PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Page advertising worth it?

Enersav
02-03-2014, 04:27 PM
What are your thoughts on yellow page advertising? I'm looking at appx.
$1700/year for my small business. My website developer says he can put me on first page through Search engine optimization. I'm also thinking of a Facebook page

Andy1982
02-04-2014, 10:41 AM
If you are in a busy part of town or need it for the trade your in, ie. plumber, spark or what have you. If you don't or aren't then $1700 could go a long way with leaflet drops which can be done fairly cheaply with the post office. The facebook fan page is a good idea, I'm planning on doing that myself. What's your business?

AlecD
02-04-2014, 11:39 AM
It's a rather outdated form of advertising simply because phone-books are found online now. There really is no reason for anybody to go out and obtain one. That money could so much better be invested into internet marketing for the simple fact that everyone from the age of 4-60 pretty much has an iPhone, PC, or some other internet enabled device.

Thrix
02-04-2014, 02:00 PM
Internet marketing all the way. Make a site, Twitter, Facebook, all sorts of social networks, and connect those to a big net. Expand your network, and make the customer return to your profiles/pages. SEO is great as well, if the right person is doing it. That would be the marketing for todays client base.

But what's your business about? We should probably know before giving you advices.

DomDom
02-04-2014, 03:11 PM
I agree with what everyoen said about the internet marketing but there is another important thing to ask. What kind of business are you in? You should be aware of what your target audience does and where it checks its information and ads. Those are the places you should always look to first!

Enersav
02-04-2014, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the replies. My business is supply & installation of solar window film, blinds & shades. My take is most people are going to Google on their smartphone or computer.
My website is being updated now for content and better SEO. I haven't opened a physical yellow pages book in a couple years and search on my Iphone
when I'm looking for something. So I'm paying for online marketing basically in my opinion. I can do alot with $1700 such as joining the Chamber of Commerce, flyers,etc..
I'm sure there are many opinions on this.

Taru
02-06-2014, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the replies. My business is supply & installation of solar window film, blinds & shades. My take is most people are going to Google on their smartphone or computer.
My website is being updated now for content and better SEO. I haven't opened a physical yellow pages book in a couple years and search on my Iphone
when I'm looking for something. So I'm paying for online marketing basically in my opinion. I can do alot with $1700 such as joining the Chamber of Commerce, flyers,etc..
I'm sure there are many opinions on this.
Good call. I think it's a lot less relevant nowadays and if you do want to be there it would be much more just for formality than anything. People probably don't use the Yellowpages anymore these days, and you are right that you can just use that money on much more effective ad campaigns. I think it would only be wise if your business grows big enough to warrant it, but if your business is not a big operation yet, I think it's best to allot that money elsewhere.

rijndael
02-06-2014, 04:56 PM
I think it depends on your market. Some markets are more old fashioned and still use phone books and the yellow pages website, while others are a little more tech and search on google and facebook.

donaldplozha
02-06-2014, 07:45 PM
Don't just think about your Facebook fanpage, do it. And if you invested 1700 dollars a year (that's a little more than 100 dollars a month) on Facebook Adverts, you will find out it's much more worth it than anything else you can use to advertise your business.

Jordan989
02-06-2014, 08:17 PM
Are most of your customers older people? I think people who are older (50+) might look to the yellow pages as their primary source for finding businesses, but people in my generation (20s and 30s) use the internet exclusively in looking for a company to do business with. I would focus on online marketing and also watch for reviews for your business online on sites such as Yelp.

delusional
02-07-2014, 12:26 PM
I really think the money will go to waste. Nobody uses the Yellow Pages anymore. It's starting to become a novelty item. People are using it to light their fires because they don't want to look through numerous ads to find a business with very little information.

pandandesign
02-07-2014, 07:30 PM
If you pay that much amount to advertise on Yellow Page, then it's not really worth it. I have gotten my business to advertise on Yellow Page for free because the company actually calls me and asks if I'm interested to advertise my business through them. I would say unless it's free because I don't really need Yellow Page to promote my business, which there are only a few percentage of people who would look at Yellow Page anymore. I would think social medias and perhaps newspapers are the best options for you, plus the cost isn't as high as what you are going to pay now.

