PDA

View Full Version : Where do you find your employees?

Spiff
02-08-2014, 03:51 AM
I am curious. I know a couple people who are looking for a job at the moment. How good, really, are sites like careerbuilder, monster, ect.? I personally don't know anyone who has ever found a job on any of these sites. I have a Linkedin account, but I'm not really sure how one could find a job on there either. I have gotten all of my jobs simply from 'knowing someone who knows someone'. To me, this is very important and it's good to make a lot of friends with a lot of different people so they can recommend you! Also, if people come into your company in person to apply, does that give them a chance better then applying to the internet does? When I start my internet business, I'm going to need a couple employees myself and I need to know the best place to find them. I have a couple people in mind, but what if my company grows in size? Tell me what you all think.

Taru
02-09-2014, 05:47 PM
One of the more popular ways to gain employees in our area is to rent booths at job fairs. I've had many friends who had success in finding a job just by attending these expos, and I also am friends with a few bosses that participated in these events as employers. If it's online, I think your best bet would be to sign up and put up an ad on your local listings. LinkedIn and other similar sites, I think, are a little more broad, so you might have a bit more luck being a little more specific in terms of location based listings.

pandandesign
02-09-2014, 07:20 PM
There are a lot of ways to find employees without having to pay a lot of money in advertisement like that. Both social medias and newspapers are very good ways to look for employees. You can also wrote a note and post by the door saying that you're looking for employees that way, which is what I have done in the past, and I have found it is quite helpful. Another way would be word of mouth, which I have also found that is quite helpful as well. About the job sites, I don't usually use them and have found the least preferred way to find employees.

mikelouis
02-09-2014, 07:47 PM
It will depend on the company and the available positions that needs to be filled. These days most companies prefer to use recruiting agencies because they do not have time to condut interviews. It is from the recruiting agencies that the workers are submitted to the company for further evaluations. I also think that if you also know someone who knows someone, it will work for your advantage.

delusional
02-10-2014, 05:14 AM
Alumni networks, LinkedIn, mouth-to-mouth, ... I can also talk to someone at my previous university and ask if he has some interesting students that might suit my needs. Also jobfairs, spontaneous solicitation, ...

DomDom
02-10-2014, 03:47 PM
The best employees sometimes were people that I knew from before. It was easy because I knew them and knew what to expect from them (the level of creativity, drive). It all depends on what kind of work do you need done though. Sometimes it can eb as easy as posting an online job vacation offer on some websites.

fredkawig
02-11-2014, 10:25 AM
Finding employees who are trustworthy, loyal, honest and friendly are the most important employees you could ever find. Trustworthy and honest to do your biddings knowing they won't steal from you and take advantage of your business when you're gone. Loyal so that they won't back-stab you and go to competitors and such. Friendly since they will have to offer customers their services and other personal and public relations.

Spiff
02-11-2014, 03:17 PM
Finding employees who are trustworthy, loyal, honest and friendly are the most important employees you could ever find. Trustworthy and honest to do your biddings knowing they won't steal from you and take advantage of your business when you're gone. Loyal so that they won't back-stab you and go to competitors and such. Friendly since they will have to offer customers their services and other personal and public relations.How would you find these type of people? To me, these are the least important type of employees for people starting an internet business. I need people who are really dependable, self-motivated, and can get things done in a timely matter. Sure, they need to be friendly and nice to an extent, but really I believe that the type of company is really important when you decide what type of employees to hire. Also, when interviewing a person, I don't think there is ever going to be a way to tell someone's personality and whether or not they are trustworthy. You can tell from calling past employers, I suppose. But I think that it's really hard to determine who's honest and friendly just from an interview, versus who is more hardworking, and from the achievements they have accomplished and the situations that they have been through.

