PDA

View Full Version : Is it difficult to create a small business on ebay?

Lithium
02-21-2014, 04:00 AM
I want to buy clothes at a low price and sell them at a higher price on e-bay. I don't want to hire anyone momentary, I just want to see if I can make some money. Is it difficult to ship the items to other countries? Can I make a profit? Do I have to pay any taxes?

alec
02-21-2014, 10:38 AM
No need to hire anyone at this point, shipping the items yourself is enough if you're just starting.

Now. Shipping to other countries means added costs via postal services. If you're planning on selling cheap products I don't think it'll be worth it nor will it be much interest since such items will be bough locally (why pay shipping for something cheap?). The taxes. This depends on the country you're located in. Where I'm living I'm not required to declare the money I get from selling items online as an individual. If you're opening an online store things may be different.

One more thing I can say about taxes is that when buying from other countries you have to pay both VAT and border taxes when you pickup your package, or so it is here where I live.

jptrey06
02-21-2014, 11:15 AM
Ebay is a good choice if you have quality and unique product. If not, it's tough. The competition on Ebay is so tough so selling cheap items is not a very good idea. You may want to buy items that will target a particular market that they will be willing to pay the big amount of shipping fee wherever they are.

Like what the previous post said import taxes are also there and shipping cost depending on where the customer is might hurt your price and they will always choose a cheaper option. So even if you and your competition have the same price tag, but your shipping fee is way more than his then the customer will chose the cheaper shipping cost.
That's why ebay is tough unless you have really good items and you a have a particular target market.

delusional
02-21-2014, 02:18 PM
I don't think this won't be hard. It's not really a business, though. You might be able to turn it into a business but just make sure you get a lot of sales first.

apexa1
02-22-2014, 12:43 AM
ebay is great if you have a niche, but if you're selling random items you're always probably gonna have stiff competition.

TaraC
02-22-2014, 01:35 AM
I used to have an eBay business. I made my first money online via eBay. It was fairly easy, but that was awhile ago. I didn't ship international either. It just made it much simpler. Clothing is very popular on eBay. You will need to standout from the crowd.

Gmac9100
02-22-2014, 03:15 AM
No. It's not hard at all. In my opinion selling on Ebay is the easiest business you can have online. All you need is a little start up money to buy products, and to pay for shipping when you make a sale. Just sign up for a seller's account on Ebay, and you're ready to go. Make sure you have a good selection products, and keep your seller rating in good standing. People know better than to buy from sellers with bad ratings.

fredkawig
02-22-2014, 05:57 AM
That's not difficult but you may want to be cautious since E-bay generally is a site full of scammers including the employees and the site itself. Be warned, I had a bad experience with this site already in our locality since the employees are in cahoots with the scammers who get approved in posting stuff in the website, there is no customer service help whatsoever so it's much worse.

loraanna
03-31-2014, 12:59 PM
Ebay has alot of competition but it can work. If you get a ebaystore you can cut down on fees. the store fees start at $19.99 per month. but their are lots of other places to sell items. eCrater.com it's free and Tophatter.com and many others. Just do a google search.

Joliry
09-30-2014, 01:53 AM
I would forget about Ebay. There is more money to be made elsewhere. Have you considered private labeling your own clothing and selling that online? I learnt how to do this and now I have my own E-commerce business selling my own private label products.

1Maverick
01-29-2016, 01:39 PM
I want to buy clothes at a low price and sell them at a higher price on e-bay. I don't want to hire anyone momentary, I just want to see if I can make some money. Is it difficult to ship the items to other countries? Can I make a profit? Do I have to pay any taxes?

Hey Lithium,

I actually have been running a successful business both on & offline via Ebay and other sites. It's fantastic and can also be semi-automated if you want. Unfortunately, i haven't finished my Books & guides with my step by step process i used to build a GLOBAL SHOPPING NETWORK.
However, feel free to inbox me so that i can notify you when i'm completed. In the mean time you can get another FREE guide you must read before starting any business. Get it NOW (http://www.moneymanmaverick.com)!!

vanya20k
10-10-2017, 09:34 PM
I don't think it'll be worth it nor will it be much interest since such items will be bough locally (why pay shipping for something cheap?). The taxes. This depends on the country you're located in.

Amelia_S
02-17-2019, 03:44 PM
Hi,
it's not difficult you just have to follow some steps :
1. Find sourcing options.
2. Educate yourself.
3. Open and optimize an eBay Store.
4. Develop your online "triangle of success."
5. Set gold-star customer service policies.

dafont (https://appsync.biz/dafont/) 192.168.l.l (https://192168ll.onl/) filehippo (https://appsync.biz/filehippo/)

essencepk
10-26-2019, 01:34 AM
Building an eBay business is like building any other company from scratch. It's a messy process. ... Selling isn't easy, but getting your business going on eBay is actually pretty simple and straightforward. If you're not already an eBay member, you'll need to get an eBay account.

Lilykevin95
08-07-2020, 11:27 PM
stories Work life balance Home Starting a Business Setting up an organization COMMENT. Follow these tips for setting up a business on eBay. Anna Jordan Creating that first sale is simple.

lishmaliny
05-12-2021, 09:52 AM
Selling isn't easy, but getting your business going on eBay is actually pretty simple and straightforward. If you're not already an eBay member, you'll need to get an eBay account. It is the same kind of account that eBay shoppers use, and it's free to set up.