PDA

View Full Version : Workng Hard

asknick
01-05-2005, 05:17 PM
How do you know if your ad is working for you. Do you guys get data and use excel to graph it? :wink:

owesem75
01-17-2014, 08:27 AM
I think you just have to take short quick survey of every inquiry you got from your potential client either face-to-face or over the phone. The recorded replies would be counted and would then be answer your questions. Usually, if you hire a professional marketing firm - they have their system in tracking down after-ad results of your promotion. But these days, in the age where internet marketing booms like never before, the work is more easy and you would know if your ad is really working for you or not - on the basis of your income on a year-on-year basis. Good luck man!

Sunshinegurl
01-20-2014, 01:41 AM
In this day age you either work hard or get no where in life. You get back what you put in. Nothing in life is every easy so why not put as much hard work into it and rip the rewards later!

swagger
01-25-2014, 06:09 PM
This thread is from '05, lol.. Anyways, your best bet would be to compare your sales before and after your ad campaign. You can easily see how well and how effective your ad was by those numbers.

cpefley
01-25-2014, 06:15 PM
I would definitely ask people where they found out about you. It is a pretty common question on most business surveys. Excel would be a great way to keep track of it, yes.

Musho
02-04-2014, 10:24 PM
I'm not very good with excel, but I have someone who is and should probably have them invest in computing something. For me, word of mouth has worked pretty well in seeing if I was successful or not. Or you could just spam people with really boring surveys; most the time, they don't even read and just answer as fast as possible.

KNH
02-04-2014, 10:27 PM
I would definitely ask people where they found out about you. It is a pretty common question on most business surveys. Excel would be a great way to keep track of it, yes.

Absolutely. It's easy and you don't have to make it totally complex. A simple count is good to start with, not too overwhelming and not invasive of your clients at all. Keep count and then compare that to the amount of business you are getting to see if it's working :)