PDA

View Full Version : Are there any 'work from home' sites?

Lithium
02-21-2014, 04:05 AM
Many people are saying they are making money only by executing a few simple tasks. All those sites seem like a scam to me or a big headache. I think with that effort, I could make more money in real life.

Has anybody made a profit out of these sites? Are they worth the time?

JohnSword
02-22-2014, 12:39 AM
Back when I was still young and naive, I used to believe that such sites were a godsend for someone who doesn't want to work a 9 to 5 office job. And so, I signed out for most of them, only to find out that there were either scams or a waste of time. I definitely learned my lesson the hard way, since I actually forked out cash to purchase a 'system that would make you $500 a week from home.'

It wasn't long before I realized that like everything else in life, earning a decent income from home requires a lot of hard work. Don't fall prey to sites that offer false promises.

apexa1
02-22-2014, 12:50 AM
theres ones that arent a scam, such as amazon mturk. but the pay is really low. i mean like its usually less than half of minimum wage. it's up to you to decide whether the pros outweigh the cons.

Taru
02-22-2014, 01:24 AM
I don't think there is one program that would provide for a full time income, or at least it wouldn't just depend on just a site itself rather than how one is creative enough to utilize such a program/site. There are lots of ways to earn online, but since a lot of people are participating, you'd have to be unique and set yourself apart or at least find an angle that's different from the others. I liken it to offline businesses in that way, since almost all offline businesses have already seemingly been invented, but it doesn't mean it would be senseless to join the market and compete anymore. Surely, there is still a chance for anyone who does the service better above everyone else.

cpefley
02-22-2014, 01:33 AM
I use a few different sites, and the pay is pretty low, but there is room to grow, especially with referrals. I never pay for a site though. That is a big mistake and a red flag when looking for legitimate work-at-home sites.

Rainman
02-22-2014, 01:53 AM
I've heard that freelance web-sites such as odesk offer paid-per-hour work from home jobs. Although most freelancers work for slightly less than what they'd get paid if they worked at a 9-5:00 job, they still earn a decent income. So it really depends on the site where you seek work. All you need to watch out for are two warning signs:

1)The promise of little work for good pay.
2)Upfront payment to access job "database."

Gmac9100
02-22-2014, 03:04 AM
There is Microworkers. I know some some people who make enough on there to claim it as their main source of income. Although my opinion is that Mturk is the best. I doubt you can make enough money to pay all of your bills, but if you you work at it you can easily make $300, or more a month The pay isn't fair, but at least you are receiving consistent work.

WeDontSleep
02-22-2014, 05:46 AM
Amazon mTurk for US citizens and MicroWorkers for Europeans are really reliable and perfectly fine websites to earn money from home. Their tasks can get pretty repetitive and sometimes even boring, but I suggest trying them out regardless. If you want to know more, visit /r/Beermoney subreddit, they are always talking about ways to make money on the internet.

autograph
02-22-2014, 06:03 AM
I think you have answered your own questions; those online sites are not the one you want to join if you want a steady income.
Do you live in the US? If yes, you can consider looking up Bing Rewards and Amazon mTurk; this should be pretty good for a source for extra cash. The people who work from home and generate a steady source of income typically have their own online business. For starters, I guess you could start freelancing, there any many freelance jobs posted online and maybe you could try giving it a go.

delusional
02-22-2014, 03:00 PM
I have used Amazon Mechanical Turk in the past. It's pretty easy to make some money doing stupid tasks. Some tasks are even fun to do.

M.K
02-22-2014, 05:04 PM
There are quite a few, but they don't represent a very large source of income. It's a tempting idea, but at some point you need to ask yourself if 300-400$ a month is going to cut it. You're better off washing dishes, honestly.

Lois5669
02-22-2014, 06:51 PM
It depends on your skills as to whether or not you can make a living from working at home. There are many legit ways to make extra money, but not live on. There are other ways to combine some part time work ops together and make a living.

