View Full Version : Require assistance with W-9/1099-MISC issue

01-31-2014, 09:54 AM
I have been researching and researching and keep finding myself at the same dead end with this problem -- I am completely at a loss as to what to do.

In 2013 I worked as a nail technician doing booth rental at a salon, and left this position later in the year because the owners of the establishment were horrible, vindictive people who made my work life miserable; being a booth renter, I was considered self-employed, so I have been working on my small business taxes. About a month ago, I learned I am required to send a 1099-MISC to the owners of the salon I was working at because I paid them a total of around $3000 for rent during my time there. I mailed them the necessary W-9 to obtain their TIN, along with a polite letter to please fill it out and return it to me so I could get them their copy of the 1099 by the end of the month, and assured them that I would keep their information safe and secure.

As I suspected, today is now the due date for 1099s to be mailed out, and they have still not returned the W-9, which I need to fill out the 1099. I had no doubt that this would happen, because they are the type to hide all the income they possibly can to avoid paying the necessary taxes. I now have no idea where to go from here; everything I've read says that if they decline to provide their TIN, I have to begin backup withholding on what I'm paying them -- however, I have found zero information about what to do if they have ALREADY received the payment, and I no longer work there.

The only option I can think of is that I won't be able to claim my rent payments as a tax deduction, in which case I am estimated to owe about another $1000 to the IRS, which I do not have. I also don't see how I should be the one who has to take this hit because I have tried to file the necessary forms, but can't because they are the ones who refuse to cooperate.

Anyone with any advice on how to file a 1099-MISC for someone who refuses to provide their TIN (and backup withholding is no longer an option because they have already been paid), PLEASE help. I have no idea what to do and have been stressing about it constantly for the last month. Thanks.

02-01-2014, 01:43 PM
Why would you have your send them a 1099 if you were renting a space from them? They would have to give you a 1099 if they were paying you for your services. Don't you just need to consider that rent as a business expense so that you can deduct it? If you were the independent contractor, you don't have to give anyone a 1099, but if you were paid more than $599 for services from one source, then they have to provide you with one.

05-10-2018, 04:13 AM
The situation looks like screwed up by them, but I do think there's some space to fight. From the other hand, the time was short, so you had no chance to do that clear and in time, and this is way more complicated thing then it seems by the thread title. Nevertheless, you probably should to ask for assistance from the IRS at first - they're nice guys actually and I think they could give quite a consultation. Later then, when all the thing would be done, you will able to do your W-9 routine by this website: https://w9.pdffiller.com/ it's quite similar to option IRS has, but some way easier and doesn't broke down often. And there's utterly a happy ending for you will take a place with such a situation

05-21-2018, 04:08 AM
There are many types of cancer treatment. The types of treatment that you have will depend on the type of cancer you have and how advanced it is. Some people with cancer will have only one treatment. But most people have a combination of treatments, such as surgery with chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy. You may also have immunotherapy, targeted therapy, or hormone therapy.
For more visit………………………………………………………………………………………………
https://youtu.be/odTi6LXA-GY] ( [url) Cancer Treatment [/url]

11-17-2019, 10:53 PM
To ensure that all independent contractors pay their tax portion, the Internal Revenue Service requires companies to submit 1099-MISC detailing the amount of expenses made for all independent contractors who earn more than $ 600. Companies are usually not required to issue 1099 for corporate entities such as PLLC which provides professional services to them, just as they are not required to submit a 1099-MISC form for the company. In most circumstances, 1099-MISC is submitted only when companies pay individuals or partnerships.

11-21-2019, 11:58 AM
Thanks for sharing with us

Brazil Soybean Suppliers
07-17-2020, 02:48 AM
We are Top soybean Suppliers, Exporters , Manufacturers , Pruducers,
soybean meal suppliers; exporters, hi pro soybean meal
and all soybean produce and more..........
Visite : www.brazilsoybeansuppliers.com