Henrywilson
11-27-2019, 03:57 AM
yeah, it's a good advertising web page, but not too much affective to get many backlinks and you get high rank on google engine...
don't rely on just one advertising web page .... also focus on another advertising web page...

GeraldLang
11-27-2019, 07:32 AM
Yes, Yellow Page Advertising worth to use. And your website developer is correct to introduce you about SEO.
Social Media such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc are the best & more effective than Yellow Page Advertising.

vinitha
12-17-2019, 07:06 AM
The yellow pages are any telephone directory of businesses, organized by category rather than alphabetically by business name, and in which advertising is sold. The directories were originally printed on yellow paper, as opposed to white pages for non-commercial listings.

acurry
01-20-2020, 02:41 PM
What kind of business do you have? And are you a business in your town with a physical location where people come to you to buy products/services?

lishmaliny
01-23-2020, 05:13 AM
Conclusion on Internet yellow page advertising While some Yellow Page websites may become more effective in the future, at present nearly all of them are over-priced for his business. The takeaway is not that you shouldn't run Yellow Page ads – print or online – for your plumbing, hvac, roofing, etc. company.

Geethan
04-08-2020, 11:57 AM
Many small business are still heavily dependent on the Yellow Pages - and it works for them.

The reason is because much of the "older" population still picks up the YP book when they think of traditional services, especially renovation or service-based businesses like plumbers, electricians, or fence companies. Hate to say it, but this is still very much the case. So it makes sense for certain kinds of companies to advertise within it.

I'm not arguing that digital isn't more effective and measurable. I'm just stating the facts based on my experience with local internet marketing services and talking to various small business owners.

master64
04-10-2020, 04:43 AM
Successful logos are immediately recognizable, reflect a brand’s message and stand out from the crowd. They build trust and look timeless and professional. Effective logos also work at any size and anywhere.

vinitha seo
04-16-2020, 10:59 AM
Yellow Pages (owned by Sensis) offers Yellow Pages print directory advertising and Yellow Pages online advertising. Business can get a free listing in each, but to get a decent sized ad you need to lay down your wallet and usually some serious cash.

Waterjet Cutting
04-17-2020, 06:04 PM
Much the same as in the Google indexed lists, advertisements are at the top, which is fine. In the event that you decide not to utilize Yellow Page's online administrations, your site basically won't show up at the highest point of their nearby registry listings.So if Yellow Pages says your website will disappear or it won't be found on the internet, it's a pile of crap.

BedroomGallery2
04-18-2020, 02:05 AM
In geographic markets where less individuals are utilizing the print Yellow Page books, numerous neighborhood sponsors are pulling back and moving their valuable promoting dollars to the web. Detecting this, the Yellow Page organizations have begun selling their own suite of online items. It is safe to say that they are justified, despite all the trouble?

master64
04-20-2020, 09:29 AM
By accurately tracking every Yellow Page website – the phone calls and the online leads (independently – not using the Yellow Page’s in-house tracking) – Bob Perini from DrinkMore Water has focused the vast majority of his budget on SEO and PPC campaigns (not run by the Yellow Pages).

vasanthanju
04-21-2020, 07:26 AM
Since the advent of the internet, and in turn mobile access to the internet and the social connectivity that followed, the need for the Yellow Pages has dropped. Even so, consumers turn to multiple resources as they move through the path to purchase.

vinitha seo
04-21-2020, 07:49 AM
Yellow Pages (owned by Sensis) offers Yellow Pages print directory advertising and Yellow Pages online advertising. Business can get a free listing in each, but to get a decent sized ad you need to lay down your wallet and usually some serious cash.

stephen21
04-22-2020, 06:45 AM
Digital directories are the biggest competition for printed Yellow Pages, especially in a mobile-centric market. It is worth reiterating, however, that the Yellow Pages haven't ignored the digital age. YP.com is an active online listing service that offers additional digital marketing and website/SEO services.

vinitha seo
04-28-2020, 08:18 AM
Yellow Pages (owned by Sensis) offers Yellow Pages print directory advertising and Yellow Pages online advertising.

