PDA

View Full Version : Create a business AND keep a Job

alec
02-05-2014, 04:52 PM
How do you guys and girls deal with having to set up a business while also working the long hours of a normal job?

Some good advice is to keep a job while also working on setting up your business. Then, when successful enough and financially secure you can quit your job and focus on running your company. But, I always found it hard to work and focus on anything else after returning home from my job.

Would it be better to just quit your job, live on your savings or small income streams and dedicate all the time for your newborn business?

cpefley
02-05-2014, 06:15 PM
It depends on how much you believe in your business. In the beginning it might be wise to keep your day job, but if your business suffers from your lack of devotion to it, then it might be time to quit your job. Trying to balance both can be difficult and might cause your business to fail.

delusional
02-06-2014, 04:36 AM
In the beginning, it might be possible. Be prepared to answer emails during work hours and doing a lot of work when you get home from your work. Also know that whenever your business takes off, you need to take the plunge and go for the business fulltime.

fredkawig
02-06-2014, 08:22 AM
If your business is a guaranteed success and you are a good businessman then yes. But if you depend on your job for money then that would be an awful idea. If you have not established a good business then you should not stop the only source of income available to you which is your job. If you know your business will succeed and it is ideal then you could quit your job but only if you are certain.

Hostinv.com
02-14-2014, 07:44 PM
Having a good business plan, and a real forecast, you can determinate in advance, when will it be the correct time of leaving your day job so you can dedicate more time to your business. The key is planning right and in real terms.

TaraC
02-15-2014, 06:18 PM
I kept my day job when I launched my first business. It was tricky. I had to be super organized though. I used my lunch hour to make calls. I also worked a lot of late nights. I had about 6 months of living expenses saved up, but I didn't quit until I had enough clients to replace my monthly salary.

mikelouis
02-16-2014, 03:27 AM
It will depend on how much time the business will need but obviously it will be straining a bit on your side. If you can see that the business is picking up well and has a brighter future, you can quit the current job and concentrate on the business.

coffee
03-01-2014, 12:18 PM
As others have said it depends on your business. If you are selling something online it's very easy to start with either your own website or using a site like ebay. If you are providing a service you could possibly answer emails at work, return calls during breaks, and write out your business plan during down time. It is not wise to quit your job to pursue a business that hasn't really started yet.

It's best to write out your plan, find your target market, and prepare to work long and hard while still working until you feel comfortable going down to part time/quitting.

Good luck!

jada
05-20-2014, 12:38 AM
hii guys,we are Trainers International, a leading provider in Project Management, Business Analysis, and Business Transformation training and consulting. We are committed to offering you excellent instructor-led and virtual PMP®, CAPM®, CCBA®, CBAP®, and PMI–ACP exam review boot camp classes.
u can join Masters Trainers International (MTI) (http://www.mti-pm.com)

lia
05-20-2014, 05:01 AM
Totally understood your feeling. I agree with Coffee. It depends on your business. Well. few months has passed by since you posted this thread, so how is everything going?

INSTANTPROXIES
01-21-2015, 01:16 AM
I am also intrigue what happened..

RobertML
05-17-2016, 04:24 AM
Keep your day job but neglect it. Focus on your business. Keep the day job until they fire you.

cuong24081995
12-20-2017, 10:08 PM
Having a good business plan, and a real forecast, you can determinate in advance, when will it be the correct time of leaving your day job so you can dedicate more time to your business. The key is planning right and in real terms.

Nolan1
04-30-2020, 02:10 AM
I know that many people need various business plans so in that case, you can easily trust this question https://writingpeak.co.uk/write-my-essay because they will do it for you within some hours, just go there and tell them what exactly you need right now. Hope that I helped someone here there. Good luck

mike_hammer_1
02-15-2021, 05:41 PM
How do you guys and girls deal with having to set up a business while also working the long hours of a normal job?

Some good advice is to keep a job while also working on setting up your business. Then, when successful enough and financially secure you can quit your job and focus on running your company. But, I always found it hard to work and focus on anything else after returning home from my job.

Would it be better to just quit your job, live on your savings or small income streams and dedicate all the time for your newborn business?

I think this is a very personal question. In order to make this transition, some people will need to save, leave their position and dedicate the focus they have to trying to get their new business to work. Others can do fine working one job and pushing on another in their spare time.

One of the most important things from my perspective about running a business is knowing yourself (strengths, weaknesses, priorities, wants, needs, etc.). Layer being honest (have to be able to be honest with yourself!) on top of that and you'll be in a position to really assess what path you need to choose to give your business and yourself the best chance of success.

Don't feel like you're stuck in on mold for how to get something done. However you develop your biz must work for you.

Nikol
02-23-2021, 01:01 PM
It is very difficult to do study, work and projects at the same time. But I still want to rest a little .... For this reason, I found an excellent solution to the problem. When writing complex papers that I need to complete my studies, I use proven writing services, here's my favorite: https://writemytermpapernow.com/. (http://writemytermpapernow.com/.) This frees up time for work and for yourself. And I do not need to spend a lot of time on double-checking, since I know for sure that the information is verified and correct. This, of course, does not completely solve this problem, but it helps at least partially free up my busy schedule.