PDA

View Full Version : Books everyone should read

delusional
02-17-2014, 03:43 AM
Hi guys,

I'm going to start getting my knowledge of the investment market up. I'm thinking about reading some books in my spare time.
I have started reading one book that is advised everyone around the world.

The book is called "A random walk down Wall Street".
A link to the book on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Random-Walk-Down-Wall-Street/dp/0393330338

I haven't read that much yet but it looks like a great book.

Don't expect to get rich quick. Getting rich quick means there is a lot of risk. This book is more about "Getting rich slowly but guaranteed".

alec
02-18-2014, 03:17 PM
Seems like a good read from what I gather, mostly good reviews. I might grab it since more training in the field of finance could prove useful in the long run. And now that you mentioned books I just remembered about Benjamin Graham's "The Intelligent Investor". It's one of Warren Buffett's favorite books and was written by one of his teachers.

Good luck when you start reading your book! 464 pages of investment knowledge will take some time, but it'll be worth it.

mikka254
02-18-2014, 04:11 PM
I just found a free version of this book at this link. http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=RCXWWAE3
It's not a bad book, ideas that bring wealth creation are always good. Just remember that all these ideas are based on the opinions of one individual so what worked for them does not necessarily mean it will work for you. Just try to absorb the useful information that you can implement on your current success plan.

crimsonghost747
02-18-2014, 05:41 PM
Books are always great for learning. I personally haven't read a single investing book since I prefer to learn on my own, but a lot of the other investors I talk to recommend reading at least 3 books by different authors to get a general idea of how it works.

DomDom
02-18-2014, 05:41 PM
Seems like a good read from what I gather, mostly good reviews. I might grab it since more training in the field of finance could prove useful in the long run. And now that you mentioned books I just remembered about Benjamin Graham's "The Intelligent Investor". It's one of Warren Buffett's favorite books and was written by one of his teachers.

Good luck when you start reading your book! 464 pages of investment knowledge will take some time, but it'll be worth it.

I have read it and its a great book!

I would add the Peter Lynch trio of books for reading! (You can skip Learn to Earn if you have basic understanding of the stock market though!)

He is a growth based investor.

TaraC
02-18-2014, 07:56 PM
I have read it and its a great book!

I would add the Peter Lynch trio of books for reading! (You can skip Learn to Earn if you have basic understanding of the stock market though!)

He is a growth based investor.

You beat me to the punch. I am a big fan of Peter Lynch's investment strategies especially the "invest in what you know".
"Beating the Street" is one of my favorites.

CeliVega
02-18-2014, 09:40 PM
I just found a free version of this book at this link. http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=RCXWWAE3
It's not a bad book, ideas that bring wealth creation are always good. Just remember that all these ideas are based on the opinions of one individual so what worked for them does not necessarily mean it will work for you. Just try to absorb the useful information that you can implement on your current success plan.
Thanks for the link! I realize that I couldn't achieve much with only my current knowledge. That's why I always try to read more and more from forums, books, and articles in general. And then there's the part that you put your knowledge into practical use. Sometimes it doesn't work right away and you need practices to develop the skills to do something right.

Sally108
02-19-2014, 10:50 AM
I am a big fan of reading in general. So many topics get interrelated through books. I really do believe knowledge is cumulative and power! Love the classic 'Think & Grow Rich'!

caveman
02-19-2014, 11:06 AM
The reviews look too good to turn this book down. I'm going to get started right away!

sofieb529
02-21-2014, 02:55 PM
The best book I've ever read is ' 7 Habits of Effective People' . This book has not only saved companies but loads of marriages and families! Its simple but transforming information that you can use in every facet of your life! For your small business, it will help you deal with employee issues and make better decisions!

DomDom
02-21-2014, 04:22 PM
You beat me to the punch. I am a big fan of Peter Lynch's investment strategies especially the "invest in what you know".
"Beating the Street" is one of my favorites.

Yeah mine too! His strategy is great and the books are really fun to read, one of my favourite investors!

