PDA

View Full Version : Textbroker

wahmbrenda
01-28-2014, 05:27 PM
I've seen this site mentioned on here a few times. I actually wrote for them many years ago and had great luck with them. However, recently there's been a lot of down talk about them. In fact, someone even mentioned they're filing for bankruptcy. Has anyone else heard this?

nowicki2013
01-29-2014, 09:49 AM
I also write for Textbroker and I haven't heard anything bad about them. I've always been paid on time and every time. I'm very happy with them and besides the Yahoo! Contributor Network, they are my top earner for writing articles online. I hope they don't go bankrupt since they've been around so long ad are so reliable. There are too many fly by night sites who end up closing down and never paying anyone these days.

delusional
01-30-2014, 01:40 AM
Can anyone provide some more information about TextBroker? For example how long the articles have to be, what the pay is, requirements, ...
I would love to have a way of earning some extra cash.

Rainman
01-30-2014, 01:59 AM
Delusional,
Textbroker is a content mill. They accept writers from any English speaking country. One you register, you'll have to write a sample article which their editors will review and rate. At this time you get assigned a writing level: 2, 3,4 or 5. The higher the rating, the better you get paid. The initial rating you get determines how much you earn per word.

The length of the articles varies from client to client so while some may require 500 word articles, others may need longer articles.

If you wish to proceed:

http://textbroker.com

p.s I think the rumors about textbroker going bankrupt are false.

crimsonghost747
01-30-2014, 02:36 AM
Tried it but didn't like it that much. Good luck with it if you choose to try, I can't remember what the pay was like but at the time I determined it was not enough for me to keep on writing.

fredkawig
01-30-2014, 06:16 AM
Delusional,
Textbroker is a content mill. They accept writers from any English speaking country. One you register, you'll have to write a sample article which their editors will review and rate. At this time you get assigned a writing level: 2, 3,4 or 5. The higher the rating, the better you get paid. The initial rating you get determines how much you earn per word.

The length of the articles varies from client to client so while some may require 500 word articles, others may need longer articles.

If you wish to proceed:

http://textbroker.com

p.s I think the rumors about textbroker going bankrupt are false.

Textbroker is not available outside the US except some Northern Hemisphere countries. Here is the FAQ:

Can I work as an author for Textbroker even though I'm not a US citizen?

Unfortunately, due to U.S. tax regulations, we can only employ U.S. citizens and residents as freelancers at this time.
However, our sister site, http://www.textbroker.co.uk, accepts English writers from the UK, New Zealand, Australia, Canada and the Republic of Ireland. Please review the information at textbroker.co.uk and consider registering there.
If you are a U.S. citizen abroad, please sign up for textbroker.com and send us a scanned copy of your U.S. ID.

wahmbrenda
01-30-2014, 11:29 AM
I wrote for TB a long time ago, which is why I was surprised to hear that rumor. Thing is, they haven't had much work unless you're a L5 lately and I don't have that even though I did freelance writing for 10 years. I'm currently taking a break from writing but still have my ears out because I want to keep in the know in case I choose to go back in the future.

LindaKay
01-30-2014, 11:49 AM
I make a very comfortable income from Textbroker. I am a level five writer, but I just got promoted in October. Before that, I was an L4 for two years. Things have been slow around there lately, but for the most part, it's a good site. I sometimes make $1300 or $1400 a week there.

blaze4545
01-30-2014, 11:51 AM
I would not doubt the rumours of bankruptcy. Sites like Textbroker are a dime a dozen. Obviously writers like us will look for the best site to write contents for. This can mean the highest payout per article or simply an easy to understand and user friendly site. I enjoyed using the website when I was heavy into writing articles a while back. Eventually I moved on to other content websites that I liked better and ditched Textbroker. If you like it, then stick with it. Just be careful about leaving money in your account too long before requesting a payment.

theshaynee
01-30-2014, 12:12 PM
I've heard a great deal about this company. But nothing bad so far.
I have tried several projects with eLance. It's pretty good and I made decent money but it takes so long to find something. And I'm not willing to spend that much time on one small job.
Textbroker seems legitimate and if it has been around this long maybe there's something to it.

oxpaulo
01-30-2014, 06:32 PM
They are a reputable company and they do pay. It's all about your initial rating based on the sample you send them. If you get a high rating initially it is worth it, but if you get an average rating it's hard to find work.

