PDA

View Full Version : Better salary or great working conditions?

DomDom
02-21-2014, 04:47 PM
What in your guys experience is better for the company ? To give employees a bigger salary (% or bonus) or great working conditions ?

CeliVega
02-24-2014, 10:17 PM
It varies from person to person. For some, they can endure a lot of stress and hardships doesn't really care about how good or bad is their working environment. I believe these kind of people are those that prefer a nice salary. However there's some that wouldn't mind a mediocre salary as long as it's not too low, but they seek a good working environment. I can relate to these kind of people though. For them a good working environment makes the best out of you and being stress-free tend to increase the morale and loyalty among the employees.

mameeker@cuse
02-24-2014, 11:18 PM
I would always want a combination of both, as one increases I think the other one should equally. It may take longer to achieve, but it feels much better.

alec
02-25-2014, 12:01 PM
Definitely a mix, this way you can please both the employees that need bigger pay and the ones that want to work in a pleasant stress free environment even if the pay is not that good. It may be hard to achieve but it's easier for you, the employer, since achieving this mix will attract quality future employees and keep the ones you have happy. Obviously, you can also try doing as CeliVega suggests. From my experience as an employee I know there are some people that don't care about a big salary if they have an easy time at work and then there are those that work in slave like conditions as long as the pay is great.

delusional
02-25-2014, 12:10 PM
I think people who work in worse conditions always get a better salary. At least in western countries. In Asian countries it tends to be the opposite.

Rainman
02-26-2014, 04:38 AM
I'd prefer better working conditions. For example, if someone was to offer me a job in Afghanistan and promises a six figure pay check, I wouldn't take it because of the insecurity. And closer home. . .get a job in a small town with no social amenities with the promise of a raise and a promotion? Still I'd not take it. My job is supposed to make me enough to enjoy my life.

Taru
02-28-2014, 02:32 AM
I think better working conditions will ultimately yield the most effective employees. If you offer higher salaries, you may get people who are in it just for the money, which isn't such a terrible thing, but you would probably have a higher chance of finding someone who's passionate and actually wants to be there with just a nicer environment. Of course, this would hardly be exact science, as even with this incentive, you'd get some of those people who aren't exactly passionate, but I think the chances would be better with the latter incentive.

wander_n_wonder
02-28-2014, 03:30 PM
What in your guys experience is better for the company ? To give employees a bigger salary (% or bonus) or great working conditions ?

I would say great working conditions. People spend more than half of their day in the company, compared to the time they spend at home. Therefore, it is definitely important. Money is usually secondary and it will not matter much when people feel valued because they are being provided with good working conditions.

cpefley
02-28-2014, 04:19 PM
I think that in an ideal situation, it would be best to do both. That is a tough choice. Employees like to get rewarded with bonuses, but if you make their work environment an unpleasant one, why would they stay?

crucider
02-28-2014, 04:34 PM
In my opinion, a better working condition would be the best choice. Sure a better salary is great and all, but that wouldn't necessarily meant that the job is a good job. If you have a great working condition then you'll probably be more likely to like your job which in my opinion is a good job.

CSomm
02-28-2014, 05:35 PM
Companies that want to thrive in this market need to be able to provide excellent working conditions, since salary increases are not viable given the economic climate. If you are happy with your job, you'll stick with it even if the pay isn't that great, and companies that can provide that sort of personal touch (we're all this together) have a much better chance of riding out the storm during tough times. The salaries will come back around, but right now people need to feel like they aren't wasting their lives at their jobs for low pay.

ursell
02-28-2014, 05:49 PM
I would want both. Everybody needs a good working environment other wise they would not work in that place of
business. I would like to have a decent salary.

danderson239
02-28-2014, 09:37 PM
There are four major categories to consider for employee engagement: compensation, benefits, professional development, and organizational culture. People have baseline expectations for salary and benefits, but there is little to no correlation between increasing salary and increasing job satisfaction. That said, you need to meet their baseline expectations for salary and benefits! On the contrary, there is a strong correlation between increasing investments in professional development/culture and increasing your employees' job satisfaction.

