PDA

View Full Version : Home Office

karmaskeeper
02-14-2014, 12:01 AM
How is your home office set up?Do you have an actual office or just the kitchen table? I have used both, and have sat in my bathroom floor. From time to time with paperwork scattered around me.I now have an empty bedroom I have converted to an office.

samm1973
02-19-2014, 11:19 PM
I've always had a dedicated computer desk and area that I work from. It's never been an office with a door, but an area in the house where I can work. My "day" job is 100% home based, which makes the desk an absolute necessity. I can't imagine working from a couch or a dining room table for 2080+ hours a year.

chelleeann
02-21-2014, 09:46 AM
How is your home office set up?Do you have an actual office or just the kitchen table? I have used both, and have sat in my bathroom floor. From time to time with paperwork scattered around me.I now have an empty bedroom I have converted to an office.

Right now, I am in an efficiency room without a table, much less a desk. I'm sitting on the bed wrapped in blankets because of the cold. I can work pretty much anywhere, just give me an internet connection and my laptop, or even my smartphone, and I'm set to work all day. :)

Cadence
02-21-2014, 12:14 PM
When I'm on my laptop I usually just sit on my couch. It's not the most effective place to work though so I sometimes move to my desk where I can sit in an upright position and be more focused on what I'm working on. Unfortunately I can't sit in my couch and use the coffetable in front of it since that position hurst both my back in neck after just a few minutes.

TaraC
02-22-2014, 01:48 AM
I have a dedicated part of the living room as my office. When I get stir crazy, I take my laptop to Starbucks.

When I had office space, I rarely got any work done. The other agents weren't focused and there was just too much going on that I found it hard to focus. My production increased once I gave up my office (cubicle).

fredkawig
02-22-2014, 05:53 AM
My office or may I say my room and the living room where the thinking happens is very much disorganized. For years I had no decent table even for studying, no library of books which I can refer to, no comfortable chair whatsoever but I managed to keep my life stable for the meantime. The problem is that I'm getting tired of this wasteland and want my life to improve drastically which gets me frustrated easily.

tspires2
02-26-2014, 08:25 AM
I have a home office and used to work from there solely! Then I got a laptop and love working from my living room! It may get old and I will move back to the office but for now living room it is! I think a change here and there is good for you then just looking at the same walls day in and day out! If you don't have a choice that is one thing but if you do have a choice that is quite another!

cassylexandra
02-27-2014, 12:11 AM
In the early days, I used the same desk for school work, but mixed a few things up. I made a small amount of workspace for myself in the kitchen with a table just for work, but that was a little awkward. Finally moved the table to upstairs in an open room without doors, where it's quiet, and receiving plenty of sunlight. It really gets down to where you feel comfortable, and productive in.

mikelouis
02-27-2014, 02:29 AM
I have a fully equipped office with all the necessary stationery that I need. Most importantly I have internet connection, since I work at home as a freelance writer.

jameszee
02-27-2014, 09:39 AM
I don't really have an office, just my laptop on the table in the main space in my apartment and and notepad. I like it though, since only share the apartment with my brother there aren't many distractions when I'm getting work done. I guess in the future I might try to get a nicer setup going.

crimsonghost747
02-27-2014, 11:27 AM
I only have one room in my apartment so that doubles for the office. Not that I'd have a separate office even if I'd have the possibility, I'm fine with working all over the place. Sometimes I bring the laptop with me to the kitchen when cooking!

TomRalphio
03-27-2014, 08:57 AM
I've set up a small office in one of the rooms in my house. My workstation is on a desk with extended cabinets to accommodate all my stuff. I also work in the legal field so my office walls are almost entirely bookshelves containing legal books and documents.

