PDA

View Full Version : Customer Retention Tips

alec
02-19-2014, 08:59 AM
For any business customers are important, and this is why we're here reading about marketing and advertising. But once you made someone your customer it's important to make sure that when she/he needs another similar product buys from you again.

What ways, apart from quality service and products, are there to keep a customer returning?

A few examples: places that give you free peanuts with your drinks, MCdonalds with their toys, free parking, free samples etc. When a business does any of this the chances of you returning there are higher. What similar things do you know about, do, or want to do?

angelicagapit
02-21-2014, 03:04 AM
The best advice I can give is to give out loyalty cards. They work.

Trust me, people always want that freebie or discount card once they finish loyalty cards. Customers like the feeling of obtaining a freebie at the end or having that feeling of saving because of getting a discount.

This not only builds loyal customers, it also establishes a strong relationship with new customers.

alec
02-21-2014, 10:57 AM
Very good advice, thank you! I've seen hypermarkets do this, and while I did not use the discount cards, most people did. I guess the money loss via discounts will be made back quickly via increased sales volume. And this gave me another idea. Maybe I can print some sort of coupon that says: "Use this until 22 February 2014 and you'll get 2$ off your purchase". But make this offer available only for purchases over 50$. A limited time offer together with a discount will drive more people to my store. Then repeat this at random times in different months.

CG7262
02-22-2014, 12:18 AM
The best advice I can give is to give out loyalty cards. They work.

Trust me, people always want that freebie or discount card once they finish loyalty cards. Customers like the feeling of obtaining a freebie at the end or having that feeling of saving because of getting a discount.

This not only builds loyal customers, it also establishes a strong relationship with new customers.

I absolutely concur. My car wash abuses this to no end. Done with 1 card? Heres another empty so youre going to feel the need to fill it up all over again!

TaraC
02-22-2014, 01:41 AM
When I was an insurance agent, I needed to stay in contact with my clients to increase my renewals, reduce poaching from other agents and referrals. I sent out a bi-monthly newsletter. I also sent out birthday cards for my clients and their kids (if they had any), holiday cards and wedding anniversaries. I also have a blog that was updated with new industry news and customer tips.

alec
02-22-2014, 05:16 AM
Yes, building a mailing list and sending a newsletter sounds good! I remember reading once about a postman that sent Christmas cards in the neighborhoods he worked in and the feedback was great. It was some sort of silly picture of him looking cool along with a greeting message, different one each yer. To find out about birthday and wedding anniversaries I guess you must be in a specific business where you interact more with the clients to make such information available, like in your case, insurance.

fredkawig
02-22-2014, 06:18 AM
Yes. Promotions are one way to get the customers from coming back. Attitude and having a pleasant personality can also attract customers. People like it when they are treated nicely and are treated with uttermost respect. Employees with good attitude and a pleasing personality can definitely give a boost to the morale of the business. Promotions like I've said and other propaganda can really increase your chances of catching the attention of your customers. They will want to grab free stuff and good service at the same time. Use this tips in boosting your business and you will never go wrong.

crucider
02-22-2014, 12:08 PM
Promotions and discounts are one of the best ways to retain your customers. You'll want them to feel like they are wanted and something that'll attract them back. Getting a mailing list and occasionally send them promotions and they'll comeback surely.

Sally108
02-22-2014, 02:27 PM
For one of my home businesses, most reps give a gift if they buy $40 or more of product. I have changed this. I give my customers 10% off of everything. Sometimes the free gift was not something they wanted. Now they feel as though they are getting something fun, as it is always off of the price of something they wanted.

Ryand88
02-22-2014, 03:38 PM
As a customer I'm gonna have to follow the general consensus here and say freebies, they just make me feel like I got the most out of my visit and am willing to go along again and on this note giving the customer what they want certainly works ; making sure that I could go into your business and get exactly what I want without being turned away is a good start and loyalty programs work very well because I feel attached to a business and I need to go and build those points up to spend.

Good luck

mameeker@cuse
02-22-2014, 04:25 PM
Freebies are great and always welcome! With that said service is more important to me than freebies though. I would say a good combination of promotions and good service.

apexa1
02-23-2014, 03:13 AM
How do you go about building a system for loyalty cards? it seem's like a great idea but I know nothing about them.

thanks

TaraC
02-23-2014, 09:38 PM
How do you go about building a system for loyalty cards? it seem's like a great idea but I know nothing about them.

thanks

I found this great article from the US Small Business Administration. I'm not sure where you're located, but the information is solid.

http://www.sba.gov/community/blogs/7-tips-starting-successful-customer-loyalty-program

angelicagapit
02-23-2014, 11:00 PM
Very good advice, thank you! I've seen hypermarkets do this, and while I did not use the discount cards, most people did. I guess the money loss via discounts will be made back quickly via increased sales volume. And this gave me another idea. Maybe I can print some sort of coupon that says: "Use this until 22 February 2014 and you'll get 2$ off your purchase". But make this offer available only for purchases over 50$. A limited time offer together with a discount will drive more people to my store. Then repeat this at random times in different months.

