their money. But if it's about the stock market, you should also remind them that it's a gamble. Not all stocks end up as cash-able profits. Sometimes, there are losses so big that you are lucky if you leave with what you came with. If ever you decide to invest in the stock market long term. I would suggest that you do your research first especially on newly formed companies with potential. This is a good long term investment because you'll buy your shares for a low price and once the business is successful as you predict, you can sell your shares for an extremely high profit. Just as the first investors of Facebook.

Its not a real gamble. Picking stocks and investing is a skill and also a knowledge! To be good at anything you need to have skill and hard earned knowledge!

Qraqq
02-07-2014, 07:40 AM
I really do think a lot of planning, strategy setting and practice (on a stock market simulator) is necessary before going in. Patience is a must too, we've all heard those horrible suicide stories haven't we..?

Also, I think that patience and a willingness to learn from one's mistakes and constant information gathering and research are musts for this.

Just my 2 cents!

novasparker
02-07-2014, 09:28 AM
There isn't any stocks that don't represent a risk. Think about it. Remember when the Enron scandal went down? And the Worldcom/MCI thing happened? MCI/Worldcom was one of the largest communications companies in the world...and was brought to its knees in a matter of just a few days after the accounting scandal broke. Even though you think you are investing in solid companies, unless you are there, working in every aspect of the company, there is no way that you can know 100% for sure that the company isn't doing something that won't wind up being it's ultimate death. And that doesn't even take into consideration current and future market conditions. There is no such thing as a risk free investment. There are low risk investments, but not risk free.

Qraqq
02-07-2014, 11:58 PM
True, at the end it all depends on whether you are risk pro or rick averse. Being risk averse can more often than not cause stability but lower comparative returns. Risk taking can be very unstable yet prove very, very lucrative.

owesem75
02-08-2014, 12:19 PM
In stocks investing, you need to know the company that you wanted to buy. You have to scrutinize their financial statements. Usually, if you are using an online platform from your broker, these information are available just in just a few clicks. Check the index and you will find the most stable companies there is. Yes the risk is high, but you really have to put your heart in it, try to learn it, enroll in a demo account and figure out if stock investing is ok for you.

DomDom
02-08-2014, 04:47 PM
And read a good book on it - try the Intelligent Investor by Graham, it is considered the bible of investing.

sbatz72
02-09-2014, 01:32 PM
My strategies are basically the same. I would like to earn a passive income, or retirement income I should say, from the dividends in my portfolio.
My brother-in-law has a friend who owns an investment broker firm. I am going to go there as soon as I have saved $10,000. I would like for him to help me start my portfolio.
I have heard if you have help from a professional, as oposed to a DIY portfolio, you are sure to get the outcome you are looking for. I do not want to mess up my portfolio and invest more than I should have to.

wahmbrenda
02-09-2014, 01:37 PM
It seems that this business would take a lot more research than a lot of the other ones that are available today. As such, I'd think that there would be more of a learning curve, especially since it's hard to know who's going to teach you correctly. All of this bothers me, which is why this still ain't for me. I truly respect/admire those who get into it and make decent money from it though.

delusional
02-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Unless you have a decent capital, don't even think about getting started in stock trading. Most exchanges charge a fee of +-$5. A lot of stocks don't even make this profit. So try to weigh down how much percent the fee would be on your total capital. 0.1% would be nice to have.

crimsonghost747
02-09-2014, 04:39 PM
First of all I'd like to thank everyone who has participated, I've been away for a while (and will continue to do so for at least a week) but it's good to see that the thread is going strong. Lot's of great comments!

I've noticed that a lot of people recommend not to invest more than you are ready to lose. I disagree with this, since if you have a decent portfolio you will never ever lose all of your money. Don't keep all your eggs in one basket. One company could go bankrupt for some unforseeable reasons and then you would lose the money you invested in that company, but in a larger portfolio that won't be more than 15% of your total investment.

crimsonghost747
02-09-2014, 04:41 PM
My strategies are basically the same. I would like to earn a passive income, or retirement income I should say, from the dividends in my portfolio.
My brother-in-law has a friend who owns an investment broker firm. I am going to go there as soon as I have saved $10,000. I would like for him to help me start my portfolio.
I have heard if you have help from a professional, as oposed to a DIY portfolio, you are sure to get the outcome you are looking for. I do not want to mess up my portfolio and invest more than I should have to.

Using a professional is something that divides opinions. Talking to them is a good idea, but you always have to keep in mind that they work for someone and as such, will try to sell you the products of their employer.

Also keep in mind that IF they would be really awesome at making great profits at the stock market, they would be lying on a beach with a laptop and a margarita, not working in an office for someone else.

crimsonghost747
02-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Unless you have a decent capital, don't even think about getting started in stock trading. Most exchanges charge a fee of +-$5. A lot of stocks don't even make this profit. So try to weigh down how much percent the fee would be on your total capital. 0.1% would be nice to have.

A very good point when it comes to trading. When using small amounts and short periods of time, the commission can take up a huge percentage of your wins.
Two things to keep in mind when calculating commission and it's effects.
1. You pay commission for both buying and selling. So for a single trade you will pay the commission twice.
2. You also pay commission even if you lost money with the trade.

JohnSword
02-10-2014, 02:42 AM
I haven't done any investing in the stock market, though I'm looking to do so in the near future. I read somewhere that it's a good idea to invest in mutual funds and private companies. Also, it seems that I should stay clear of penny stocks due to the risks involved. Obviously I would need to do much more research before diving in, but hopefully I'll be able to build a portfolio by the end of this year.

owesem75
02-10-2014, 02:20 PM
In buying shares of stocks, always remember that you are BUYING shares of OWNERSHIP of an existing company. So first and foremost, you have to make sure that you are buying only the best and well managed companies you think would last long and make profit. It is always better to buy big companies at a fair price, rather than buying shares of stocks from small companies at a cheap price.

DomDom
02-10-2014, 02:38 PM
A very good point when it comes to trading. When using small amounts and short periods of time, the commission can take up a huge percentage of your wins.
Two things to keep in mind when calculating commission and it's effects.
1. You pay commission for both buying and selling. So for a single trade you will pay the commission twice.
2. You also pay commission even if you lost money with the trade.

If you lack good capital you can always try demo trading. Anyone starting out with stocks should demo for soem time before they are profittable and knowledgeable enough.

crimsonghost747
02-10-2014, 04:37 PM
In buying shares of stocks, always remember that you are BUYING shares of OWNERSHIP of an existing company. So first and foremost, you have to make sure that you are buying only the best and well managed companies you think would last long and make profit. It is always better to buy big companies at a fair price, rather than buying shares of stocks from small companies at a cheap price.

Solid advice. So many people try to find that one company which will skyrocket, basically expecting to multiply their money 10x or 100x in a matter of years. That does happen often but it's a very risky business. Especially beginners should mainly stick to larger companies which are more stable.

crimsonghost747
02-10-2014, 04:43 PM
If you lack good capital you can always try demo trading. Anyone starting out with stocks should demo for soem time before they are profittable and knowledgeable enough.

Demo accounts are great for trading. Personally I only do long term investing instead of trading, so the necessities for capital are quite different. I'd say that $500 is enough to start investing but definitely not enough for trading.

You seem to have some experience with trading, what is the minimum amount you would recommend someone to have?

owesem75
02-11-2014, 03:33 PM
I think the minimum startup investment to get into stock market varies from many different countries. In my country, you can create a stockbroker account for free and start with the minimum of US$120 (based on today's forex rate). I tried to invest in the stock market from other countries such as Singapore and Japan and I found it to be different from what I used to know and experienced in my country.

Francisco23
02-11-2014, 04:35 PM
Trading in Markets is overall fun and risky...and lucrative (if you have the right strategies). I personally don't trade stocks. I think they are too unpredictable and volatile. The foreign exchange market is somewhat the same, but it allows you to control your losses as you choose the volume of trade you want, etc. I trade forex. I have gained a lot so far and I am looking forward to a gainful future.

Spiff
02-11-2014, 04:39 PM
This is of course something you can do as an individual or as a company, depending on which is better for you in terms of expenses.
I'm doing it as an individual, currently owning shares from 11 different companies with the main idea of getting a decent passive income from their dividends.

Anyone else interested in this? Feel free to share your strategies, companies etc.Want to share some of the companies and how it's going for you? I've already been way too scared to invest in stocks.. especially in today's market. Didn't the stock market just take a huge plummet? The only thing that I think would be fun about owning stocks is being able to wake up and check them every day. It's all a gamble, and I don't know why anyone does it who doesn't have a lot of money to spare. If I were to come into some money somehow, I may give it a try. Otherwise, I am not too much of a gambling person.