The other great book I read about investing is The Intelligent Investor.

owesem75
02-22-2014, 02:51 PM
I have read the books of Robert Kiyosaki, who happen to be not a great fan of the Stock Market and often times negate so many concepts that I learned from the school and experience.. I don't blame him for that nor agree to what he has written there. I do also read some financial books and read quite a few digital books related to investment.. I am just fascinated with the fact that you are able to see different theories and varying ideas from many different authors.

delusional
02-22-2014, 02:52 PM
Yeah mine too! His strategy is great and the books are really fun to read, one of my favourite investors!

The other great book I read about investing is The Intelligent Investor.

It seems the books of Peter Lynch are pretty popular. I'll check them out and see if they are really as good as people say they are. I'll also try to find some time to read The Intelligent Investor.

DomDom
02-22-2014, 06:27 PM
I have read the books of Robert Kiyosaki, who happen to be not a great fan of the Stock Market and often times negate so many concepts that I learned from the school and experience.. I don't blame him for that nor agree to what he has written there. I do also read some financial books and read quite a few digital books related to investment.. I am just fascinated with the fact that you are able to see different theories and varying ideas from many different authors.

I dont agree with some of his advice but the basic things in his books rich dad poor dad are great fundamental things in acquiring wealth.

apexa1
02-23-2014, 03:00 AM
I just started reading this, it's actually pretty useful. Got it on amazon ebook. Thanks for sharing, I'll let you all know my final thoughts when I've finished reading it.

autograph
02-23-2014, 07:53 AM
Thanks for the information. The book generally has positive feedbacks and I am definitely going to check it out. On side note, the best book I read before was "My Dad is A Carpenter". I would recommend it for people to get more motivated in your business.

WeDontSleep
02-23-2014, 07:57 AM
Anything by Alexander Elder, he is a professional stock trader that, just like many of us, started small, but now he is very rich. His books are good for both new investors and experienced ones. I really enjoyed Trading for a Living, it taught me a lot about the stock market and I hope that you will learn from it too.

DomDom
02-23-2014, 02:58 PM
Anything by Alexander Elder, he is a professional stock trader that, just like many of us, started small, but now he is very rich. His books are good for both new investors and experienced ones. I really enjoyed Trading for a Living, it taught me a lot about the stock market and I hope that you will learn from it too.

Thanks alot. I was thinking about which book to read next and this will be the one!

CG7262
02-23-2014, 09:19 PM
Not a book, but the board game CashFlow. I hear a lot of good things from that little piece of cardboard. From what I can observe (haven't actually played it personally, just spectated), it's basically a board game that tries to simulate real life decisions and situations like allowing you to acquire business, sell them, even get married(if you get divorced, you often lose all your money in the game). It supposedly helps you build the mindset of a business man and successful risk takers. For anyone looking to get into business, it might be something worth looking into

JohnSword
02-24-2014, 01:43 AM
Investors are bound to have heard about this classic and it’s author, economist Burton Malkiel. In this book, he explains that the market is highly efficient, and no one can accurately predict its ups and downs; it’s a “random walk”. So, the best approach is passive, “buy and hold” investing using diversified index funds held long term. I recommend this book to investors of any level, especially those attracted to active, speculative investing.

janineaa
02-27-2014, 05:57 AM
I enjoyed the book, "Rich Dad Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki. It's a book that advocates financial independence and building wealth through investing, real estate investing, starting and owning businesses, as well as increasing one's financial intelligence. It was quite an eye opener for me!

Francisco23
02-28-2014, 04:59 PM
Hi guys,

I'm going to start getting my knowledge of the investment market up. I'm thinking about reading some books in my spare time.

A link to the book on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Random-Walk-Down-Wall-Street/dp/0393330338

Don't expect to get rich quick. Getting rich quick means there is a lot of risk. This book is more about "Getting rich slowly but guaranteed".
Thanks for sharing the link. Indeed, a book cannot make you rich. But yes, it can gear you in the right direction; provided that you have the willingness and the discipline to apply the good strategies outlined in these good books.