Bizwiz1011
02-01-2014, 12:01 AM
Textbroker is an excellent site to work for. Just build up a good enough resume and samples of your works, and orders for you will start to come in.

delusional
02-01-2014, 06:27 AM
I'll give the site a try. Does anyone have tips for writing the first article? What should I pay attention to?

tspires2
02-01-2014, 11:50 AM
I agree about Textbroker! I use the site and love it! You can make money on the site and they do pay! I check the site daily and always find work! It is one of my favorites sites to work!

wahmbrenda
02-01-2014, 12:05 PM
I agree that they do pay but even there I'd heard it said that they've been struggling as of late. I'm just asking because I wanted to know what's up. I can't work at writing sites right now but that doesn't mean I don't want to keep updated on what's going on.

mikelouis
02-03-2014, 03:29 AM
I have tried to write for it and the overall experience was good. I got paid on time and the clients provide good instructions. Unlike other content mills where the clients are stubborn and arrogant. Such sites include iwriter which has been a complete frustration for me.

mikelouis
02-06-2014, 09:22 AM
Currently I am a writer at textbroker and I do not have any issues with them so far. It is just that sometimes there is no work and you have to wait for clients to post. It is just like any other content mill.

shaunroller
02-07-2014, 02:14 PM
I'm not from US, so I can't try out the real thing. I'm registered at Textbroker UK, but every time I try to login, there's a huge lack of orders.

(I'm not sure if they are the same thing, database-wise.)

I simply can't even get a chance to write an article. But otherwise people are saying Textbroker and Iwriter are the best places for article writing freelancers.

rijndael
02-07-2014, 03:59 PM
I haven't heard anything bad about them either. I personally don't use them but have many friends that supplement their day jobs by using textbroker. I have tried other writing sites and haven't really been able to make a steady income with them.

Jordan989
02-07-2014, 04:55 PM
I signed up for Textbroker in April 2013 and got rated a 4, but then I started working 60 hours a week and didn't have the time to write anything for Textbroker. I just logged into it again yesterday and noticed that there don't seem to be as many articles available to write as I remember there being last year, but I still might give it a try. Are there other similar sites that are more popular?

wahmbrenda
02-08-2014, 10:22 AM
I signed up for Textbroker in April 2013 and got rated a 4, but then I started working 60 hours a week and didn't have the time to write anything for Textbroker. I just logged into it again yesterday and noticed that there don't seem to be as many articles available to write as I remember there being last year, but I still might give it a try. Are there other similar sites that are more popular?

This is exactly what I mean... They seem to have less and less articles every time I look too. There really aren't any other content sites that I know of that offer much work. There's TheContentAuthority.com but they seem to be having a lack of work too. I think that content mills have run their course, work has dried up and now you almost have to be willing to take on private clients, which brings with it a huge lot of irritations and inconveniences, which is why I don't do it.

her27
02-09-2014, 04:51 PM
I've written for textbroker previously and I like the work, except there didn't seem to be as much of a diversity of articles as there was when I had written for them before. I know it pays to check back in with them frequently though, since this can change at any time. I hadn't heard about them possibly going bankrupt however, and I hope that's not the case for them. I think textbroker is a great way for new writer's to break into the field. I've looked at information and signed up for Yahoo contributor, but I haven't completed everything that I need too in order to get started writing for Yahoo so I need to get on that one. I haven't looked into eLance, which sounds like it might be a nice site, as well.

t0rnad0
02-13-2014, 11:39 AM
I'm signed up with Textbroker UK and was assigned a level 3. There's rarely any work available for people under level 4 so I've pretty much given up on the site. I've made more money selling my writing on Fiverr.

jfab
02-16-2014, 05:36 AM
I actually applied there too but I haven't gotten any rates yet or feedback. How long does it usually take? I think it's been 2 weeks since I have my application with them.

gadgetised
02-18-2014, 12:36 AM
How annoying. I went to sign up and then realised they only accept US authors. Always getting jipped in Australia! Looks like a useful site.

