PDA

View Full Version : Blogging and Full Time Income

tspires2
01-30-2014, 03:40 PM
Ok so everyone says Blogging is an amazing source of income! I have just started a blog this month!

Can anyone tell me the best way to earn income from the blog and what is needed to be done to get it started and earning an income?

Any pointers greatly appreciated! I am not in my comfort zone here and I may be way off base, just thought I would give it a try!

Normal Jim
01-30-2014, 04:57 PM
In my opinion, the first thing you should do is get your name around. Find ways to get people to visit and see your blog. It may involve joining websites and posting about it, or creating YouTube videos and sharing it there. Trying to let others know about it is key.

Gipper
01-30-2014, 05:36 PM
Hi tspires2
I think the advice from Jim is right on time. The best way is to make sure you provide high quality text content that the recipient can trust. Then follow the instructions provided by Jim. I am in the same process of jump starting my own blogging business too. I blogged for others for years and received almost nothing for my work while I made their pockets pretty hefty. You can check out one of my independent blogs (www.businessdevelopmentbywohi.com/blogs). Its a slow and painful process to be out on your own but it will pay for itself in the long run. Be patient.

turt
01-30-2014, 06:05 PM
The most important part is finding something your knowledgeable and passionate about. It may take years to grow a following. If you don't like the subject or don't write information that is unique and desirable, you'll probably just give up! The second part is having a large amount of social contacts online to spread the word about your website. Once that chain starts, it can really take off.

Auror
01-30-2014, 06:14 PM
I have a website too! Well, actually I have 3. But I haven't earned anything from them yet. Haha. It would sound awkward for me to provide advice here because I haven't earned but here's what I have read from my research:
-Your blog should have a lot of traffic (find a way on how to entice people to go to your site - SEO, advertising, etc.)
-Get a Google Adsense account and put ads on your blog/site
-Join different affiliate marketing programs
-Sell your own stuff
-Promote your own referral links

Hope that helps.

KNH
01-30-2014, 06:26 PM
Some people have huge successes with blogs. I find it hard to get followers. You really have to put your name out there.
People like giveaways too. If you offer a monthly giveaway people might come back.
Find something that gets people to keep coming and who will also refer friends to your blog.
Good luck!

tspires2
01-30-2014, 07:32 PM
Wow Thank you all for the updates! I am not quite sure this is what I need to be doing but I do enjoy it! Also I have a hard time finding just a certain niche, I find myself adding categories daily! I don't have any accounts as Google AdSense or anything like that so far. I really am just getting started I think I have had about 100 views total! I will adjust and take the advise above and then maybe I will post the link for more advise if you guys don't mind! Thank you so very much for everything!

lifeliveson
01-30-2014, 08:02 PM
Google adsense is a way to start, but first of all you have to establish your blog. It took me forever to be able to be established enough to be passed by google to qualify for an adsense account. You have to have many posts, good quality, and they have to be able to I guess you could say, detect a common theme. So definitely start out by finding something interesting and consistent to blog about. But the key is to getting your name out there. For myself, I used to join many forums such as this and have my link in my signature, I did gain some traffic by posting on other ones.. But I wouldn't count on full time income for a while, the start up takes a bit long.

mine is cohalhealthandwellness.blogspot.com and icankindacook.blogspot.com..

both are in the works, I kind of quit on the cooking one but may get back to it.. good luck!

delusional
01-31-2014, 12:55 AM
Just make sure you post new and good content on a regular basis. When your visitors return because you have something new and interesting every day, then you're ready to implement some ads. Use Google AdSense/AdWords to put ads on your blog and just wait.

Keep in mind that you won't make any money if you just let is sit like that and don't do anything on the blog anymore. You need to be active and post a lot of blogposts. Try to determine what your audience would like to read.

fredkawig
01-31-2014, 08:06 AM
You have to find a niche wherein people will click on your blog because it interests them. Find a favorite topic to you and maybe to other people and use it to entice readers to click on your site. The more interesting the story or the topic you choose, the more people will find your blog and read the content which is placed in it. You also have to consider every word you type as this can be detrimental to the amount of views your blog will receive.

Taru
01-31-2014, 09:21 AM
I think if you are serious about attempting to make it a full time job, or at least close to it, then you'd have to be smart about it and not just go about it the normal way and expect it to take off like most bloggers starting out usually do. First, if you have a unique topic, then you'd be at an advantage and would probably be cutting the workload of promoting it in half since you'd pretty much be the only choice if not just one of the few. Second, I recommend starting gimmicks or promotion tactics to get yourself known as soon as possible and grab as many repeat visitors as you can from low cost promotion tactics such as giveaways.