Pay a fair salary, invest a portion of your profits towards your staffs' professional development, and invest in your company's culture by holding workplace events (company picnics, etc.).

Lostvalleyguy
03-02-2014, 04:03 PM
Salary and working conditions are somewhat interchangeable. Everyone would have their own exchange rate, but I see it like this:
Flexible hours on short notice: Worth a lot to the working mom who has to deal with a sick child at home, but worth little to the person without kids. (Daycare is the same.)
Free coffee, snacks, or meals: For the young fast food employee, a free lunch is a valuable thing, but for the middle aged diet conscious adult it may be no perk at all. (Other taxable benefits anyone?)
Free use of facilities: A free ski pass was a great incentive when I started working at a ski hill. When I foolishly got myself promoted to a 9 to 5 Monday to Friday desk job, that pass had little value.

If we have options in terms of employment, to choose or not to choose dollars over perks and conditions, we will assign a value to these benefits and make out decisions according to that value.

sdsnook
03-02-2014, 05:29 PM
Me personally I will work for peanuts if my boss is good. A good leader that is... nothing absolutely nothing compares to a good leader. I don't care if you pay me more then I am worth, yea I will show up, but I won't appreciate you if you pay to well and don't also lead well. Also, even if I have to work in a closet if my boss understands somethings gotta change then I will stand by them to the end. To me it's all in who I work for. Which since your asking the question, I would assume you are a great leader! Shoe in!!

RickGrantham
03-02-2014, 08:44 PM
People take a job because of the salary and benefits. These are SHORT TERM motivators. Some people even refer to the as de-motivators.

People leave jobs because of poor working conditions. Working conditions and happiness in your company (pat on the back, etc) is a long term motivator.

bonnieanna1986
03-03-2014, 04:43 AM
They're both very important for different reasons. I would say that great working conditions is the most important factor as one should usually be prioritizing long-term benefits. As an employee, a better salary might draw me in but less than great working conditions would quickly drive me away.

crimsonghost747
03-03-2014, 07:50 AM
It's about finding the balance. Good working conditions are essential but if the salary is very low, then it will limit your capability of having a good time outside of work. While a normal salary is fine, if you are working minimum wage and barely have enough money for food you can't expect to go out with friends of family for dinner or be able to afford going abroad on holidays etc.

But even a high salary is not worth it if you feel miserable. So finding the proper balance is what is best for everyone.

autograph
03-03-2014, 08:22 AM
When you are still young, aim to save money as much as possible. This of course can be achieved by getting a job with a high salary. However, as you age, you should start finding a job that is more comfortable for you. It is not worth your time to waste it all away in a job that takes pretty much all of your time. Since during your younger years you have been earning high salary, once you switch job, you should be more likely to be offered a salary in a similar range although the workload might be lighter.

fredkawig
03-03-2014, 09:25 AM
Actually a balance between both would be the most optimal solution. People and especially employees do not want to deal with extreme work environments and extreme compensation. They would rather work for a decent job that provides good income while having a decent working atmosphere and a good place to work in. Extremes for these kinds of things are not beneficial.

Mafdet
03-03-2014, 01:36 PM
I also believe that a mix would be the ideal. However, I am more inclined to like a job because of the working environment than because of the salary. I'd rather go home less than exhausted and still have time to live outside of work. It's important to remember that you work in order to live and not the other way around.

janineaa
03-05-2014, 08:29 AM
It's a case to case basis, but for me personally, I would prefer a working environment that is good. It makes people be more productive and efficient, there is less stress, therefore, employees or colleagues are nicer to each other. There are others though who prefer the higher pay and does not really mind what their working conditions are, as long as they get paid to do their job.

darelle4
03-05-2014, 08:37 AM
This is very frustrating for people because it's one thing to get low pay but when you are being ill-treated and also work in poor conditions then it affects you potential and actually kill the potential in you to perform well on that particular job.

idlecuriosities
03-13-2014, 12:11 PM
I definitely think better working conditions are better for everyone. I think it has a greater impact on the mood of your employees. A higher salary is nice, but it doesn't necessarily increase your quality of life.

