PDA

View Full Version : GoDaddy vs HostGator or others: Who to go for?

justSaying
02-18-2014, 01:11 AM
Hi
So I have been hosting my site via some local hosting that is driving me insane. :mad::mad: They have a down time of about 60% compared to the supposed promised 90% up time. I now want to get rid of them and move on to a better hosting service.
I have done some good amount of research online and as I wind it all up, I need to get first hand information from anyone who has used these two hosts (or any better one) to assist me make the decision. Which one should I go to :?::?:

TaraC
02-18-2014, 08:33 PM
I am not a fan of GoDaddy, but I have never done any hosting with them.

I have my websites hosted with Hostgator. I have had excellent service up until last year. I haven't had much downtime, but my confidence with them has been shaken. They were bought out last year and the service hasn't been up to previous years. I'm still with them because I had such good service with them, but I am honestly thinking about moving.

I do recommend that you stay away from 1 and 1 Hosting.

Cd2 Solutions
02-24-2014, 08:17 AM
Hi
So I have been hosting my site via some local hosting that is driving me insane. :mad::mad: They have a down time of about 60% compared to the supposed promised 90% up time. I now want to get rid of them and move on to a better hosting service.
I have done some good amount of research online and as I wind it all up, I need to get first hand information from anyone who has used these two hosts (or any better one) to assist me make the decision. Which one should I go to :?::?:

one thing that will have a significant bearing on your choice is what kind of hosting it is.

shared hosting: if you have a VERY small site, shared hosting is ok. much more than that, and youll want to upgrade.

VPS (virtual private server). essentially, you get a dedicated piece of a physical server, which is divided between customers. unlike a shared host, where one site can ruin performance or uptime of the others on the server, all of the resources (ram, cpu, hard drive access) are divided between the VPSs on the server. there is also potential for reduced downtime in the event of maintenance or failure, because they can just move the vps to another server. a VPS can also be very cheap.

Dedicated: for EXTREMELY large sites. you get all the power and storage you could want, but it comes at a cost. if something goes wrong, it might take longer to bring back up, and a dedicated server is awfully expensive.

between the VPS and Dedicated, there are also managed and un-managed systems:
managed servers are controlled by another person, typically an expert at the host company.
un-managed servers are controlled by the customer. ie: you, this gives flexibility at the cost of being harder to use.

which kind of service you want will impact your choice greatly, a company may have great uptime and hardware, but poor managed services. another may have less uptime and slower hardware, but great support.

robertavery84
03-01-2014, 03:35 PM
come check out my hosting plans at domains.averysystems.net My prices out do that of the major competitors but provide same quality products and services. Tech support is 24/7 via email or phone and is all US based. if you enter promo code SMALLBIZ at check out you can save an additional 10% off and this is good for all products including sale items. There is no min purchase needed. If you have any questions let me know.

akashram
03-26-2014, 12:10 AM
HostGator is providing the best hosting services.

Taru
03-26-2014, 03:42 AM
I've had experience with GoDaddy, and I wasn't very pleased with their customer service as I had to work a good amount to get some of my questions answered. It also seems that it's pretty much a common consensus among most people who have had experience with them and whenever I asked this similar question, I always did get advised against using GD because of the poor customer service and the constant up-selling. I still think they are still both alright, though, as they do get the job done, but if it were me, I'd just go with HostGator.

ZammyCash
03-26-2014, 08:15 AM
I've used both but prefer GoDaddy mostly due to the pricing. They're always coming up with new promotions which make it really affordable.
Last year I hosted my websites with them for around 9 months and the downtime was minimum, I only noticed it once.

garfish
03-26-2014, 08:44 AM
You should avoid godaddy instead. I have experienced their services back then and the only good in them is thier domain registrar and even this, I still wanted to move my domains to namecheap.

If I have to chose between the two, I'd go for Hostgator because they're reputable in a way. They've been in the business for so long and I guess this made them a great provider for lots of people under them.

chandanthaver
06-13-2014, 11:18 PM
according to me no such a differences between host gator and go daddy so I will go with go-daddy.

TonyGallagher
08-09-2014, 01:23 AM
HostGator and Godaddy is very much alike with respect to plans and prices that it has to offer. HostGator has three Plans, namely Hatchling, Baby and Business. Godaddy features similar plans to HostGator namely Economy, Deluxe and Unlimited. Economy Plan comes with single domain and 100 GB disk space, the other two plans come with unlimited disk space and domains.
HostGator uses cPanel as its control panel. cPanel is the most commonly used control panel due to its simplicity and easy to use feature. Whereas Godaddy gives us the option of choosing our control panel between cPanel and Plesk. Plesk is the second most popular control panel and has the ability to run on both Linux and Windows OS.

