PDA

View Full Version : Good motivational books

DomDom
01-29-2014, 09:17 AM
Hey guys, have you read any books that helped you on your financial freedom path? :D
Post here if you have something to add, Ill start!

Rich Dad, Poor dad, Robert Kiyosaki - great book which motivates you and gives you some basic understanding on finance

DomDom
02-01-2014, 12:50 PM
Another good read I think you should read Felix Dennis - How to get Rich.

The book is pretty good and gives you some insights and also a rich mans path to the riches! :)
Very motivating if you are starting out!

TaraC
02-01-2014, 07:24 PM
"Secrets of the Millionaire Mind" by T.Harv Eker is the main book that changed my thinking about money and achieving success. I also attended a three day workshop by the author. It was fantastic.

A few other books that influenced me are "The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth" and "Cash in a Flash" by Mark Victor Hansen and Robert Allen.

Auror
02-02-2014, 07:58 AM
Hey guys, have you read any books that helped you on your financial freedom path? :D

Rich Dad, Poor dad, Robert Kiyosaki - great book which motivates you and gives you some basic understanding on finance

Yep, Rich Dad, Poor Dad is a good choice especially for beginners in the world of business and investing. It does not teach any technicalities when it comes to making money but it does a great job in making you want to start your own business or invest some cash in order to become financially free and be able to get off the clutches of your employer.

Also, try The Business of Belief. It's a good read.

Taru
02-02-2014, 08:45 AM
I agree with Auror. Mr. Kiyosaki's books are great to start with and like Domdom said, it makes for great motivation since a good amount of his books are stories, so it's an interesting read all throughout. Also, it makes the lessons easy to understand at the same time. On that note, another similarly written book of his "Why We Want You To Be Rich" which he co-wrote with Donald Trump is the one I'd recommend most, I remember having so much fun reading that book.

DomDom
02-02-2014, 02:15 PM
"Secrets of the Millionaire Mind" by T.Harv Eker is the main book that changed my thinking about money and achieving success. I also attended a three day workshop by the author. It was fantastic.

A few other books that influenced me are "The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth" and "Cash in a Flash" by Mark Victor Hansen and Robert Allen.

How did the workshop influence you, what were your results after it ?

Thanks for the books guys, ill add them to my must-reads!

gHiros
02-02-2014, 03:07 PM

Hey DomDom, I'm still on the journey to financial freedom, but here are some books that have inspired me ...

- "Contagious" by Jonah Berger (a great book on viral marketing)

- "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill (not quite finished reading it, but it works on your business success mindset)

jubvman
02-02-2014, 04:07 PM
Some books I would recommend (I know some have been mentioned above but I would like to vouch for those books as they've helped me tremendously) :

--- 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' by Robert Kiyosaki
--- 'How to Win Friends and Influence People' by Dale Carnegie
--- '48 Laws of Power' by Robert Greene

There's more but can't quite remember them right now.

owesem75
02-02-2014, 04:13 PM
Apart from the Rich Dad, Poor Dad, I would like to add the UNFAIR ADVANTAGE and WHO TOOK MY MONEY? also by Robert Kiyosaki. Great books! you will read it from first page to last.

delusional
02-03-2014, 01:27 AM
Did anyone of you actually MAKE any money after reading these books? Whenever I read self-help books, I always feel like they are just writing things people want to hear but never actually tell you what you really should do.
It's easy to motivate someone into starting a business but if that person doesn't even know how, it's hard to earn back the money spend on another motivational book.

TaraC
02-03-2014, 01:57 AM
How did the workshop influence you, what were your results after it ?

Thanks for the books guys, ill add them to my must-reads!

The workshop helped to get rid of my negative thoughts about money. I also learned about the value of passive income. I haven't made my millions yet, but I am working on my goal towards financial freedom. I did launch a couple of small income streams as a result.

The book, "One Minute Millionaire" taught me of the power of a team. The problem is that I haven't been able to put together a strong team and a strong mentor.

oregano
02-03-2014, 07:27 AM
One marketer who has written several books that have inspired alot of entrepreneurs with their sometimes radical ideas is Seth Godin, who is also known for having started Squidoo.com.

"Purple Cow" is an early work of his that says that your product is more important than your advertising - so you'd better make your product remarkable! "Permission Marketing : Turning Strangers Into Friends And Friends Into Customer" is another one I've read. In this book he continues the theme that your customers need to be comfortable with your company, its message and its products before they will buy from you, and that times have changed - you can no longer successfully bombard people with sales messages, you need to basically gain their trust and their permission first.

