PDA

View Full Version : Referrals??? Are they worth it?

tspires2
02-01-2014, 11:43 AM
I work from home and have tons of sources of income. Are referrals really worth the time and effort it takes to get them started and beg them to work?

I know that sounds really mean and I don't want it too but that is my experience with all referrals. I tend to sign some one up and they do nothing. I find myself emailing and messaging them so much that I seem to be costing myself money rather than making money from referrals!

What am I doing so wrong on the referral outlet?

nowicki2013
02-02-2014, 09:05 AM
Referrals are a gamble no matter what program you're getting them for. I think most of the time they won't even come close to doing the work that you might expect them to do. You might feel that after a while that getting referrals are waste of time, but don't give up. Just think that you're someone's referral too and look at all the work that you do and how dedicated you probably are. Sooner or later you'll get people under you that will want to earn money just like you!

Rainman
02-03-2014, 01:33 AM
Aggressive marketing always has that backlash. The referral may question your motives and upon learning you want to make some dough off him, he may sign up independently for the program using a different username.

The best way to go about getting referrals is do your promotion in a subtle manner. Write an article about a money-making site and include your referral link in the article. If someone interested signs up after reading your article, you may have got yourself an active referral without having to follow up with e-mails, instant messages, etc., asking them to work [because it's for their own benefit!]

delusional
02-03-2014, 01:36 AM
Referrals are a gamble no matter what program you're getting them for. I think most of the time they won't even come close to doing the work that you might expect them to do. You might feel that after a while that getting referrals are waste of time, but don't give up. Just think that you're someone's referral too and look at all the work that you do and how dedicated you probably are. Sooner or later you'll get people under you that will want to earn money just like you!

I agree. A lot of people just sign up and then don't do anything.
Some just wanted to see what it was all about. Some don't like to invest the time and just wanted to get rich fast.

fredkawig
02-03-2014, 07:04 AM
Referrals are always hard to follow up. Unless they are personally motivated to do the task, whatever it is, then they would do little to no work at all. If you can get people to be your referrer with no force and that they do it willingly then I believe you do not have to constantly follow up with them as compared to when you force somebody to join something and be their referrer.

postcd
02-03-2014, 11:32 AM
I thing you should improve your targeting (the places where you advertise the referral link) + you can also provide tutorials or some kind of product (refback) to your referrals so they know what they can do and can imagine profit they can make.. (sry for my bad English)

lifeliveson
02-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Of they actually work it's worth it... But apt of people are kind of lazy so it's hard to say.. I've had to keep on them before

AlecD
02-03-2014, 09:33 PM
To show you are honest, I generally provide a referral link and a non-referral link to prospects. I then go on to give them unique advice about the service I am trying to refer them to that they couldn't find even by searching every square inch of Google. Tell them if they enjoyed the read, to please use your referral link when signing up for the service. Remember, honesty is what has allowed business to take place since the beginning of it. Never tell them it's a get-rich-quick scheme or anything similar. Be real, and the gems who work hard will appear eventually.

caveman
02-06-2014, 11:38 AM
Aggressive marketing always has that backlash. The referral may question your motives and upon learning you want to make some dough off him, he may sign up independently for the program using a different username.

The best way to go about getting referrals is do your promotion in a subtle manner. Write an article about a money-making site and include your referral link in the article. If someone interested signs up after reading your article, you may have got yourself an active referral without having to follow up with e-mails, instant messages, etc., asking them to work [because it's for their own benefit!]

I completely agree with you. Don't push it on anyone. It is true I was referred to many sites through articles and I did sign up under their name. I was generally interested in the tasks and so made the effort to do it everyday (and i'm still doing it). Once you get motivated referrals, it is so worth it!

donaldplozha
02-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Referals are a gamble. I used to have an account at a pay per click website and decided to give it a try by buying some referals. My expectations were high, the results were much more disappointing. My point: don't trust other people you haven't even met to do your work, for you.

Jordan989
02-06-2014, 11:01 PM
I don't know what kind of site you're referring them to, but if you have to beg them to sign up then it's probably not worth it. Instead of begging your friends and family to sign up, try writing a blog about the site you want referrals on. Write a review about the site and other helpful information about it and include your referral link and banners on the site. You could also make a youtube review about it and put your referral link in the description. This will let people who are already interested in the site find your link and if you get referrals, they will actually be active members.

dannyboy
02-11-2014, 08:22 PM
Referrals can be excellent when you get them. They can really jumpstarted your business and take it too new heights. I would not give up on it.

Sally108
02-16-2014, 08:39 AM
I think it is not just referrals in general, but where are you getting referrals from? If you are just getting random leads, that is probably a huge waste of your time. On the other hand, if you are getting personal referrals from customers that you already have a great relationship with, this could be priceless!