I'm telling you from experience. We have a cafe in our village, and we got a lot of returning customers due to the loyalty cards. Every loyalty card we gave out was completed by the person we gave it to. Loyalty cards will really lure current customers back in. You'll begin to see familiar faces, and you can even make friends with your customers.

You're welcome for the advice, and good luck!

foduu1
02-27-2014, 11:07 PM
I have witnessed hypermarkets make this happen, even though Used to do certainly not make use of the discount playing cards, most people do. I assume the amount of money decline via reductions will likely be created returning easily via enhanced income size. This also presented myself yet another idea. Maybe I could printing getting some sort of discount that will says: "Use that until twenty two Feb . 2014 and you'll acquire 2$ down your current purchase". However makes offer you available just for acquisitions over 50$. A limited moment offer you in addition to a discount will get a lot more people to my personal retail store. Subsequently do this again randomly times in numerous weeks.

angelicagapit
02-28-2014, 01:14 AM
Yes. Promotions are one way to get the customers from coming back. Attitude and having a pleasant personality can also attract customers. People like it when they are treated nicely and are treated with uttermost respect. Employees with good attitude and a pleasing personality can definitely give a boost to the morale of the business. Promotions like I've said and other propaganda can really increase your chances of catching the attention of your customers. They will want to grab free stuff and good service at the same time. Use this tips in boosting your business and you will never go wrong.

I completely agree. Constantly promote your products! Try to target more customers everyday!

However, I know it is difficult to retain customers, especially due to the fact that industries evolve and become more advanced, which then results to customer expectations to become higher and they get used to more advanced products. Thus, that is the time you should innovate your products in order to catch up with the evolving industry. In that way can you retain customers.

delusional
02-28-2014, 05:17 AM
I would offer loyalty cards. Don't make it something insane where you have to spend $100 to get a $1 discount. Make it something like buy 10 items, the eleventh is free. Or at least if your business allows it.

Mafdet
02-28-2014, 09:26 AM
I've worked in customer service for some time now and I've also been in charge with retention. I can tell you from experience that the most important thing when trying to keep a customer from switching to a different service is to be able to understand and meet their needs. You should be ready to invest in surveys, to find out what your customer is interested in. If you have a small business, you can communicate directly to your customers. You should also invest in good customer service personnel.

JohnSword
03-01-2014, 02:51 AM
One tip I would suggest is to start building relationships with them while they are glued to their computer screens and mobile phones. With the rise of social media, it makes sense to start connecting with your customers on these mediums. Focus on building a social presence on platforms such as Twitter and Facebook.

By building an ongoing relationship with your customers, they are more likely to stay loyal to your business even when your competitors come knocking.

autograph
03-01-2014, 10:56 AM
One method to ensure your customer always returns is to give them a sticker that can be exchanged with one of your product. Let's say for every purchase of $20 they get 1 sticker. Accumulate 10 stickers and they get to exchange it with one of your products. I have found this method to be quite effective in increasing a chance for a customer to return.

Lithium
03-02-2014, 03:29 AM
If you have quality services, you don't need anything else. Maybe you should buy an atm if you have a physical business.

pahagwl
03-02-2014, 12:23 PM
Freebies are great and always welcome! With that said service is more important to me than freebies though. I would say a good combination of promotions and good service.
Well, it is very important that you do not go too aggressive on freebies, such that it starts harming your business. I mean, sometimes when the people are able to get a lot of freebies, they end up not liking to pay for that product. Your focus should be on maintaining the quality of service or product that you provide so that the customer ends up satisfied.

eppie
03-02-2014, 10:00 PM
Good customer service is always the best strategy to maintain present clients and gain new customers, thru referrals or word of mouth. Always is and always has been. :)

sdsnook
03-02-2014, 11:41 PM
Relationship building is key! After that free stuff is awesome, but what I really want from the business's I frequent is that helpful smile on every isle kinda feeling! Customer service is crucial these days, too many unemployed and too many unappreciative worker bee's. I don't care if I think I can't live without a product I will not go back if the service was awful. Unless of course there were obvious reasons!

cpefley
03-03-2014, 01:40 AM
I'm going to use Starbucks as an example. I think that customer service and an inviting environment are a great way to keep customers coming back. People are drawn to Starbucks, some every day, because they like how it makes them feel. I think it should be goal of any business owner to make customers feel welcome and happy to come back. I think a great business environment helps customers coming back.

janineaa
03-03-2014, 02:39 AM
Before any tips, customers usually leave because they were not satisfied with the services they received or unhappy with the product, or they decided to go to a competitor. One tip is to set customer expectations earlier on before they set the expectation for you. Another is to be the expert in your field, and let customers go to you as their adviser. They will trust you because of this, thus leading to dependency. Have anticipatory services, which is a proactive approach to customer service. Build relationships online as well where you can receive all kinds of feedback for better services next time.

foduu1
03-05-2014, 05:06 AM
Excellent suggestions, many thanks! We've witnessed hypermarkets try this, and while I did not necessarily make use of the discount playing cards, the majority of people performed. Perhaps the money reduction via special discounts is going to be manufactured rear swiftly via elevated product sales volume. And this also provided me another strategy. It's possible I'm able to art print some type of discount in which states that: "Use this specific until finally 23 Feb 2014 and you may receive 2$ away ones purchase". However get this to provide accessible just for purchases in excess of 50$. A restricted moment provide along with the discount can push a lot more individuals to my retail store. Subsequently continue doing this at random periods in a variety of several weeks.