DomDom
02-11-2014, 05:39 PM
Want to share some of the companies and how it's going for you? I've already been way too scared to invest in stocks.. especially in today's market. Didn't the stock market just take a huge plummet? The only thing that I think would be fun about owning stocks is being able to wake up and check them every day. It's all a gamble, and I don't know why anyone does it who doesn't have a lot of money to spare. If I were to come into some money somehow, I may give it a try. Otherwise, I am not too much of a gambling person.

If you are going to try it then atleast do your due dilligence. Read some books and learn the basics of the market, how and why it behaves. If you invest money without knowing that its basically all just a gamble.

delusional
02-12-2014, 01:13 AM
If you are going to try it then atleast do your due dilligence. Read some books and learn the basics of the market, how and why it behaves. If you invest money without knowing that its basically all just a gamble.

Very true. As opposed to other things, the stock market isn't something you should just dive into. The more you read about it, the better you will understand and the less money you will lose.

Spiff
02-12-2014, 01:25 AM
If you are going to try it then atleast do your due dilligence. Read some books and learn the basics of the market, how and why it behaves. If you invest money without knowing that its basically all just a gamble.I think that you can be prepared and do as much research as you want, but the key to having a successful play at the stock market is having a diverse investment portfolio. No matter what, it's always a gamble. Ever seen a great stock that was trending really well suddenly plummet? Well, there you have it. There is no way to be 100% secure in your stocks.

owesem75
02-12-2014, 05:57 AM
While I find stock market a good place to invest (i.e. buying shares of stocks means owning part of the company), i find FOREX (binary options) to be like more of a gambling. You either just guess if the value of the currency (or commodity) would high or low and that's it. What makes it exciting though is if you have the ability to read technical analysis provided by your broker (which by the way, are more complicated than the tech analysis in the stock market), then you must be an expert.

Another thing that I do not like in binary options is the difficulty to withdraw your money.. its toooo complicated.

One last thing, I observed that the most binary option operators are based in Greece, Cyprus, and some islands in the pacific.. why? I dont know.

crimsonghost747
02-12-2014, 11:23 AM
I think the minimum startup investment to get into stock market varies from many different countries. In my country, you can create a stockbroker account for free and start with the minimum of US$120 (based on today's forex rate). I tried to invest in the stock market from other countries such as Singapore and Japan and I found it to be different from what I used to know and experienced in my country.

In the end it's about the commission. For long term investment, I think anything under 1% is acceptable. So if you manage to pay only $1 per puchase of commission, then $100 would be ok. So yes, definitely varies by which market you want to invest in and who your broker is.

crimsonghost747
02-12-2014, 11:27 AM
Want to share some of the companies and how it's going for you? I've already been way too scared to invest in stocks.. especially in today's market. Didn't the stock market just take a huge plummet? The only thing that I think would be fun about owning stocks is being able to wake up and check them every day. It's all a gamble, and I don't know why anyone does it who doesn't have a lot of money to spare. If I were to come into some money somehow, I may give it a try. Otherwise, I am not too much of a gambling person.

Going really well at the moment for me. The market has been going up for a long time now, so most people should have a positive balance at the moment!
Some of my companies which I love:
Aqua America
Raytheon
Philip Morris

Growing, more or less stable, good dividend history etc. These will not make you rich instantly but will very likely lead to a long term growth.

DomDom
02-12-2014, 02:34 PM
Going really well at the moment for me. The market has been going up for a long time now, so most people should have a positive balance at the moment!
Some of my companies which I love:
Aqua America
Raytheon
Philip Morris

Growing, more or less stable, good dividend history etc. These will not make you rich instantly but will very likely lead to a long term growth.

I have my eye on Chipotle. Its too overpriced currently but I plan to enter when the prices falls down. Their growth compared to their balance sheet (tons of cash and little debt) is really unbelievable.

pahagwl
02-13-2014, 08:28 AM
I have been investing in the stock markets for the past two years or so. Before selecting a company to invest into, I undertake quite an amount of research. The first thing which I look for is whether the company has a management which is clean and has had a good track record. Then I look for the potential competitive advantages it enjoys in comparison to the other players in the industry. Next on the list is whether they have defaulted on their credit or not. I also look at their past financial results. Budding investors are advised to always research the company they want to invest into

crimsonghost747
02-13-2014, 12:38 PM
I have my eye on Chipotle. Its too overpriced currently but I plan to enter when the prices falls down. Their growth compared to their balance sheet (tons of cash and little debt) is really unbelievable.

The growth and their financials definitely look promising. However... a P/E of over 50!?
You're right, looks like an interesting company but definitely overpriced at the moment.

DomDom
02-13-2014, 04:55 PM
The growth and their financials definitely look promising. However... a P/E of over 50!?
You're right, looks like an interesting company but definitely overpriced at the moment.

Exactly, I am hoping for a big correction of the stock market to enter a position. I would consider entering under a P/E of 25. Its not very likely that it will happen soon but I have my eye on it.

Do you have any stocks you have your eye on ?

crimsonghost747
02-14-2014, 04:36 AM
With a P/E of 25 that would look like a good buy. However that would require a huge correction and then some bad news for the company itself.

Currently I'm planning on increasing my positions in the companies which I currently own. I'm probably going to increase my position in IRC, mainly for their steady monthly dividends. I'd also love to buy some more Raytheon but the price has climbed quite high. Aqua America is also interesting but their percentage of my portfolio is already rather large.

DomDom
02-14-2014, 11:33 AM
With a P/E of 25 that would look like a good buy. However that would require a huge correction and then some bad news for the company itself.

Currently I'm planning on increasing my positions in the companies which I currently own. I'm probably going to increase my position in IRC, mainly for their steady monthly dividends. I'd also love to buy some more Raytheon but the price has climbed quite high. Aqua America is also interesting but their percentage of my portfolio is already rather large.

Yeah, I love the company because of its balance sheet and their possibilities on the market. The market is overpriced now I believe it can really go down alot in the right conditions. Im also checking out Noodles&Co. Ill check out your other listings too so we can comment. :)

crimsonghost747
02-15-2014, 07:31 AM
Yeah, I love the company because of its balance sheet and their possibilities on the market. The market is overpriced now I believe it can really go down alot in the right conditions. Im also checking out Noodles&Co. Ill check out your other listings too so we can comment. :)

I definitely agree on the market being overpriced. However seeing as the big boys want to keep pumping money into the market, prices could rise for a long time. I still keep buying in low quantities, with some cash always on the side in case the crash does come.

The thing is: looking at the companies, we seem to have very different strategies. Whereas you seem to go for companies with a lot of growth potential, I prefer playing it safe. I also aim for a good dividend income, not relying so much on the increase in the price of shares.

owesem75
02-16-2014, 10:25 AM
I definitely agree on the market being overpriced. However seeing as the big boys want to keep pumping money into the market, prices could rise for a long time. I still keep buying in low quantities, with some cash always on the side in case the crash does come.

The thing is: looking at the companies, we seem to have very different strategies. Whereas you seem to go for companies with a lot of growth potential, I prefer playing it safe. I also aim for a good dividend income, not relying so much on the increase in the price of shares.

this is a very good point crimsonghost747. I also invest in companies that pays good dividend income regularly. I also monitor local business news because I can easily find there hints about what companies are doing and the next best things to happen.

DomDom
02-16-2014, 02:42 PM
this is a very good point crimsonghost747. I also invest in companies that pays good dividend income regularly. I also monitor local business news because I can easily find there hints about what companies are doing and the next best things to happen.

This is a pretty interesting dividend strategy : http://www.investopedia.com/university/stockpicking/stockpicking8.asp

I myself prefer the high growth stock and I must admit that I am a Peter Lynch fan. Which investors are your favourite ?

crimsonghost747
02-16-2014, 05:05 PM
Never heard of that strategy before. It's not something I'd like to use though, a lot of changing stocks and only picking them based on very little info.

What I like to do is look into companies which are capable of increasing their dividend in the long term. Not only will this result in a good yield (for the price I bought them with) in a couple of years, it also provides a nice protection against inflation.

owesem75
02-17-2014, 05:59 AM
The strategy seem very interesting, but I have to cross check it with the Asian market stats because I think there is a big gap/difference between them, besides, many Asian companies have varying strategies and that is why its a kind of odd for me to just use it.

arupmi
02-18-2014, 08:33 AM
I'm in the financial trading profession, and seen my ups and downs. All I can say for sure is that you need to follow a strategy which you are confident about, and stick to your plan. You will never have all winning trades. Risk management is the key. Never let your losses accumulate, and use appropriate stop losses. This will apply whether you are day trading or investing for the long term

Taru
02-19-2014, 09:57 PM
I've bought and sold some stocks in the past but not really enough to get a proper grasp of it, although I did end up gaining a profit in the end. I think it's best to just bank on stable companies when it comes to the stock market and treat it more just like a higher interest paying place to keep your funds. I wouldn't personally rely on it for majority of my annual income, and would rather that it be just a minor addition to it since it is probably best to see these investments from a long term perspective. I am very much interested in it, though, and I plan on learning a lot more about it in the next half of this year.

