PDA

View Full Version : How much time do you spend on the working from home business?

pandandesign
02-05-2014, 02:39 AM
Well, I don't have a home business but I do work from home. I have two different job tasks I do at home, which I proofread and editor articles for the writers, and the other one I do freelancing works for different companies. I usually spend about 4 to 5 hours a days on these works, which I still have to work as harder as I can. How much time do you spend on home business or working from home?

cassylexandra
02-05-2014, 10:12 PM
I work from home as well. I run a small business, and it doesn't waste a lot of my time. I think setting up my store on the weekends, where I have more time, took about 3 days with around 4 hours each day. Now, it's no longer than thirty minutes to an hour, since there isn't much to do besides check the email and ship items. Occasionally I would surf the net to see what is trendy, but all in all, no more than an hour.

cpefley
02-05-2014, 11:57 PM
To me, that is still a home business. I consider it a business, and I do pretty much the same thing. I am working, and my home is my office. I have to pay self-employment tax, so I consider it a home business. I am afraid to count the hours that I spend working, but I really should, considering I want to make sure that my time is worth what I am being paid. I spend at least 5 hours a day working, but probably more.

caveman
02-06-2014, 11:44 AM
I'm still a student but I have a small side business so usually I work from around 5 in the evening till about 9 or 10 depending on how much work there is to do. But on the weekends, I usually work from 10 in the morning till about 4 in the evening. Sometimes when there's a lot of pending work or upcoming projects then I add in a few extra hours.

rijndael
02-07-2014, 03:55 PM
I try to schedule 40-50 hours per week on different tasks. I split the time each day between projects, marketing, selling, web design, meetings, book keeping, research, etc... So technically i'm working the 40-50 hours but is is not always generating income.

TracyM
02-13-2014, 01:07 PM
I have two endeavours that I run from home. The one business is seasonal and gets busy in the spring and fall. Summers and Christmas time are slow. I also do freelance writing which occupies most days unless I am busy with my other business.

CeliVega
02-13-2014, 09:31 PM
The thing with home-businesses is that they require a lot of self-discipline. You got into the "mood" for working at physical places. When you see others are working as well, you tend to go along with the flow. But home is usually considered a place to rest and relax. As good as working from home sounds, some people just can't get motivated to work when there's a tv nearby or there's no direct supervisions from superiors.

owesem75
02-14-2014, 01:29 AM
I have a two-shift FULL TIME work one from 9am-1pm and another one from 5pm-9pm and this gives me at least 2 extra hours work after each shifts for a total of 12 hours full day working hours. 8 hours full time, 4 hours home based work. I don't really know if this is an idea schedule, but I find it effective in terms of time management. :)

JohnSword
02-14-2014, 02:31 AM
I'm currently spending around 8 hours a day working from home. I do translating and subtitling for videos, graphic design and content writing. Of course, I'm hoping to work less hours as I slowly build up a passive income, but for now, it's no pain no gain. However, I do make it a point to take a day off every week just to recharge my body and mind.

fredkawig
02-14-2014, 06:44 AM
I spend 2 hours at most. Since I'm a pretty lazy person and I'm taking up a pre-law course. I do not do much when it comes to my home-business or job. I usually tend to slack off at times since I'm always overloaded with other things to do.

Rainman
02-14-2014, 08:48 AM
I wish I'd spend more time working on my business. At most maybe I give it an hour or two. I suppose that's the reason why I'm stuck where I am right now. Maybe starting in March, I may start getting serious and spend more time working on building my business then once that's done I can concentrate on marketing it.

Sigh. . .but it's all easier said than done.

Millermarketingroup
02-14-2014, 12:52 PM
I spend 40-60 hours a week invoicing, detailing descriptions, and performing services. then probably an additional 15-20 marketing myself.

JeronimoMag99
02-15-2014, 04:45 AM
I do same thing, I usually invest about half a day on it in order to get good profits.

firelily99
02-25-2014, 04:54 PM
Depending on how things are going for me I can spend anywhere from thirty to sixty hours on my work. I'm not always in my home office, sometimes I'm on the road and sometimes in my studio. The variety that I have really helps me to keep from getting bored or stale with my work.