SteakTartare
03-13-2014, 06:10 PM
There is definitely a mix of both, but at the end of the day, money talks. All the little niceties can help make an employee work at their best. Still, its the greenbacks that keep good employees in place. The only other thing I would add, and its even more important now with the costs of healthcare, is offering a decent benefits package. That alone can keep an employee pretty happy.

Eagles910
03-13-2014, 08:01 PM
There is definitely a mix of both, but at the end of the day, money talks. All the little niceties can help make an employee work at their best. Still, its the greenbacks that keep good employees in place. The only other thing I would add, and its even more important now with the costs of healthcare, is offering a decent benefits package. That alone can keep an employee pretty happy.

My point exactly it is all about the money. Sure it would be great to have a mixture of both, but we do not live in fantasy land. We live in the real world, and if i have to choose. I choose the money.

mikelouis
03-13-2014, 09:11 PM
These two things go hand in hand. Personally I prefer to have a good working condition first. It is the only way that a worker will be productive rather than having a fat salary with poor conditions. You will find that in the organisations where the salaries are high and poor working conditions, the salaries are for the top management only.

Jane Hastings
03-30-2014, 10:40 AM
I'd prefer both or maybe meet halfway. I would choose a better working condition. I'd love to work somewhere wherein I know I will grow as an individual and I know I will learn a lot. A better salary is good but if you don't feel safe or you're not enjoying then what's the point? It depends from person to person. But having both would be great.

Rosyrain
03-30-2014, 03:11 PM
I would rather have great working conditions to start off with. People tend to do their best work when they are happy and enjoy going to work. If someone has a great boss then they generally aim to please.

If I am happy at work and doing a great job then I can show the results to the boss and ask for a raise. People who make good money, but hate their jobs tend to remain stagnent because there is no motivation to go the extra mile.

ElvisPresley
03-30-2014, 09:13 PM
I'd say better working conditions. I had a friend who was telling me about two jobs that she was being offered. One was nearby but was offering a lower salary than the other, which would take her about 45 to 60 minutes to drive to daily. I had to remind her that the time for the commute as well as the gas that she would be using would make the job which was paying more a poor choice.

adil1000
05-07-2014, 08:08 AM
both are most important for every employee. But in my point of view salary is better than a great working environment because better working condition cannot remove a hunger ness salary can remove a hunger ness.

Limpie
05-07-2014, 12:05 PM
Basically from my point of view, having a good balance of both are required.
Big salary is very much needed for any employee but the need of a good working condition cannot be any minor factor for an employee. But in most cases I have seen people compromising with the salary but not with the working condition.

Resource9
06-03-2014, 03:22 AM
I would opt for better working conditions. Salary can be increased at a later point of time, however, having good working conditions is something that will help you to prosper in the company.

Saman
06-12-2014, 12:07 PM
both things matters but working condition matters alot

apollojanitorial
06-13-2014, 02:17 PM
A competitive salary is PART OF great working conditions so it is not either or. That said, a person is never going to stay in a sh*tty job because the salary is good. Or if they do, they will do a sh*tty job. People who love their job will put up with a lot. Loving the job has a lot to do with feeling valued and respected. So be careful when you talk 'great working conditions' because free lunch and skateboards in the hall do not equate to great working conditions. Has more to do with personnel practices and the tone set and tolerated by management. I try hard to run my janitorial service that way and we have great retention rates.