Francisco23
02-11-2014, 05:56 PM
Well, I thought you were dealing specifically with finding employees. The classified section of the newspaper would be a good place to start asking for them. However, I see that you are looking for online jobs yourself. You have to type that into google. Don't ask about "making money online". Try "telecommuting job" or "work at home jobs". I hope I didn't misinterpret your question. Anyhow, people are on monster.com and careerbuilder in genuine need of a job.

dannyboy
02-11-2014, 07:01 PM
I basically used a lot of social media platform to attract employees and i also handed out flyers at a lot of job fairs. It was pretty effective for me. At the job fairs, i was able to interact with different people and really get to know them a little bit.

CSomm
02-13-2014, 12:19 PM
While there a few illegitimate websites out there for job availability, most of them (career builder, monster, etc.) are very real options for job seekers and job posters alike. One thing I've learned from experience is that Craigslist will likely get you way more resumes than you can handle---and may not be from very experienced candidates. It's very useful, therefore, if you want to meet a lot of candidates and are willing to train, but I'd stick to more regimented services if you are looking to screen out candidates prior to the interview.

basmae
02-19-2014, 04:43 AM
I usually advertise on Gumtree or Seek.com. I tend to receive many applications from these two websites which is fantastic. Otherwise I tend to make it very known to any clients or people around me that I'm looking to hire someone for my business.

angelicagapit
02-23-2014, 04:22 AM
We find it difficult to find employees because it's very hard for our family to trust people.

We usually find our employees through referrals. Our uncle gives us good employees that work efficiently and very flexible in terms of working hours.

We usually hire people who are friends of friends.

jptrey06
02-23-2014, 04:38 AM
We own a family business so we dont really hire anybody but there is a lot of online job search out there. If you live in North America, Craigslist, Kijiji, indeed, and those kinds of websites are probably the most popular choice. Dont bother with newspaper classified ads, i dont think its effective really.
Online is definitely the best way and it will give you more options to choose from.

autograph
02-23-2014, 08:49 AM
Posting online advertisement seems to attract most of the job seekers. Another thing you can do is by setting up a booth during career fairs. You could even conduct a quick interview to filter through the applicants. Since you get to talk to them face-to-face, you can get a rough idea about the candidate before offering them a real interview.

sofieb529
02-23-2014, 10:50 AM
As most of my hiring is for one-time work I have used Craiglist. So its not the most attractive site, its simple and gets the job done. I haven't had any problems with this site or the people I have hired off of it.

alec
04-02-2014, 04:36 PM
Most businesses around here recruit new employees by using online job posting sites. You simply add your CV then wait for a call that may or may not happen. Another great idea, probably better than online postings, is to hire people that are recommended by other employees. A few business owners I know had great success with this method and managed to find trustworthy employees.

sweetkymom
04-02-2014, 10:39 PM
I have found a couple of jobs through Indeed. The platform lists the jobs and requirements. You apply for the job. A lot of people actually use job sites like this.

forextraspecialstuff
04-02-2014, 10:43 PM
I have a very small business and have only hired 4 employees over the years, but I have always only dealt with referrals from fellow small business owners. After working in retail for years, prior to joining the corporate world and then starting my own business, I saw so much nonsense go on I really don't think I could hire someone that didn't have a reference from someone I know and trust. Does anyone else feel this way? If I decided to go the route of finding my employees online I think I would post on Craigslist, you will receive a ton of applications but I think it is a chance to find a diamond in the rough candidate.

loraanna
04-03-2014, 01:17 PM
A great place to find freelance work is Odesk.com You can find all kinds of jobs there. Customer Service, Writing, Email Response, and a ton of other things.
You just need to create a profile take a few tests, load your resume and then start applying for jobs. I work with them all the time. It's a great way to supplement your income and add some variety to your workday.

stacyje
04-03-2014, 01:21 PM
We use job fairs and we advertise in the newspapers whenever we have an opening. I like the job fair cause you get to interact with others and most of them come prepared with the resumes and ready to talk.

Bryan Cassidy
04-03-2014, 01:48 PM
I suggest talking with the alumni relations department at the top schools in your area. I didn't use these while I was a student but after I graduated I found out that they provide career services for alumni that have already graduated. I heard stories from them about how they have helped anyone from recent grads to c-level executives.