LindaKay
02-20-2014, 12:48 AM
I've bought and sold some stocks in the past but not really enough to get a proper grasp of it, although I did end up gaining a profit in the end. I think it's best to just bank on stable companies when it comes to the stock market and treat it more just like a higher interest paying place to keep your funds. I wouldn't personally rely on it for majority of my annual income, and would rather that it be just a minor addition to it since it is probably best to see these investments from a long term perspective. I am very much interested in it, though, and I plan on learning a lot more about it in the next half of this year.

Well, if you were just learning the ropes and were still able to make a profit from it, you must have been doing something right. I agree that you shouldn't count on stocks as part of your annual income; instead, it should be a bit of a surprise if you're able to make much.

crimsonghost747
02-20-2014, 03:20 AM
If it's day trading that you do then no, don't rely on it for your income. However with stable long term investing there is nothing wrong with relying on it... as long as your portfolio is done correctly. With most well established companies changes dividends are usually in the upwards direction, so with the right portfolio you will be making more money from dividends each and every year.

Nerohs
02-20-2014, 09:05 PM
Investing is a great way to make your money go to work for you. It is something that many people should explore and the younger you are, the better position you are in to make a decent little nest egg for yourself for your golden years. It takes a lot of research, patience and trial and error to figure out what stocks and other investment vehicles will net you the greatest return. The more volatile the investment vehicle, the greater chance for a good return...but the greater the risk for loss.

Couldn't agree with you more novasparker, I am only 20 years old, but I have had the dream of playing the stock market since I was a young little boy. I still have not got playing, but the advice that your are giving is exactly what I hear from my father. He talks about starting young and everything. great advice, I highly suggest using a demo account, to learn the market a little before investing with real currency.

crimsonghost747
02-21-2014, 04:54 AM
Couldn't agree with you more novasparker, I am only 20 years old, but I have had the dream of playing the stock market since I was a young little boy. I still have not got playing, but the advice that your are giving is exactly what I hear from my father. He talks about starting young and everything. great advice, I highly suggest using a demo account, to learn the market a little before investing with real currency.

You are young, you are not in a hurry so you should definitely look into more long term investing.
I would very highly recommend you take a look at dividend aristocrats and think about acquiring some of them, you have a long life ahead of you and steadily increasing dividend growth could very well make you very happy one day.

DomDom
02-21-2014, 04:26 PM
You are young, you are not in a hurry so you should definitely look into more long term investing.
I would very highly recommend you take a look at dividend aristocrats and think about acquiring some of them, you have a long life ahead of you and steadily increasing dividend growth could very well make you very happy one day.

Or maybe he could get a tenbagger as Peter Lynch likes to say! Imagine how rich are people who invested in Wal-Mart when it was local! :D

crimsonghost747
02-21-2014, 04:54 PM
Or maybe he could get a tenbagger as Peter Lynch likes to say! Imagine how rich are people who invested in Wal-Mart when it was local! :D

Yep, now if only my damn crystal ball would tell me what those ten baggers are!
Actually I just invested into my first real growth company today... having mixed feelings but I think it will work out well. Just $1250 though, I want to keep the stakes low with these more risky types of investments.

crucider
02-21-2014, 05:29 PM
I do solo invest occasionally when companies I know are releasing products soon I try to buy when they released a product and haven't announced anything new. But as soon as they release something new, or when they release the product I sell.

janineaa
02-26-2014, 09:41 AM
I've always wanted to invest long term in the stock market, so I plan to listen to the advice that a mentor gave me. The first and basic rule is to buy low and sell high, meaning sometimes it is better to go against what everyone is doing. The next is to make sure you understand what stocks you purchase by getting information of different stocks and not just invest in one. Another is to be patient, to be growth and value oriented buyers, to do a lot of research such as reading up on Warren Buffett, to not be discouraged when there are losses, and of course to learn to adapt to the changing stock market.

DomDom
02-26-2014, 04:11 PM
Yep, now if only my damn crystal ball would tell me what those ten baggers are!
Actually I just invested into my first real growth company today... having mixed feelings but I think it will work out well. Just $1250 though, I want to keep the stakes low with these more risky types of investments.

Which company did you invest in ?

DarioEM
03-02-2014, 09:14 AM
I was going to invest in stocks last year and while doing research I found some really potential picks by using Warren Buffett's system of analyzing companies. I looked over 1,000 company profile statistics and out of all of those I found about 50 great ones. Even out of those 50 I was only going to pick one or two to fully invest.

If you;re going to invest in stocks for profit you'll need to do your due diligence, I recommend reading The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham, Warren Buffett still sees this book as his cause for success. When a billionaire recommends something you look into it because it must have merit.

Just before investing in stocks I found a company that I now invest full time with, currently earning about 30% interest. Although I still look at those business profiles from time to time, I'm just not sure if they'll pay me as much as I'm earning right now.

P.S. If you're a day trader, then good luck! Seriously. You're going to be paying a whole lot in taxes sooner or later.

DomDom
03-02-2014, 02:29 PM
I was going to invest in stocks last year and while doing research I found some really potential picks by using Warren Buffett's system of analyzing companies. I looked over 1,000 company profile statistics and out of all of those I found about 50 great ones. Even out of those 50 I was only going to pick one or two to fully invest.

If you;re going to invest in stocks for profit you'll need to do your due diligence, I recommend reading The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham, Warren Buffett still sees this book as his cause for success. When a billionaire recommends something you look into it because it must have merit.

Just before investing in stocks I found a company that I now invest full time with, currently earning about 30% interest. Although I still look at those business profiles from time to time, I'm just not sure if they'll pay me as much as I'm earning right now.

P.S. If you're a day trader, then good luck! Seriously. You're going to be paying a whole lot in taxes sooner or later.

It all depends on how good you are really. Day trading has more potential income than long term investing but also requires alot more skill and time!

crimsonghost747
03-02-2014, 02:59 PM
Which company did you invest in ?

Ubiquiti Networks.

crimsonghost747
03-03-2014, 03:19 AM
And all the indexes are going DOOOOWN. Thanks Russia.

pahagwl
03-03-2014, 02:13 PM

I can not possibly impress enough on the importance which due diligence holds in the world of investing. It is very essential that you extensively research about the companies you are thinking to invest into. At the end of the day, it is your knowledge of the stock market which is going to make you money. If you start following around tips without any research, you are almost bound to fail.

DomDom
03-04-2014, 04:09 PM
And all the indexes are going DOOOOWN. Thanks Russia.

I dont think Russia did a smart thing with this partial invasion. Their currency is flunking and the western democracies will surely try to stop their capital from invading the EU

crimsonghost747
03-04-2014, 05:10 PM
I dont think Russia did a smart thing with this partial invasion. Their currency is flunking and the western democracies will surely try to stop their capital from invading the EU

Well, Crimea is a very important strategic area for them, so I can see why they did it. As long as it's limited to that area, I can understand it. It certainly wasn't great for their reputation... then again it's Russia so their reputation really wasn't that great to begin with. We will see what happens in the next week or two. Personally I think they scared the living **** out of the Ukrainians and quite effectively stopped the riots.

dolly fsession
03-05-2014, 06:54 AM
I do it solo in my spare time, because it's a hobby of mine. I'll take 10% of my monthly earnings and invest it in stocks.

DomDom
03-05-2014, 02:19 PM
Well, Crimea is a very important strategic area for them, so I can see why they did it. As long as it's limited to that area, I can understand it. It certainly wasn't great for their reputation... then again it's Russia so their reputation really wasn't that great to begin with. We will see what happens in the next week or two. Personally I think they scared the living **** out of the Ukrainians and quite effectively stopped the riots.

I agree with you about the Ukrainians. I think nothing will actually come from this, the western powers wont interfere alot and Russia will slowly start to exit the country.

crimsonghost747
03-06-2014, 06:48 AM
I agree with you about the Ukrainians. I think nothing will actually come from this, the western powers wont interfere alot and Russia will slowly start to exit the country.

Most likely. Then again, the big guys in Crimea (apparently they have a certain level of autonomy) have voted and decided that they should be a part of Russia and not a part of Ukraine. Then again, this looks to me just like the rats trying to get out of a sinking ship. I agree about the west not interfering apart from the normal "hey Russia, you shouldn't do that. It's not nice." talk.

Well one thing is for sure, this did give a lot of movement into the markets.

DomDom
03-06-2014, 03:58 PM
Most likely. Then again, the big guys in Crimea (apparently they have a certain level of autonomy) have voted and decided that they should be a part of Russia and not a part of Ukraine. Then again, this looks to me just like the rats trying to get out of a sinking ship. I agree about the west not interfering apart from the normal "hey Russia, you shouldn't do that. It's not nice." talk.