My suggestion to you is to do a google search on "work at home reviews". This will bring up various sources that are well established and trustworthy. It will also bring up scams. Research who and what you decide to listen to. It's not hard to figure out the ones that are legit. Good luck! Happy hunting!

angelicagapit
02-22-2014, 10:28 PM
I see 'work from home' sites as just a way to earn some extra cash.

There are actually a bunch of sites that aren't scams, yet at the same time, there are also a bunch that are scams. All you really need to do before joining a site is to do your research, read reviews, and find proof of payment. I earn from a few sites already, and I'm satisfied with a little extra cash.

I hope I helped!

mameeker@cuse
02-22-2014, 11:21 PM
Iy is much easier to get a part time job than make money online. You make a lot less money for a lot more work online generally.

Gmac9100
02-23-2014, 06:45 AM
Not true. You could earn the same amount of money online, as you could with a part time job. and you wouldn't have to expend half the effort. Mturk is the best way to achieve that. Mturk is comparable to a real per time job.

CG7262
02-23-2014, 09:39 PM
In order of profitability (in my opinion: Mturk, Microworkers, CloudCrowd, Fiverr.

In any case though, it largely depends on your skillset. You can't just assume that anyone can make a fortune on the internet. Programmers, Coders and Writers with a fair bit of web design knowledge come to mind as the ones with the best chance. You don't need skills like that but it would help on internet money-making quite a lot of you did.

angelicagapit
02-23-2014, 10:54 PM
I use a few different sites, and the pay is pretty low, but there is room to grow, especially with referrals. I never pay for a site though. That is a big mistake and a red flag when looking for legitimate work-at-home sites.

I definitely agree. I use two different online money-making sites, and the pay is very low. However, I'm satisfied with what I currently own because I exert minimal effort just to earn some extra cash.

I also agree that you should never pay to join a site. Most of the time, those are scams. Good luck and be careful when finding some money-making sites!

fredkawig
02-24-2014, 07:40 AM
There are a lot of work from home sites and most of them are scams or sites that advetise pretty good money but is actually a lie. You could earn money from them but the pay is very low that you should work or do something else than waste your time trying to earn a penny from those sites. There is no work from home site that offers a huge pay for no effort. Better to do real works and find a real job if you want to sustain your family or yourself. A business would be a better alternative rather than wasting your time looking for too good to be true scams.

sofieb529
02-24-2014, 08:19 AM
I think you have answered your own questions; those online sites are not the one you want to join if you want a steady income.
Do you live in the US? If yes, you can consider looking up Bing Rewards and Amazon mTurk; this should be pretty good for a source for extra cash. The people who work from home and generate a steady source of income typically have their own online business. For starters, I guess you could start freelancing, there any many freelance jobs posted online and maybe you could try giving it a go.

Bing Rewards! Never heard of this one. Will check out!

robotx
02-25-2014, 08:30 AM
There are some legitimately paying sites, but I wouldn't call them a steady income. On most, you will make far too little money and burn out quickly. They are like sweatshop labor.

eppie
03-08-2014, 03:34 AM
Try Elance.com and Odesk.com. These are freelance job market sites where you can find various jobs (part-time or full-time) depending on your skills. Hourly jobs are secured by an escrow system so you will have no problem in collecting payments for your services.

As for per project jobs, choose employers with good feedbacks from other workers. You can really work online full-time and earn decently from it. Just like real jobs you have to be patient because it will take time to build your online reputation to command a higher rate for your service. :)

mikelouis
03-08-2014, 03:45 AM
Yes there are work at home site but how much you will make depends on time you spend on the site and the project you are working on. Sometimes you might make more money sometimes you may make peanuts. Well, join freelance sites such as oDesk, guru, Freelancer among others. You will find a lot of work at home opportunities on the site.

strokeontent
03-08-2014, 05:03 AM
I used freelancer in the past, both as an employee and as an employer and don't think they are a scam.

The only problem with these sites that allow you to work from home is that their fees are usually on the verge of extortion, leaving you with little profit for your efforts.

For example, I have offered to complete an 8 working hours project for $30 in order to get the lowest bid in and attract the interest of the employer. I win it and spend the next 8 hours working like crazy in order to deliver the project on time. Employer pays me $30, freelancer takes $5 leaving me with $25. I try to withdraw via paypal and am told the amount is below minimum.