DonnaIReilly
02-18-2014, 03:42 PM
I really don't like Textbroker. I write for Scripted and Constant Content. Plus I have my own writing business. I think Textbroker is legit but you have to write a hell of a lot for pennies. You might as well put a gig on Fiverr or on my Micro Job Site, Jobsforfiveeuros.com, its the same sort of thing as Fiverr but we pay in Euro's.

natbynik
02-19-2014, 12:41 PM
I write articles through TextBroker, and I haven't heard anything about bankruptcy. I always get paid on time. I have tried other article writing sites, and I feel TextBroker is one of the best, in regards to turnaround time and pay. I have had great luck grabbing a few $20-$40 articles lately.

Taru
02-19-2014, 09:44 PM
I've researched this site a bit before and from the comments I've seen, they do seem to be a good source of income for writers and they seem to be very legitimate. I don't think it's available to international residents, though, and I think they are only offering their positions to U.S. residents. Also, from some of the comments I've seen, they seem to be pretty strict with their standards, especially with punctuation, so it might be best to get that down before trying out for their test since your rank could mean a big difference for your earning capacity.

VivaLa
02-20-2014, 08:04 AM
How annoying. I went to sign up and then realised they only accept US authors. Always getting jipped in Australia! Looks like a useful site.

You can use textbroker.co.uk as an Australian. A lot more countries are accepted there.

I've been struggling for work recently. Doesn't seem to be much around so my income from it is much reduced. There was a time I was writing 4 or 5 articles a day, now I'm lucky to do that in a week.

mameeker@cuse
02-21-2014, 01:36 PM
They are definitely not going out of business. They were one of the first websites to pay people to write articles like this. If there is truth in this rumor someone will buy the company out and no one will know if it ever even switched hands.

samm1973
02-21-2014, 07:13 PM
The only problem I've had with Textbroker is a customer who just refused everything I sent. I followed the revisions they asked for to the T, but they'd find something new they didn't like. Assignments have been a little slow, but I'm only a level 3. I'm hoping to get bumped to a 4 soon. I was curious how often that happens as I've only had two rating from them. I do like that the assignments vary quite a bit. I haven't earned a lot yet, but I haven't been writing very long or very voraciously.

apexa1
02-22-2014, 12:45 AM
The only problem I've had with Textbroker is a customer who just refused everything I sent. I followed the revisions they asked for to the T, but they'd find something new they didn't like. Assignments have been a little slow, but I'm only a level 3. I'm hoping to get bumped to a 4 soon. I was curious how often that happens as I've only had two rating from them. I do like that the assignments vary quite a bit. I haven't earned a lot yet, but I haven't been writing very long or very voraciously.

you could always message them to see if they could rate you.

mdmahoon
10-14-2019, 07:23 AM
Regardless of whether you need blog entries, item portrayals or whole effort battles, Textbroker gives custom, great substance to accommodate your next venture.

TangelThor
07-21-2020, 01:40 AM
Textbroker only hires US writers while The Content Authority will accept people worldwide provided they can get paid by Paypal and have a good understanding of the English language. Payments are also made weekly here every Saturday.

FarrukhBukhari1
07-23-2020, 02:02 AM
Whether you need blog posts, product descriptions or entire outreach campaigns, Textbroker provides custom, high-quality content to fit your next project.

itznehamali
07-23-2020, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the discussion. For the first time I heard about it.