DomDom
03-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Thanks for sharing the link. Indeed, a book cannot make you rich. But yes, it can gear you in the right direction; provided that you have the willingness and the discipline to apply the good strategies outlined in these good books.

This is exactly tru! I often think of great advice I got from some of these books. Its important to learn from the mistakes of others.

DarioEM
03-02-2014, 05:16 AM
Don't expect to get rich quick. Getting rich quick means there is a lot of risk.

This isn't necessarily true, it happens all the time especially today in the high tech, fast moving world.
Sometimes people can go years studying, learning the markets and can calculate when the precise time to enter and exit a certain market and makes huge amounts of wealth.
For example, in my opinion it is the perfect time right now (in the United States anyway) to purchase real estate. There's a real estate bubble coming soon in the next few years, if you buy and hold now and then sell when the market is near its' peak you will likely set yourself up for a heft profit.

It doesn't matter how much money you make, but how much you keep that counts.

I recommend everyone read The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason, the principles in this book has literally changed hundreds of thousands of peoples lives as well as mine.

DomDom
03-02-2014, 02:34 PM
This isn't necessarily true, it happens all the time especially today in the high tech, fast moving world.
Sometimes people can go years studying, learning the markets and can calculate when the precise time to enter and exit a certain market and makes huge amounts of wealth.
For example, in my opinion it is the perfect time right now (in the United States anyway) to purchase real estate. There's a real estate bubble coming soon in the next few years, if you buy and hold now and then sell when the market is near its' peak you will likely set yourself up for a heft profit.

It doesn't matter how much money you make, but how much you keep that counts.

I recommend everyone read The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason, the principles in this book has literally changed hundreds of thousands of peoples lives as well as mine.

I read the richest man in babyloon and it is truly a great book. I also agree with you that you can get rich quickly without huge risks, you just need skill and a bit of luck. I also agree on the real estate.

Michael Thompson
09-16-2014, 07:54 AM
I agree with you. It is really a nice book to read. It has very useful information.
Hi guys,

suritrendin
09-16-2014, 08:53 AM
Thanks for sharing this.

ThurmanAmey
09-27-2014, 03:44 AM
Books are always great for learning. I personally haven't read a single investing book since I prefer to learn on my own, but a lot of the other investors I talk to recommend reading at least 3 books by different authors to get a general idea of how it works.

I agree with you I too like to read the book, there are many books I read relevant to business and other.

farmerjohn1324
10-05-2014, 10:53 PM
"Rich Dad, Poor Dad" Robert Kiyosaki = better than The Bible.

Shield Funding
10-06-2014, 05:41 AM
We recommend The Intelligent Investor. A lot of people have been paying attention to this one since it came out in 2006 and is on a lot of people's Amazon wishlists.

KennethPaxton
10-07-2014, 02:45 AM
Books are great way to get knowledge and know about a particular things. This link is really great and helpful to get knowledge about marketing and investment market up.

DwightDuncan
10-08-2014, 02:00 AM
Yes, I personally think that books are the best way to get the right knowledge about anything. And this is a really great book to improve knowledge about investment market up.

MahaKarthi
10-16-2014, 04:47 AM
Yes, I personally think that books are the best way to get the right knowledge about anything. And this is a really great book to improve knowledge about investment market up.

The more you read, the more you learn and more you gain. Some can be life changers, some give you a different view or angle to look at something while some have so deep an impact that you begin reconsierding your choices and perceptions.

ByronHorton
10-31-2014, 01:19 AM
I think A random walk down Wall Street is the best book to provide you the deep knowledge about financing. All the ideas are described finer points. This book is useful for both investor as well as a person interested in improving my personal finances.

David T. Breen
11-20-2014, 12:46 AM
Hi guys,

The book you are reading is very interesting, i have also read few pages.
If you want to read more books then you can prefer some most popular inspirational books like:
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
How to Win Friends & Influence People
Think and Grow Rich
The Greatest Salesman in the World
The Power of Positive Thinking
As a Man Thinketh
Magic of Thinking Big.