wyf1812370
02-19-2014, 01:46 AM
God is fair, it makes everyone's starting line is the same. This is right, Sun Tong is a good example , after he entered the electronic cigarette manufacturers (http://www.teamgiant.net), to do the most basic work is not only low wages and work tired, obviously the kind of eat, sleep , work, three point one style mode. Looks ordinary , and there is no expertise, there is no one optimistic about him , no one would think he would come out ahead , even he himself had been suspected : I have re-energized day it? Of course, he is very hard .
Long-term stay home , because home conditions , economic backwardness, construction behind , of course, behind recreational activities , so there is no expertise other Sun through the home , but got into the habit of smoking , 30 -something man, actually more than a decade the smoked , had nothing , he then contracted the habit , that if worse, such a person, if there is a bet that he can succeed , it is estimated how much gambling are people accept.
If you really accept, then you will lose, because the Sun through the opportunity came. People can not unlucky life, some people , that is poor an opportunity, perhaps this opportunity came not so obvious, and even can be said silently , and when it comes, there is no one will find it , because the choice of this opportunity pass Sun is casual , did not even think this is a major turning point in his life.
Electronic cigarette manufacturers, specializing in the production of various types of electronic cigarette, electronic cigarette , smoking cessation products , people who want to quit smoking , whether you are not there cravings , you can quit. Of course, this is not Luanchui of smoking cessation products , is to have a basis , the basis , of course, through Sun , Sun Tong , ten years of age smoke , let him smoke electronic cigarettes , even if he can quit , it is also who can not quit the .
So Sun Pass is the best certifier . Or that experiment , as long as the Sun through tracking began pumping electronic cigarette feelings, reactions, every one of them will be able to put out the functional response of the electronic cigarette , a pass just want to start the Sun , anyway myself to quit smoking , there is now the opportunity for free let yourself to quit , why not , so I casually agreed. Fate also followed this decision inadvertently changing slowly in the electronic cigarette manufacturers (http://www.teamgiant.net) .

jubvman
02-19-2014, 03:17 AM
Did anyone of you actually MAKE any money after reading these books? Whenever I read self-help books, I always feel like they are just writing things people want to hear but never actually tell you what you really should do.
It's easy to motivate someone into starting a business but if that person doesn't even know how, it's hard to earn back the money spend on another motivational book.

Doesn't just depend on the book but also on the individual, some people may never take action, others could probably read a book and make a lot of money. Rich Dad, Poor Dad is a good book because it teaches us about cash flow and money management.

One book I'm almost positive ANYONE will benefit from though is 'How to Win Friends and Influence People' by Dale Carnegie. Especially if you own a business.

apexa1
02-21-2014, 03:26 AM
It might not be exactly what you're looking for, but a good book that deals with keeping to your goals is "the power of now". its by Eckard Tole. It's a pretty good self help book that you will probably take a lot from, it motivated me to get myself into gear and fix my life up. Have a look at it if you think this could help you

janineaa
02-28-2014, 11:26 AM
"Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway" by Susan Jeffers. The book shows you how to stop being afraid of being afraid. It makes you focus on using your fear to your advantage, which is an ability that has never been more important. It makes you see that everything changes so quickly and it's okay to be afraid, but you still need courage to be able to take action and make decision, despite the fear.

cpefley
02-28-2014, 06:39 PM
That sounds like a great book. I once heard someone say that the little voice inside our heads wasn't our conscience, but fear. Sometimes it is crippling.

natasha23
04-16-2014, 09:35 AM
I have two great books to add to this list:

How To Get Anything You Want by Nido Qubein

Richard Branson's Business Stripped Bare

These books are great because it feels like they are coaching you!!

Paul R
04-27-2014, 05:43 AM
One book I get all my clients to read is 'The e-Myth' by Michael Gerber.

It's not so much on the inspirational side (although it does that as a second order effect) but it really does help you to understand how and why a small business can be successful (or not).

If you've been running a business for a while and feel you haven't fulfilled your potential this book will give you quite a few "Duh!' moments (does it to me every time I read it!)

mattandshana
05-24-2014, 05:40 AM
So, I'm a little surprised that I didn't see anyone mention some of the classic "self-help/getting rich" books...

A few that I have found to be particularly interesting:

"The Science of Getting Rich"--Wallace Wattles
"Think and Grow Rich"--Napoleon Hill

These two are very good books about the mindset required to attain riches. However, NO book will do anything for you if you aren't willing to take action. If you are reading to find a "magic" solution for making a business, or anything else in life, I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed. There's not one... hard work and proper attitude is the key to creating the life that you want and deserve.

Best of luck to you all,

Matt

itsnotsobad
07-18-2015, 06:36 AM
I like anything by Les Brown. He has a lot of videos on YouTube and his infectious laugh gets you in the mood to keep working towards your goals.

Caroline22
07-21-2015, 09:38 AM
hey I read the book "Rich Dad". This is an excellent one I have ever read. Really motivational which can leads a man to be succeed in life.

waits300
01-06-2017, 04:25 AM
Za, it's a pretty good self help book that you will probably take a lot from, it motivated me to get myself into gear and fix my life up.

deestones
11-11-2019, 08:53 AM
Electronic cigarette manufacturers, specializing in the production of various types of electronic cigarette, electronic cigarette , smoking cessation products , people who want to quit smoking , whether you are not there cravings , you can quit. Of course, this is not Luanchui of smoking cessation products , is to have a basis , the basis , of course, through Sun , Sun Tong , ten years of age smoke , let him smoke electronic cigarettes , even if he can quit , it is also who can not quit the .
E-ciggies are really the best solution when it comes to quit smoking, I know that from my own experience. Moreover, vaping is also cheaper than just smoking, you need to spend money literally only once (my latest purchase was two months ago and it is a eGo Twist (https://gypsyvapes.com/ego-c-twist-variable-voltage-1300mah-battery) .

TangelThor
11-13-2020, 01:09 AM
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. ...
Mindset by Carol Dweck. ...
Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. ...
How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. ...
The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. ...
Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari. ...
The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod. ...
Start With Why by Simon Sinek.

rattanhospital
06-01-2021, 11:39 AM
thanks for sharing with us