PDA

View Full Version : Blogger vs. Wordpress, which is better?

Ms.mitch28
02-07-2014, 07:07 PM
I see a lot of people online have been creating their own blogs, and I have been curious about blogging. I have seen many different ones but am unsure which is the best one to go with for a beginner. I know it will take some time to try and make some kind of profit. As for now, I will try and experiment to see how good I can get. In the meantime, does anyone use free blogging sites, or did you pay to create your owns? If you do use a free blog, which one is better out of Blogger and Wordpress? Or is there more out there that would be good for beginners?

Taru
02-09-2014, 04:19 PM
I've never used Wordpress, so I can only speak from my experience from using Blogger, which has been a pleasant one. I like it because it's already integrated in with my email and Adsense account, so I don't really have to login to multiple sites anymore. Another good thing is the automatic sign up with Google+ when you sign up with Blogger. I know some people aren't too fond of G+, but I understand that it helps you get into the search results a little when you share your links there. Also, it's easier to get to know other bloggers in the circle when you visit other blogs within the Blogger community and leave comments and participate with them. From my experience, most of the active bloggers are only more than happy to return the favor.

pandandesign
02-09-2014, 08:47 PM
I personally think WordPress is much better because it is easy to use, plus there are a lot of themes and plugins to choose from. I main use WordPress to start my website for my dad's business, and I have found WordPress is very good at creating a basic website. If you want to hose your website on other server, you can go to the self-hosting WordPress in which you can save all the works and host on other site. That way, you won't get controlled by WordPress and you have your own website. I have also found that WordPress is very user-friendly, plus it offers a lot of customizations.

TaraC
02-09-2014, 10:28 PM
If I had to do it all over again and use free blogging software, I would choose Blogger. Blogger is very user friendly and has a less steep learning curve. Also Blogger allows you to use their free service to earn money. The free version of WordPress doesn't allow any commercialization. WordPress will take down your blog if you use it too make money.

JohnSword
02-10-2014, 03:32 AM
I've used both Blogger and Wordpress as free blogging platforms, and each has its pros and cons. If you're looking to monetize your blog with AdSense, then obviously Blogger is the way to go. I would say Blogger is quite user-friendly, since you can easily create and publish a post even if you're a beginner. However, there aren't many themes available. I do use unofficial templates, but Blogger makes it really hard to customize them. Also, it can be buggy at times, especially when it comes to HTML and images.

On the other hand, Wordpress is for someone who's looking for something more customizable. You easily download themes and plugins to give your blog a more professional look. I like Wordpress's interface, as it offers many options that help to improve your user experience. Unfortunately, you are not allowed to add ads to a Wordpress blog. Keep in mind that Wordpress as a content management system for your hosted website and Wordpress as a free-to-use blog are two entirely different things.

DennisChang
02-10-2014, 06:50 AM
If you are using the free blogging platform of wordpress, you are not allowed to insert google ads to monetize your blog. You are able to do so with blogger, or hosting your own blog.

caveman
02-10-2014, 08:28 AM
They're both very good but if I had to choose between the two, it would be blogger. Blogger is very easy to navigate around and is very good for a first time blogger. I used blogger for about 5 years when I was in high school and it was all in all a great experience.

tspires2
02-10-2014, 10:00 AM
I love the options that wordpress has to offer however like everyone says if you use the free option you are not allowed to monetize at all. With Blogger they do allow you and make it very simple to monetize with AdSense. I think if making money is key this could be the best way to get started and start having an income.

sylviakanash
02-10-2014, 11:35 PM
Not long ago I wrote a two-part series about the main differences between a self-hosted blog and the other option of using a “free” blogging service. Opinions were split but there’s no arguing that the two undisputed kings of the free blogging sphere are Google’s Blogger and the content management system-turned-host WordPress.com.