They will help you with a posting on the career website as well as match you with candidates that are a good match for the position. Not sure if/how much this costs for a potential employer since I was on the other side but I found them to be extremely helpful (I went to a large state school with a great business program).

jesslee
07-22-2014, 01:15 AM
One can find the employees by many ways.Job fairs and advertisement may help you to recruit employees but the recruitment agencies are becoming popular in this process.The companies make contacts with these agencies and take the interviews of their suggested employees.

harshana123
12-25-2015, 06:13 AM
I can give a tip for that Please refer my blog I think, you can get new idea . Please comment your idea for this blog.
http://businesit.blogspot.com/

Malik Suleman
12-28-2015, 03:42 PM
craigslist is the best way

omdata2015
01-10-2016, 12:44 AM
Some job sites like naukri, monster are good and having a good record of placing people to some companies and getting job from their portal. However, finding an right employee and managing employee issues are tough task sometimes. Many times you end up with a wrong person, chances that you hire a person and after few days you found him not actually capable to perform the task or has many issues like health, leaves, low performance, irregularity and so on. This is why many smart business owners avoid these issues by simply outsourcing their task to a third party companies and get a final output.

melleigha
02-26-2016, 05:02 PM
Considering I hire short time for my projects, I use sites like Upwork and Fiverr.

nicolealipford123
03-04-2016, 07:42 AM
U are in the right way

oner789
03-06-2016, 08:13 PM
Since you are looking forward this to happen, I highly recommend you to be part of Odesk community since from there you can find freelancers who are trustworthy and actually thats all over the world.

sharansingh
07-22-2016, 02:51 PM
Most of time I found employees online. If nothing found then local advertisement help me a lot to found new employees.

MediaSeekers
08-14-2016, 06:34 PM
I found a great website called Media Seekers.
I think it's new website but this job board is very helpful!

www.mediaseekers.com

It's a niche job board connecting business with social media professionals and social media pros with top companies.

It looks awesome!

You should check it out! www.MediaSeekers.com

laurenflo
08-22-2016, 06:59 PM
I am curious. I know a couple people who are looking for a job at the moment. How good, really, are sites like careerbuilder, monster, ect.? I personally don't know anyone who has ever found a job on any of these sites. I have a Linkedin account, but I'm not really sure how one could find a job on there either. I have gotten all of my jobs simply from 'knowing someone who knows someone'. To me, this is very important and it's good to make a lot of friends with a lot of different people so they can recommend you! Also, if people come into your company in person to apply, does that give them a chance better then applying to the internet does? When I start my internet business, I'm going to need a couple employees myself and I need to know the best place to find them. I have a couple people in mind, but what if my company grows in size? Tell me what you all think.

In my experience careerbuilder and monster are not as successful as Indeed and LinkedIn. If you are looking for jobs on LinkedIn there is a section near the top that says jobs and allows you to search for openings in your area. Always research the company as well to make sure they are legitimate. I have also found that Glassdoor has great insight from current and former employees on how the pros and cons of the company and positions within the company. In finding employees I highly recommend using LinkedIn and Indeed. I currently work with a company that helps small businesses such as yourself with the entire hiring process. WE help with everything from job posting to background checks,setting up the interviews as well as providing all forms necessary. Hope this information is helpful. If you have any further questions feel free to reach out :)

ppi4321
12-10-2016, 02:24 AM
To recruit the new eployee, placement agencies may be better option. Placement agencies can sugesst apprreopriate candidate as per requirement.

Azumi93
01-11-2017, 01:05 PM

Putting a "careers" page in your website also goes a long way. That's how I found my previous job in my local town. Went to their website and applied.

Azumi93
01-11-2017, 02:23 PM
To recruit the new eployee, placement agencies may be better option. Placement agencies can sugesst apprreopriate candidate as per requirement.