Geethan
04-28-2020, 11:18 AM
I'm a firm believer that digital advertising is the way to go. There are many reasons behind this. Some include:

Digital advertising is relatively cheaper than traditional.
After conducting a proper research on your target, you can have your ad present whenever they are.
You can have the data available for remarketing.
You get analytics of your ad performance so you can calculate the ROI.
Most importantly, people who matter to you see your ad. That's exactly what you'll want to pay for, a targeted audience, not a mass audience.
If you do a little more research on the topic, you'll come to see that you can do wonders with your budget way more efficiently.

Robertbrain
04-29-2020, 08:12 AM
Yellow Pages advertising can also be highly effective. However, savvy advertisers often track their Yellow Pages advertising leads, then measure their ROI against what they spent to advertise in the book.

master64
05-01-2020, 11:53 AM
yellow page advertising. By accurately tracking every Yellow Page website – the phone calls and the online leads (independently – not using the Yellow Page’s in-house tracking) – Bob Perini from DrinkMore Water has focused the vast majority of his budget on SEO and PPC campaigns (not run by the Yellow Pages).

jayam
05-15-2020, 06:45 AM
Just like in the Google search results, ads are at the top, which is fine. If you choose not to use Yellow Pages online services, your website simply won't appear at the top of their local directory listings. ... So if Yellow Pages says your website will disappear or it won't be found on the internet, it's a pile of crap.

valluri
05-15-2020, 06:55 AM
Placing an ad with the Yellow Pages can easily run in the tens of thousands of dollars per year. To place a business card-sized ad in Yellow Pages costs anywhere from $250 to $400 a month, depending on your location.

jayam
05-23-2020, 08:29 AM
While some Yellow Page websites may become more effective in the future, at present nearly all of them are over-priced for his business. The takeaway is not that you shouldn't run Yellow Page ads – print or online – for your plumbing, hvac, roofing, etc.

valluri
05-23-2020, 08:43 AM
Yellow pages. ... The yellow pages are any telephone directory of businesses, organised by category rather than alphabetically by business name, and in which advertising is sold. The directories were originally printed on yellow paper, as opposed to white pages for non-commercial listings.

Geethan
06-04-2020, 03:55 AM
I founded a company that offered PPC advertising management through an automated, easy to use self service web site for all the popular search engines. Our tech provided great usability and automatic campaign optimization. We also had support staff to assist SMB customers. We found customer acquisition and retention in the SMB space tough for at least a few reasons:

1. SMBs have limited budgets, and a monthly recurring fee vs a one time outlay means high turnover -- advertising is the first thing to be cut and economic times are tough.

2. There is a lack of understanding of how the technology works so it's a big education process. That lack of understanding = fear and lack of trust.

3. PPC is hard to validate -- you have to trust the numbers/graphs on a screen because you can't Google "San Francisco Dentist" and guarantee your ad will show up in the sponsored listings unless you have a high daily budget. With YP, you can touch and feel what you bought. SMB owners are like consumers and many (certainly not all) tend to make buy decisions on gut feel.

4. YP has an aggressive feet on the street sales force, something hard to replicate especially with the relatively small margins of PPC management and reselling.

5. With YP, SMBs get phone calls or foot traffic which most SMBs can handle. With PPC you're getting directed to a web site or landing pages, which most SMBs suck at. So you have to help them and that's a more expensive proposition. Or, you make the landing page call to action a phone call, but I'd argue that if one is searching for a business online one wants to get info about the business through a web site. And most SMB web sites are not well designed and have poor content to boot.

Geethan
09-10-2020, 12:48 AM
It really depends on your target market. If you are aiming to reach clientele that still own and use tangible phone books (generally older prospects—especially those who are not internet savvy), a Yellow Pages ad is still a viable option, depending on your return on investment. If it’s a nominal fee to advertise, but you reach X number of prospects who bring in X amount of revenue (enough to cover your ad costs), then it can be worth it—especially if the leads generated by the ad bring in additional business via word-of-mouth referrals.

If you are aiming to reach prospects who don’t typically pick up the phone book, but rather prefer to search the internet for business listings (much of the post-baby boomers, and even some of the boomers, prefer their smart phones over the Yellow Pages), an online business listing may boost your bottom line more quickly.