M.K
02-25-2014, 10:13 PM
I'm still in the preliminary stages and I spend roughly 2-4 hours per day doing research and expanding my database. Once I near my deadline, I'll start to kick it up and likely do 8-10 hours per day coding and perfecting my product. Once my site's up and running, it'll be very low-maintenance.

LindaKay
02-26-2014, 02:09 PM
I write from home and basically spend between 8 and 10 hours a day writing. Sometimes it's much less, and sometimes I write for 12 or 16 hours in one day. It all depends on what I have to work on and how much I've been slacking off lately.

sscchoeman
02-28-2014, 10:58 AM
Hi guys and girls. Well I am working from home on my MLM business in my spare time. It is some times time consuming as I have only ltd time due to a full time job during the day. The dream is to replace this with a full time home based business and to be free from public transport in the morning rush hour. On average I spend about 6 hrs a week and maybe 4 on the week end. Would like to know what yo do for motivation help you work effective at home. Well most of the time I am self discipline when i get started. The starting point is hard.

Looking forward to your replies.

ursell
03-02-2014, 12:16 AM
I don't work that much because I'm not discipline enough yet. I might work 1 hour a day.
I haven't really gotten that serious about the task yet but I'm getting there. I need to watch
less tv and do more work.

coffee
03-02-2014, 01:14 AM
It's hard to say for sure. At the moment I am on maternity leave so I have a lot of down time on the couch, and I'm experimenting on various money making websites, but I am also doing a lot of research for my business and projects. Once I go back to work and things get into a pattern, and I drop the websites that are not working for me, I'd say I'd spend about 4+ hours a day. I do a lot of planning and research, and I have a notebook that I write ideas in constantly.

wbsrdtv
03-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Plan to spend at least 50 percent of your time engaged in the thoughts, activities and conversations that produce most of your results.

Schedule time for interruptions. Plan time to be pulled away from what you're doing. Take, for instance, the concept of having "office hours." Isn't "office hours" another way of saying "planned interruptions?"

Take the first 30 minutes of every day to plan your day. Don't start your day until you complete your time plan. The most important time of your day is the time you schedule to schedule time.

Take five minutes before every call and task to decide what result you want to attain. This will help you know what success looks like before you start. And it will also slow time down. Take five minutes after each call and activity to determine whether your desired result was achieved. If not, what was missing? How do you put what's missing in your next call or activity?

angelicagapit
03-03-2014, 01:09 AM
Well I actually work in a family business within my village, and I actually do consider it a home office. I work regular store hours, 9:00am - 5:30pm, so it's around 8 hours and a half daily. I have a lot of free time during those hours though, so in while sitting at my job, I'm able to do some work on a few money-making websites online. The time I spend on those money making websites is maybe 4 to 5 hours, spread throughout the day. I make a decent amount of money on those sites, and I think pay is reasonable because I'm practically doing what I would've been doing in the first place, which is posting on blogs and forums.

CeliVega
03-03-2014, 01:21 AM
A few hours maybe? I never give it a thorough count on how much time I spend working online. But I am thinking of extending the time now. From the little time I spend working online or working from home, I found that it could be very rewarding if you found a niche that suits you and it happens to pay handsomely for those willing to provide their services. Plus working from home gives you more flexibility and usually provides a stress-free environment. Of course, it only works well if you got the discipline and dedication for it. It's my wish to finally able to earn a stable income from home, and I hope I can achieve that dream very soon.

Lithium
03-18-2014, 11:13 AM
I spend 4 hours a day and I make more than most working people.