Stay away from them. I have spoken to a lot of IT recruiters and they have no idea of programming so they spend the interview asking you completely unrelated questions until THEY decide you suck because they didnt like the answer to "If you a bird, where will you fly"

mrseanclerc
01-16-2017, 10:19 PM
You simply add your CV then wait for a call that may or may not happen. Another great idea, probably better than online postings, is to hire people that are recommended by other employees.

TheDogLine
01-19-2017, 08:58 AM
In our area, we use jobstreet or create facebook page to find possible employees. The best option is to promote your job opening to different social media sites and forums. In this way, you will be sure that you are choosing the best candidate there is. Limiting your scope in finding your employees will also limit your choices. So, expand your horizon in finding for the right employee.

cdevos
01-19-2017, 02:21 PM
I am really intrigued by the "Science of Attracting Talent" as Indeed calls it and I've put together some tips on reaching out to people with job opportunities but there are a ton of other things you can do as well. Basically outline: why your company is a good one to work for, what the benefits are, and what the opportunities are in the position and then if it is an attractive enough proposition and you post it where these people are you should have know trouble lining up a few interviews.

I wrote a blog post called:
5 Ways to Attract IT Talent in Competitive Markets (https://www.resolutets.com/attract-it-talent-in-competitive-markets) and the tips could be applied to most industries.

Here is the TL;DR summary if you don't have time to read the whole post (they start from free to low-cost to higher-costs):

1. Increase the Visibility of Your Job Post
* post job to your website and promote on social media
* post job opportunity to job boards
* post job opportunities to relevant industry associations
* post job opportunity to freelance communities

2. Offer Staff Referral Bonuses
* reward good staff refferals (this only works if you already have employees - not sure if you're looking for more or your first ones)
* cheaper than a recruiter

3. Start a Student Program
* good long term strategy
* build loyalty early on
* partner with colleges/universities

4. Outsource Your Needs or Look Into Staff Augmentation
* find a trusted service provider with a good track record
* let them fill the need so you can focus on your business
* not great long term strategy if you want to build your own team

5. Hiring a Recruiter
* can be costly but can help you find good senior people
* if you have the time, use LinkedIn Recruiter's tool

Hope some of these tips help! Also couldn't figure out list formatting if that option exists.

axpertjobs
10-12-2017, 09:57 AM
Finding the perfect employee is difficult. So there no confirmation that you would get the right job applicant. What I would suggest is try all possible ways like Free job posting sites, get employee referrals and also get access to CV database.

jainsonsindia
11-13-2017, 01:00 AM
Linked In offers a very nice platform if you are specifically building relations to find jobs in future. job portals also help as most of the employers depend on them to look out for
candidates.

emilygilbert
02-26-2018, 07:53 AM
Hi,
There are a lot of online portals from where you can hire employees like Monster, Quickbooks etc.
You can also hire employees from social media accounts like LinkedIn etc.
Thanks!!

Hicinko
06-06-2018, 05:58 AM
There are many platforms on which you can list your profile like naukri, times job, monster, indeed and there are many other platforms as well.

Jasonaldean
06-19-2018, 11:59 AM
I want job at Newyork city USA.

tempsocial12
06-20-2018, 07:18 AM
Well for me, the linkedIn has always worked. For LinkedIn i guess the main point is to have a good network in your niche. Also, you need to be active and problem solving on this particular forum. This helps in building relationship and showcasing your talent.
On the other hand these 3rd party recruitment agencies also helps in finding you a great job. I have had a good recruitment https://temp-team.dk/ expereince with this site.

karenbubblegum
06-28-2018, 06:28 AM
What's your region?
LinkedIN is global, but it's mostly for young professionals, or established specialists.
If you're looking, for example, for a cleaning lady, a local website would be better. Or even word of mouth.

karenbubblegum
06-28-2018, 06:29 AM
What's your region?
LinkedIN is global, but it's mostly for young professionals, or established specialists.
If you're looking, for example, for a cleaning lady, a local website would be better. Or even word of mouth.

sharifyar2
07-01-2018, 05:01 AM
I had such problem.thank you for helpful suddections.
. (http://sharifyar.org)

Bizarreos
08-01-2018, 09:31 AM
Has any of you tried lead prospecting? I've found an article here (https://www.oxyleads.com/blog/business-insights/most-in-demand-positions-2018/) and this seems interesting. Something more modern than headhunting or recruiting.