MikeLevin
03-16-2017, 05:23 AM
There is no way to become reach if you red a book. you need to try and to incest a lot. Also great experience in business is a big plus.

By the way, book is good, but will never help you to earn some money without doing anything

liwangng
03-19-2017, 05:45 AM
We process personal loan, home loan, medical loan, business loan, debt consolidation loan, car loan and loan against property,approved within 24 hours. Contact us for a fast loan:liwangng@gmail.com

ssruthishetty
03-22-2017, 02:50 AM
There are some books (http://www.brillmindz.com/ios-app-development-company-in-india/) that never seem to disappear from our lives, continually cropping up in conversations at dinner parties and around the office, that you'll always wish you'd actually got round to reading

Monte
03-22-2017, 08:47 AM
It's a bit dated, but "The Millionaire Next Door" was a good read for me.

Others I would suggest are "Zero to One" and "How to Build a Billion-Dollar App".

Monte
03-22-2017, 10:37 AM
That's true. But who wouldn't want to?

Dave Ramsey once said, "The best way to get rich quick is to get rich slow."

But for sure, who wouldn't want to get rich quick -- through legal means?

ericrestag
03-22-2017, 10:32 PM
Great!!! Thanks for sharing, I'll let you all know my final thoughts when I've finished reading it.

BusinessFundingPro
03-30-2017, 12:09 PM
We have a great book on our website that has plenty of useful information for small businesses, completely free too. Link's in my signature

andrew2510
03-23-2018, 07:07 PM
With bad credit, your only option may be a business cash advance. In that case, you'll need strong bank statements. Strong means frequent deposits, high monthly dollar deposits, decent average daily balances, and few to no overdraft days. If you have all these things, and find a good broker, you should be able to get financing within a few days.

BFT PUMPS
03-04-2020, 11:53 AM
yeah you shoul read this book

newlooksales
03-13-2020, 10:27 AM
Thanks delusional for sharing this.

I love to read and hopefully will be able to manage and read this great book very soon.

Brownii
09-09-2020, 03:07 AM
I think that everyone must read the Bible. By reading the Bible on a consistent basis, you can find direction for your life and learn how to best serve the Lord who gave His life for you. Reading through the entire Bible provides an opportunity to better understand Scripture’s “big picture.” To read the Bible verses follow this site https://ezbible.org/

bertnub
10-16-2020, 09:51 AM
I second this!

I'm a primary school teacher and I've found the resources on http://www.twinkl.co.nz Really helpful for the little ones, helps them understand business with great interactive online resources!

Future Finances-Financial
10-17-2020, 09:30 PM
It is great to see that you are taking an interest in investing and wanting to expand your knowledge! And reading is one of the best ways to do it. A couple of my favorite books would be Money Master The Game by Tony Robbins, The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey, and The 4 Hour Work Week. Personal finances were such a hobby of mine that I decided to create a financial coaching business and help those in all aspects of financial coaching. If this would be of any interest to anyone, feel free to sign up for a free call on my website, https://www.futurefinances.org/services. I offer great value to my clients through financial coaching. Sign up for a free call and we will talk about how I can help you!

Triman
10-24-2020, 06:41 PM
Reading is important to me. I like it. Reading helps me to know what I do not know. Recall what I know as well. What you read and how you apply it in your life matter. Execution of the ideas and lessons you read in a book is important to make your life better. But you should check this one Water Freedom System Review (https://ex-reviews.com/self-help/water-freedom-system-review/)

raviseo120
10-26-2020, 12:02 PM
thanks for sharing with us

moverdubai12
11-05-2020, 12:56 AM
Classic Novels to Read
1984 by George Orwell. ...
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. ...
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. ...
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling. ...
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut. ...
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. ...
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.

TangelThor
11-05-2020, 01:23 AM
1984 by George Orwell. ...
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. ...
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. ...
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling. ...
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut. ...
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. ...
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.

raviseo120
11-05-2020, 10:45 AM
thanks for sharing with us

raviseo121
12-14-2020, 12:34 AM
Thanks for sharing with us