Mo

Apollo Janitorial (http://www.apollojanitorialservices.com)

airmaxssl
06-27-2014, 08:15 AM
In Asia, better working condition means better salary. and worse working condition means less salary. but i think it will be changed in future.

someshets
07-04-2014, 07:15 AM
great working condition is necessary

jesslee
07-23-2014, 12:04 AM
Both are important in a balanced manner.If you are giving good salary so it does not mean you will put a burden of work on employees.You should manage it according to the conditions of the work.

someshets
09-03-2014, 07:03 AM
both are necessary for the employe.

stockbrokers
09-03-2014, 02:48 PM
first of all you should focus allot on your work. after that meet with other colleagues with a sweet smile on your face. if anyone rush on you then you just listen to him/her and don't reply to him/her in angry mood. these kind of things are prove that you are a good employee.

user2837
09-04-2014, 10:15 PM
My vote is for great working conditions. More money might satisfy some workers at first, but what good is it if people start abandoning the company in the long run because of working conditions.

MahaKarthi
09-19-2014, 05:17 AM
Equal Priority should be given to a good work environment and salary. Because when you work in a very good environment and your are doing great and receive appreciation, it leaves you happy and satisfied. However, adequate monetary compensation is also a must.

Initiator
12-24-2014, 05:36 AM
In my Opinion both are necessary things for every employed person. It seems like if we provide better working condition to them they feel free to work and perform their task with great perfection and when they perform 100% result to their subordinates they have the right to ask better incentives.

MahaKarthi
01-05-2015, 01:09 AM
A company should provide both the good working condition as well as the good salary for those who perform well. Here, it is not the question of any one, there may be persons who works for longer time and doesn’t care about the environment and there are other people who mainly concerned about their working environment than their salary. So, a company must provide the better mix of both and helps each and every customer to feel good at the company.

Robert01
06-10-2015, 03:23 AM
The employees would prefer both. First of all most people would not know clearly about the working conditions before they start to work, so they will join the company for the amount of the salary. But, if they do not find comfort with the working place or working conditions then they would tried to switch from there. As a company owner or as an employee, I'll prefer a great working conditions.

Yolanda Moss
06-21-2015, 02:54 PM
The employees would prefer both. First of all most people would not know clearly about the working conditions before they start to work, so they will join the company for the amount of the salary. But, if they do not find comfort with the working place or working conditions then they would tried to switch from there. As a company owner or as an employee, I'll prefer a great working conditions.

Dear Robert,

I believe you are spot on with this. Do you have a lot of employees yourself?

pulmanM
06-26-2015, 10:46 PM
In some cases, people are more concern on how great their working conditions is. It will be easy to work fine and excel better once you are comfortable on what and where you are working. With good performance, the salary will be better.

MaryBenitez
07-24-2015, 02:05 AM
The combination of both. It is great to hear that a job will pay you a bigger salary with bonus plus a cool environment. The work of an employee also varies in both cases and it is great to have an idea as that!

cwvps
09-15-2015, 04:25 AM
I believe that employees should have both. Good work conditions should be a basic condition and the salary should be growing in time. These are the most important things when motivating an employee to do a good job for you. The worse condtions you offer them, the less quality work they will do for you and I'm telling you this from my own experience.

aaabright
09-29-2015, 01:04 AM
I always prefer the combination of both better salary and great working condition. With better salary and bad surrounding I couldn't work and in good surrounding with low salary my living + saving is not possible, so necessary.

IndioBailBonds
10-26-2015, 11:31 AM
I think to retain your employs good performance some bonuses or increment in salary is great option.

sivadivya
12-11-2015, 07:02 PM
Airtel Postpaid
India's leading provider of prepaid & postpaid, wireless

internet, broadband, fixed line, digital TV & mobile

services.Select your city and get the letest postpaid mobile

plans and offers.

Dont mis this opportunity.Airtel will expand its mobile

broadband coverage to all towns and over 2 ... Chennai floods

USe Airtel : Never Get Networking Problem including Flood.

we also provide company CUG.

Contact details: Ms.Divya
mail id: jpdivyavnr@gmail.com

Trentbolt
12-13-2015, 04:46 AM
Work from home as a freelancer. You can earn a lot. Now a days this is the best way to earn good amount of money.

