PDA

View Full Version : Scentsy Independent Consultant Looking For Advertising Advice

nicolefiore90
02-07-2014, 09:13 PM
Hello,
My name is Nicole Wolnik and I am trying to look into another way to reach out to customers. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas? I have a facebook/ twitter account with over 300 "likes" but I am looking to take that to the next level. I saw some users mention of ads in the yellow pages but what else could I do to get my name out there and info about the products Scentsy has to offer? Maybe a flyer of sorts? TIA! :D

lifeliveson
02-09-2014, 11:30 AM
A flyer could work.. Word of mouthis great .. Maybe offer a referral bonus for already customers referring new ones .. A blog following your journey has done very well for me. Tradeshows do really really well here and don't cost a lot to do here .. Handing out business cards makes a huge difference at those shows. I find anyone I know that does them may cost 20$ for a booth but they sell out of products and get their name out there. Possibilities are endless. There are also websites that allow you to make free newsletters.. If you made those and got a solid email list that would be great

nicolefiore90
02-09-2014, 05:22 PM
Thank you lifeliveson!! Good idea! The referral bonus is a good idea or in my case a free bar referral bonus around those lines! Thank you so much.

her27
02-09-2014, 06:06 PM
I owned a residential cleaning business a few years back and I used fliers. I think that fliers are not only one of the best ways to advertise, but one of the cheapest also. I used to create great looking fliers in Microsoft Word; both black and white, and colored fliers, then take them in to Office Max, Office Depot, or one of these places and have at least 500 fliers printed out.

Once I did this, I went to areas where I really wanted to advertise my business and one area in particular had boxes for fliers and such underneath the mail boxes; so you can have someone ride along and place the fliers in those boxes while you're driving and you can get them handed out in no time.

I got more business from fliers than with any other type of advertising and I knew this because I would ask potential customer's when they called how they heard of my business and most of them called off of the fliers, so they do work!

nicolefiore90
02-09-2014, 06:33 PM
Thank you so much! This is great advise! I was also thinking about maybe getting a phone book and mailing out fliers to those in my area?

levis_88
02-10-2014, 05:10 PM
i think that's a great idea! a logo as well can help you get noticed, i mean with all those well-known businesses, they use logo to create identity.

delusional
02-11-2014, 03:41 AM
I would also use flyers. Yellow Pages isn't useful if you want to get your products out there. Actually, Yellow Pages is not useful at all. It's just an outdated medium to market your business. People only use it to light fires.

sdsnook
02-11-2014, 05:00 AM
Hi Nicole!

You stated that you have a Facebook page, have you thought to do online parties. We just did a couple and were most successful. You can also, create ads with your FB page and target your audience right down to your block! Definitely, have business cards I think vista still gives out the first 250 free and I have seen several booths at fundraising events and the like. Mainly, just talk and talk and talk! Good luck!!

nicolefiore90
02-11-2014, 02:59 PM
Thank you sdsnook! I do have online parties my issue is finding the people to have them. I am working on a flyer and hopefully that will get me where I need to be :)

Taru
02-11-2014, 05:10 PM
If you have the budget for flyers, I'd suggest just re-allocating that money onto giving free giveaways to people. You could just make them do certain actions to qualify, and those actions can be anything as long as they provide enough publicity for you such as re-tweeting and sharing your page, etc. You could also get in touch with a handful of bloggers with related content and provide the giveaways through their channels. This way, you can tap into a completely different audience set and therefore expand your range.

levis_88
02-12-2014, 11:17 AM
a website will do good on your business people can search your business and see your services on their phone.

pahagwl
02-23-2014, 08:38 AM
I would recommend you to start advertising on facebook itself if you want to increase the number of likes for your facebook page. I would also advise you to put up billboards in various places in order to create an identity in the outside world. You could also advertise on websites and blogs in order to increase your customer base.