PDA

View Full Version : A way to advertise the business

pandandesign
02-04-2014, 04:15 PM
My dad has a restaurant business and the location is hidden. I have tried to drop off menus to different businesses and apartment houses, but that's soliciting. I have tried a few social media sites, which is one of the best way to advertise the business. I am currently working on a website so I can put all the menu item on it, which I believe many people would like the idea to be able to look at the menu online. Is there any other way to advertise the business? I would like more people to know about there's this restaurant exist.

DomDom
02-05-2014, 12:19 PM
My dad has a restaurant business and the location is hidden. I have tried to drop off menus to different businesses and apartment houses, but that's soliciting. I have tried a few social media sites, which is one of the best way to advertise the business. I am currently working on a website so I can put all the menu item on it, which I believe many people would like the idea to be able to look at the menu online. Is there any other way to advertise the business? I would like more people to know about there's this restaurant exist.

What kind of restaurant is it ? Depending on your target audience maybe you can put up posters in areas where there are alot of people (business aprt of town etc). Put up good offers (price) and great pictures on the posters!

alec
02-05-2014, 02:12 PM
People love free stuff! You can try offering some free menu items, like toppings/a drink, make a happy hour where the prices are lower or offer free stuff for the girls as a way to encourage couples visiting your restaurant business, put up special offers on Valentines Day, Thanksgiving etc . Now take all this, print it on some flyers and advertise around the town. You can also try advertising with stickers, bicycles and cars with your logo on them.

Still, like DomDom asked, what type of restaurant business are we talking about? Knowing that would help us be more specific with our answers.

KaplanTheThird
02-05-2014, 04:10 PM
My friend owns a tiny healthy snack bar. He advertised by giving local gym members and employees 10% off their purchase. It worked great. Find out who your target clientele is and what drives them? Is it an office lunch crowd you are going after? If that's the case, maybe offer lunch promos to drive business, or offer samples of the lunch menu at a couple local offices. Your target clientele will give you the answers to your questions. It is sometimes as simple as asking them.

The idea with the website is great. You should definitely have one, but it won't drive traffic unless it is supported by other activities.

cpefley
02-05-2014, 06:33 PM
I know this might sound silly, but have you considered a sign waver? If the location is hidden, maybe a large banner with someone waving it will capture attention. Maybe at lunch time have to sign advertise a lunch special. Getting traffic can be tricky without soliciting, however, have you considered asking apartment managers if they would be willing to add your flyer to the welcome packet of new tenants or asking neighboring hotels if they would consider handing menus to guests who are looking for somewhere to eat in the area?

delusional
02-06-2014, 04:45 AM
The website will be a great boost. Also make sure you register the business on Google once you set up the website. This is the place to start: https://www.google.com/business/placesforbusiness/
If you do this, your business will pop up on searches on Google Maps and also shows info about your business when someone Googles it. I said to only do this after you set up the website because people would want to see the menu.

fredkawig
02-06-2014, 08:30 AM
You can still go through social media websites by making your customers like the food or the page in Facebook for example. That way the exposure of your business online as well as offline would go well. You may also make use of tarpaulins and fliers in order for people to know that you exist. You could also do some promotional stunts like free food from 8-9 am or something like that. People will see how good the food is and would spread it through word of mouth like fire.

Taru
02-06-2014, 12:53 PM
These days, I think people are not too much against going out of their way to find good food, and it's even why food trucks are doing so well. People like to have their own little secrets areas, so if you are able to tap into the online food community in your local area that appreciates such a thing, then you'd have a core audience already and it can only grow bigger from there through word of mouth. You just have to make it enticing and actually give them a reason to scavenge hunt to find your place. :) Good luck!

rijndael
02-06-2014, 04:57 PM
The USPS has a great direct mail program where you can drop off post cards with them and only pay for the postage. They will send it to everyone in each area of your choosing. Usually, I look in my mail box and on Yelp when i'm trying to find a restaurant.