While both offer what every free-thinking democracy-guzzling thought-cannon wants – a place to express themselves – there are some core differences in each service. Both WordPress.com and Blogger are workable free solutions, but which is the right one for you?

educrib
02-11-2014, 03:37 AM
Both are good sites for express our ideas. I think blogger is more easier than wordpress because wordpress contains more complex features.

sdsnook
02-11-2014, 03:45 AM
This is all good to know! I personally use Livejounal! I am not a big blogger, but perhaps I will become one and I think I shall use Blogger. Wordpress is amazing and it is really a good skill set to have, but i just don't want to relearn all of that and it just becomes more and more complex!

derrickadkins1970
02-11-2014, 09:10 AM
Both are really nice, but I chose is a blogger.

fredkawig
02-11-2014, 09:31 AM
I only us blogger which is a good way to start for free. Although I have never paid much attention to it and have missed the opportunity to make money out of it. I think I will try to improve my blog in the near future and when I'm not lazy enough as I am now.

dannyboy
02-12-2014, 01:26 PM
I like both services and i think both are effective, but if i had to choose one, i would go with Blogger because it has been much simpler for me to use.

crimsonghost747
02-14-2014, 04:39 AM
I used to run a blog with blogger. I chose it because it was so simple and fast to set up!

Rainman
02-14-2014, 10:47 PM
IMO Wordpress is much better for SEO. I particularly like their auto-ping feature which notifies search engines each time you post fresh content that your blog has been updated. When using blogger, I had to do that manually. It's time-consuming if you post a lot of articles the way I did back then.

SimplySidy
02-14-2014, 11:56 PM
I see a lot of people online have been creating their own blogs, and I have been curious about blogging. I have seen many different ones but am unsure which is the best one to go with for a beginner. I know it will take some time to try and make some kind of profit. As for now, I will try and experiment to see how good I can get. In the meantime, does anyone use free blogging sites, or did you pay to create your owns? If you do use a free blog, which one is better out of Blogger and Wordpress? Or is there more out there that would be good for beginners?

Free Blogs. Okay. Wordpress and Blogger as you say are the best ones around, no doubt. Blogger on the free blog hosted at Google is better than Wordpress hosted for free. Well, yes, when it comes to managing, Wordpress DOES NOT allow you too many things on the free platform as blogger does and this is definitely the place where Blogger scores more points.

But... when you consider a Hosted environment, there is nothing close to Wordpress. You get the facilities of n-number of plugins which you can use to put - SEO, Adverts and hell lot of things which would benefit your blog. Blogger is limited in number of themes, in number of widgets and what you can do. But when you consider wordpress on an hosted environment, the possibilities are endless and you can get much much more than what you would get on Blogger.

So take my opinion - Opt in for a Wordpress Blog but invest some money to get it Hosted not on the Free Site.

gHiros
02-16-2014, 08:25 PM

If you're just starting out, I'd recommend going with Blogger. Once you build up your blog in Blogger, you can start to monetize it with AdSense and your affiliate products. I believe WordPress.com has strict policies regarding monetizing your blog, and I'm not sure if you can use AdSense or even advertise your affiliate products in WordPress.com. If you want to scale up your business, then you'll need to move from Blogger and use a paid blogging platform, like WordPress.org. Using a self-hosted blogging platform will give you more freedom and flexibility as your business expands.

Good Luck!

jubvman
02-18-2014, 01:39 AM
Never used any of them but from what I can gather, they both seem like decent platforms. Anyway, if you're serious about blogging you should probably purchase a domain name and hosting. Looks much more professional and you'll have more freedom and customization options :D

Cd2 Solutions
02-25-2014, 03:32 AM
it depends on how technical you are. if you have some technical knowledge, you can get a cheap VPS (virtual private server) for as little as 4.50 ($7 i believe) a month, and put wordpress on that, but it would require configuration.

another option is a managed hosting service. this will cost a little more, but you can get it configured for you and maintenance tasks are done for you.

shared hosting is ok for a start, and can be EXTREMELY cheap, but you are at the peril of forced configuration. you would at least get control of wordpress though.

then there are the 'free' hosted versions of blogger and wordpress that others have covered rather well.

personally, nothing can beat an unmanaged VPS, for flexibility, low cost and reliability, and that makes wordpress the superior option.

broadwaylady57
02-25-2014, 11:15 AM
I've personally found Blogger to be very hard to work with as compared to Wordpress. You get more customization (for free at least) with Blogger, but you also are tied into Google's Adwords. Since I have had technical trouble with Blogger, I would definitely suggest looking into Wordpress. It has a steeper learning curve, but your overall site will look better as a beginner. Also, remember to buy your domain whichever site you use!

ursell
03-12-2014, 10:51 PM
All I got to say is that I have used both and didn't make money from either one of them.
I think I like wordpress better.

gadgetised
03-13-2014, 01:25 AM
Both are great sites but I would also choose WordPress. If you go with a self hosted WordPress blog, you can add plug ins, themes and more. There is so much to customise. You can create a completely functional website of almost any kind.

