PDA

View Full Version : Plans and Aspirations for a Potential Home Based Business

plus1
02-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Currently, I am working at home online while finishing my degree. Although, I don't have a registered home based business yet, but I do have plans. Many plans actually and I am somehow afraid to get tired of them before I will be able to start. :D

God, I never wanted to work for others after I graduate. Just thinking to waste my 8 hours a day inside those offices with a fix salary despite how hard I work that day really frustrates me. I hope I can find a way before that happens.

Currently researching for a good business model. I aspire to make those plans work to my advantage. Share your plans and aspirations here. Good luck to everybody!

Rainman
02-05-2014, 06:35 AM
I worked as a recruiter for a Canadian shipping company several years back. Since I know that some employers have difficulty finding suitable candidates to fill certain positions in their work-force, I intend to create a web-site that will cater for employers who are faced with this sort of problem. I know there are many sites which offer similar services but at least I intend to give it a try and pitch hard [to potential customers] rather than just sit back and hope clients will find me through the search engines.

Lodismel
02-05-2014, 10:03 AM
I absolutely agree. The whole 9-5 working for someone else thing just doesn't sound like something I would be interested in. I understand that it works for most people, but I think that not everybody has to fit into that mold. Maybe I will be proven wrong eventually, but I think that you can be successful without working standard hours and being bored all the time.

Cre8vendvr
02-05-2014, 10:25 PM
I've worked the whole 9 to 5 thing in the past and for quite a few years actually. I vowed the next work I would do has to be fun and something I completely enjoy. My dream is to work completely on line and at any time of the day or night my heart desires. I want to be able to supplement my income in a way that allows me to have a little extra cash to do some traveling and not have to be in an office to clock in or out at specific times of the day.

Cre8vendvr
02-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Good luck to you with all your dreams and aspirations to own your own business at some point in the near future. I can certainly relate to your ideals as I've worked in just such a manner in the past. I am currently working as a retail sales representative which beats the heck out of sitting in an office for 8 hours a day but it too has finally gotten old for me. I'd love to be able to get up at any time of the day and work completely on line. Taking a break to go for a walk or visit with friends or relatives during the day and then getting back to the work at another time later in the day would be wonderful. Good luck to you!

cpefley
02-06-2014, 12:12 AM
I always felt like working for someone else was just going to make them rich, not me. Right now, I just take freelance work, but I am hoping to make it into something more. Starting a business is always a risky endeavor, but hopefully the hard work pays off.

pandandesign
02-06-2014, 02:03 AM
I agree. I thinking working for someone else not only you have to work on required hours, but also you don't really know whether or not how long will you able to keep the job. Most companies nowadays can fire any employees for no reason, plus some of them even get their hours cut no matter how hard they work for the company. Having your own business is always a good idea, if you know the way to do the business. It sometimes requires a combination of knowledge, money, marketing, practice, and more. It isn't easy to own a business because first year is always tough. It takes the patience, efforts, time, knowledge, dedication, and more to become a successful business owner.

alec
02-06-2014, 06:32 AM
Like many here and according to the times we live in, I plan on starting my home business online. I'm thinking of going for a games arcade since I'm familiar with the medium and the marketing side of things. Maybe I'll find a niche, market for that, then another and so on. I'm well aware that running a business from home is tough all around (especially in the beginning) and many things must be learned on your own: like gathering capital, marketing, making and following a business plan and later hiring potential employees/freelancers but I feel it's worth the effort and it's much better that going to a normal job.

CarolHansson
02-06-2014, 08:02 AM
Ideally my dream for my home-based business is to make enough money so sustain myself, my family and our menagerie of animals ... plus have enough time during the day, especially in the warmer weather, to be able to enjoy my animals (I have two horses).

It's funny -- this is a bit off topic, but it seems that whenever I feel depressed about getting anywhere with my business, I get a few clients out of the blue contacting me for work. Makes me think that someone out there is looking out for me. :-)

Now as for strategies, that's a different thing all together. Ninety-nine per cent of my clients have resulted from direct contact -- I'm still having issues getting Facebook and Google AdWords to work (which is in some way a travesty as I am a former social media manager :-P).

oregano
02-15-2014, 06:18 AM
I wish you the best of luck with your online business. I'm sure you know that working for yourself takes a lot of hard work, discipline and dedication, but if you have the right mindset and are prepared to give it your full attention, it can also be a very lucrative and satisfying way to make your living.

