PDA

View Full Version : How do you build apps for your business?

startupsam
09-11-2016, 06:28 PM
Newbie here!

I’ve been researching how small-to-medium sized business gets apps built. And by get apps built, I mean develop custom software for core business functions, functions that aren’t already commonplace. Like if I were a deli owner, I wouldn’t pay for an ordering app: I’d just get an account on Seamless or Grubhub.
Or if wanted an ERP, I’d just get Microsoft Dynamics or what-have-you.

Assuming no commercial off-the-shelf solutions exist, the three top options for getting an app seem to be:

Consulting Agencies / Dev Shops
Hiring Developers as contractors or employees
Doing it yourself.

All of which seem pretty expensive or difficult. I’ve heard that App Builders are supposedly the “future”, but so far, it looks no one yet has figured out a simple way to build complex apps. Most of it seems “cookie cutter”: the quality of the final product is probably less than the three options above.

What is your perspective on building apps for your business? What are the things that you care about here?

I’m sure there’s plenty of industry specific insight I’m missing out on.

Thanks in advance!

netcode
11-27-2016, 01:51 PM
Newbie here!

I’ve been researching how small-to-medium sized business gets apps built. And by get apps built, I mean develop custom software for core business (http://hafana.com) functions, functions that aren’t already commonplace. Like if I were a deli owner, I wouldn’t pay for an ordering app: I’d just get an account on Seamless or Grubhub.
Or if wanted an ERP, I’d just get Microsoft Dynamics or what-have-you.

Assuming no commercial off-the-shelf solutions exist, the three top options for getting an app seem to be:

Consulting Agencies / Dev Shops
Hiring Developers as contractors or employees
Doing it yourself.

All of which seem pretty expensive or difficult. I’ve heard that App Builders are supposedly the “future”, but so far, it looks no one yet has figured out a simple way to build complex apps. Most of it seems “cookie cutter”: the quality of the final product is probably less than the three options above.

What is your perspective on building apps for your business? What are the things that you care about here?

I’m sure there’s plenty of industry specific insight I’m missing out on.

Thanks in advance!

Honestly, you have same idea with me. I have a plan to create application builder for startup business, i also created basic prototype for this. but now i have strugle in marketing. As you know, customer only want to use easy application. I mean they don't want to build from scratch.