Then again if your cost of living is low (i.e.: If you live in southeast Asia) and have nothing better to do, it may be a good enough source of income.

For most westerners I don't think these work from home sites are worth it as the cost of living in Western countries is higher.

Lithium
03-08-2014, 01:27 PM
It seems that the microjobs are the most profitable kinds of sites out there.

Lostvalleyguy
03-08-2014, 05:42 PM
Online income for me is a little pocket change at the end of the week. I make a good hourly wage when I work in the real world, but I often am left with an hour of dead time between clients. This is when I hit the computer. I might earn a couple of dollars here and there, in the end, I have $20 - $30 in my account to cash out. No, it is not an income, but it isn't a scam either. There are sites that legitimately pay, but usually not well.

The good thing I will say about online income it is is something that you can do, walk away from, and come back to throughout the day.

angelicagapit
03-09-2014, 06:18 AM
I make some money online and I'm not complaining about the pay at all. It's reasonable pay for the little effort I'm doing. I'm having fun earning money online. My initial goal was for earning money, but eventually I enjoyed doing what I did to earn that money.

Yes, making money online might not be a steady income, but it does help me buy some dinner. I love making money, any way that I could.

owesem75
03-09-2014, 07:10 AM
Try odesk.com if you have that special skills like graphic designer, webpage developer, programmer, etc. If you are good, you will earn good. There so many other similar sites to this. I just cannot endorse them all here as I do not own them. Odesk is just popular. Good luck!

angelicagapit
03-09-2014, 05:12 PM
Is that your favorite freelance site?

Actually I have a Fiverr and it's been difficult landing a job. My job is actually pretty well and I find it more expensive than $5!

My job is 'I will make a promotional poster for your products for $5' and still I haven't landed a job. I guess it's only been a week or two, but I thought it might be a little easier to get some views on my gig.

Do you recommend odesk more? Have you earned from the site and is it easy to land a job?

albertj786
03-14-2014, 02:15 AM
i don't think so mostly sites are just scam and fake they would not pay you anything but yeah there's also some sites which pay you pretty less but still atleast they are not scam like other sites

CommunityCoin
03-21-2014, 12:55 AM
I have always looked for this type of site myself. It would be nice if there was a website that offered say $10 an hour for you to complete a reasonable amount of tasks.

garfish
03-23-2014, 11:01 PM
There are still lots of them particularly the freelance websites like elance and odesk. Its just hard to compete with the people there because they've already established their businesses but surely the work can be rewarding if you just have some patience to build your profile well. I myself have worked for few employers and seems good. I just don't get much employers to notice me because there are lots of people who are low bidders and could get the job done as well.

bingaguilar
03-24-2014, 04:08 AM
There are a lot of work-from-home sites that are actually legit. ODesk and Elance are just two of those sites. However, there is stiff competition for jobs there as you have to bid for them. You really need to know how to "sell" yourself in these sites. The ones that you should beware of are those sites that ask you to pay to access their sites or database or buy a program before you can start earning. I just steer clear of these sites especially the ones that promise big payoffs but are very vague about how you can earn them. Any site that asks for money first is almost, always a scam ;)

darelle4
03-24-2014, 09:19 PM
Well Amazon Mechanical Turk doesn't work for those outside the US and that is my problem right now but there are other websites such as humanatics.com that pay you to listen to and grade calls. There are legit work at home opportunities but they may not be paying you much.

SteakTartare
03-24-2014, 11:32 PM
Many people are saying they are making money only by executing a few simple tasks. All those sites seem like a scam to me or a big headache. I think with that effort, I could make more money in real life.