I am using godaddy from long times and their service is really good and fast.

MargaritaSpencer
09-26-2014, 09:19 AM
Both have their own individual features, it depends upon you that which services satisfies your needs or requirements. I personally like both the services in different manner for different hosting purpose.

shrinkme
10-22-2014, 09:14 PM
We have been using GoDaddy and they have been fine for the most part. They do call quite a bit. They have not been perfectly useful when I have called. All in all very good though.

forbesross
11-15-2014, 08:34 AM
Godaddy is famous for domain register only, so every common man wants to shift to Go daddy.
But it is 5-10 times costlier than other hosting providers.
They have good support though chat, phone call and e mail which is significant feature.
I prefer Host Gator to host my site than Go daddy.

om2580
12-25-2014, 10:12 AM
you must check their reviews section you will get better idea about their service and support

emrahgunes
07-31-2015, 09:00 AM
HostGator I use the same server as the best hosting company for 5 years no problem.

rvitsentzatou
08-13-2015, 07:53 AM
I had used Godaddy in the past and I was really satisfied with both services and support.

sillicon
09-20-2015, 05:45 PM
I recommend banahosting is good and cheap :D

MarieAReese
10-02-2015, 07:04 AM
you can try 1and1.com the best site to get domain.

Richardhstapp
10-02-2015, 07:42 AM
I recommend HostGator.

Frankietleath
11-04-2015, 10:30 AM
go for Godaddy!

Josephkramos
11-05-2015, 03:17 AM
GoDaddy is best.

IndioBailBonds
11-13-2015, 09:27 AM
Go Daddy is better option and it's easy to use too.

Peter Cabrera
11-13-2015, 10:30 AM
GoDaddy is a better option.

SaraMartine
12-24-2015, 03:45 AM
Godaddy web hosting is one of the largest web hosting provider. I will definitely go with Go Daddy.

Features:
1. Free domain name with annual plan.
2. 24*7 best customer support.
3. Provides almost every extra service needed to run any type of website.
4. One click installation of famous CMS like wordpress, joomla.

sariful
01-27-2016, 11:37 PM
Definitely I will go for Hostgator for web hosting. But Hostgator, now they have poor customer support. But if I want to buy domain then Godaddy is the best place to buy domain :)

jiyarajpoot
02-27-2016, 06:26 AM
Before going with any of these services provider, you must check their technical support because a web hosting company must provide 24/7 technical support so that in case of any trouble and downtime in your website you can easily get help from your web hosting provider.

Innowork
03-14-2016, 08:50 AM
I will recommend A2 hosting.

How can so many recommend Godaddy? One of the slowest, with the worst customer service in the market.

MosheC
03-14-2016, 03:42 PM
I've had a really bad experience with godaddy. And a really good one with host gator. I use wix at the moment but when I need a wordpress site I'm going back to hostgator.

ClarkS88
03-18-2016, 02:23 AM
I'm wondering why many people recommend godaddy. Their servers often down. Many great hosting providers outside there.

debora17resende
03-18-2016, 05:48 PM
I use SiteGround and for me is the best hosting of the market. In the past I used Hostgator and Godaddy and have a lot of problems. SiteGround is really fast, perfect for Wordpress Blogs and have a excellent support. When I have a problem immediatly have a solution too.

To buy domains I use namecheap. I hope this help you. Regards and sorry for my english, I am brasilian.
Kiss

machinedock
04-27-2016, 05:05 AM
HostGator and GoDaddy both promise a high uptime of 99.99% each month. HostGator uses Linux x86 CentOS 6 64-bit operating systems, while its servers run on Dual Xeon E5520 2.26 GHz Quad Core processors. GoDaddy provides customers the choice of choosing between Linux and Windows OS before signing up. And their servers run on Intel Core i7 processors.

Recently, there have been many outages regarding the uptime of GoDaddy, which has caused many customers to become outraged and drop their service. I personally feel that they are still an excellent domain registrar, but donít provide great quality when it comes to web hosting service

langtu1291
04-27-2016, 07:41 AM
i like goddady

Bidmark
05-18-2016, 05:22 AM
I would recommend a company called LCN - they have really good support when needed.

PreetiSangal
06-17-2016, 09:22 AM
I prefer to buy domain from Godaddy or BigRock. But for hosting I would like to recommend HostGator or Namecheap. I bought shared hosting from Namecheap for my ecommerce website.

ronniewill
06-21-2016, 04:01 AM
I prefer Godaddy always as their services are so good. Its also a huge company.

rjrocker
06-26-2016, 09:33 AM
If I specifically talk about Godaddy & Hostgator, My vote will go to Godaddy.
Reasons ....

