PDA

View Full Version : Nap- caffe ?

DomDom
02-10-2014, 02:49 PM
So I had an idea about a caffe where you could come and nap. Basically it would be like a regular coffee shop, drinks, coffee, cookies etc.

The main thing I would do though is make the chairs/sofas into beds around tables. It would be like a caffe where you can relax have a drink and nap if you have a lunch break and are feeling pretty tired. This would ofcourse have to be in a good business area where you can find alot of customers who would use a daily nap. We would have a service where you could be waken up at the time you need. We would have some kind of sleep limit as well.

What do you guys think ?

oregano
02-11-2014, 01:48 AM
You would definitely need to put a strict time limit on people's naps - just remember that while they're sleeping they're not spending any money on food or drinks! Or perhaps you could charge by the hour, or per 15 minute block, for naptime. It might be a bit tricky to calculate, though, unless you had separate napping alcoves. I expect there are places like this in Japan, but I'm not sure what their business model looks like.

sdsnook
02-11-2014, 02:12 AM
I LOVE this idea! How to nap with that fresh aroma though?! Maybe you could have these little nap cloves made so you can only smell calming aromas such as lavender or vanilla. I would so go to work if I could take a little cat nap down at the local coffee shop!! There is so much you could do with that even perhaps have a Hookah bar within it as well!! You would be most popular!

DomDom
02-11-2014, 05:47 PM
I LOVE this idea! How to nap with that fresh aroma though?! Maybe you could have these little nap cloves made so you can only smell calming aromas such as lavender or vanilla. I would so go to work if I could take a little cat nap down at the local coffee shop!! There is so much you could do with that even perhaps have a Hookah bar within it as well!! You would be most popular!

Thanks for the aroma idea, its pretty good. I agree with you guys the model is the most important thing. I want to attract customers but someone using my caffee as a free hostel isnt a good idea. Do you think customers would be turned away by the charge for sleeping per alloted time ?

caveman
02-12-2014, 12:35 PM
Oh my god! I LOVE this idea. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. I'd like to be your first customer please. I hope the sleep limit will be at least 3 hours :P Maybe you could also have books or magazines. I love falling asleep with a book. Just a thought. :)

DomDom
02-12-2014, 03:41 PM
Oh my god! I LOVE this idea. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. I'd like to be your first customer please. I hope the sleep limit will be at least 3 hours :P Maybe you could also have books or magazines. I love falling asleep with a book. Just a thought. :)

Really? Thanks guys, keep up the good ideas coming. I think it would be best to put in an area where there are alot of business people.

DomDom
02-14-2014, 11:38 AM
I would maybe add some good food to it but I am afraid people might start mistaking it for a motel or a hotel! :D

angelicagapit
02-19-2014, 12:25 AM
This is a very unique idea, and I like it. I think you need to promote your business' safety. You need to prove that you can sleep safely there without any theft. Another idea is you can allow your customers to set reservations beforehand. You can market this concept brilliantly, for it's a whole new idea, it seems fun, and you found your whole Unique Selling Proposition which helps distinguish your business from other caffe's. Good luck on your business!

delusional
02-19-2014, 07:49 AM
I think there are some limitations to this idea. I'll just ask questions for you to think about:
- Do people really want to be in an open area when they are taking a nap?
- Do people trust other people to not do anything strange with them when taking a nap?
- If you provide napping booths, won't people try to sneak in with 2 and do things you don't want them to?
- How will you wake people without waking the rest?
- How will you make your money?

I think these are questions you need answered before continuing.

crimsonghost747
02-26-2014, 06:30 AM
I like the originality of this idea!

However, you would have to have some more private area for napping... I don't think many people would want to sleep in the middle of a busy cafe, especially if these people are working in the business sector. Might not be ideal for their client to sit down for a coffee and seeing these people snoring in a public place. Comfy chairs for the coffee, and a separate area for sleeping.

crimsonghost747
02-26-2014, 06:34 AM
Ohh, expanding on that separate area for both system.

1. These sleeping areas would probably have to be rented out. Which would pretty much make it like a hostel where "rooms" can be rented for a very short duration. If they are proper beds, you'd probably need to change the sheets etc after each visitor.

2. There might be some demand during lunch hour, but what about the rest of the day? This kind of an arrangement would probably take quite a lot of space and would be empty for most of the time.

Taru
03-06-2014, 04:46 AM
It sounds a little bit complicated for my taste, honestly, and I'm not sure if there would be a high demand for such a place, but of course I could be wrong. Like I said, I think it sounds a bit too complex in that you'd have to worry about both food and sleeping areas and equipment which entails keeping up with the sanitation and maintenance standards of both, in which case you might as well be running a small hotel or spa, but it might be viable if you can keep it simple enough. I'd recommend looking into how the Japanese do it if you really want to pursue this, since they already have something fairly similar. I think it only works for them because of something unique in their work culture, though, and I'm not sure it will work in many other countries, but again, I could be wrong. Anyway, that's just my opinion. Good luck!

fredkawig
03-06-2014, 10:03 AM
It could be good but Coffee and other drinks that keep you awake is not a good idea. You should sell tea which help you sleep like chamomile or other not so strong scented teas that help stimulate sleep. Try snacks that are not too messy too.

strokeontent
03-08-2014, 10:01 AM
Congratulations on the innovative idea. Let me just point out a few things though.

If you're serving drinks, coffee, etc. there will probably be noise from coffee machines, crockery, people passing by with drinks, every now and then a glass will fall on the floor. I don't think people would be able to nap comfortably under these circumstances.

Also, when people sleep they don't really control what they're doing, so you can expect a lot of snoring and the occasional fart, which in my opinion would put off a lot of people.

I think you're on to something here, but maybe lose the cafe part and focus on the naps. As someone stated, you can always create individual bunks, but then you would have the problem of people doing stuff other than just sleeping. I wouldn't mind paying for a place to take a nap during my lunch break, but it would need to be a clean and quiet place.

alec
03-13-2014, 05:20 AM
This reminds me of those oriental themed places with pillows all over the place were nice ambient music plays all the time and you can smoke hookah. Haven't been to one but from what my friends told me you could sleep there also. Now one thing I don't really know how you'd go about is the time a customer is allowed to sleep. Maybe renting place by the hour? Or maybe based on the purchase they make?

Anyway, this is a really good business idea in my opinion and could work out nicely since it sounds like a novelty.