Taru
03-28-2014, 02:25 AM
I used to be stuck at my computer desk a few years back because I had to use my PC for the graphic heavy work I was doing, but thankfully, laptops nowadays are just as good as PC's back then, if not better, so I usually just work anywhere I want all over the house or even outside at cafes. I think it's great that I can now work somewhere that I can get served some good coffee or meals and this way, I at least don't have to worry about washing dishes anymore, especially after working for a good amount of time.

bingaguilar
03-28-2014, 07:07 AM
I have one corner in the house that I have claimed for myself. This serves as my office :) All I have there is a computer desk, my PC, laptop, printer and phone. And my books, of course. It's not much of a set-up but it helps me get the job done. I'd get myself a bigger space as soon as we transfer to a bigger house, maybe my own room if I'm lucky ;)

merina31
03-29-2014, 05:26 AM
Your home office is interesting.But my home office is very simple with just a table and a chair.

wandering wildman
03-29-2014, 07:32 AM
I do freelance writing. I just started with Yahoo contributor. For now, I am just working from my desk in my one bedroom apartment. I think it would beneficial to invest in something more professional if I had the opportunity. You tend to work harder if you do have that chance.

GottBiz
03-29-2014, 07:57 AM
I have one half of my bedroom set as my office space. And since my bedroom as seven and a half foot ceilings, I thought it good to completely plaster one of those walls with shelves. That wall is completely full and it "drive my wife crazy". My computer and more than everything that I need is right here where I can get to it :-)

Tigress
03-29-2014, 12:10 PM
I wished I had a separate room for my business, but as for now my 'home office' is just a desk in my living room. There are a lot of distractions during day, so it's definitely not ideal but it could be worse :) I hope to one day upgrate to a bigger place and design a proper room from where i can grow my business.

Brianna Jay
03-29-2014, 01:28 PM
I'm either working on my phone from anywhere in my house or I'm sitting at a desk in my living room using my Mac. I have a den that I'm considering converting to an actual home office. I would probably get more done in a designated space. For now, it's pretty much the living room or my bedroom.

forextraspecialstuff
04-02-2014, 10:39 PM
I set up a home office about a year ago in an effort to be better organized and to stop the 24/7 work schedule, the office consists of a desk, small bookshelf, file cabinet, laptop, printer and fax machine. Within a week I was back to sitting on my bed or couch working on my laptop, the best part of having the home office is when people come over I don't have to run around picking papers up (they're all on the desk) but in terms of utilizing the office to its full potential, that never really happened.

Strykstar
04-03-2014, 05:36 AM
I have a desktop computer for when I'm working from home, it's a nice setup with a big desk and two monitors.
I'd like to be able to get the setup into a separate room to have a proper office but so far it's in a corner of the living room.

cphoanggia
04-11-2014, 11:22 PM
hi I just like working online

Limpie
04-12-2014, 11:14 AM
My home office is not stable like yours as because I work on my laptop. Although most of the time I work in my room but sometimes I sit in my mom's room or in living room as well.

piratemagic
11-14-2016, 04:16 AM
Thanks for your kind information.

edatascholars
12-07-2016, 11:57 PM
I have a dedicated area in my home to work but still I feel comfortable to work in the hall. Alone sitting in one place I can't work, always I need someone to talk or tv, it makes my work easy and fast.

Locke
12-14-2016, 06:22 AM
I would love an actual office, or space just dedicated for work. Instead I'm just using my laptop in different rooms. I like to move around quite a bit and get myself free from other distractions, but it would be cool to actually have an office at home.

I'll make do with sitting at a table or on the sofa for now, sometimes I work outside from places like coffee shops.

carolvaradi
04-17-2017, 06:53 AM
Same as me.. :D

nehakpur
05-22-2017, 03:21 AM
Work place should be ideal to create good environment for better efficiency. I provide internet services. When people search for CONNECT broadband connection in chandigarh (http://connectbroadbandservice.in/chandigarh/), they reach me through google or my www.connectbroadbandservice.in blog. People contact me on phone and pay their bills online. Very few of my customers visit my office nut I have to establish office at good location because it represent my business and effects the reputation of my business.

AllanHarmer
05-28-2017, 05:53 AM
Most of the time on my bed with the laptop.