1. Godaddy is affordable.
2. You get local support in most countries where Godaddy has an office.
3. Their servers are fast compared to Hostgator.
4. They're more reliable.

I have been using Godaddy since past 3 years and I am quite satisfied with their services.

Scott Jennings
04-27-2017, 04:10 AM
90% up time doesn't sound great!

90% = 36.5 days per year downtime
99% = 3 days 15 hours per year
99.9% = 8 hours 45 minutes
99.99 = 52 minutes
99.999% = 5 minutes

I've always used GoDaddy for registering domains as they're one of the cheapest around and the control panel is easy to use. Not used them for hosting but they seem to have a good reputation.

If you can look after the server yourself them Amazon Web Services is very good. I'm UK based and needed a server in the USA to host a website that shows school calendars (https://www.schoolcalendardates.com) and found that AWS offer a 'Free Tier' server for 12 months. In essence you can run a virtual machine for 12 months for free (it's basic - 2Gb RAM) but the up-time is good and for our needs it's fine even though the specs are low. If you can get away with a WordPress site then they offer images of servers already set up with WordPress installed.

You can even get a Windows based machine for free for the first 12 months if that could help - just filter for "Free Tier eligible" virtual machines and see what options they have available.

mdhimelrahmanbd
05-06-2017, 01:17 PM
I think Godaddy is best for domain and hosting. Can you try it.

Brown Paul
08-02-2017, 01:17 AM
you can see for godaddy, hostgator, bluehost and lots other for a great service and cheap host i would recommend you iwrahost. you can also find lots of host provider with various schemes and discount offer but most of them are for months and the services start to degrade after some use.

santhoshsocial
10-05-2017, 09:23 AM
I reason GoDaddy is well than HostGator in every aspect. Because from my view GoDaddy is more well-known and used through several people other than HostGator

ewanhumphries1706
12-06-2017, 03:07 AM
Hi,
Both Hosting sites have their own pros and cons. I had similar dilemma but since I had outsource IT leicester (https://www.acs365.co.uk/it-solutions/it-support) services, my service provider suggested me to go for Hostgator as they are more reputable. If you want easy domain register then you should go for GoDaddy.

willieandersen
12-26-2017, 05:04 AM
GoDaddy is providing the best hosting services.

dotklick
03-31-2018, 03:01 AM
I think Godaddy is the best option for small and big business hosting.

sslstoreindia
07-10-2018, 05:52 AM
In my opinion, GoDaddy is famous as a domain registrar. When people purchase a domain from them they purchase hosting as well. GoDaddy is the only good for the domain name. They are not good in terms for hosting. Their support is limited for the money you are paying. And hostgator is good for all term but they are very expensive as compare to other hosting provider. Here my recommendation is Znetlive in terms of support and service.

Madison87
10-20-2018, 06:27 AM
There are a couple of highly competitive hosting providers out there, but out of Hostgator and GoDaddy i will advice you to pick Godaddy as it is a lot more reliable but it is on the pricier side.

webtechcoupons
11-19-2018, 12:59 AM
Now ready to start your new website on the internet by using Godaddy renewal coupons and save your valuable amount of cash.

nirmalaamul
04-16-2019, 01:28 AM
Hostgator is providing the best hosting service.

floriyabenson
04-23-2019, 02:15 AM
As we all know, Godaddy and Hostgator both are big and popular name in market but according to me, You should choose another who is providing amazing technical support and excellent uptime guarantee. Now a days, I'm using CloudOYE for my business website. You can also try CloudOYE as a hosting provider.

MikeJ
04-28-2019, 08:25 PM
Based on what your requirements are you should have no problem finding a good reliable host. You just have to make sure it fits you and how comfortable you are navigating it. Be sure to contact the host and ask as many questions as you can https://hostovita.pl/vps/

chrisalbert
05-08-2019, 12:48 AM
What i had seen in my past experiences and career Godaddy has pretty good services but some how their rates has bit increased but hosting is pretty cool. you can check and review below.

https://godaddy.com/hosting/web-hosting

PWee
07-03-2019, 07:30 AM
I'm using GoDaddy only for domains, the hosting service is a mess.

Jolo
08-26-2019, 06:32 AM
Godaddy and Hostgator are just too big, their support is not the best and we found their servers to be varied in terms of age and performance. I think you are always better finding a medium-sized company that has more incentive to care about keeping your business. You should check where their support is based and where their servers are located. You want both to be in the same country and time zone as you.

