PDA

View Full Version : Healthcare or Agribusiness first?

Qraqq
02-07-2014, 08:02 AM
Hi there,

I'd really love to end my days with a one leg in the healthcare industry and the other in agriculture. I'm interested in these because there's no denying that these particular industries help people directly, if managed and operated well.

I'm 20 now and yes the world is my oyster.

But what should I start in first? Healthcare or Agri?

Moore Than SEO
02-07-2014, 02:26 PM
I would suggest you start with the area you are most passionate about. When you're really driven it shows and people respond. If you're thinking of this from a perspective considering profit potential I would suggest starting in Healthcare. This is an industry that may be easier to enter at first; where agriculture requires some specialized studies, resources, and connections. Best of luck in your decision! I wish my twenty-something son had his sight on some aspirations - beyond hanging out with friends and taking low pressure electives. :)

DomDom
02-07-2014, 03:26 PM
I believe you should enter the field you know most about! Another thing that is important is your idea, what do you want to do ? The industry shouldnt be your guideline, your knowledge passion and will should! What are your ideas for healthcare and what are they for agriculture?

Qraqq
02-07-2014, 11:38 PM
Moore Than SEO

Thanks a lot for the advice.

My first priority would be getting profitable, but I do want to change the healthcare business' focus more toward offering better quality at very affordable prices. There's just so much profit that I really need. I keep my wants low, something my parents taught me well.

Also, from a twenty year old's perspective, talk to your son, maybe he's taking low pressure elective because he hasn't found out what his type of intelligence is.

Have you heard of the Theory of multiple intelligences? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_multiple_intelligences.

Make him take a test and see. Its a real life changer.

Thanks again.

Qraqq
02-07-2014, 11:46 PM
DomDom

Well my passion for healthcare come from a past personal experience where I fell ill and the hospital bill was wayyy too much. We had to borrow and all that.

So I guess my main drivers are more targeted at the healthcare industry. Passions include low price quality healthcare.

An added bonus would be reduced personal healthcare costs for me in case I need it!

Thanks.

owesem75
02-11-2014, 03:14 PM
well, in my personal opinion, if your priority is PROFIT - my vote goes to Agriculture. Planting and producing crops is more easier to do than the research based health industry. You can sell organic produce in many ways both with direct contact with your suppliers and with a very good marketing scheme you can even get orders online. Once you have it running well and giving you the income you need, you can then invest in the health care industry which can be of course supported by your agri business. Good luck to you.

oregano
02-15-2014, 07:07 AM
I'm curious about your possible plans to work in healthcare. You say you want to find a way to provide low-cost healthcare - this is something many people are doing with alternative healthcare and preventative medicine, which can be as simple and "conventional" as teaching people about nutrition, exercise and recognizing the signs and symptoms of common medical issues before they become big and expensive problems. It also encompasses herbal medicine and traditional Chinese medicine, which provide a lot of herbal remedies for common conditions such as high blood pressure or diabetes, which most people take expensive drugs for. A lot of herbs can be grown at home, or obtained quite easily for a low price, and have far fewer side effect than prescription meds.

Is this the kind of thing you mean? Actually, you could combine both your passions and grow the herbs yourself and learn how to process them by drying, extracting or whatever, and selling them while also providing advice. You could grow and sell organic vegetables and fruit too, and teach people about the benefits.

fredkawig
02-15-2014, 08:28 AM
It really depends with the interest that gets to you the most. Also consider the resources you have and the most viable option on your current standing economically. If you know how to plant rather than curing people then go for Agriculture, and vice versa.

angelicagapit
02-19-2014, 11:47 PM
You decision should be based on a few things:

01) Which one is more profitable? Trust your gut.
02) Which one are you better at? Whichever it is, I say you start there first.
03) The trend or demand of each. Ask yourself, "which of the two industries do people seem to have a demand for more?"