Eagles910
03-18-2014, 02:16 PM
For me there is no specific time table. I have certain goals that i tr to reach every day. When i reach those goals. I am finished. Some days it takes longer. It depends on how tired i am.

lizzief79
03-18-2014, 06:47 PM
I am a professional freelance writer. I work for about four or five hours a day. However, not all of this goes on writing. I also have to spend time filling in my accounts, reading emails, responding to messages from clients and applying to be accepted on sites. There are also many other tasks to complete each day. I try to spend at least two hours a day actually writing. I waste alot of time by keep checking on my payments or reading responses instead of just getting on with my work.

mikelouis
03-19-2014, 12:02 AM
Just like any other business, you need to invest enough time to make sure that the business picks up. I have an online writing company, it makes a few sales per month which is great since it is only 2 months old and am already getting sales.

bingaguilar
03-20-2014, 03:11 AM
It depends on what stage of the product I'm in. I make custom-made jewelry and beaded bags. If I'm designing, it takes about one to two hours, just drawing and choosing material for each design. But if I'm on the production stage itself, it can take from four to eight hours. If I have a lot of rush or bulk orders I even have to "burn the midnight oil", so to speak :D I don't have any staff, I do everything myself so it really takes up most of my waking hours to run my tiny home-based business.

I've actually slowed down a bit and I'm already thinking of doing other stuff, like writing my own blog and stuff like that. Jewelry-making can get a bit tedious after a while ;)

Taru
03-20-2014, 07:06 AM
I work pretty much as if I were on a job, meaning I work from about 9-5, and sometimes even past that. I find it to be worth it, though, as I am still at least my own boss and get to decide how I choose to work and go about my day. I'm hoping to turn it into something a bit more passive in the future, but for now, I am fairly satisfied with the routine.

gadgetised
03-20-2014, 07:48 AM
Three to four hours a day if I have the time. That allowed me to developed http://www.gadgetised.com in about 6 months.

Lithium
03-20-2014, 12:38 PM
I have reduced my working time to 3 hours a day, but this is because I don't need money so much and I can earn almost as much as if I had worked 4 hours a day.

tinyfang
03-20-2014, 03:45 PM
For my main job, I spend about 15-20 hours a week, based on the amount of hours I work out of a year. For my main job, my work varies from about an hour a day, up to about 12 hours a day, but it's inconsistent, since it's based on a per project, per client need basis. As for my side jobs, I spend about 20 hours a week consistently for the last 1.5 months.

useruseruser
03-22-2014, 03:17 PM
I spend all of my time working from home. I sometimes find it hard to work with all the distractions of home. I'm also suffering a little bit from cabin fever, being in the house all day. It is a good way to stay productive though, as I don't have to travel to and from an office each day.

Lithium
03-23-2014, 02:46 AM
Since I don't have a certain schedule, I can work an entire day or only an hour. It depends on how much money I need.

gadgetised
03-23-2014, 04:10 AM
Now that I have graduated Uni I will be stepping it up to about 5 or 6 hours a day!

firelily99
03-26-2014, 04:33 PM
I do work from my home but I also have clients away from my home office. In terms of hours it really is a case of how much work I am getting, some weeks are better than others. I do try and be done by the early evening and I have a hard and fast rule that I am NOT ALLOWED to bring work out of my office and bring into my home, especially my bedroom. I did the sleeping with files thing and decided I'd rather spend that time with my dog.

Lithium
03-27-2014, 12:14 PM
Now that I have graduated Uni I will be stepping it up to about 5 or 6 hours a day!

This can bring you a lot of money, especially if you are a freelancer or a micro worker.

eagle22
03-27-2014, 04:24 PM
I make sure to work a MINIMUM of six hours every single day. I want to get this business built and running as fast as possible and the only way to do that is to work hard. All the hard work will pay off eventually though once the income starts to become passive

Rosyrain
03-28-2014, 12:01 PM
Right now, I am only working from home part time and have a full time job that I go to. I am hoping to change this within the next year or so an spend more time working at home. I wake up early in the morning and go to the computer to get some "home work" done and then go to my job. After work, I come home, do all the house chores and then do some more work on the computer. Right now the daily average I spend working on my homebased business is about 4-5 hours. I am perpetually tired, but hoping that it all pays off soon and I can devote less time to actually going to work.