AarushiAashi
12-23-2019, 11:05 AM
Indeed, HostGator is preferable host over GoDaddy. HostGator has better execution contrasted with GoDaddy. While HostGator plans are marginally costlier than GoDaddy, it offers better an incentive for cash. On the off chance that you are an amateur, you can pick GoDaddy as it has less expensive plans and a dependable client assistance.

lishmaliny
03-07-2020, 05:24 AM
Godaddy is the best option

vasanthanju
04-10-2020, 12:38 AM
GoDaddy may actually have the edge for certain beginners. Domain management, web hosting, and website building all in one place is a very convenient option to have if youíre not keen on juggling them separately.

belljohn11
04-11-2020, 01:32 AM
Yeah, On my experience. Hostgator is best suitable for design simple portfolio websites. thanks.

Saravanan28
10-19-2020, 05:43 AM
Godaddy is best

Nags
11-03-2020, 11:17 PM
VPS (virtual private server). essentially, you get a dedicated piece of a physical server, which is divided between customers. unlike a shared host, where one site can ruin performance or uptime of the others on the server, all of the resources (ram, cpu, hard drive access) are divided between the VPSs on the server. there is also potential for reduced downtime in the event of maintenance or failure, because they can just move the vps to another server. a VPS can also be very cheap.

Saravanan12
11-05-2020, 03:41 AM
HostGator is a better host than GoDaddy. HostGator beats GoDaddy with better performance. While HostGator is cheaper than GoDaddy, it also offers be faster hosting and better uptime. If you are looking for performance, choose HostGator.

Nags
12-07-2020, 12:36 AM

master007
12-10-2020, 12:58 AM
HostGator is providing the best hosting services.

lishmaliny
01-04-2021, 06:05 AM
HostGator represents better value for money than GoDaddy, but only slightly. HostGator not only has cheaper price plans than GoDaddy overall, but it also offers a cloud hosting plan which GoDaddy doesn't support, so you get more for your money with HostGator.

Rahul28
01-13-2021, 07:00 AM
HostGator represents better value for money than GoDaddy, but only slightly. HostGator not only has cheaper price plans than GoDaddy overall, but it also offers a cloud hosting plan which GoDaddy doesn't support, so you get more for your money with HostGator.

alishbasaki
01-18-2021, 11:11 PM
"We tried GoDaddy and HostGator ó The victor is GoDaddy!" While both HostGator and GoDaddy offer shared, VPS, and devoted facilitating, these two web has are interestingly not the same as each other. GoDaddy is unquestionably the web's #1 area name enlistment center, and HostGator has been named the best host to develop with.

JosephRodriguez
01-21-2021, 04:05 AM
Both GoDaddy Hosting and HostGator are two of the biggest hosting platforms around. They have been going strong for a while in the internet years and offer affordable, reliable services.
According to a report, HostGator is the second-best hosting provider on the market (just behind Bluehost), whereas GoDaddy Hosting comes 7th in our rankings.
HostGator Pros
Cheap, scalable plans
Email marketing
99.9% uptime, etc.

HostGator Cons
No free domain on signup.

GoDaddy Hosting Pros
All-in-one convenience of hosting, website building, and domain registration
Feature-rich
99.98% uptime, etc.

GoDaddy Hosting Cons
Steeper pricing than most of its competitors.

Rahul28
02-03-2021, 05:06 AM
Godaddy is best.

christianarobert
02-15-2021, 02:53 AM
I would suggest HostGator since they offer great packages and great services.

RaniaRanii3
02-20-2021, 12:02 AM
While GoDaddy has a ton to bring to the table, HostGator is better for highlights and convenience. HostGator is easier to explore than GoDaddy, and it has a marginally better uptime of 99.99% contrasted with GoDaddy's 99.97%.

jimmyjee
02-22-2021, 11:40 PM
shared hosting: if you have a VERY small site, shared hosting is ok. much more than that, and youll want to upgrade. | cheap reseller hosting pakistan (https://pakchamp.com/reseller-hosting)

master007
03-26-2021, 10:45 AM
I've had experience with GoDaddy, and I wasn't very pleased with their customer service as I had to work a good amount to get some of my questions answered. It also seems that it's pretty much a common consensus among most people who have had experience with them

nadiasonii
06-28-2021, 05:33 AM
Thanks for sharing

MikeWill07
06-30-2021, 02:37 AM
Honestly, I haven't heard about these services.

Muthuraj
06-30-2021, 02:39 AM
Hi,

What is the difference between domain and subdomain?. If anyone knows the answer please describe brifely.

master007
07-06-2021, 12:09 PM
I have my websites hosted with Hostgator. I have had excellent service up until last year. I haven't had much downtime, but my confidence with them has been shaken. They were bought out last year and the service hasn't been up to previous years. I'm still with them because I had such good service with them.

Nags
07-11-2021, 09:31 AM
shared hosting: if you have a VERY small site, shared hosting is ok. much more than that, and youll want to upgrade.