Taru
03-07-2014, 08:37 AM
I'm no expert on either, but in my opinion, I think both are equally as challenging and could also probably just be equally as profitable, so I really would more likely just weigh this by personal preference and capabilities if it were me. However, if I really had to choose one, I'd personally just pick agriculture just because it sounds like it would be easier to start small with and test as opposed to health care which sounds to me like it would take a significant amount of capital to start wit, unless I'm mistaken.

SteakTartare
03-07-2014, 08:50 PM
I have done some work in both, albeit at limited levels. If I had to choose one or the other, it would be healthcare. For one thing the industry isn't shrinking. There is some coin to be made, either directly or indirectly, in the field. Find a niche, get yourself ensconced, and the cash will tumble in.

ursell
03-19-2014, 06:38 PM
They always need people for healthcare and you said healthcare. If that is what you think is for you.

mustafayacoob
03-12-2019, 02:53 AM
I think you should start with healthcare. It also makes an important contribution to economic progress, as healthy populations live longer, are more productive, and save more. Many factors influence health status and a country's ability to provide quality health services for its people.

mustafayacoob
03-25-2019, 06:44 AM
My suggestions are, you have to go with healthcare because of growing importance of health care services. The production of goods and services in every sector of the economy has to be realized according to socioeconomic efficiency criteria.

Gynno
03-29-2019, 07:26 AM
To my mind, both Agriculture and Healthcare can give notable profits. It seems that the earnings in each sphere depend mostly on the idea itself. Here's an example of how healthcare can be combined with technologies and total in a successful startup: https://s-pro.io/en/casestudy/hubspringhealth As I've heard the founders have received some funding plus are already selling the app in numerous hospitals. Pretty inspiring!

brainstorm213
05-14-2019, 03:43 AM
Oh, I understand that healthcare has become a part of the business, so it's important to know what drugs to buy and which are placebos. By the way, you can make good money. Here on this site www.imedix.com (https://www.imedix.com) there is an article that tells about such drugs, and you have to choose whether to sell - placebos or drugs that really help people. Furthermore, there is information about food supplements that harm the human body, so it will be useful to know for agribusiness ;)

JSturgell
09-05-2019, 11:00 AM
Hello there. Agriculture would get my nod as well. There are much fewer strings attached especially if you can weed out markets that the USDA are heavily involved in. This sounds exponentially better when you consider all the various laws you get to dodge in marketing.

emilygrace0
11-15-2019, 02:15 AM
Varies from person to person. After having a outstanding Kinobody results (https://sites.google.com/site/fastestwaytobuildmuscles/kinobody), a popular fitness program kinobody, runs by 24 years old expand his business in health care industry.

alishbasaki
01-17-2021, 11:45 PM
Hello, I'd truly love to end my days with a one leg in the medical services industry and the other in farming. I'm keen on these in light of the fact that there's no denying .

Helen777
01-28-2021, 12:23 PM
I would choose Healthcare. Unfortunately, all people are ill now and then, so working in this sphere might help you become richer. I work with rybelsus Online (https://www.canadadrugsdirect.com/products/rybelsus). This is a medication for people with type 2 diabetes. It works to manage blood sugar levels and functions very differently from similar diabetes medications. Maybe I will change my occupation in the future, but now I'm pleased with my job.

master007
03-26-2021, 01:13 PM
Planting and producing crops is more easier to do than the research based health industry. You can sell organic produce in many ways both with direct contact with your suppliers and with a very good marketing scheme you can even get orders online. Once you have it running well and giving you the income you need, you can then invest in the health care industry which can be of course supported by your agri business.

lishmaliny
04-10-2021, 04:05 AM
The roadmap of Agribusiness can align human biology and modern lifestyles, prevent the spread of non-communicable diseases and harness the power to reduce poverty and hunger. The ecological principles and natural systems of agriculture and farming need careful management to promote health.

nadiasonii
04-21-2021, 03:25 PM
Thanks for sharing