As far as ad networks and other ways to earn off your blog, I'd recommend Adsense as they are still the highest paying, and as long as your blog gets popular enough, it will be worth it because each click will generate a good amount of money if your blog is popular. There are also other ways like getting paid by companies to promote their products through a review or just a feature in an article too. Good luck!

novasparker
01-31-2014, 10:03 AM
blogging is a good way to make money. Some make AMAZING money at it while others do ok. The trick is to understand that getting your blog into a position where it can make AMAZING money takes time and a lot of effort. Blogging is hard work. Not so much the writing part of it as the advertising part of it. You have to market your blog constantly in order to get it seen over the others. You have to find a niche that people want to read about and then you have to make it great. Most people say that it takes about 2 years to get your blog profitable. There are several ways to monetize your blog: advertising (PPC and selling ad space on your blog), YouTube and Adsense, paid blog posts, etc. Google the term :how to monetize a blog, and you will get a ton of ideas on how to get paid for blogging. However, your first and foremost goal is to create an interesting blog that people want to read and then get it noticed. The money will come later.

LindaKay
01-31-2014, 01:27 PM
It is going to take you a while to build up the necessary traffic to start making money. Using different methods of monetization is also important. For most sites, Google Adsense isn't enough by itself, and Google can be a bit weird sometimes and kick people off for no reason. It's a great place to start, but you can try things like paid posting, other ad networks, affiliate marketing, etc. Good luck!!

SoCalSurvivor
03-08-2014, 08:06 AM
Based on what I've heard from the few people I interact with here in California, I have come to believe that blogging is part of the acting industry. You have got to have more than sweet nothings, people are to wasteful with words, and rarely say what they mean, and who wants more of that madness? Unless you actually have something of substance, or worth listening to, you're just another face in the crowd. My advice: Check your motive and Keep it real. Are you blogging to pay your electric bill, or do you have a burning desire to share something you're passionate about with the world, and nobody is listening? Just cause I listened to the story doesn't mean I believe it.

Terry Hopper
08-19-2014, 01:33 AM
Based on what I've heard from the few people I interact with here in California, I have come to believe that blogging is part of the acting industry. You have got to have more than sweet nothings, people are to wasteful with words, and rarely say what they mean, and who wants more of that madness? Unless you actually have something of substance, or worth listening to, you're just another face in the crowd. My advice: Check your motive and Keep it real. Are you blogging to pay your electric bill, or do you have a burning desire to share something you're passionate about with the world, and nobody is listening? Just cause I listened to the story doesn't mean I believe it.
I have seen this topic and I have a question how to to pay your electric bill with blogging. Please describe...... I really confuse about this.

scottlawrence
08-22-2014, 02:44 PM
when you decide to be a blogger, you have just decided to be a reporter, writer, journalist. You have to do the same things a magazine or newspaper would do to get readership. Most important is that you provide valuable information that no body else is providing or provide it in a unique way that people enjoy. Good luck with it.

Scott
www.wadefenseatty.com

Malik Suleman
12-22-2015, 02:29 PM
yeah if you have a really very good blog.?

LeapIN
12-28-2015, 06:28 PM
It's going to take you at least 6 months to get a decent number of followers and only if you produce superb content + you must be very good at marketing it. Take a day and read through the QuickSprout content marketing guide http://www.quicksprout.com/the-advanced-guide-to-content-marketing/ + their awesome blog posts on the related topics. Then you can decide if you want to give it a try.

brahim2008
09-03-2017, 06:53 PM
Create your own Business Website in minutes! Build a beautiful, full featured website with our easy web builder. Try it now its Easy and Free! http://www.webbiy.com/

neda
05-28-2019, 03:53 AM
nice idea really

Darren51
03-28-2020, 07:46 PM
Hi I came across this a little while ago. I haven't been using it long and I'm already seeing results.Not big results,just small ones,but success takes time.If you want to know more,click the link below. O.krulik@gmail.comemail

PeterHicks
12-31-2020, 10:03 AM
Good day. I agree that blogging can bring good income but it is really difficult and requires a lot of time to start. In my opinion if you are searching income in internet, better will be to try sport betting. I can share a lot of cool possibilities for you, just see this here (https://probettingz.com/mma/)!

Scott Smith34
01-03-2021, 07:11 AM
Good day. I agree that blogging can bring good income but it is really difficult and requires a lot of time to start. In my opinion if you are searching income in internet, better will be to try sport betting. I can share a lot of cool possibilities for you, just see this here (https://probettingz.com/mma/)!

A great idea is always worth to spend your time and money on it, with us we can grantee your income will reach you. FasterCaptal is an incubator/accelerator online apply directly below for your idea; Join our "idea to product" program. https://fastercapital.com/entrepreneur/joinus.html.