A ton of them are outright scams. Others are real, but you have to burn up an insane amount of time for pennies. I'd imagine a few have decent time-to-cash ratios, but a job or investments are always going to yield more.

eagle22
03-25-2014, 09:42 PM
I know a lot of it seems like a scam, and to be honest a lot of it is. With that said, there are still plenty of ways you can make money from the internet. One of the most popular ways is to do general transcriptions. You can get paid more for medical but you have to actually become certified.

daleo717
03-25-2014, 11:31 PM
I think most of them are scams, and the few that are real take a lot of work for little pay. I once answered an add that said get paid to stuff envelopes. You had to pay a small fee and then they sent you addresses of people to send a brochure to. I sent the money and got the addresses but never got paid. When I tried to call customer service, you could never get through. Finally I got through and it said the number was out of order. So I lost my $29. I think if they got $29 from a lot of people, then they made out pretty good. Big scam.

I do use this site from time to time: http://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?daleo717, but you only make 2 cents per ad you look at. It takes about 30-60 seconds to do each ad. You will make 1 cent for up to 2 levels below you. I have received a few cheques for $25 over that past 5 years. But it is very slow going. In general it is better to go get a normal job.

cmiller
03-28-2014, 12:31 AM
Yes I have made money online with these sites. Simply google them and if you are not sure on whether the site is legit or not google it. Look up reviews on that particular company or site. Go to youtube and look at videos on it and see what luck others have had with it.

LibertyDenied
03-30-2014, 05:18 PM

Has anybody made a profit out of these sites? Are they worth the time?

People hyping their profits from simple online work often live in regions where the cost of living is very low. The money they earn is great, if you live in the Philippines, but worthless if you live in Idaho or New York.

To profit, you have to get away from the easy pay-per-task sites. There is no easy way to make a living online. It takes lots of effort, and you absolutely must have more than one income stream.

canoe
04-01-2014, 01:04 AM
I know there's mechanical turks for Amazon. A lot of Indians use it to make chump change. I tried using it before and honestly, the amount of effort needed to make 2-3 dollars per hour is too much. Might as well just get a job and mcdonalds. Seriously.

NukeBlaster
05-28-2014, 01:41 AM
I liken it to offline businesses in that way, since almost all offline businesses have already seemingly been invented, but it doesn't mean it would be senseless to join the market and compete anymore. Surely, there is still a chance for anyone who does the service better above everyone else.

peterdrucker27
06-28-2014, 05:45 AM
I use many website and they pay very low amount but you can grow over a period of time with referring to clients.but dont pay anythings to them and first check the guideline and rules first.

Pierre Jousse
07-02-2014, 08:22 AM
Hi everyone,

Personally I think that the best website for freelancers is https://www.primeaspire.com/

It is a safe marketplace that connects freelancers and companies looking to use freelancers for specific tasks.

You can apply for all the tasks posted on it, itís worldwide and itís 100% free-to-use! Moreover there is NO BIDDING SYSTEM!!

You sign up in less than 2 minutes and you can find interesting and well-paid projects.

Hope that it wil help you.

MedTutor
07-04-2014, 09:20 PM
In my experience, most websites like this are a total scam or not worth your time and effort.

Steven patterson
10-08-2015, 06:15 AM
I have used Amazon Turk.

Danielnchen
11-05-2015, 12:17 AM
I Also used Amazon Mechanical Turk.

Malik Suleman
11-27-2015, 11:53 PM
yeah many more sites fiverr.com and elance.com like sites are the best

campbelljof
02-01-2016, 03:38 AM
Tell us your expertise. Then it would be easy to suggest you.

Jackie Chan
03-16-2016, 09:33 PM
Mobile ads are the way of the future. Pick a niche, optimize the site for that niche, and make money!

Yeah, totally agree with you. Good thinking!

emmawatson009
08-01-2016, 06:05 AM
It just depends what you are looking to get into. For the past year and a half I have worked about 30 hours a week writing for articles or blogs and have pulled in anywhere from $2,000 Ė $3,000 per month. I think the best thing you can do to pull in a good full time income is to create a job around your skills. Feel free to visit here (https://www.linkedin.com/company/redgage-llc) if you need help coming up with ideas or getting started.

itsnotsobad
08-16-2016, 07:48 AM
I think the op is referring to micro tasks I believe and not writing articles.

Those tasks sites are not really meant to replace an income after all you're just getting pennies to complete tasks.