The power of a great web site run by a knowledgeable web designer who maximizes your exposure by utilizing key words or “ad words” to improve your search engine optimization can be priceless. You may find that you don’t need to pay for ads when your web presence brings you enough business to pay for itself.

stevealex000
09-10-2020, 05:49 AM
Yup--still there. OK, many of us aren't getting the Yellow Pages delivered to our doors anymore. But according to the company, more than 80 million people visit the YP.com site (or use their app) each month where there are more than 20 million businesses listed.

Geethan
09-14-2020, 01:52 AM
It really depends on your target market. If you are aiming to reach clientele that still own and use tangible phone books (generally older prospects—especially those who are not internet savvy), a Yellow Pages ad is still a viable option, depending on your return on investment. If it’s a nominal fee to advertise, but you reach X number of prospects who bring in X amount of revenue (enough to cover your ad costs), then it can be worth it—especially if the leads generated by the ad bring in additional business via word-of-mouth referrals.

If you are aiming to reach prospects who don’t typically pick up the phone book, but rather prefer to search the internet for business listings (much of the post-baby boomers, and even some of the boomers, prefer their smart phones over the Yellow Pages), an online business listing may boost your bottom line more quickly.

The power of a great web site run by a knowledgeable web designer who maximizes your exposure by utilizing key words or “ad words” to improve your search engine optimization can be priceless. You may find that you don’t need to pay for ads when your web presence brings you enough business to pay for itself.

Harishb
10-08-2020, 05:48 AM
Yellow page advertising is old-school putting your business in phone books. They had tried getting with the times by advertising your business on their website but every time a customer asked to look into if what they were spending in Yellow Pages was worth it, I would tell them no.

After looking at how much traffic was coming to their website from Yellow Pages in their analytics account it was only 1 or 2 per month for spending $200/month. Then I ask them to make the call if spending $200/month was worth 1 or 2 visitors. You can add tracking code to the link in Yellow Pages to dig deeper to see if any actual sales were made as well.

When looking closer at the web marketing section of their website and talking to someone on the phone I could tell that their knowledge was severely limited.

jayam12
10-28-2020, 03:04 AM
Yes…. as long as you don't mind paying double what you should be, being stuck in an eternal contract and having no customer service or progressive work done on your account. Christian is one of Canada's most sought-after digital marketing experts.

mithu
10-28-2020, 03:08 AM
The yellow pages are any telephone directory of businesses, organized by category rather than alphabetically by business name, and in which advertising is sold. The directories were originally printed on yellow paper, as opposed to white pages for non-commercial listings.

segboard
11-02-2020, 06:14 AM
So is Yellow Pages Advertising Worth It? Truly… . however long you wouldn't fret paying twofold what you ought to be, being stuck in an everlasting agreement and having no client support or reformist work done for you.

amelyjcob
11-02-2020, 06:37 AM
Is Yellow Pages advertising worth it?
So is Yellow Pages Advertising Worth It? Yes…. as long as you don't mind paying double what you should be, being stuck in an eternal contract and having no customer service or progressive work done on your account.

Geethan
11-06-2020, 11:47 PM
The answer is no. As far as SEO is concerned, your business DOES NOT need to pay to be listed on Yellow Pages. This is a question that comes up often when I talk to small businesses about their online marketing efforts.

TangelThor
11-09-2020, 03:39 AM
So is Yellow Pages Advertising Worth It? Yes…. as long as you don't mind paying double what you should be, being stuck in an eternal contract and having no customer service or progressive work done on your account. Christian is one of Canada's most sought-after digital marketing experts.

jayam12
11-10-2020, 04:55 AM
Most of the time, people pick up the Yellow Pages when they know what they're looking for, and that means they're very close to making a purchase decision. Having an ad in the print Yellow Pages positions your brand close to that final moment of truth, and the ROI is proof.

mithu
11-10-2020, 05:02 AM

AfreenKhan1
11-10-2020, 07:02 AM
We offer full-time customer support to our valuable clients. We help them choose the simplest as per their demand with minimum price and maximum input. You’ll contact our support team 24/7. If you dislike our services feedback is going to be highly acknowledged.