Well one thing is for sure, this did give a lot of movement into the markets.

I hope no new economic crisis or world wars will come from this! I have to say I like the modern era life :D

crimsonghost747
03-08-2014, 06:58 AM
I hope no new economic crisis or world wars will come from this! I have to say I like the modern era life :D

I wouldn't mind a big dip on the stock market. The prices are so high now that it's hard to buy large amounts. I would love a sale! :D

DomDom
03-08-2014, 01:33 PM
I wouldn't mind a big dip on the stock market. The prices are so high now that it's hard to buy large amounts. I would love a sale! :D

Hahaha indeed! A dip is inevitable, soonero or later!

crimsonghost747
03-09-2014, 05:02 PM
Hahaha indeed! A dip is inevitable, soonero or later!

Well... I've been waiting for it since November! :D Still buying in small quantities though.

difrancprod
03-09-2014, 05:31 PM
This is a pretty wise move. Investing on stocks and waiting for your money to mature until you can withdraw them is a good idea. There are downsides though on stocks because they fluctuate. You have to be really careful on investing and make sure the company is established.

DomDom
03-10-2014, 04:50 PM
Well... I've been waiting for it since November! :D Still buying in small quantities though.

Have you ever invested in some asset play stocks ?

crimsonghost747
03-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Have you ever invested in some asset play stocks ?

Nope. As far as I know they are quite hard to find, especially in the current times when stock prices are high. I do know that some of the stocks which I own do have assets which are very much undervalued, but that is only a good thing. If they will ever correct those values.. I don't know but it could give a tiny boost if they choose to do it.

DomDom
03-12-2014, 03:47 PM
Nope. As far as I know they are quite hard to find, especially in the current times when stock prices are high. I do know that some of the stocks which I own do have assets which are very much undervalued, but that is only a good thing. If they will ever correct those values.. I don't know but it could give a tiny boost if they choose to do it.

Check out Hollywood media (HOLL). They have more cash in their bank than the value of the stocks in the company. I put a few dollars there :)

crimsonghost747
03-13-2014, 02:33 PM
Check out Hollywood media (HOLL). They have more cash in their bank than the value of the stocks in the company. I put a few dollars there :)

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hollywood-media-corp-reports-voluntary-120000827.html

DomDom
03-13-2014, 03:58 PM
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hollywood-media-corp-reports-voluntary-120000827.html

Oh snap, I havent been checking it regularly! Luckily the dollars I had in it were demo dollars! :D

crimsonghost747
03-18-2014, 03:01 PM
Yup, research is always necessary. I know that I don't keep up with all my companies as much as I should, then again with low risk, strong and global companies it's not really necessary to keep an eye on them 24/7.

DomDom
03-19-2014, 05:52 PM
Yup, research is always necessary. I know that I don't keep up with all my companies as much as I should, then again with low risk, strong and global companies it's not really necessary to keep an eye on them 24/7.

I believe you can really get good at the stocks but you probably need to keep at it for 10+ years with a couple of hours a day.

caparica007
03-20-2014, 04:13 AM
I think that the stock market it's the best investment there is, but that requires specialized knowledge and to be honest I don't have those. I have a colleague who has invested and she knows nothing about that, her logic was simply investing in good companies which stock values are low. I don't know if this will work or not...

crimsonghost747
03-20-2014, 04:16 AM
Well, there is no way to predict the future. Predicting what other people will do is possible though, so that certainly does help. But then again, every situation is different and people always react differently, nowadays it's especially hard since big companies have their owners spread all over the world and thus react differently.

useruseruser
03-23-2014, 11:56 AM
I'm interested but I don't have the capital to invest. I know the basic like "never invest more than you can afford to loose". I think I would enjoy watching the market and day trading but I'm sure its a very stressful thing to do. Are you involved in the stock market as a hobby or a way to make money?

DomDom
03-23-2014, 02:49 PM
I dont think anybody would be involved with the stock market if there wasnt any money being made! You should read up basic books to learn more, there is alot you can learn form basic books!

SteakTartare
03-23-2014, 07:09 PM
I used to invest in individual stocks. However, these days, particularly with the offerings from companies like Vanguard, I stick to mutual funds. There is a mutual fund to fit just about any goal at this point, it makes investing pretty easy. That and interest rates or so insanely low, its a waste of time to bother with CDs and the like these days.

nick87
03-23-2014, 07:35 PM
Before investing in a stock market I'd recommend to everyone to do a practice fake investments, follow how much you'd make or lose over time, etc. It saves you from making beginner's mistakes with real money.
By doing this I learned that I am not good at judging which stocks are good to invest in.

mikelouis
03-24-2014, 12:32 AM
Stock markets can not be predicted so it is about studying the markets and making some critical decisions when to buy and when to sell. If you can do that, then stock markets have a lot of money just passing around waiting for someone with the perfect skill to grab them.

pahagwl
03-24-2014, 12:59 AM
I have made some investments in the stock market but only stocks that I know are not a risk. I will probably invest some more money if I have to time to manage it properly. I don't link to have my money sitting somewhere and then after a few months check up on it, I want it to be active and I want to see the fluctuations everyday so see what the trend of the stock is.

The most important part about investing which people tend to not care about is tracking the progress your investments. It is very important that you keep track of your investments. This is due to the reason that stock market is anything but reliable. Stocks tend to fluctuate a lot, even the ones who are trusted. So, I would advise everybody to keep a watch on your investments.

DomDom
03-24-2014, 03:28 PM
Stock markets can not be predicted so it is about studying the markets and making some critical decisions when to buy and when to sell. If you can do that, then stock markets have a lot of money just passing around waiting for someone with the perfect skill to grab them.

Its true in theory but its really hard in real life. Everyone thinks about it like that and not many people can be the "winner".

crimsonghost747
03-24-2014, 05:32 PM
I used to invest in individual stocks. However, these days, particularly with the offerings from companies like Vanguard, I stick to mutual funds. There is a mutual fund to fit just about any goal at this point, it makes investing pretty easy. That and interest rates or so insanely low, its a waste of time to bother with CDs and the like these days.

Yes, mutual funds do tend to cover every imaginable area nowadays. But I'm one of those people who enjoys following the market and the different companies, so for me mutual funds are not ideal since they don't allow me full control. I hate it when someone else is investing my money.

pr0xx1d
03-24-2014, 06:12 PM
The stock market is one big gamble... Yes, you can predict trends and what not, but what happens at the end of the day is really up to chance. Ever hear of the investor that invested $1,000,000,000,000 into Lehman Brothers and it crashed 20 minutes later? Yup, it happens.

mramirsking
03-25-2014, 09:12 PM
I'm interested in FTSE ISAs offered by the banks, they seem like a relatively safe way to build up your money, with better returns than ordinary saving. The brokers take a huge cut so an ISA would save money. I would invest money in companies like Poundland, companies that sell cheap are going to be more recession proof.

DomDom
03-27-2014, 06:31 PM
Yes, mutual funds do tend to cover every imaginable area nowadays. But I'm one of those people who enjoys following the market and the different companies, so for me mutual funds are not ideal since they don't allow me full control. I hate it when someone else is investing my money.

I suggest Index funds to all those who are thinking about mutual funds, they are a better choice in my opinion!

crimsonghost747
03-28-2014, 05:27 AM
I suggest Index funds to all those who are thinking about mutual funds, they are a better choice in my opinion!

Yes and no. Index funds are good to have since they provide very good diversity. But at the same time you are very limited in your options and they obviously include companies which you may not want to own.

ursell
03-28-2014, 05:13 PM
I don't invest in the stock market because I don't know about the stock market but I always wanted to know in
hopes of making money in investing. Where would I start?

DomDom
03-28-2014, 05:33 PM
Yes and no. Index funds are good to have since they provide very good diversity. But at the same time you are very limited in your options and they obviously include companies which you may not want to own.

I would always pick an Index over mutual funds. The costs to get in are lower and you cant really track what your mutual fund will invest in. On the other hand Index funds rise as much as the Index and have low cost fees.

canoe
03-30-2014, 12:36 AM
There is nothing wrong with investing in 11 dividend paying companies. What I would tell you though, as would Warren Buffett, is don't invest in a company solely with the intention of feeding off its dividends. Only invest in a dividend paying company if that company is still worth investing after removing the dividend-paying factor. As you know, dividend rates always change and sometimes companies can stop paying out dividends after a board decision. Think of dividends as a bonus. Always focus on the underlying business fundamentals.

DomDom
03-30-2014, 05:32 PM
There is nothing wrong with investing in 11 dividend paying companies. What I would tell you though, as would Warren Buffett, is don't invest in a company solely with the intention of feeding off its dividends. Only invest in a dividend paying company if that company is still worth investing after removing the dividend-paying factor. As you know, dividend rates always change and sometimes companies can stop paying out dividends after a board decision. Think of dividends as a bonus. Always focus on the underlying business fundamentals.