The other types of sites that a lot of people make a little money with are survey sites. You can make "bill" money but that's it. The way to the bigger income is getting referrals on these surveys sites.

I've made a nice side income from my referrals, not on doing the actual surveys itself.

seoweavers
09-28-2016, 06:00 AM
You there are lot of sites like fiverr.com
upwork.com
freelancer.com
etc

CyberJohn
01-09-2017, 07:43 AM
Hey! Here are some "work from home" sites. Try to check this!

Work From Home Guide: A list of legitimate, work-at-home job opportunities (http://marketinghangout.co/u/1251/work-from-home-guide-a-list-of-legitimate-work-at-home-job-opportunities)

getfitwithwoodley
01-28-2017, 08:41 PM
Hi,
I was a skeptic myself and have been burned but with perseverance I came across this opportunity that works and pay. if you a serious about generating an income send me a request at requst4info@yahoo.com - please attention to the spelling of the email it is not a mistake.

contacthelp
03-04-2019, 02:39 AM
nice share thanks for sharing such information

SkyMediaSingapore
04-05-2019, 01:17 AM
how can i work on it

amayajace
11-22-2019, 03:28 AM
Clinical regulatory affairs director. Salary range: $150,000 - $151,000.
Supervisory attorney. Salary range: $117,000 - $152,000.
Senior medical writer.
Environmental engineer.
Director of quality improvement.

valkent
11-22-2019, 06:58 AM
Work from domestic jobs: Virtual assistants If you're organised, have properly WiFi internet at home and a reliable pc or computer, becoming a digital assistant could be a great money earner. There are plenty of websites in which you can sign in your abilties together with peopleperhour.Com.

amayajace
12-03-2019, 05:39 AM
CenturyLink.
Dell.
Shutterstock.
Support.com.
TaxJar.

vinitha
12-10-2019, 01:28 AM
FlexJobs. This is the Big Mama of Work at Home Job Sites. ...
Jobspresso. So, Jobspresso is cool because they only post remote jobs. ...
Virtual Vocations. ...
AngelList. ...
Remote OK. ...
We Work Remotely. ...
Indeed.com. ...
Working Nomads.

lishmaliny
02-14-2020, 06:20 AM
FlexJobs. This is the Big Mama of Work at Home Job Sites.
Jobspresso. So, Jobspresso is cool because they only post remote jobs.
Virtual Vocations. For my readers based outside the U.S.

vision2020
02-15-2020, 06:02 PM
Here's something that may work for you, especially if you are new to internet marketing like I am.
Here's a free webinar that shows you how to use social media and they even offer to do the work for you to promote and sale their product giving you the commission.
Let me know what you think http://j.mp/ExclusiveTrainingFromWes

newlooksales
02-27-2020, 11:40 PM
There are many websites for working from home. If you proficient in any following works, like; webdesign, graphic design, online marketing, digital marketing, SEO, SMM, SEM then you can earn from home for the mention works.

The below mention websites are the best for those types of work.
Upwork
Freelancer
Fiverr
Microworkers

lishmaliny
03-20-2020, 04:32 AM
Start by finding job listings on LinkedIn, career sites and freelancing websites like UpWork.com and Freelancer.com. As you gain experience, create your own website and market your work through social media to expand the network. You will be paid according to the services you offer.

Geethan
04-24-2020, 04:31 AM
Yes, there are work from home jobs that are legit. However, you have to look really hard to find them. Sometimes, online jobs can pay small amounts for micro jobs, you will certainly have to work at it. You can look into surveys if you are in the US, surveys do not really work for international workers.

Geethan
04-30-2020, 07:20 AM
There are many home based jobs available on the internet that you can do from home if you have an internet connection and some typing and writing skills. Some of these jobs are affiliate marketing, interpreter jobs, academic writing jobs, data entry jobs, website testing jobs, tutoring tutor jobs, and many more.

Artisingh1
04-30-2020, 10:26 AM
Numerous organizations like Formstack are offering remote work for their representatives. While you assemble your validity in the activity advertise, you can without much of a stretch secure positions on different independent destinations also. At last, on the off chance that you need to begin bringing in cash on the web, remote outsourcing with Flexjobs is my #1 decision.