While many people (such as myself) started off working for others and have gained a lot from doing so before setting up on their own, there are those who just want to do their own thing from the beginning. It sounds like you are one of these people who would simply be miserable working in a company that is run by somebody else, so you should go ahead and find an enjoyable way to make money for yourself!

So think about your real skills, working experience and interests and try to narrow all your ideas down to just a handful that are realistic and would keep you motivated. Then pick one and get started. Once that business is running well you can get another one going as well, just don't try to do them all at once!

fredkawig
02-15-2014, 08:19 AM
A business is definitely the best way to go if you do not want employers and people who tell you what to do specially when the pay rate is fixed no matter how good you perform. Or you can go into marketing, selling and etc.

angelicagapit
02-18-2014, 09:03 PM
My biggest plan, and I'm doing everything I could to reach it, is to obtain financial freedom. I think we all want that. I want to be free financially, and at the same time, I want to enjoy what I'm doing. I don't want to feel like I'm wasting my time doing a job I don't even want to be doing. I'm currently looking for ways to earn money, whether I have to work hard for it or I could earn it passively.

Good luck to all of you guys. I hope you all achieve your life goals!

ursell
03-02-2014, 04:35 PM
I intend to one day have my own internet business one day. I don't know what type yet. Maybe some type of
service website helping people doing whatever I don't know right now. I think maybe something to do with helping
children who need help. Any ideas.

sdsnook
03-02-2014, 05:00 PM
I am taking the next year to completely focus on using my Administrative, Internet, Writing & Social butterfly skills to create an income that is comfortable and lucrative. I am starting out very small and building it slowly, but with flexibility in mind. I think the way the internet is people will be leaving the 9-5 and work when they want. I want to get into the Bigger picture the world is headed!

StompnNubs
03-11-2014, 03:39 PM
Currently the best way you can go about this is to build a niche website and use Amazon Associates to monetize it. I started two last year and they've started bringing in anywhere from $20-1,000 a month recently after my sites tarted placing well in google. I simply write reviews for things I buy on amazon or use someone else's review on youtube to learn enough about the item to write an article about it.

I've been meaning to create more of these sites, just been bogged down by other work that pays more instantly :)

ursell
03-12-2014, 07:12 PM
Working for someone else isn't working for me. I agree that when you work for someone else you don't know
how long you may have your job, or your hours get cut. I have gone through that. And now I want my own a
successful home based business. I have dreamed of working for myself but I don't know how to go about it
and what kind of business I want it to be.

ursell
03-12-2014, 07:17 PM
Working for someone else isn't working for me. I agree that when you work for someone else you don't know
how long you may have your job, or your hours get cut. I have gone through that. And now I want my own a
successful home based business. I have dreamed of working for myself but I don't know how to go about it
and what kind of business I want it to be.

gadgetised
03-13-2014, 01:27 AM
Good luck! Just remember than any successful business requires hard work, determination and motivation. Things might get tough but will pay off in the long run if you keep at it.

angelicagapit
03-13-2014, 04:28 AM
I used to be one of those people that looked up 'Make Money Online Fast', but I realized that you can't really do that without working hard to get to that stage of earning passive income. I work pretty hard right now to get to that stage. I haven't reached it yet, but I really hope to by the end of the year.

My goal is to be able to earn passive income so I can save money for my future. I want to live a decent life, to be able to provide for my family, to be able to fund my children's tuition, and to be able to buy some of the wants my family and I have. I know that as of right now, online money making is working pretty slow, but I guess I just have to be patient and have hope and determination.

I've done a lot of research with making money online, such as starting a business, strategies on PPC sites, and online marketing. All of this research is because I aim to go towards my goal as soon as possible.

Good luck to all of you! :)

Taru
03-20-2014, 07:14 AM
I'm currently selling on Ebay, and as for my aspirations, I just hope to grow it enough for it to become a passive source of income for me one day - or at least, as passive as I can make it. Besides that, I mostly just would like to venture into something I'm more passionate about, but as for now, this is generating profits for me so it would be impractical to let go of it. I wish you well with your goals, friend!

gadgetised
03-20-2014, 07:47 AM
Good luck! Starting your own business is the first step to independent success. None of us here want to work for somebody else.