PDA

View Full Version : Help With Business Plan

PotterM
02-13-2014, 09:26 AM
I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I'm having with my business plan. I'm writing a plan for an existing business to present to the person who would be the main investor. Until that person gets on board I'm not in a position to request the business' accounts.

I have access to some figures, but others I don't have access to, such as certain running costs like water and power. Does anyone have any advice on how I should tackle this problem so I can create financial projections that are realistic?

Thanks

delusional
02-13-2014, 10:10 AM
I would just try to estimate them. There are tools online that help you do that but they basically make use of the amount of space you have, the sanitary facilities, and the kind of business. A stock room doesn't need heating and the sanitary facilities are pretty limited so the costs would also be low.

PotterM
02-13-2014, 11:14 AM
Thank you delusional. Would you be willing to point me in the right direction of what these tools are called or suggest ones you've found to be good. I haven't come across these and I don't even know what search terms I should be using to find them. Thanks

alec
02-13-2014, 12:17 PM
Delusional is right, start by listing all the things you need (besides running costs), like tools, furniture etc and estimate using those. I made a quick search on Google using the "business cost calculator" keywords and a bunch of useful looking websites showed up. There's one that lets you choose the type of business and the key items needed plus the afferent costs all spread in categories like tools, furniture, office machines or security systems.

I don't know if it's ok to post links but here it is:
https://www.alliance-leicestercommercialbank.co.uk/bizguides/full/costcalc/index.asp

emilx_06
04-02-2014, 12:05 PM
I agree with dilusional. Dealing with semantics is not a reality for you at the moment but it's not bad to estimate. Just make sure you don't over nor under estimate these figures for it might post big problems in the future. You can also ask other people with the same existing business (but not possible competitors) for they might lead you nowhere. Just stick to your task til it sticks to you=)

printer
11-17-2014, 11:53 PM
Yes i also agree you will not have to underestimate these things otherwise they will create problems.Just focus on your task.

cbcbusinessbroker
08-03-2016, 01:17 AM
I understand your situation and in this way, I have a suggestion for you to come out from this situation. I think you buy that another existing business from famous brand that already famou in that town in this way you can get more profit.

GardenMum
06-17-2019, 06:50 AM
This may not be the best idea in the drawer, but perhaps you could contact the water and power companies themselves and ask for advice? They may be able to give you a rough estimate without disclosing any numbers you're not authorized to have. It they're having a good day. LOL.

Another idea would be to contact the Small Business Bureau in your area and ask to speak with someone who helps startups with issues just like the one about which you're speaking. No doubt other entrepreneurs have faced the same type of puzzles.

Hope this helps!

christianthalbergo
08-27-2019, 02:40 AM
I would make a SWOT analyse for them, that should be enough. And then answer all the questions they will have.

kevvinQ
07-10-2020, 02:41 AM
Some people invest in stock, some people invest in property, but I would put all money into cryptocurrencies, cause they get their value as fast as possible. Here is I could find really awesome article about investments ( link: https://allcryptolive.com/2020/06/23/how-to-invest-in-cryptocurrency/ ) where author explains about the best cryptocurrency to invest in now and what platform you can use for such investment actions.

lishmaliny
03-31-2021, 05:47 AM
In order to get the attention of serious investors, it is important to have realistic financial projections incorporated into your business plan. Projections can be a tricky business as you try to anticipate expenses while trying to predict how quickly your business will grow.