Artisingh1
05-02-2020, 10:52 AM
Numerous organizations like Formstack are offering remote work for their representatives. While you manufacture your believability in the activity showcase, you can without much of a stretch secure positions on different independent locales too. At long last, in the event that you need to begin bringing in cash on the web, remote outsourcing with Flexjobs is my #1 decision.

Nolan1
05-28-2020, 01:47 AM
Some people have already mentioned this type of "work" but I would like to say a few words about it again. gambling is a great way of earning money. Personally, I found a trustworthy one from this list of the best payout online casino UK (https://wageringadvisors.co.uk/best-payout-online-casino-uk/) and you know, I don't regret doing it as it brings me a lot of cash

Geethan
06-08-2020, 06:03 AM
Nowadays there are lot of resources where people can work from home without doing any investment. ... You don't have to invest money if you use your mind in a right way. But the main problem is where to find those resources or platform where people from India can earn money. So you don't have to research for those sources.

jacksonsamy2
10-26-2020, 07:44 AM
Besides those listed above, other websites that offer job postings include Monster.com, indeed.com, Guru.com, iFreelance.com, and Freelanced.com. When searching a traditional job site such as Monster or Indeed, use keywords like ďtelecommuteĒ or ďwork-from-homeĒ and enter ďanywhereĒ or ďremoteĒ in the location field.

$200perday
10-26-2020, 07:48 AM
So, Iím proud of you because you take the right decision by commenting back, I got you !
Making money online using my strategy that costs $0 (Iím not charging people yet!) and itís free to start, 100% legal and it has so few competitors! so, are you still with me? Thatís what makes it very simple to get your first checks, and you can make it your monthly profits and work just once to get recurring commissions !
Okay, every person has already read a book right? and it takes time to get it done from A to Z !
But now, Audio books are getting huge wave of requests, 2020 itís their beginning to explode and our analytics are expecting from them to go even further, Amazon are offering an exclusive offer to be a partner and make a profit with them, Sign Up For Free And Get A 30 Days Free Trial + Free 2 Books ! Thatís it ? No, You get any book you think that a lot of people are using it and start promoting it everywhere! itís simple . Let's say youíre promoting a book that costs $44.99, And you bring 10 people from facebook groups to buy this book, your profit will be $440.99 just in one day!!!! Thatís 100% commission, every book has his own commission percentage so, TAKE ACTION, ITíS YOU OPPORTUNITE, ITíS NOW OR NEVER!! :D
The link youíre gonna make money with : https://amzn.to/2T9MkVb
I wish you the best !

Muthuraj
10-28-2020, 02:37 AM
If you want to work from home you can try the following top-rated freelance websites. There have lots of job opportunities found in different categories. They are paid genuinely for your good work.

master007
11-01-2020, 11:30 PM
theres ones that arent a scam, such as amazon mturk. but the pay is really low. i mean like its usually less than half of minimum wage. it's up to you to decide whether the pros outweigh the cons.

Nags
01-30-2021, 07:45 AM

master007
02-10-2021, 10:54 AM
I've heard that freelance web-sites such as odesk offer paid-per-hour work from home jobs. Although most freelancers work for slightly less than what they'd get paid if they worked at a 9-5:00 job, they still earn a decent income. So it really depends on the site where you seek work.

Nags
02-13-2021, 04:52 AM

lishmaliny
04-03-2021, 06:44 AM
A. Well, there are a number of places to go to for options. These include Fiverr, Freelancer, Upwork, etc. Check this list for more details.

master007
04-03-2021, 01:26 PM
I used to believe that such sites were a godsend for someone who doesn't want to work a 9 to 5 office job. And so, I signed out for most of them, only to find out that there were either scams or a waste of time. I definitely learned my lesson the hard way, since I actually forked out cash to purchase a 'system that would make you $500 a week from home.'

Bigil
04-15-2021, 09:31 AM
It wasn't long before I realized that like everything else in life, earning a decent income from home requires a lot of hard work. Don't fall prey to sites that offer false promises.