Lebo
02-25-2016, 09:33 AM
Great working conditions,If you have a great working condition you work better

lilyalvin
02-26-2016, 12:33 AM
It also depends on one’s patience, attitude and background. Salary does matter but if you cannot afford to work into the stress or uncomfortable place than you cannot stick their long. But if I had to choose one it will be good working environment where you can also learn, achieve many things, Salary might come later.

oner789
03-06-2016, 07:51 PM
I prefer to have a bigger salary compare to great working condition because having a better working environment depends on what you act towards your so employees and this is very easy to achieve this as long as you are positive person. The more salary you get the happy environment you have.

donswift90
03-08-2016, 06:34 AM
It depends on job of the employee. If the employee gives the great work to the organization then its the duty of the management to provide the bonus to appriaciate his work and encourage him to give more good performance.

donswift90
05-31-2016, 06:56 AM
To motivate the employees for good work, bonus is necessary..

ronniewill
06-02-2016, 06:31 AM
Better working environment comes first for me then better salary.

nick@orioleadvisors.com
08-25-2016, 04:50 PM
An employee's compensation is about more than just salary. I think it is best to consider their entire compensation package, including wages, bonuses, benefits, retirement plan contributions, etc... If you can design a compensation package that is competitive, tax efficient for you, and promotes employee retention, then you should be successful in motivating and retaining talented employees. One benefit that I find extremely valuable is a company-sponsored 401(k) or profit sharing plan. A retirement plan allows the employer to bonus the staff through the retirement plan with matching or profit sharing contributions. These contributions are tax deductible by the employer and are not subject to payroll taxes... thus an extremely efficient way to compensate/reward your staff. Also, the employer contributions can be subject to a vesting schedule in which employees are not eligible to withdraw the funds until they reach a certain level of seniority. Should the employee terminate prior to reaching the required level of seniority, they forfeit a portion or all of their employer contributions... thus, reducing the actual cost to the employer. There are some administrative duties involved in maintaining a plan, but shoot me an email to discuss. I spend my days working with employers, their staff, and their retirement plans so am happy to help where I can.

dmconsulting
03-11-2017, 04:25 PM
Based on my experiences running my own small business, if there's only one to choose, the employees will go for salary. Money is the very basic need why they sought the job at the first place, and if that basic need is not fulfilled, nothing else will matter. If they don't get paid enough, they will leave no matter how great the office environment is.

smartkpis
03-11-2017, 11:01 PM
I would choose a great working conditions. Appreciation of our employees does not ALWAYS mean bonuses and higher salary. Most workers just needs to be appreciated by giving them compliments and thank yous. Work appraisal is a definite must in all work environment as it boosts working conditions and will positively affect the working process.

For more information on this issue, you can always check out this article on a good working environment!
http://www.performancemagazine.org/working-in-a-pleasant-environment/

MikeLevin
03-14-2017, 05:22 AM
It really depends on your business needs. As for me I would offer my employees best working conditions as well as small bonuses for good job

chinomoreno
03-17-2017, 01:36 AM
Why would I choose one if I can have both? I know it is hard to look for a company that offers both but for me both are important.
So employees will have reason not to leave.

tonmoy07
05-25-2017, 12:04 AM
I'd like to say better working condition is the first option. Because employers spends lots of time there. Money is always can be the second option.

ghaniaktk
05-25-2017, 12:49 AM
I my opinion better salary works indirectly if you offers nice packages to employees they will work hard.

AllanHarmer
05-28-2017, 06:27 AM
I'd prefer better working conditions as it will yield better stress-free employees to quality of work.

aplawusa
06-02-2017, 02:40 AM
How can i get better salary of great condition.

emilygilbert
03-01-2018, 06:05 AM
Hi,
According to me, the better work environment is the priority of every person, because if the working environment is good employee will definitely prefer to work a long time with the company.
Thanks!!

emilygilbert
04-10-2018, 08:44 AM
The comfortable working environment is more important than a good salary because longe time career can be built in the healthy environment and high salary can achieve with seniority and work performance.

jcordon7
04-13-2018, 03:05 AM
I think it depends on your priorities and values. Some would work at a crappy office environment with a high salary, some would prefer a better environment with a lower salary. But if you would be able to get a mix of both, why not? Because for some people especially those who have their own families to feed, they would prefer having a high salary all day compared to millennials who are single who would look for a great working environment.