Steven patterson
10-08-2015, 06:10 AM
Both are good sites. But I Proffered Blogger because its really easy to customized.

Mylaunchkits
10-09-2015, 05:57 PM
Well I'm new here and I have kind of my own vested interest in this answer but most of my clients use and prefer wordpress. There is a bit more of a learning curve with it but once you learn it they're really good about keeping things as un-changed as possible in newer versions.

putlocker
10-16-2015, 01:44 AM
wordpress is best..

seoglobaladmedia
10-16-2015, 06:56 AM
Hi,
Both are good, but my word to say wordpress is better then blogger it give good result.

maryannfarrugia
10-22-2015, 07:52 PM
Well i prefer WordPress, for me it's easy to make blog or website because there's a ready made templates. I just need to edit codes rather the css to design it. The CMS of WordPress is easy to use and handy.

Danielnchen
11-05-2015, 12:15 AM
I prefer WordPress becose its easy than blogger.

campbelljof
11-18-2015, 12:54 AM
Hi,

Personally I like to a blogger but both the terms are near about have equal reputation.

djone
12-16-2015, 05:25 AM
Both are equal if you know how to use them. Ycan get better plugins option into wordpress and better crawl and index result into blogger. As per user interface, people major chose wordpress first. So i suggest you to choose what you really like to share your posts or blog.

Trentbolt
12-18-2015, 07:29 AM
I like WordPress anyways is my first choice.

Trentbolt
12-18-2015, 07:30 AM
Both are equal if you know how to use them. Ycan get better plugins option into wordpress and better crawl and index result into blogger. As per user interface, people major chose wordpress first. So i suggest you to choose what you really like to share your posts or blog.

Actually you're right! I have same opinion using wordpress. It's really easy to choice better plugin option.

manogua
01-17-2016, 02:09 AM
I've never used Wordpress, so I can only speak from my experience from using Blogger, which has been a pleasant one. I like it because it's already integrated in with my email and Adsense account, so I don't really have to login to multiple sites anymore. Another good thing is the automatic sign up with Google+ when you sign up with Blogger. I know some people aren't too fond of G+, but I understand that it helps you get into the search results a little when you share your links there. Also, it's easier to get to know other bloggers in the circle when you visit other blogs within the Blogger community and leave comments and participate with them. From my experience, most of the active bloggers are only more than happy to return the favor.

Yes I also have never used Wordpress.

gandu
02-06-2016, 10:03 AM
I would say go with Wordpress. It's the most popular blogging system just because it's so easy to use. Not necessarily the most powerful, but people can get up and running with it usually without needing any training.

badassjoe92
02-11-2016, 11:41 AM
I started out using blogger and then tried to move to more WordPress base blogs. At the end of the day i found that blogger was a lot better. The big thing about blogger is that its free! all you have to do is monetize your site with your own web address. I would get new web addresses via godaddy for .99 cent and make 100 times the money back from my ad revenue. blogger also has a bunch of free web templates that you can just good. whatever type of blog you wanted to make there should be a free template out there. Plus, you can find WordPress style blogger templates" so you get the best of both worlds. I also did a lot of reading about blogging and making revenue from my sites. I read a series of books that actually really helped me.

here are a few books I took the time to read:

1.) How To Make Money Blogging: How I Replaced My Day Job With My Blog (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0989894509?imprToken=1kf-ni5pA45Wxr9aPYVwyg&linkCode=w42&ref_=sm_n_se_dkp_ZZ_e4051_T1_pr_sea_0_0&tag=theweedkingdom-20) by Bob Lotich
547 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0989894509?imprToken=1kf-ni5pA45Wxr9aPYVwyg&linkCode=w42&ref_=sm_n_se_dkp_ZZ_e4051_T1_pr_sea_0_0&tag=theweedkingdom-20)