Lithium
03-05-2014, 11:37 AM
If you have employees, try to train them to be more polite. People will always prefer a business where they are treated nicely.

eWomenNetwork
07-30-2018, 01:39 AM
Great Share! Customer retention strategies usually refer to two major strategies:
To keep currently happy customers continuously happy before they arrive at a point where they want to move to a competitor product.
To turn unhappy customers into happy customers before they move to a competitor product.

It’s important to keep in mind that retention is a byproduct of customer happiness. You’re only able to retain customers if they’re happy.

SandraYanceyeWN
08-06-2018, 02:02 AM
Here are some customer retention tips you might find useful:

Keep in touch with your customers after sale.
Deliver not just good but extraordinary customer experience.
Keep customers excited with the loyalty perks like discounts, premiums, giveaways, freebies.
Let competitors’ weaknesses become your strengths.
Make your customers feel partners, not consumers.
Have company values that your customers can associate with.

Legion
09-20-2018, 12:10 PM
Hey man,

The best way to retain customers in my opinion is with email marketing, you send them valuable content most of the time, and every once in a while you throw in an offer or redirect them to your site etc. this has worked wonders for me!

William1122
10-03-2018, 01:59 AM
I read once about a postman that sent Christmas cards in the areas he worked in and the criticism was extraordinary, to get some answers concerning birthday and wedding commemorations I figure you should be in a particular business where you associate more with the customers to make such data accessible, as for your situation, protection...

SandraYanceyeWN
10-06-2018, 04:08 AM
Some of the great customer retention tips are:

1. Thank your customers for choosing you
2. Surprise your customers and do more than they are expecting
3. Reward your loyal customers
4. By improving your customer service

Robert45
03-12-2019, 09:17 AM
Retention remain exist until quality do not compromise

abdulkaddir
03-13-2019, 04:07 AM
Loyalty cards can work, even weekend offers plays a good role in getting back your customers.

debora
12-31-2019, 05:08 AM
1) Create peaks in the customer experience
2) Continuously test email strategies
3) Tailor your loyalty program to your business goals
4) Be where your customers are
5) Be passionate and engaged
6) Offer time-limited promotions
7) Be transparent and honest with your customers
8) Don’t over-promise
9) Create a customer community around your brand
10) Incentivize social shares

garynino
01-12-2020, 08:39 PM
For any business customers are important, and this is why we're here reading about marketing and advertising. But once you made someone your customer it's important to make sure that when she/he needs another similar product buys from you again.

What ways, apart from quality service and products, are there to keep a customer returning?

A few examples: places that give you free peanuts with your drinks, MCdonalds with their toys, free parking, free samples etc. When a business does any of this the chances of you returning there are higher. What similar things do you know about, do, or want to do?

I sent out a bi-monthly newsletter. I also sent out birthday cards for my clients and their kids (if they had any), holiday cards and wedding anniversaries. I also have a blog that was updated with new industry news and customer tips.Speed Test (https://testmyspeed.onl/) Scrabble Word Finder (https://scrabblewordfinder.vip/) Solitaire (https://solitaire.onl/)

lishmaliny
02-11-2020, 04:15 AM
Give great service. Customer retention is fickle when customer service is lacking.
Be quick to resolve issues. Not every product works exactly right and sometimes paid services donąt meet expectations.
Keep in touch.
Reward loyalty.
Thank your customers.

Gwynnewer
03-20-2020, 04:32 AM
In order for the business to be successful, you can use different methods. Even things like souvenirs and free coffee are good. Self-expression, in the sense of souvenirs from companies, always looks good and interesting. Therefore, in such things, uniqueness is very important. If we consider an interesting example, the so-called dolls in Russia (https://www.tresorsderussie.com/en/matryoshka-russian-nesting-dolls-xsl-350.html), then you can use it with us. Moreover, the prices are quite reasonable, about 4 dollars (more precisely, 4.50), there is a classic Russian doll in three parts!

Geetha
04-10-2021, 02:06 AM
Here are a few ways companies can improve customer retention:
Give great service. Customer retention is fickle when customer service is lacking. ...
Be quick to resolve issues. Not every product works exactly right and sometimes paid services donąt meet expectations. ...
Keep in touch. ...
Reward loyalty. ...
Thank your customers.