donaldplozha
02-06-2014, 07:43 PM
I suggest you get a good hold on that Facebook fanpage you should have created by now. Start using Facebook Adverts and start presenting your menu on your fanpage. It is very easy to get people to like it as you can suggest it to all your friends and you can ask your friends to suggest it to their friends and so on. Start by investing about 50 dollars a month, I promise you it's gonna be really worth it. Good luck :)

Jordan989
02-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Is there a daily deals site such as Groupon in your area? Your dad's restaurant could do a promotion with a daily deals site where the restaurant would be featured for one day and they would sell gift cards to the restaurant. Although the business may lose money from the customers who use the gift cards, it will get the word out about the restaurant and some of them may become regular customers if they have a good first experience there!

caveman
02-07-2014, 05:47 AM
I agree social media is powerful. Make sure you have changed the settings to a specific age group and location for your target. I would also suggest that you talk to upcoming bloggers about featuring your restaurant. There are many food lovers out there and give them a taste of what you got.

oregano
02-08-2014, 10:08 AM
You could invite the food critic from your local newspaper to visit your dad's restaurant, and the same for local online magazines and directory sites.

If the restaurant serves casual lunches such as sandwiches, salads and soups, you could try contacting some large businesses in the area and offering to deliver lunch orders that are placed before a certain hour. That way you would make a lot of sales and only have one delivery spot per x customers, than on to the next delivery spot. This also works well for office buildings, industrial parks etc, but of course you do need to be well organized and probably take on an extra employee to help with food prep and the delivery round itself. People who get their lunches from you might also bring their family or friends back to you for dinner, or a weekend meal - try putting a coupon in with each lunch delivery.

levis_88
02-12-2014, 01:16 PM
people are so engaged in social media that's one. a website will do good in your business just make sure that is is mobile compatible as well.

CSomm
02-15-2014, 04:42 PM
Direct Mail is a great idea. You need to have a website immediately, and you need Twitter and Facebook right away. Print off coupons to be handed out in takeout bags, for your repeat customers, and give them takeout menus as well. It may be solicitation, but I'd risk going to all the businesses in your area and introducing yourself with a coupon in hand. They might throw you out, but unless you are rude, that's the worst that is likely to happen. Pizza places are always stuffing coupons in my front door, and you should too for the neighborhood in your area---again, it's unlikely to trigger anything other than increased sales, as long as you are providing value and not just spamming them.

pahagwl
02-21-2014, 08:46 AM
I would recommend you to start putting billboards out at popular locations in order to increase the public presence of your business. You can also put ads in the local newspaper. You can also using some sales promotion measures during times when the number of customers is less then the average. Internet advertising would also go a long way in increasing the awareness about your business.

Nerohs
02-21-2014, 12:14 PM
For advertisement of a new business I would first start with the online marketing strategies. Things like Social media, and blogging. After I have a few things up and running, I would being some SEO work, an hour a day to do SEO will improve traffic. Once the online is saturated with my ads, I would being using word of mouth methods, and promotional discounts with flyers.

stacyje
02-21-2014, 12:19 PM
I agree that a website base advertisement would be great. also do you some flyers and post up. I know when Im entering into certain stores I read the flyers posted to see when the next sales or who saleing what. Great way to get business booming.

mameeker@cuse
02-22-2014, 04:30 PM
I would suggest attending events around your city that people care about. From there you can start giving out promotional coupons to get people into your fathers business. Once they come in you must impress with the food though.

angelicagapit
02-23-2014, 03:17 AM
My family also has a restaurant in a location with a very limited market. All of these pieces of advice help me very much as well! What we did to start getting more customers is that we created a promo called "20% off of all milk teas for the month of January!"

We printed big tarpaulins and placed it all around the village. For the whole month, we got a bunch of first-time customers, so we could tell that our promotion really encouraged people to come in, which results to more awareness.