Clara
04-12-2018, 05:42 AM
I've made my own office in my house. I just used guest room and rearanged it with furniture in this style https://www.dakohome.co.uk/office-furniture-set-zonda-13.html Mine are just a little bit lighter. I just couldn't work properly on the sofa or bed :/

lucifermorningstar
07-20-2018, 07:15 AM
Instead of setting up a home office. You can opt for a Coworking Space Hyderabad (https://www.workafella.com/co-working-space-in-hyderabad/) or any other preferable place you need. I think Coworking Spaces are the future. It is cost effective and filled with lots of amenities.

MikeJ
09-30-2018, 07:12 PM
I have a dedicated part of the living room as my office. By the way, If you want to make some money online and you like sports, you should check https://777score.ph/ Fast sports bets from your mobile or from the website. Really easy and fast way to make money.

johndill419
10-01-2018, 02:55 PM
Hi, I also worked at home for the first time, and was a mess at home and at work, could not concentrate. I decided for myself that working at home was not for me. Friends advised me to change the situation and do job search https://uk.jooble.org/jobs/Glasgow?main and now I'm working in a spacious office, and I'm very happy about that. Now I have order in the documents and in the work.

BURT 3D
12-17-2018, 11:07 AM
I have my office in part of the living room. It actually takes up more space than I want it too but I am looking to move soon to where I can place everything in it's own space.

migrantdocuments
05-22-2019, 12:23 PM
WHATSAPP +1(413)367-6190} BUY ORIGINAL IELTS,TOEFL,PTE,NEBOSH CERTIFICATE WITHOUT EXAM
Contact us via email (migrant.doc2002@gmail.com) or whatsapp +1(413)367-6190

Do you have problems in getting the required scores/bands in IELTS,TOEFL, PTE, ESOL, TOIEC, OET, GMAT, GRE, NEBOSH, SAT, ACT, GED, Usmle, PSAT, lSAT, Celban, FCE, CAE,CPE, BEC, FLE, IT,TESOL?

Need any of the above certificates urgently in Australia, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Lebanon, Qatar, Canada, India, Dubai, Iran, Pakistan, Belarus, Kuwait, Germany, France or anywhere in the world from the British council or IDP official without taking the actual test?

Purchase/Buy real, legal, bio-metric, legit or genuine IELTS,TOEFL, PTE, ESOL, TOIEC, OET, GMAT, GRE, NEBOSH, SAT, ACT, GED, Usmle, PSAT, lSAT, Celban, FCE, CAE,CPE, BEC, FLE, IT,TESOL certificate without going for the actual test.

ruhiangel
10-24-2019, 03:12 AM
The Home Office is a ministerial department of Her Majesty's Government of the United Kingdom, responsible for immigration, security and law and order. As such it is responsible for policing in England and Wales, fire and rescue services in England, and visas and immigration and the Security Service

Brownii
01-25-2020, 05:03 AM
I don't usually work at home because there are much more distracting elements around than in an office. TV, fridge at hand, family, no boss walking around. And an awesome chair. I have Lafuma anti gravity recliner (https://bestzerogravitychairhq.com/lafuma-zero-gravity-chair-review/) and it's something. But in the office you think only about work, nothing disturbs you.

riverfinch693
04-15-2020, 01:41 PM
Award winning wine cellar designer Lisa Weiss will design and build the Custom Wine Cellars of your dreams. Specializing in wine cellars, tasting rooms and custom bars, Lisa works with you every step.

Norawa
07-23-2020, 10:23 AM
I have neither an office nor a job currently, though I'm looking for one where I can work at home, spending hours on Remworker (https://remworker.com/).

ScottNaylor999
12-17-2020, 12:23 AM
I would go with my family, or possibly additionally would take my sibling with us. However, everything relies upon the particular circumstance.

Helen777
01-05-2021, 09:49 AM
I don't have an office, but I have a small table with a laptop and all the necessary office supplies. I sit on a manual recliner. I bought it several months ago (I should say, I was lucky to find thebestreclinersreview (https://thebestreclinersreviews.com/best-manual-recliners/) that helped me to choose it). It is very comfortable, so my back doesn't hurt even if I sit in it for a long time.