PDA

View Full Version : Need info: Distributors, do they needs proof of sales & Legal questions (Noob here)

Factory
06-22-2016, 04:00 PM
Hello, My names Brad, I'm in Canada. I'm looking to start a small home business selling everything from diecast model cars to guitar & music equipment.

I have question on a lot of things as I am a total noob at this.

I know I need to register a business name to get started buying from distributors. I need info on this whole process that I can't seem to find on google.

For example once I'm setup with a distributor do they require records of my sales and to who? or can I just buy from the distributor/wholesaler/manufacturer and then sell to who ever I want any way that I want (example: thru kijiji/craig'slist/ebay).

Also about reporting earnings for sales (remember I'm a total noob here) how does this work? who do I report this to? Same question about taxes on sales I make.

Can I buy from a distributor/wholesaler/manufacturer and sell off the books on kijiji/craig'slist/ebay or locally. I'm planning to mostly buy diecast model cars right now without a website out of my home. I plan to sell thru my own website at some point.

As you can see I'm in the dark and know very little about all of this.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Brad

Factory
07-07-2016, 10:00 AM
I've learned a lot since I started this thread. Distributors could care less what you do with a product after they sell it to you. A manufacturer might care but even then often times they don't.

As a Small business making under $30,000 I am told by the Government of Canada that I am not Required to have an HST account/tax account (tax number). making under $30,000 you are not required to charge or report tax as far as hst goes in canada. It helps to tell distributors this information when they are asking for hst account number/tax (vat number).

I still have a lot to learn but I'm getting there.

speeduser
12-29-2020, 03:18 AM
The distributors are the lifeblood of the business. Making things efficient will surely spell success. - Green Water Technologies (https://greenwatertechnologies.biz/)

master007
07-11-2021, 08:37 AM
t helps to tell distributors this information when they are asking for hst account number/tax (vat number).