Gmac9100
02-23-2014, 06:27 AM
I would suggest you consider doing a radio ad. That's a great way to get the location of the restaurant out to a mass amount of people. Or maybe sponsor some local community events. Online marketing is a waste of time in this scenario. You need to interact with the local community. Not random people online.You should be at every community event, passing out fliers, and telling them about your restaurant. It going to be a lot of hard work, but you have to do it.

owesem75
02-23-2014, 07:47 AM
You can give away brochures offering discounts for those who will present it back to you. This way, people who would be interested to get the discount and curious about your restaurant would surely take time to find it. Another way is to create sticker which you can post to vehicles like bicycle, tuktuk, taxi, buses, provided they will allow you. This way, you create a MOBILE advertisement that can reach to many people as far as that vehicle can go.

mikelouis
02-23-2014, 12:26 PM
If you are going to create a website, make sure you optimize it for your local area so that people around your area can easily find it and start using your services. I wish you good luck with your website business. You can also hire a professional if you need something great to be designed.

samm1973
02-23-2014, 10:58 PM
There's lots of great suggestions in this thread. I'd really consider a Groupon or LivingSocial campaign. I know a restaurant manager who does this and they pull in around 20% new customers with every campaign. This is a successful eatery, so your gains will likely be higher. If you have a business district near you, I'd look for lobbies, and posting areas to put flyers up. I know another person with a cafe near a hospital and they do very well with doctors and nurses who are just plain tired of eating at the cafeteria. Know your market and advertise yourself as a great alternative to the go to places in your area.

foduu1
02-27-2014, 11:08 PM
You possibly can still move through social media marketing internet sites by creating your clients like the meals as well as this site throughout Facebook by way of example. That way this subjection of this online businesses and also not online could get very well. You can even make full use of tarpaulins and fliers in order that visitors to know that you occur. You might like to complete many promotional tricks like free of charge meals from 8-9 was as well as something like in which. People will discover just how beneficial the foodstuff is and could multiply the idea as a result of recommendations like flame.

foduu1
03-05-2014, 05:10 AM
It is possible to nonetheless proceed through social media sites through generating your clients such as the meal or maybe the actual site in Myspace for example. Because of this the actual publicity of one's online business together with traditional would likely proceed nicely. You may even make use of tarpaulins along with fliers to ensure people to realize that you are present. You might like to accomplish a number of promotional tricks like free meal through 8-9 feel or maybe something such as in which. Folks might find the way beneficial the food is usually along with would likely spread that as a result of person to person like flames.

albertj786
03-11-2014, 02:49 AM
personally i suggest you to paste the posters in your area to get attention and ,make a facebook page and invite your friends on it and tell them to promote your page forward and then tell your friends to tell them prompote it thius the best idea to share your business

Lithium
03-11-2014, 07:23 AM
If advertising through social media doesn't work for you, you should try sticking posters to walls.

JohnSword
03-13-2014, 03:09 AM
I'm half-kidding, but your business would certainly increase if you're fortunate enough to invite Gordon Ramsey to your restaurant.

That being said, having food bloggers and critics at your restaurant would definitely boost its reputation, but only if you receive good reviews. Social media is another way to go about promoting your business. Other than Facebook, you can also try posting photos of the food on Instagram.

kiruthi_18
07-28-2018, 01:50 AM
Some easiest way for you
1. Email Marketing
2. Online Advertisement
3. Add your business in local business listing
4. Do Social Media Posts regularly

kiruthi_18
07-28-2018, 01:54 AM
Some easiest way for you
1. Email Marketing
2. Online Advertisement
3. Add your business in local business listing
4. Do Social Media Posts regularly

Christiana Robert
07-28-2018, 07:51 AM
Ways to advertise your business:
1. Blogging should be your high priority
2. Use email marketing to improve your sales
3. Publish videos
4. Stay connected with social media
5. Do guest posting on other sites

Great idea you shared here. One main thing whatever you do keep on your mind your content must be unique.