Very good post, I agree with you! Is buffet your favorite investor ?

crimsonghost747
03-31-2014, 11:19 AM
I would always pick an Index over mutual funds. The costs to get in are lower and you cant really track what your mutual fund will invest in. On the other hand Index funds rise as much as the Index and have low cost fees.

Yes the costs are lower with index funds. They are a good option but you still shouldn't disregard other mutual funds, there are quite a few that have managed really well. And I believe they have a legal obligation to tell you which shares and how many of them make up the mutual fund. (this is country specific of course)

crimsonghost747
03-31-2014, 11:22 AM

Yes, dividends are just one form of paying out profit. I do base a lot of my decisions around the dividends, but that is to say that I look at the dividend amount now and in the past, the earnings now and in the past, the payout ratio, if the company is actively buying back it's own shares etc. Dividends are the only constant passive income that we earn from shares, but they are only useful if handing them out doesn't harm the company.

sweetkymom
03-31-2014, 08:02 PM
Investing in stocks can be good but only if you go into it with knowledge on what you're doing. I signed up for company shares at my job and had no clue on what exactly I was doing. When I went to go cash out my stocks, I spent more on fees than actual money from my stock.

yossup
04-01-2014, 10:15 AM
If you aren't a professional investor, you shouldn't trade. But you can choose to buy and hold a couple blue chip stocks that give out good dividends like coca cola or what not. Stocks are a good idea long term if you choose to play it safe. Just don't use emergency money or expect to get out of a hole through investing if that's not your forte.

crimsonghost747
04-02-2014, 03:52 AM
Investing in stocks can be good but only if you go into it with knowledge on what you're doing. I signed up for company shares at my job and had no clue on what exactly I was doing. When I went to go cash out my stocks, I spent more on fees than actual money from my stock.

Yup, one of the basic rules of investing: ALWAYS know what you are buying. If you don't, no matter how good it looks, stay away.

mramirsking
04-02-2014, 11:14 AM
I bought a book called the Naked Trader and it's quite interesting. He makes good money playing the stock market and maybe you can too. He looks at company reports and highlights good words with green and bad words with red and uses a traffic light system to work out if they are worth investing in. There are probably lots of other good books on the topic. But definitely do your research and don't just buy stocks from any company.

DomDom
04-03-2014, 04:25 PM
I think numbers are far more important than words in the balance sheet :D

mramirsking
04-04-2014, 08:47 PM
I would rather invest via an investment cash ISA, that way I know its safe with the bank and I dont have to pay commission to the broker. It is difficult to know which companies are going to thrive and which aren't, really it is a form of gambling. I would say that investing in the ftse 100 is a safer option because these are longstanding well known companies and should be immune from uncertainty. The ftse index always seems to be going up in quite a steady and predictable way.

wandering wildman
04-04-2014, 11:24 PM
You have to remember the stock market is a long term investment. Are you worried with the military crisis in Russia? I know Warren Buffet is making predictions of another crash. I would shy away for now. Wait and see what happens in Russia.

bizbroker241
07-10-2014, 04:04 AM
Dear Members,

We are always thinking about buying high quality, established internet businesses and websites. We pay in cash between $50,000 - $5,000,000 (After proper Due Diligence)

Fogged headlights we’re looking for:

1. Established Websites
We’re looking to buy established websites, not “turnkey” sites. We are looking for an userbase and/or
some reputation in the site’s niche.

2. Significant Traffic
We have been looking for websites with significant traffic in their sector.
GEO USA, UK, Europe, Russia and Australia

3. We like to Websites
With premium keyword domains, home-based, relocatable, 100% automatic, E-Commerce, Drop Shipping, Ad Sales, AdSense, Advertising, Affiliate, Amazon, App Sales, ClickBank, Commission Junction, CPA, Dropship, In-App Sales, Infolinks, Sales, Services, Subscription, Logo Maker, PDF Creator, etc.

4. We Are Not Looking to Buy.
- Internet sites with no organic search traffic
- Grown-up sites
“Me too” sites: proxies, arcades, etc.

Contact us for additional information and for a free valuation of your business!

BizBroker24.com
Website Broker and E-Business Mergers & Acquisitions
Phone: +1 (786) 350 1560

TheMiscRenMan
07-11-2014, 02:17 PM
I always thought that dividend stocks were a strong choice. If they are offering dividends then they seem to be more solid.

jenniferandrews39
07-16-2014, 11:00 PM
Hi

Please give me some tips how to invest in stock market and also let me know the limit how much money invest in Stock Market.

AvniShergill
07-18-2014, 07:36 AM
To invest in the stock market, one need to be always ready to bear profit as well as loss. One who has a complete and in-depth knowledge of the activities on the stock market can take a decision of investment on shares.

jenniferandrews39
07-21-2014, 12:41 AM
Hi Avni

Please let me know how much invest in the stock market.

jenniferandrews39
07-29-2014, 12:40 AM
Hello Avni

I am Waiting for your reply.Please guide me.

KennethPaxton
09-08-2014, 09:23 AM
Investing in the stock is really a great things to invest. But first find out each and every knowledge about stock market and then invest in the stock market. I don't think you may have to face any risk and difficulties to invest in stock market.

Grabowski
11-29-2014, 07:24 AM
Investing in the stock market can be a good option, but why don't you try internet based currency like panda coins, bit coins you can also invest with that also.

HassleFreeAdvances.com
03-09-2016, 11:18 AM
The best way is to try to tilt your portfolio. That is what mutual funds do. It allows you to get slightly higher returns than the average risk (beta) of stocks. I used to use Barra software to do this, but am not in the market right now.

Statistics have proven that short-term trading results in 40% of individual investors losing money. But statistics also prove that buy & hold is a great strategy.

And the average mutual fund also outperforms the average private investor.

eqibeat
10-06-2016, 01:44 AM
When one starts to invest in the market for the first time, it is always better to start with small amount and take the risks with money you are prepared to lose. As you become more adept at evaluating stocks, you can start making bigger investments in future. Be patient and calm for the better results. Be prepared for the loss as well. It's good to invest on your own and learn more about the markets.

phamtuanktdt
10-08-2016, 03:29 AM
Is it really profitable?

agrawalmadhuri154
11-28-2016, 12:01 AM
Nice thread post, would be very useful for the traders and investors in share and commodity market

alex_business2010
12-14-2016, 11:24 AM
CARLOS DIAZ Being a first generation son from El Salvador he was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. Growing up as part of the lower middle class, I had most of the basic necessities to survive, but lacked the luxuries that I desired. From my childhood I learned many lessons from my parents. I was raised with the belief that being your own businessman was the only way to create a great lifestyle. At the age of 19 however, my perspective changed dramatically due to the real estate crash of 2008.

www.syncis.com

Everything I knew, my family, home, and finances that I had relied on, was gone and I had to turn things around quickly. I experienced firsthand how important financial literacy was to creating and protecting my desired lifestyle. I realized during the crash, that I was meant to understand money and my journey to help others do the same began. After years of working and putting myself through college, I am now a proud CSUN graduate with a degree in Finance and Art.

www.teamelitezone.com

In 2013, I found Syncis in my life and it has helped me develop my passion further towards helping my family and others alike. My personal experiences allowed me to educate families while relating to them by simply teaching them how to make and save more money than they ever thought possible. I am truly blessed to be part of a company whose crusade is built upon trust and understanding.

https://www.facebook.com/SyncisSFV/?fref=ts

chaseadam
02-28-2017, 03:53 AM
is this possible to spend money in share market with having deep knowledge ?

uktam.mambrokerage
03-17-2017, 06:35 PM
Dear, Partner/Associate.

I am a mandate to a Finance and Investment Company who is a premier provider of trade finance and project finance instruments

as well as discountable bank instruments. We offer Genuine Bank Guarantees, Standby Letter of Credit, Pre Advice / RWA

Messages, Documentary Letters of Credit, Bank Draft, Proof of Funds, Performance Bond, Medium Term Notes, and various SWIFT

messaging services on lease and sale. We issue these instruments from prime banks, secondary banks, and financial

institutions; and transmit SWIFT MT 760, MT 799, MT199, MT999 and other messages on behalf of our clients.

We offer certifiable and verifiable bank instruments via Swift Transmission from a genuine provider capable of taking up time

bound transactions. Kindly contact for genuine inquiries and I can provider you with the needed information.

Email:uktam.mambrokerage@gmail.com

meysam_b
09-13-2017, 04:10 AM
for more information about different brokers you could check out the exhibitors list of finance trade fairs (https://www.digisilkroad.com/exhibition/search/sector/6/banking-finances-real-estate) around the world . check the international trade fairs and exhibitions related to the stock market .