TomRalphio
03-28-2014, 01:24 PM
I have a regular job but I spend a couple of hours every day on my side projects. I manage to schedule in time wherever possible and push through and get it done. For me it's all about focus, if I'm in the zone I rip through my day's work very quick.

ursell
03-28-2014, 01:33 PM
I have improved with that. I'm working longer than what I have been doing. But it isn't enough yet.

firelily99
04-04-2014, 11:51 AM
My hours really depend on a variety of factors. Some weeks I put in close to seventy hours, some weeks half that amount. It ebbs and flows and I just have to roll with it when it is ebbing and flowing.

amardeepets3323
06-19-2014, 05:13 AM
I like to work from home because doing work from home is feel relax to your body and person don't get tired.I spend 3-4 hours daily at home I do translating and subtitling for videos, graphic design and content writing.

justlife
07-08-2014, 03:30 AM
I work 7 hours per day including weekends but I'm starting to change that. Working long hours doesn't means it's productive. I'm cutting the hours and spend more time learning, reading. Work smart, don't work hard.

rodka17
07-20-2014, 01:23 AM
I'm still a student but I have a small business so usually I work from around 5 in the evening till about 9 or 10 depending on how much work there is to do. But on the weekends, I usually work from 10 in the morning till about 4 in the evening. Sometimes when there's a lot of pending work or upcoming projects then I add in a few extra hours.

http://www.birthdayscelebrities.com/

andybrowne
07-20-2014, 03:40 PM
i spent 4-5 hours on e=marketing and 2 hours on web development. So in total in spent 6-7 hours work from home

Tweetcinema
07-22-2014, 12:27 PM
I spend 4-5 hours!!

Terry Hopper
09-08-2014, 09:55 AM
It depends on you how much time you have to spend on it.

Yes you are right.

ecohomes
09-09-2014, 04:30 AM
Depends on each person. Some are working 5h per week others even 10 h per day. I guess it's like this, if you want more results you need to put yourself some barriers or some life standards, otherwise you will never achieve them.

Terry Hopper
09-16-2014, 09:26 AM
Many people are working 5th days per week, 12h per day. What do you think about them?

MahaKarthi
10-03-2014, 01:40 AM
Irrespective of how many different jobs you do work from home is a treasure of profit. Foremost thing is working from your comfort zone at anytime from anywhere. No traveling costs and save travel time and be free from pollution. No need to sit and stare at system for 8 hrs. Max you spend 3 to 4 hrs and get paid. Step by step you do bigger business in future days and earn more than working regularly

anynewsbd
10-03-2014, 07:27 AM
I am a business man so most of the time i have been busy with my business almost 10 hrs.

SkyJarman
10-10-2014, 03:18 AM
I put in about 8 hours a day working from home, the rest of the time I am taking care of my son. Can I include that time as well? I think it is much harder too watch my 2 year old than too help business owners list in Google 7 pack.

katherinepage
10-15-2014, 01:08 AM
Well, I don't have a home business but I do work from home. I have two different job tasks I do at home, which I proofread and editor articles for the writers, and the other one I do freelancing works for different companies. I usually spend about 4 to 5 hours a days on these works, which I still have to work as harder as I can. How much time do you spend on home business or working from home?

For most of us,home based business is the life time investment. It give a great opportunity to earn earn substantial income.

Spending couple of hours in home business depends on how much work there is to do. You can earn upto $400 per day working as travel agent(with Travelerrr) for 4-5 hours by attracting target customers. The more the traffic the higher your chances to earn more.

For example : If you get 100 visit per day then your earning will be $1 per day which means you can earn $3000 per month. So a little increase in traffic can make you to earn more money. The best part is you don't have to go outside to find seekers.

RichardJoubert
12-02-2014, 01:56 AM
I spend 4 hours a day, and over the last 3 days , I have earned $425.00 at http://payhmm.com/?ref=8311, I reckon at the very least 3 - 4 hours would be the minimum required time.

Dan Ruby
12-02-2014, 02:40 AM
I am developing my own project now and doing some part time translation job. All my work is done from home. I spend at least 6 hours a day working on my project and 3-4 hours on the part time job. At first i thought that working from home would be great, but now i want to escape from time to time and go work somewhere else. How does it feel for you?

andrewjohn1316
12-12-2014, 11:43 PM
its depend on what business you want to start .