JerrodBoyd
05-22-2019, 07:05 AM
Social media is the best way to promote any kind of business. There are various social media channels are available on the internet. You need to choose any social media site and promote your business on there.

talkbusiness360
05-22-2019, 09:38 AM
Use Local Business Sites to advertise your business as well as Instagram. as its provide a Vast traffic to it..

richardbettina
05-23-2019, 01:25 AM
List your business on a Google My Business listing. This Listing will help you advertise business on search engine. Good Luck :)

Ville From Digitaldrop
05-27-2019, 02:09 AM
I would probably start by hosting a facebook contest of some kind boosted via paid ads to locals.
something like free meal or anything free and to enter like, share and tag a friend who you would take for a meal if they won.

this way even you're paying for the ad it will get shares and people tagged into the post so its more organic in the end than paid ad.
also content marketing trough instagram is something what can be really powerful.

if you have any questions feel free to ask here or email me at ville.himanen@digitaldropmedia.net would love to give more advice :)

AarushiAashi
12-26-2019, 11:08 AM
Here are seven different ways to advance your business online that won't cost you a dime:

Utilize the three major neighborhood posting administrations.

Grasp online life.

Start a blog.

Set up interactive media on YouTube and Flickr.

Web optimization your organization site.

Official statements.

Join a significant online network and contribute.

Geethan
04-29-2020, 05:56 AM
Find new ideas to talk about. "It's pretty much the perfect way to beat writer's block for your blog. ...
Open the lines of communication. ...
Sharpen your communication skills. ...
Don't self-promote. ...
Ask good questions. ...
Build a presence. ...
Monitor and engage. ...
Do market research.

Geetha
02-26-2021, 12:07 AM
Here are seven ways to promote your business online that won't cost you a dime:
Use the three big local listing services. ...
Embrace social media. ...
Start a blog. ...
Put up multimedia on YouTube and Flickr. ...
SEO your company website. ...
Press releases. ...
Join a relevant online community and contribute.

Muthuraj
02-26-2021, 01:29 AM
Hi,

List your business in Google My Business. You can try online advertising for your restaurant business promotion. It's an easy way to reach your potential customers.

lucycarter
02-26-2021, 03:25 AM
There are two ways by which you can advertise any business - Offline Marketing and Online Marketing.

Offline Marketing is where you meet with the client face to face and use various ways like promotional products, flyers, business cards, etc for advertising your business.

Online Marketing is the medium that includes SEO, PPC, SMO, etc for advertising your business.

lishmaliny
02-26-2021, 06:08 AM
Loyalty Programs. Partnering up with online food apps should definitely be a consideration as part of your restaurant marketing plan.

Geetha
02-27-2021, 12:30 AM
Use the three big local listing services. ...
Embrace social media. ...
Start a blog. ...
Put up multimedia on YouTube and Flickr. ...
SEO your company website. ...
Press releases. ...
Join a relevant online community and contribute.

Bigil
02-27-2021, 06:46 AM
The idea with the website is great. You should definitely have one, but it won't drive traffic unless it is supported by other activities.

Bigil
03-12-2021, 11:36 PM
If you do this, your business will pop up on searches on Google Maps and also shows info about your business when someone Googles it. I said to only do this after you set up the website because people would want to see the menu.

Bigil
03-22-2021, 09:26 AM
Depending on your target audience maybe you can put up posters in areas where there are alot of people (business aprt of town etc). Put up good offers (price) and great pictures on the posters!

lishmaliny
03-22-2021, 11:09 PM
Social media is another free way to get the word out about your small business. The most popular business accounts are Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter, but make sure to consider using other sites that might be specific to your niches, such as Pinterest or Reddit.

Geetha
03-23-2021, 02:21 AM
Bottom line: you can effectively promote your business, with or without money. Create and verify your Google Business Profile. Get a website. Implement SEO. Start a business blog. Share your content. Run Google Ads. Create listings on the major directories. Optimize your listings.

MASTERO
04-06-2021, 04:16 AM
Bottom line: you can effectively promote your business, with or without money
Create and verify your Google Business Profile.
Get a website.
Implement SEO.
Start a business blog.
Share your content.
Run Google Ads.
Create listings on the major directories.
Optimize your listings.