Adrienne224
09-17-2017, 03:00 AM
Is it really profitable?

mohi11
09-19-2017, 02:48 AM
i agree with you, that's right.

WilliamCraig
12-09-2017, 12:35 PM
Key events are scheduled for the companies listed below next week.

Expected IPO filings: Adial Pharmaceutical (Pending:ADIL), Casa Systems (Pending:CASA) and Burger King Brasil on Dec. 14; Newmark Group (Pending:NMRK) on Dec. 15.

Star Wars: The timing for Disney 's (NYSE:DIS) The Last Jedi opening on Dec. 15 is promising amid the consumer spending bounce and with the MoviePass (NASDAQ:HMNY) model generating interest with millennials. Numbers to watch include the early box office forecast for a +$200M opening weekend and the $248M mark delivered by The Force Awakens in 2015. Theater chains AMC Entertainment (NYSE:AMC), Cinemark (NYSE:CNK), Regal Entertainment (NYSE:RGC), Marcus Corporation (NYSE:MCS) and IMAX (NYSE:IMAX) hope for a strong buzz factor into the weekend, while Hasbro (NASDAQ:HAS) eyes a Star Wars toys boom.

Bitcoin watch: Looking for Bitcoin exposure without having to deal with tokens, mining and eye-popping volatility? Fundstrat says potential Bitcoin/Blockchain equity plays include Bitcoin Investment Trust (OTCQX:GBTC), MGT Capital Investments (OTCQB:MGTI), HIVE Blockchain Technologies (OTCPK:PRELF), U.S. Global Investors (NASDAQ:GROW), DigitalX (OTC:DGGXF), Nvidia (NASDAQ:NVDA), AMD (NASDAQ:AMD), CME Group (NASDAQ:CME), CBOE Holdings (NASDAQ:CBOE), Overstock.com (NASDAQ:OSTK), Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS) and Square (NYSE:SQ).

Notable earnings reports: Salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM) on Dec. 11; Casey's General Stores (NASDAQ:CASY), VeriFone (NYSE:PAY) on Dec. 12; ABM Industries (NYSE:ABM) and Nordson (NASDAQ:NDSN) on Dec. 13; Costco (NASDAQ:COST), Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), Jabil (NYSE:JBL) and Adobe (NASDAQ:ADBE) on Dec. 14. See Seeking Alpha's Earnings Calendar for more.

Quiet period expirations: Retail upstart Stitch Fix (NASDAQ:SFIX) is up over 50% from where its IPO into its quiet period expiration on Dec. 12. Other names to watch include SendGrid (NYSE:SEND) and Arsanis (Pending:ASNS) on Dec. 11, along with Bluegreen Vacations (Pending:BXG), SailPoint Technologies (NYSE:SAIL) and Level Brands (NYSEMKT:LEVB) on Dec. 12.

IPO/secondary share lockup period expirations: Athenex (NASDAQ:ATNX) and Micron Technology (NASDAQ:MU) on Dec. 11; Portola Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:PTLA) and Adomani (NASDAQ:ADOM) on Dec. 12; Boston Omaha (OTCQX:BOMN), Interspace Diagnostics (NASDAQ:IDXG), Curis (NASDAQ:CRIS) and Workhorse (NASDAQ:WKHS) on Dec. 13; Acushnet (NASDAQ:GOLF) on Dec. 14; Genpact (NYSE:G) on Dec. 15.

Annual meetings: The headliner of the week is Deckers Outdoor (NASDAQ:DECK) on Dec. 14 amid the heated proxy fight between the retailer and Marcato Capital. Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO) and 1-800-Flowers.com (NASDAQ:FLWS) on Dec. 11, as well as United Natural Foods (NASDAQ:UNFI) on Dec. 13 are also on the calendar.
Sources: EDGAR, Bloomberg, Nasdaq.com, CNBC.

neilmith1315@seo
12-11-2017, 01:57 AM
The personal investment is incerse the profit but it is very risk metter so i personal suggestion please read the all doucument carefully

xotis@mail4-us.org
02-06-2018, 01:08 PM

jayfindling
02-19-2018, 11:38 PM
The necessary steps to buy stock that may help you:

Learn the basics.
Figure out your investment goals.
Determine your risk tolerance.
Find your investing style & strategy.
Learn the costs.
Find a broker/adviser.
Pick your investments.

jayfindling
02-19-2018, 11:41 PM
The necessary steps to buy stock that may help you:

Learn the basics.
Figure out your investment goals.
Determine your risk tolerance.
Find your investing style & strategy.
Learn the costs.
Find a broker/adviser.
Pick your investments.

futureassistau
03-07-2018, 11:37 PM
A person cannot go directly to the stock market to buy or sell shares. Buying and selling of stocks has to be done through brokers.

jani777
03-22-2018, 07:53 AM
Before going to invest firstly know the rules properly: If the demand for a stock or share is high, then its share prices increase. Whereas if the demand of a particular stock or share is low, then it's prices will fall. And when this happens there are a lot of investors who are willing to sell their shares or stocks and thus they increase the supply of stocks in the stock market which will drive its price even more low.

andrew2510
03-23-2018, 06:57 PM
I'm looking for another way to save because obviously, the savings account option isn't working for me. I need something that I can put money in and have no free will access to. Is there such a thing available?

KaraEKohler
03-26-2018, 06:59 AM
Contributing is an awesome method to profit go to work for you. It is something that numerous individuals ought to investigate and the more youthful you are, the better position you are in to influence a tolerable little home to egg for yourself for your brilliant years. It takes a ton of research, persistence and experimentation to make sense of what stocks and other speculation vehicles will net you the best return. The more unstable the venture vehicle, the more noteworthy shot for a decent return...but the more prominent the hazard for misfortune.

ayoubafandy
03-27-2018, 08:46 AM
I am also interested in investing in stocks

ieltscertifications
03-28-2018, 05:06 AM
Registered Ielts Certificate. All our certificates are registered at the British Council database system and you will be able to verify your belts online on the British council website.Get Genuine Registered IELTS Certificate Without Attending Exam. Contact Us Now ! Real Original Certificate · TOEFL CERTIFICATES · Good Pricing
Visit here ielts diploma (http://ieltscertificationsguru.com/)

jani777
03-28-2018, 05:44 AM
The dollar recovered slowly in Asia on Wednesday morning as the safe-haven yen retreated against the greenback on risk-on sentiment that gave other Asian currencies a lift.

jani777
03-29-2018, 02:20 AM
Goods exports rebounded in February as expected, but imports also picked up. Exports of industrial supplies, capital goods and autos increased moderately, while exports of consumer goods and foods, feeds & beverages declined. For imports, most categories showed a decent increase except for “other goods.” The advance report on wholesale inventories showed a strong 1.1% m-o-m increase in February and a 0.2pp upward revision to January’s inventory accumulation (to 1.0%). Retail inventories grew at a 0.4% m-o-m pace, a slightly deceleration from the 0.7% pick-up in the previous month.

TonyANewhall
03-29-2018, 05:11 AM
Contributing is a wonderful strategy to benefit go to work for you. It is something that various people should explore and the more energetic you are, the better position you are in to impact a middle of the road minimal home to egg for yourself for your splendid years. It takes a huge amount of research, ingenuity and experimentation to understand what stocks and other theory vehicles will net you the best return. The more precarious the wander vehicle, the more critical shot for a nice return...but the more conspicuous the danger for disaster.

Lansing
04-05-2018, 03:04 PM
I guess if you really know your way around stock markets then it's good to invest on it.

Perhaps work on a personal financial plan before you invest in the stock market?

www.lansingfinancialservices.com

Lansing
04-06-2018, 11:53 AM
Good morning. Consider having a financial plan drafted which would take into account:

a). your goals
b). age;
c). accumulated debt;
d). income
e). Investment Policy Statement
f). asset allocation
g). annual review

Lansing
04-06-2018, 11:54 AM
Good morning. Consider having a financial plan drafted which would take into account:

a). your goals
b). age;
c). accumulated debt;
d). income
e). Investment Policy Statement
f). asset allocation
g). annual review

ayoubafandy
04-10-2018, 06:25 AM
there are 50 stocks to keep an eye on in 2018 bloomberg (https://www.bloomberg.com/features/companies-to-watch-2018/)

livechat
07-10-2018, 05:32 AM
Looking for the chat plugin for website? Trust the best to boost your customer support efforts. LiveChatInc - The fastest way to help your customers.

Delliar
08-01-2018, 06:50 AM
I prefer investing in cryptocurrency, I think it's one of the profitable ways. Its high risk and high return investment would more say that you need to be a smart trader. A smart trader always is well informed. By the way, I recommend you this website https://www.crosslytics.com/featured/chinese-crypto-a8dcddff/

The Boss Life
08-02-2018, 03:58 PM
I don't have any strategies outside what I've read from "A Walk Along Wallstreet."