2.) How to Start a Successful Blog in One Hour (Better Blog Booklets) (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C2CH3MM?imprToken=1kf-ni5pA45Wxr9aPYVwyg&linkCode=w42&ref_=sm_n_se_dkp_ZZ_e4051_T1_pr_sea_0_3&tag=theweedkingdom-20) by Steve Scott
548 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C2CH3MM?imprToken=1kf-ni5pA45Wxr9aPYVwyg&linkCode=w42&ref_=sm_n_se_dkp_ZZ_e4051_T1_pr_sea_0_3&tag=theweedkingdom-20)

3.) Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1118905555?imprToken=1kf-ni5pA45Wxr9aPYVwyg&linkCode=w42&ref_=sm_n_se_dkp_ZZ_e4051_T1_pr_sea_0_2&tag=theweedkingdom-20) by Ann Handley
549 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1118905555?imprToken=1kf-ni5pA45Wxr9aPYVwyg&linkCode=w42&ref_=sm_n_se_dkp_ZZ_e4051_T1_pr_sea_0_2&tag=theweedkingdom-20)

Jackie Chan
02-11-2016, 09:32 PM
Actually it depends according to your needs what do you actually want to do. Both are equally important and effective for his own side. So first think your and research about your work. That will be better.

Jackie Chan
02-11-2016, 09:34 PM
I would say go with Wordpress. It's the most popular blogging system just because it's so easy to use. Not necessarily the most powerful, but people can get up and running with it usually without needing any training.

Agree WordPress is easy to use and lot's of plugin can easily found for WordPress. But you can't do other task what is possible using Joomla. So they are different in work. And for this I suggest to use according to the working demand.

McGroove
02-12-2016, 04:01 AM
actually both are best but my vote goes to WordPress bcz it supports many free seo tools

ronniewill
05-25-2016, 06:47 AM
WordPress is a better option than Blogger

domnick
06-28-2016, 02:17 AM
In my point of view Blogger is best and nice choice, because it's free of cost, no difficulties to use.

hawkinspalmy
07-15-2016, 03:01 AM
i personally like blogger in blogger you get a dense very fast and customized easly ....

maryannfarrugia
08-12-2016, 01:37 AM
Well just a heads up for this topic if you will ask me or want me to choose whether blogger of wordpress, Ill gladly choose wordpress because wordpress has plugins features. When you want to edit a template you can easily edit and fix some codes and design it with the way you want it. WordPress has also great premium themes that you can use whether its for ecommerce, marketing etc.

chinomoreno
08-29-2016, 11:10 PM
Both platforms are user friendly, but I highly recommend wordpress for blogging. Blogger isn't updated anymore plus with wordpress you can have a hands on experience on building the overall structure of your blog site.

Dynadot
08-30-2016, 07:33 PM
Wordpress allows you more freedom when it comes to designing your blog, but it also has it's issues. Namely, it is more likely to get hacked, especially when plugins aren't kept-up-to-date. There was a big issue with this a few years ago, so it's something to be aware of (more info: https://www.dynadot.com/community/blog/2013/04/wordpress-global-attack.html). Blogger is more restrictive on design, but it does have an easy-to-use platform that anyone can create a blog on pretty quickly.

That being said, why limit yourself to just these two options? There are plenty of website builders out there that offer the ease of Blogger with the freedom of Wordpress and, though prices may vary, most are inexpensive, if not free. Best of luck!

smartkpis
01-15-2017, 02:52 AM
Blogger and Wordpress are two amazing sites to start a blog site. Personally, I prefer Blogger, but Wordpress is also a great site to write your article. Wordpress also lets you have your own domain as well which creates access of your own self-made website. Overall, I think both sites are great.

I also suggest Tumblr and Instagram, as those two sites are much "in" than Blogger and Wordpress. Although Instagram only allows pictures, you can also have your articles uploaded in the description box. These two sites, I believe, are much easier and more popular.

Good luck!
Smartkpis