PDA

View Full Version : Local Income Tax Business Marketing

Chris_Tax
07-31-2016, 08:52 PM
I live in a town of 15K in Ventura County. It is a poor community. I grew up here. Should I focus on relationships with other local business? I ran an ad in the Catholic Church bulletin last tax season and it did not generate ant new customers.

I have a Facebook Business Page. I share funny videos and funny images to local groups. People on Facebook are there to have fun not read about Tax code

Can I run an ad in Facebook that will be effective? Do I offer a coupon? I am getting tired of being so cheap in my prices. The first question on the
phone is how much do I charge.

Looking for ideas

Thanks in advance,
Chris

adamxtubeage
09-15-2016, 02:55 AM
Hello, Definitely FB ads are good idea be sure to target your audience. I would suggest you start a contest and promote it through FB ads that will bring you more targeted audiences

hope this helps:)

Jenn Kimmel
09-28-2016, 09:14 PM
Facebook ads can work, but since you're in such a small town have you thought about cold calling local businesses? Sounds old fashion, but might be a good way to build local relationships for your business.

SocialDimes
09-29-2016, 03:03 PM
Chris,

Great questions!

Ok...I just looked at your website. No wonder the first question you get from people is "How much do you charge". The first thing I see is "Affordable Income Tax Preparation". If you read a bit more you site says 40%-50% less than national chains.

The first thing I'd do is create a simplified site that doesn't focus on "Affordable" and cheap. Additionally, the front page shouldn't be so cluttered. Here are a few things to think about:

1) What is it you do? Answer these questions: 1) What's the problem? 2) How do you solve it? 3) How is the customer going to feel?
2) Have a great big picture on your home page of someone smiling while going over documents. This relays to visitors you make their life easier.
3) Have a 3 or 4 step process that briefly explains how you work with someone.

Honestly, I think if you cleaned up your site and relayed a clear message to visitors, then you would get a higher end clintele.

Shogon
04-06-2020, 03:00 PM
As been said above, Google or Facebook ads will do t work. It's the best option for low-budget advertising.

jayam
04-07-2020, 05:06 AM
From a small town office to opening a company in a large city, these marketing tips give you the know-how to start a tax preparation business on the right foot.

valluri
04-07-2020, 05:56 AM
Word of Mouth. Word of mouth is a powerful tool to promote your business and generate new clients. ...
Optimize Your Website. A website is a must not only for tax businesses but for all small companies. ...
Get Social. ...
Find Your Target Audience. ...
Email. ...
Postcards. ...
Flyers.

vinitha seo
04-08-2020, 01:56 AM
local radio station and ask for a sales representative. Tell the rep that you are advertising an income tax business and allow her to suggest an ad package. Concentrate the majority of your ads in January (for the early filers and those who are getting refunds) and during the last week before taxes are due in April.

jayam
08-08-2020, 01:57 AM
Word of Mouth. Word of mouth is a powerful tool to promote your business and generate new clients. ...
Optimize Your Website. A website is a must not only for tax businesses but for all small companies. ...
Get Social. ...
Find Your Target Audience. ...
Email. ...
Postcards. ...
Flyers.

valluri
08-08-2020, 02:06 AM
Generally a fairly simple income tax return for a partnership, corporation or a sole proprietorship with few or no employees starts around $250-$500 and goes up to $1,500-$2,500 and more depending on circumstances. Some firms have a minimum charge for corporate income tax preparation of $500 or more.

lishmaliny
08-08-2020, 04:55 AM
Getting potential customers to take that last step in the buyer’s journey to where they actually complete their purchase isn’t always easy. Discounts or promo codes in Facebook offer ads that can give them the nudge they need.

Chris_Tax
08-09-2020, 05:48 PM
You are very correct word of mouth is the best. I wish some how I could market indirectly at my Catholic church.