I haven't started investing yet, but interested. How are you doing with it?

piterconsul
08-20-2018, 10:51 AM
The brokers take a huge cut so an ISA would save money.

Trueman
08-21-2018, 09:25 AM
There are a lot of trading techniques. If you want to make profit on crypto, I've made website with arbitrage monitoring panel: https://blockchainmuffin.com/arbitrage

amitgoyal
08-30-2018, 03:09 AM
New investors are always finding a way to go for the online stock market to earn profitable success. The first and foremost things are learning the basic of online commodity trading to access multiple sources easily. https://www.gillbroking.com

rosstaylor
09-07-2018, 12:49 AM
In most cases, every time you purchase an investment, it will cost you money (through commissions). With a limited amount of funds, these transaction fees can really put a dent on your $1,000. Investing in stocks can be very costly if you trade constantly, especially with a minimum amount of money available to invest

hydroliclzsuprnzxcssz
09-14-2018, 06:48 AM
investing is a brilliant manner to make your cash go to be just right for you. it's miles some thing that many human beings have to explore and the more youthful you're, the better role you are in to make a first rate little nest egg for yourself to your golden years. It takes a variety of studies, staying power and trial and blunders to figure out what shares and other investment automobiles will net you the finest return. The more volatile the investment automobile, the more threat for a terrific return...however the greater the danger for loss.

hydroliclzsuprnzxcssszs
09-14-2018, 07:29 AM
whilst you take part within the inventory market you need to recognize that apart from researching approximately the high-quality companies to spend money on, your monetary goals, understanding the dangers surrounding your investments and its technicalities, inventory marketplace is likewise approximately the psychology of the stakeholders. after I determined to take part, i have devoted a while to study commercial enterprise news within the morning and constantly mastering about the technical evaluation to enhance my expertise approximately the stock market.The handiest approach that i have known to this point is the value averaging approach.
los angeles pain specialist|iv therapy irvine|pain management specialist irvine ca|irvine pain management specialist|Dr badday pain management |Irvine Pain Management Specialist|los angeles pain specialist (https://www.drhasanbaddaymd.com/)

hydroliclzsuprxxsz
09-14-2018, 07:51 AM
As a rule, each time you buy a speculation, it will cost you cash (through commissions). With a restricted measure of assets, these exchange charges can truly put a mark on your $1,000. Putting resources into stocks can be exorbitant in the event that you exchange always, particularly with a base measure of cash accessible to contribute.

Chebacco32
09-19-2018, 11:11 AM
I hope that your guidelines and true and useful.
I have invested in stock market when I was in my college and I think that this was a very big task and need a lot of experiment and research for getting successful in this market.

Ouagadougou
10-25-2018, 07:24 PM
If you are new to this my advice is to learn before investing or just invest into Index funds and leave the money

Eisenhower81
11-27-2018, 04:28 AM
I do it solo in my spare time, because it's a hobby of mine. I'll take 10% of my monthly earnings and invest it in stocks.

Joshua996
11-27-2018, 08:51 AM
Can anyone guide me a bit on how to keep eyes on the companies?
Like if you are familiar with the Limitless movie, that dudes read profiles of companies and then made a choice.
How can I start it all. I am student with a wild entrepreneurship desire.

Dilan
12-05-2018, 06:14 AM
I do not think it's a good idea to ask for such advice on the forum. This is a very serious question and it is better to turn to professionals who can explain all the advantages and disadvantages of investing your money in certain areas. In general, before investing your funds, you need to learn how to create and grow your business. This team can help you with this. They can help learn, understand and emulate the habits of succesful financiers and investors. https://www.sharptrader.com/course/an-introduction-to-financial-markets/ Good luck

TinaNamdev
12-17-2018, 01:41 AM
you the greatest return. The more volatile the investment vehicle, the greater chance for a good return...but the greater the risk for loss.

Oleg Totyanik
04-03-2019, 07:39 AM
"If you feeling lost.
You need the help of a psychiatrist.I can advise a good private clinic.
my good friend invests it - Timur Artemev (https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/business/why-are-a-back-to-the-future-hoverboard-and-delorean-being-used-to-protest-outside-parliament-701639.html)"

vasuma
04-03-2019, 08:48 AM
Yes, I will do at my free time. I invest 20 percent of my earnings to share. I own 5 shares. I faced both the positive and negative face. I analysed daily changes in shares. Now i know somewhat about share market.

sharajone
04-25-2019, 12:37 AM
If you want to learn how to invest in stocks, start with a proven strategy for investing in the stock market for beginners.

abbasrizvi918
04-27-2019, 01:10 AM
Stocks are best. If only I had a big capital. I tried to involve in stocks but the profit I generate is in fractions. If you are willing to invest a decent amount you can get a decent passive income. That's what I learned of it. It's addictive tho

Gynno
05-02-2019, 06:14 AM
I've read about some guy's strategy over stocks investing right in this article: https://blog.s-pro.io/invest-money-business-become-millionaire/. Long story short, he has reduced all the wasteful spending and till the age of 28 has managed to save $250k. With the lowest stock market interest, he expects to earn over $1,5 mln by 60 years old without ever adding a penny to that sum. Inspiring, right?

karizma
08-15-2019, 01:46 AM
Friends, after expanding the business, he wanted to try himself in something new. The possibilities are really endless now, especially in the era of technology. I want to learn how to trade stocks professionally. https://thinkmobiles.com/blog/best-stock-trading-apps/ I found a list of stock trading apps on this site. While I'm at the initial stage of my new hobby, please tell me which program from the list should a beginner choose for an optimal result.

storm_trooper
08-19-2019, 06:30 PM
I think I know your strategy. I am the crypto and stocks trader. I use a lot of strategies from the one web-site,that earned the trust. There is information about How M1 Finance Works,Pros,Cons and a lot of other information,that can help such people like your friend. If you are interested in it,then check the M1 Finance review (https://daytradereview.com/m1finance-review/).

Lmaomen1
08-20-2019, 02:17 PM
I think I know your strategy. I am the crypto and stocks trader. I use a lot of strategies from the one web-site,that earned the trust. There is information about How M1 Finance Works,Pros,Cons and a lot of other information,that can help such people like your friend. If you are interested in it,then check the M1 Finance review (https://daytradereview.com/m1finance-review/).
hmm, I will check your site.

Lmaomen1
08-20-2019, 02:18 PM
I have been an accountant for 7 years. I really like this profession, it's an interesting one. There is always something new and there are opportunities for career growth. I never thought I would be part of the CPA. I heard it's a pretty good organization. Finally, accounting is a universal profession that helps you in life. Figures often helped me win poker. I know this sounds weird, but it is. The logic I developed in accounting, I apply in poker. Even the days I had poker deposit hit 10,000 (https://score88poker.bid/news.php?id=473).

Helen777
10-28-2019, 02:07 PM
I've been using cryptocurrency for more than two years, and I know that trading requires skills. I was lucky to find a list of trading tools that ease the process https://cryptolinks.com/cryptocurrency-trading-tools. As for the stock market, I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to. So, thanks for sharing your experience and useful links, guys!

raviseo1
10-29-2019, 12:07 PM
http://www.drdeepashuneurosurgeon.in/blog/spine-surgery-surgeon-in-punjab-haryana/
http://www.drdeepashuneurosurgeon.in/blog/spine-surgeon-specialist-in-punjab-haryana/
http://www.drdeepashuneurosurgeon.in/blog/back-ache-paralysis-treatment-in-punjab-haryana/
http://www.drdeepashuneurosurgeon.in/blog/cervical-disc-pain-treatment-in-punjab-haryana/
http://www.drdeepashuneurosurgeon.in/blog/brain-tumor-treatment-in-jalandhar-punjab-haryana/
http://www.drdeepashuneurosurgeon.in/blog/head-pain-treatment-in-punjab-haryana/
http://www.drdeepashuneurosurgeon.in/blog/back-ache-treatment-in-jalandhar-haryana/
http://www.drdeepashuneurosurgeon.in/blog/spine-neuro-surgery-hospital-in-jalandhar-himachal-jammu-kashmir/
http://www.drdeepashuneurosurgeon.in/blog/best-spine-specialist-doctor-in-punjab-haryana/
http://www.drdeepashuneurosurgeon.in/blog/neurosurgeon-spine-pain-tumor-in-punjab-haryana/
http://www.drdeepashuneurosurgeon.in

raviseo1
10-30-2019, 12:33 PM
Thanks for sharing with us
http://www.drdeepashuneurosurgeon.in/blog/spine-surgery-surgeon-in-punjab-haryana/
http://www.drdeepashuneurosurgeon.in/blog/spine-surgeon-specialist-in-punjab-haryana/
http://www.drdeepashuneurosurgeon.in/blog/back-ache-paralysis-treatment-in-punjab-haryana/
http://www.drdeepashuneurosurgeon.in/blog/cervical-disc-pain-treatment-in-punjab-haryana/
http://www.drdeepashuneurosurgeon.in/blog/brain-tumor-treatment-in-jalandhar-punjab-haryana/
http://www.drdeepashuneurosurgeon.in/blog/head-pain-treatment-in-punjab-haryana/
http://www.drdeepashuneurosurgeon.in/blog/back-ache-treatment-in-jalandhar-haryana/
http://www.drdeepashuneurosurgeon.in/blog/spine-neuro-surgery-hospital-in-jalandhar-himachal-jammu-kashmir/
http://www.drdeepashuneurosurgeon.in/blog/best-spine-specialist-doctor-in-punjab-haryana/
http://www.drdeepashuneurosurgeon.in/blog/neurosurgeon-spine-pain-tumor-in-punjab-haryana/
http://www.drdeepashuneurosurgeon.in