CSomm
02-16-2014, 12:43 PM
Referrals are, without a doubt, a sneaky business. You want to believe in what you're referring, and who you're referring. If you aren't doing personal referrals, it gets even sneakier. Just make sure you like the product or service you are trying to sign people up for, and that you are doing it for more than money---that's tougher than it looks.

pahagwl
02-22-2014, 08:46 AM
As a fellow sufferer, I can understand why you are so critical of referrals. I also tried getting referred but it was very painful to come out almost as some one who was begging to work for them. And the rewards were no where close to the embarrassment I was caused. But for some people, these have worked out very kindly and resulting in a large increase in the number of clients.

sofieb529
02-22-2014, 08:57 AM
I've lost money trying to successfully use referrals. You are essentially trusting a stranger to make you money. I was always much more concerned about making money than them! I gave up on this method. I rely on myself as my best marketing tool :)

autograph
02-22-2014, 10:39 AM
Referrals are worth it if they have the same passion as yourself. Otherwise, it is just a waste of time for you to get them to start working. They might even find you to be aggressive and tend to back off even further. As long as the work actually pay you enough without needing referrals, then it is actually quite alright. Just think of referrals as a bonus.

Mojibobo
02-22-2014, 11:36 AM
Referrals can be good, but it's rare to get one that actually does a lot of work. I usually provide a link to the Referral and then I direct one, so they have the choice. Mostly you get people using your referral because it's nice to do.

crucider
02-22-2014, 12:04 PM
Referrals are not too much work to get started but they aren't exactly worth your time. If you're broadly just spreading out your referral link you won't get quality users and which won't end with good results.

angelicagapit
02-22-2014, 10:30 PM
Only refer people if you think they will actually work. Try motivating your referrals in order for them to work. You can even persuade them to find some referrals themselves.

Be your own boss on these online money-making sites! Refer good people so you wouldn't need to do the work and you could earn income passively!

I hope I helped :)

gadgetised
02-23-2014, 12:01 AM
It just depends how well you are marketing your referrals.

Lithium
02-23-2014, 02:24 AM
Sites like Neobux that have a referral system are not worth it. But direct referrals on any kind of site will bring you a lot of money. Just talk with 10 friends and make a deal : they become you referral, and you become theirs. It's as simple as that. It will work, but I don't it's worth the effort.

CG7262
02-23-2014, 09:22 PM
I don't think referrals will ever be worth it. PTC sites that largely depend on referral money which basically translates to some sort of pyramid scheme. Sure you can get paid out what little you make but, really, only the people on the top of the ladder get some substantial income.

pr0xx1d
02-24-2014, 11:38 PM
It honestly depends. For something that is user-generated and rewards the user, yes. Otherwise, no not worth it. I would do some research in your niche and see if others have had success with their referral programs.

angelicagapit
02-25-2014, 12:08 AM
If the site has a referral system, then I believe that having referrals is always better. Are they worth it? It depends on how much you get out of those referrals. Try not working with sites that give you less if you get a referral.

Though referrals can still give you very little, at least they give you something rather than having no referrals at all.

Try not to waste your time on bad referral systems though, they probably won't get you anywhere.

Taru
03-02-2014, 07:46 PM
Yes, referrals do work but it's not worth it having to convince each one by one. The best way is to just put up instructions and advertising it, because it's much better to just write it out once instead of doing it over and over again, also this way you would more likely attract a lot more than if you just sold it on an individual level, and also you'd at least just attract those who are actually interested because presumably they will be the ones who will be seeking you out and not the other way around.

albertj786
03-14-2014, 02:32 AM
yes sometime it would be worth but it also a good way to get targeting and get atraffic and attention by post refearals links

cmiller
03-28-2014, 12:35 AM
Different people have different experiences with referral. Some people make most of there money with just referrals. I think it also depends on the company. Not only that but look at where you are getting your referrals from that might have something to do with your luck.

Athenagdlyt
03-28-2014, 02:22 AM
Every thing is a risk, both on the side of the referrer and the one referred to a business venture or an online earning site. One time or another, we have also been referred by someone who took the chance. Maybe 0.1 percent will respond and only a smaller percentage of those who did will continue. If you are able to refer someone who continues and makes you enough money, then you've hit gold.

eagle22
03-28-2014, 01:38 PM
My home business took off because of referrals. If you do it properly you don't have to beg them to work. Many people go about finding referrals the wrong way. I actually do paid advertising to get my referrals. I also have a large blog set up reviewing different income opportunities. When you get an army of referrals you barley have to do any of the work!

notty667
03-17-2021, 03:55 AM
Clients procured through references have a 37% higher degree of consistency and 81% of buyers are bound to draw in with brands that have reward programs. Alluded clients have a 18% lower agitate than clients obtained by different methods. You can expect in any event 16% more in benefits from alluded clients

master007
04-03-2021, 01:33 PM
Write an article about a money-making site and include your referral link in the article. If someone interested signs up after reading your article, you may have got yourself an active referral without having to follow up with e-mails, instant messages, etc.

Bigil
04-15-2021, 09:22 AM

Rahul28
06-15-2021, 03:20 AM
Referral Marketing generates 3-5x higher conversion rates than any other channel. Referred customers bring you a 25% higher profit margin. A referred customer is 18% more loyal than a customer acquired by other means. Referred customers are 4 times more likely to refer more customers to your brand.