The Boss Life
08-02-2018, 04:08 PM
Yeah It does seem it's all about knowing someone, and networking your way into the door...

You should try all of the above for recruiting. What type of business are you in?

dpkmlm
08-04-2018, 06:13 AM
there are many website available to find and hire employees like naukri, times job, monster, indeed and you can also share your requirements on Facebook groups...

deanwinchester1
09-13-2018, 01:38 AM
Work Email Isn't Private. Emails sent or received through a company email account are generally not considered private. ... However, even if your employer doesn't have this type of written email policy, it still probably has the legal right to read employee email messages transmitted through company accounts.

deanwinchester2
09-15-2018, 12:32 AM
Show your trust. The first sure way to motivate and inspire your employees is to demonstrate that you have faith in their abilities to get the job done. ...
Incentivize with a prize. ...
Invest in your employees. ...
Give them a purpose. ...
Include them in the big decisions.

osmanvielma
09-27-2018, 01:42 PM
Getting along with co-workers is very important. Respect for the other is very important. In fact, the most important thing is to get along with each other. To be like real friends. When you are in the company of nice people everything is possible and the heavy loads become lighter.

Hello everyone. This is my first message in this forum. I am looking for interesting people to know and maybe to establish some business relationships, and why not, some friendship as well.

If you need any help with computer related tasks and / or the internet, you can count on me.

I have a lot of free time and a desire to meet new people.

I wish you a happy day :)

johnsmith9200
10-01-2018, 03:42 AM
Respect is one of the most important qualities in a workplace. Mutual respect means better communication, higher morale, and greater conductivity to teamwork and long-lasting professional relationships. Without respect, no organization can remain standing for long.

mdmahoon
10-01-2018, 05:54 AM
I mostly have find my employees from online platforms. Online platforms gives you flexability and as mostly people use these platforms so there are many chances of finding ne employees...

Simi123
10-10-2018, 10:13 PM
Most of time I found employees online. If nothing found then local advertisement help me a lot to found new employees.

Rachel Ross
10-16-2018, 06:44 AM
I am find my employees on my website. I created my account on job search sites so I am also looking there and call for interview who have good skills and knowledge.

davidsmith0143
10-30-2018, 01:22 AM
One of the more popular ways to gain employees in our area is to rent booths at job fairs. I've had many friends who had success in finding a job just by attending these expos, and I also am friends with a few bosses that participated in these events as employers.

Jasonaldean
10-30-2018, 12:10 PM
Thanks for sharing this post. I also need some employees for the business. This post is very helpful for me.

Rachel Ross
10-31-2018, 07:01 AM
First i am create the account on different different job portal sites and then post my job on that. Advertise gives on news papers. Call the candidate personally.

dabitkot
11-02-2018, 01:01 PM
I also use social media websites to find out the right person. But freelacing market place is also a good idea.

Jasonaldean
11-05-2018, 12:13 PM
You shared such a great information. Thanks for sharing this, Please keep sharing such post.

dabitkot
11-06-2018, 11:31 AM
Thank you so much. For the beautiful views.

Victoriategg9520
11-22-2018, 05:39 AM
As a manager, you need to invest time (and money) in developing your employee's skills. Here are ten ways to help your employees grow.

aileensoul
12-25-2018, 08:24 AM
According to me job sites do well in getting employees. Most of people use job portals to find job so posting on portals can provide you benefits. Following are some top portals to invest your time.

1. Indeed
2. Monster.com
3. Aileensoul Recruiter Profile (https://www.aileensoul.com/recruiter)
4. LinkedIn
5. CareerBuilder

Ryan Reynold
01-04-2019, 05:55 AM
As a manager, you need to invest time (and money) in developing your employee's skills. Here are ten ways to help your employees grow.