Theindiansun
04-16-2018, 02:07 AM
I would prefer both because good salary and good environment directly proportional to highest amount of profit to the company. If employee is happy he will do more work and his productivity will increase automatically.

dpkmlm
08-04-2018, 05:17 AM
According to me both..

outsourcingangel
08-07-2018, 10:05 PM
Great working conditions

Inva
08-10-2018, 07:33 AM
Better working conditions for people who are younger and are just starting their careers. These people do not have need for high salaries and the fact that they are just starting out makes them sort of ignorant of how bad the situation can be at the workplace, therefore worse conditions would discourage them. On the other hand, older employees will usually have a family and will need to provide for others. No matter how good the working conditions are, they can't help the family finance situation. Parents will rather endure harsher work conditions in order to buy their kids clothes and a new toy.

I believe you should make sure the working conditions are decent and then put the rest of the offer on salary. For example provide decent (as opposed to great) space, cleanliness, air conditioning and put the rest of the money on salary. Salary is measurable, working conditions are not.

shuritisharma
10-06-2018, 01:41 AM
I would dependably need a mix of both, as one expands I figure the other one ought to similarly. It might take more time to accomplish, however it feels greatly improved. Keep up with Aspiration Plus (http://aspirationplus.com) and connect with people to advance your career.

Shannon Weiss
10-29-2018, 05:26 AM
Both should be balanced properly :)

Shannon Weiss
10-29-2018, 05:27 AM
I do also agree with you !

leksi
01-02-2019, 11:11 PM
bigger salary

Ryan Reynold
01-04-2019, 04:53 AM
Working conditions more important than salary when it comes to job ... Employees of large corporations are less likely to be happy at work ...

Helen777
01-09-2021, 07:22 AM
I think it depends on your priorities and values. Some would work at a crappy office environment with a high salary, some would prefer a better environment with a lower salary. But if you would be able to get a mix of both, why not? Because for some people especially those who have their own families to feed, they would prefer having a high salary all day compared to millennials who are single who would look for a great working environment.
I absolutely agree. The choice depends on my factors, on a concrete person. I used to work in a big company and had great working conditions. But when I became a mother, when the quarantine began, and when I started working remotely, I prefer having more money than a possibility to get a vacation. Of course, insurance covers some meds, but not all of them. I started ordering them on the Canada Drugs (https://www.canadadrugsdirect.com/) site. The prices are much lower there, so I even save money. I'd say, good working conditions might be a great choice for young people when a higher salary is better for older /more experienced people who have families.

alishbasaki
02-01-2021, 11:11 PM
A wonderful work space is worth in excess of a significant pay. Occupation competitors esteem a decent air in their future work environment more profoundly than a significant compensation. That is the finish of two ongoing examinations by Michael Page.

Vancouverwe34
02-24-2021, 04:46 PM
You may be keen on adding to data set yet perhaps the most evident difficulties over the previous months is buying weed on account of the stay-at-home requests because of the infection pandemic. Indeed, you will be happy to realize that CannaScore (https://cannascore.net/weed-delivery-vancouver/) dispensaries keep on working since they were authoritatively viewed as fundamental administrations and organizations.

kritisen
03-03-2021, 04:34 AM
I always prefer good work condition if im a fresher but im a experianced person so i will look upon to salary too....

lishmaliny
03-09-2021, 07:22 AM
Customer experience is a top priority to businesses for the next 5 years and the reason is simple; the companies that focus on customer experience reduce churn and increase revenues - leading to higher profits!