Geetha john
11-12-2020, 12:09 AM
Most of the time, people pick up the Yellow Pages when they know what they're looking for, and that means they're very close to making a purchase decision. Having an ad in the print Yellow Pages positions your brand close to that final moment of truth, and the ROI is proof.

debora
11-12-2020, 02:27 AM

Geethan
11-23-2020, 12:32 AM

trisy
11-26-2020, 05:36 AM
I'm not sure that yellow pages are popular now. It seems to me that now everything has gone online, in social networks, blogs and so on.
I would rather spend this money on targeted advertising, or contextual.
Or better yet, create a page on Facebook or Instagram and promote your brand there.
This is now the most popular way.

YokoCarRental
11-26-2020, 05:41 AM
Looking to rent a car in Dubai Yoko Car Rental (http://yokocarrental.com)offers affordable monthly car rental services with quality service.

MASTERO
11-27-2020, 12:13 AM
Yes…. as long as you don't mind paying double what you should be, being stuck in an eternal contract and having no customer service or progressive work done on your account. Christian is one of Canada's most sought-after digital marketing experts.

Saravanan12
12-04-2020, 07:04 AM
The answer is no. As far as SEO is concerned, your business DOES NOT need to pay to be listed on Yellow Pages. This is a question that comes up often when I talk to small businesses about their online marketing efforts.

RaniaRanii3
12-05-2020, 12:09 AM
That implies 67 individuals would need to call your business from a Yellow Pages promotion all together for your telephone directory publicizing to earn back the original investment. Clearly, these numbers are made up - you'll need to figure it out for yourself and sort out if it's justified, despite all the trouble for your business to promote in the telephone directory.

Geetha john
12-05-2020, 12:58 AM
You're going to be paying a lot for clicks to your website. When we get approached by a company looking to move their digital marketing from Yellow Pages to us, we can pretty much guarantee a better return.

MASTERO
12-13-2020, 11:51 PM
Our most recent blog post on Yellow Pages advertising was in 2013, and ... like your target audience, it may be worth putting out a few print ads.

Nags
02-09-2021, 08:39 AM
There really is no reason for anybody to go out and obtain one. That money could so much better be invested into internet marketing for the simple fact that everyone from the age of 4-60 pretty much has an iPhone, PC, or some other internet enabled device.

Mikellandor2
02-14-2021, 07:40 AM
Chucktown Locksmith was founded to provide for the community's growing security needs and Peace of Mind. The public is becoming increasingly aware of the need to properly address safety concerns. Many no longer rely on cheap locks provided by big-box stores and other discount outlets. They require locks which provide higher level security than what is standard. Grade Locks secure your home, business or other property by resisting various methods of attack used by criminals in their lawless actions. These locks are designed with quality in mind rather than achieving the lowest price-point possible. Grade Locks are available only through the qualified Locksmith.

Business name:
Chucktown Locksmith
Owner name:
Mikel Landor
Address:
1054 Anna Knapp Blvd #25G
Mount Pleasant¸ SC
Phone:
(843) 396-3103

raviseo120
02-14-2021, 11:36 AM
thanks for sharing with us

lishmaliny
02-16-2021, 04:11 AM

belljons
02-16-2021, 05:48 AM
So is Yellow Pages Advertising Worth It? Yes…. as long as you don't mind paying double what you should be, being stuck in an eternal contract and having no customer service or progressive work done on your account. Christian is one of Canada's most sought-after digital marketing experts.

DennisBeckenbauer
02-17-2021, 05:49 AM
I learn some new stuff from it too, thanks for sharing your information.
his comment is here weddingchip (https://weddingchip.com/)

Bigil
02-17-2021, 09:28 AM
Internet marketing all the way. Make a site, Twitter, Facebook, all sorts of social networks, and connect those to a big net. Expand your network, and make the customer return to your profiles/pages. SEO is great as well, if the right person is doing it. That would be the marketing for todays client base.

DennisBeckenbauer
03-11-2021, 05:43 AM
Great articles and great layout. Your blog post deserves all of the positive feedback it’s been getting.
topping bottle warmers shell health (https://shellhealth.com/bottle-warmers/)

Bigil
03-12-2021, 11:10 PM
There really is no reason for anybody to go out and obtain one. That money could so much better be invested into internet marketing for the simple fact that everyone from the age of 4-60 pretty much has an iPhone, PC, or some other internet enabled device.