PDA

View Full Version : How/where to find business partner or investor?

Kteabc
02-11-2014, 03:47 AM
Where is the best place to find a business partner? Is there a right or wrong way to do it!
How do you find investors for a business?
I have a great idea that is already booming in other places, just not where I am yet. No one I know is into it or has the means to be a part of it.

owesem75
02-11-2014, 03:45 PM
There is a new social media like platform that is going to be launched around March 2014. It is called NEURS - http://owesem75 (dot) neurs (dot) net/l/en - you can check this site (change the "dot" with the dot of course) and watch the video to know more information about it.

But simply to say, this new platform aims to connect entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs around the world where you will find some ideas, learn from the experiences of success businessmen or who knows, you will be able to find the kind of investor who would be willing to support and finance your project.

You just have to be confident about your venture and one day, you will find yourself achieving your business goals.

Taru
02-20-2014, 01:03 AM
It may be easier to find an investor than a partner, in my opinion, but that's not to say that finding an investor is easy. I think finding partners is tricky because you'd need to find someone you could work with, whereas an investor would only need to funnel in money to your business which can be done remotely depending on your agreed terms and conditions. That said, finding a business partner is still possible, but you'd have to look for it through already established businesses and you can just start judging how they run things from there and hopefully they will be up for adding another venture to their belt.

As for investors, all you really would need to convince a knowledgeable investor would be paperwork and statistics, for the most part. If you can show the potential investor that what you built can profit and will sustain, then it won't take that much convincing beyond that, but it's important to come to them with findings and well executed experiments with positive results instead of just ideas.

gadgetised
02-20-2014, 03:44 AM
Start with coworkers, friends and family. People you can trust. Then look elsewhere. You could even post an ad and interview people if necessary. The internet is also a great resource for finding people. Try social networks.

tspires2
02-26-2014, 09:10 AM
I would agree with the above, especially if the amount needed is not substantial! Stick to people you know and already trust, anyone can tell you what you want to hear and they may or may not actually bring it to the table! Just be careful and make sure you know what you are getting before you dive in!

Taru
03-04-2014, 05:30 AM
I would agree with the above, especially if the amount needed is not substantial! Stick to people you know and already trust, anyone can tell you what you want to hear and they may or may not actually bring it to the table! Just be careful and make sure you know what you are getting before you dive in!

Agreed, and well put! Trust being the key word in this case, I think. It's already difficult enough running a business with other people, and if the partners you gain are people you can trust, then that takes a good amount of stress off of one's shoulders. Also, the good thing about getting coworkers as partners is that you'd presumably already work well enough with them and have a good rhythm going in terms of work flow and communication. The only thing you'd really have to watch out for is the transition as the dynamics also sometimes changes the chemistry and thought process of coworkers when they become partners in a business equally sharing responsibility of being the boss.

janineaa
03-14-2014, 02:03 AM
I think you should be having a partnership or an investor with someone you trust and know 100% instead of just looking online. Look for a friend who has the same interests as you so they can give you substantial input and not just go along with everything you say.