RoyFollman
02-08-2020, 06:22 AM
I have been an accountant for 7 years. I really like this profession, it's an interesting one. There is always something new and there are opportunities for career growth. I never thought I would be part of the CPA. I heard it's a pretty good organization. Finally, accounting is a universal profession that helps you in life. Figures often helped me win poker. I know this sounds weird, but it is. The logic I developed in accounting, I apply in poker. Even the days I had poker deposit hit 10,000 (https://score88poker.bid/news.php?id=472).

maryjfriedman
02-27-2020, 01:32 AM
Yes, the Stock Market is the best for investing but first you can increase your knowledge and then invest.

Brownii
03-06-2020, 02:00 PM
In my opinion, such investing is very risky and it is doomed to fail. So, I don't know what these investors think about. From my point of view, playing poker99 (https://www.log8899.link/) is even less risky. I can't say for sure but when I played this game, it was pretty easy to win. I think most people have the same experience.

jacksonsamy2
10-16-2020, 01:58 AM
Determine Your Goals.
Put Some Money to the Side.
Open a Retirement Account.
Start Investing with a Low-Cost Online Service.
Begin with Mutual Funds or Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
Stay with Index Funds.
Use Dollar-Cost Averaging.
Get Some Investment Education.

JohnSparks
10-20-2020, 09:41 AM
I guess if you really know your way around stock markets then it's good to invest on it. But if it's your first time, I won't hold my breath on it. It takes a while to study the rates and the flow of money in stocks. Also, you have to understand that all jurisdictial questions should be controlled by eligible experts. As an example, the opening of foreign bank account. I can recommend you this company (https://www.advancedconsulting.cy/knowledge-base/best-15-countries-to-open-offshore-bank-account/) , that has high rate of finding secure banks and than helping with creation of it. You have to understand that It's like gambling if you don't know the business inside it because all you would do is guess. it's also best to have a financial adviser to give you tips before you place your money on just about any stock.

Completely agree with this statemant. I guess if you are not aware of inner system of the business than it becomes a waste of money and time. You have to have all knowledge about the deal. Othervise it can become a sad experience.

raviseo120
10-24-2020, 11:40 AM
thanks for sharing with us

homan
10-26-2020, 06:40 AM
I'm not sure if this is a good investment overall, but I think it could take anyone to the next level https://superforex.com . By the way, they have many ways to deposit and withdraw money - no commission from their company. This is a very big plus. They have six bonuses to choose from - they allow you to increase the number of funds for trading. Can you imagine?

raviseo120
10-26-2020, 11:56 AM

Muthuraj
10-27-2020, 02:25 AM
If you plan to invest in the share market then you can take help from top share brokers in India. They guide you on how to invest, where to invest, and long term and share term investment strategies. It is a much better option for share market investments.

raviseo120
10-30-2020, 11:45 AM

moverdubai12
11-04-2020, 11:42 PM
Steps

Choose how you need to put resources into stocks.

Open a contributing record.

Know the distinction among stocks and stock shared assets.

Set a spending plan for your corporate security.

Zero in on the long haul.

Deal with your stock portfolio.

FAQs about how to put resources into stocks.

moverdubai12
11-05-2020, 12:22 AM
Steps

Open a contributing record.

Know the contrast among stocks and stock common assets.

Set a spending plan for your corporate security.

PeterHicks
11-05-2020, 06:59 AM
Hello. Nowadays there are so much different variants to invest in, so I agree that it is not so simple to find really good possibilities. For example I recently read about trading Bitcoin futures (https://digitexfutures.com/), it can bring very good profit! Digitex platform provides a lot of possibilities and zero fees! I think this option worth attention. What can you say?

raviseo120
11-05-2020, 10:44 AM

ExpertAlex
11-22-2020, 06:17 AM
The stocks today (https://stockwithit.com/) is a place where stocks, bonds and all kinds of financial instruments are sold. Stock markets now operate mostly in an electronic, virtual format. There are large halls with scoreboards and noisy brokers, but this is more of a “departing nature”.

ExpertAlex
11-22-2020, 06:18 AM
The stocks today (https://stockwithit.com/) is a place where stocks, bonds and all kinds of financial instruments are sold. Stock markets now operate mostly in an electronic, virtual format. There are large halls with scoreboards and noisy brokers, but this is more of a “departing nature”.

moverdubai12
11-23-2020, 03:38 AM
Choose how you need to invest in stocks.

Pick an investing account.

Set a financial plan for your corporate share.

FAQs about how to invest in stocks.

raviseo121
11-23-2020, 09:19 AM

moverdubai12
11-26-2020, 01:37 AM

Pick a contributing record.

Set a financial plan for your corporate share.

TomSands
01-06-2021, 03:49 PM
Hello guys! What to invest to in 2020? I don't really think that stocks are the right thing to invest in now. Forex market is much better and alive now. There are a lot of people trading now, and why shouldn't you start to trade too? My problem is that I need to learn what to really do, and how to make smart trades. I am subscribed to forexkings.com (https://forexkings.com), and they have sent me some updates, and recommendations on what to invest to. It's great for newbies like me, but I still need to learn more, and be patient. My impatience has cost me some money, but I will try to be better at controlling it.

kooilsai
01-20-2021, 08:25 AM
If you have free money to invest, you can think of forex trading. You may visit the Moft (https://tradersunion.com/) Forex website to see the trading conditions. Take enough time to study how the trading works. Sometimes, you can get very good profits with really minimum investments. But to achieve it, you need to study a lot. Without preparation, you risk to lose all your finances.

raviseo120
01-20-2021, 10:55 AM

Lirena
03-04-2021, 03:20 PM
Premium themes for the websites of the cosmetics and perfumery stores are ready to be launched on the Internet with a few clicks. Their Store shopify theme for cosmetics https://www.templatemonster.com/category/cosmetics-store-shopify-themes/ are the embodiment of a harmonious fresh style and a smart functionality to get your business to a new level. They implement the maximum possibilities of a commercial project. Super easy to customize and use product images, design styles, and other features.

raviseo121
03-04-2021, 10:54 PM

Almond Smith
03-16-2021, 09:17 AM
Investing in the stock market depends on how you take risks. You should always do research for particular stocks. I would suggest contacting investment experts for proper guidance because they have detailed knowledge and research base results. One of my friends wanted to do inventing on the Cayman Islands (https://www.ifp.ky/about-financial-and-investment-advisor-in-cayman-islands), and he contacted some International Financial Planning company over there. They guided him very well and right now he is getting good returns.

indiratrade
03-21-2021, 10:08 PM
Indira Securities secure login for Online market trading (https://www.indiratrade.com/trade-online) and portfolio management, Web-based & App-based for investors and traders. This is one of the good place.

indiratrade
03-21-2021, 10:09 PM
Watch currency market live (https://www.indiratrade.com/currency) news on Indira securities website. Get live foreign exchange rates, forex News, foreign currency rates etc.

indiratrade
03-21-2021, 10:13 PM
Comprehensive brokerage calculato (https://www.indiratrade.com/tools/brokerage-calculator)r to calculate how much brokerage, STT, tax etc. you have to pay on all your trades across NSE, BSE, MCX, MCX-SX.

lishmaliny
05-04-2021, 10:16 AM
Before investing in the stock market, new investors should understand how the stock market came to be, and how a company issues stock on the market.

shunny0007
05-18-2021, 01:00 AM
Investing is a great way to make money. This is something many people need to know, and as you age, your eggs can turn into a golden age. It takes a lot of research, patience, and trial and error to determine which stock or other investment vehicle is the most profitable. The greater the volatility of the investment vehicle, the greater the chances for a good return, but the greater the risk of loss.

Invoice Customization (https://cevious.com/invoice-customization/) |Tally Invoice Customization (https://cevious.com/invoice-customization/)

nadiasonii
05-19-2021, 04:20 AM
I also want to invest in stock market