PDA

View Full Version : Can you use Twitter to find jobs?

Rainman
02-22-2014, 03:43 AM
Social media can be used for a lot of things including hunting for jobs. I once got hired by someone who viewed my FB profile so I know you can get jobs on FB but what of Twitter? If you send out a tweet asking anyone to hire you, could you land a good, legit job?

delusional
02-24-2014, 12:53 PM
You can. I have seen a couple of accounts tweeting about recruitment. This is mostly in the IT field, others fields (except for journalism) might have a tougher job finding someone on Twitter.

mameeker@cuse
02-24-2014, 04:29 PM
You can, but make sure that your twitter has no questionable information on it.

KNH
02-24-2014, 06:31 PM
Yes, you can, but I would definitely be careful and make sure the company is legit :)

Taru
02-24-2014, 10:52 PM
I don't see why not, especially nowadays when everything is a bit less formal. I'd say it might be a bit more difficult to do so than on Facebook, though, since your profile there would be less detailed, but if the right person / company came along who was willing enough to do so, then it could happen. A lot of companies know and use Twitter already, so I wouldn't say it's very far-fetched.

angelicagapit
02-24-2014, 11:53 PM
If I were to look for jobs, I wouldn't look it up on Twitter. There are always people trying to scam others and Twitter wouldn't be a great way to find a job.

The purpose of Twitter is sort of for sharing what's going on in your life. Follow people and get followed. However, in terms of looking for employment? It's possible, but I wouldn't suggest it at all.

Try something else. Go to your local job fair, ask people around you.

I hope I helped. Good luck!

AlecD
02-26-2014, 04:59 PM
I suppose it is possible, but possible in the same way it's possible the world can end tomorrow. HIGHLY unlikely.

CeliVega
02-27-2014, 09:18 PM
It never hurts to try. A tweet like "Seeking new job! Here's my resume!" will probably get people to look at your resume, but getting you hired might be a different case. I would say it's better to have alternatives as well, cause Twitter only passes the message around in a limited circle. Would you hire someone you just met on Twitter and seek employment from you? Some might say yes, but I think most prefers a more formal approach when it comes to employment.

Jimmyjazz1976
02-28-2014, 12:44 PM
The hashtags #nowhiring, #hiring and #jobopening seem to be relevant for finding jobs on Twitter. Though it is not easy to narrow down what kind of job, you can use hashtag's to find if any companies are promoting job openings through social media.

wander_n_wonder
02-28-2014, 03:16 PM
I think Twitter is ok to use, but I probably won't do it that way. What I'll do is subscribe to the companies that I'm interested in and then see if they are advertising jobs. I would also get to understand the company better because of their Tweets and I can use that during interviews to show how much interested I am in the company.

CSomm
02-28-2014, 05:45 PM
Twitter is excellent for finding jobs through the contacts that you've already made. That is the fundamental benefit of ALL networking, not just social networking. Tell your friends about your job search, and keep your ear to the ground on your twitter feed, and you might have something turn up pretty fast. I'd certainly suggest that you don't put all of your job searching eggs in the twitter basket, however.

danderson239
03-02-2014, 10:27 AM
The hashtags #nowhiring, #hiring and #jobopening seem to be relevant for finding jobs on Twitter. Though it is not easy to narrow down what kind of job, you can use hashtag's to find if any companies are promoting job openings through social media.

This person is right, these hashtags are relevant. But they also are nation wide and quite broad. I'd recommend following the profiles of companies you may want to work for. Those companies may tweet job openings, or re-tweet a recruiters post. I wouldn't anticipate much interaction between yourself and recruiters on Twitter, but it is a great spot for job leads.

erikao1o
03-07-2014, 10:11 PM
Although I've never used twitter to find a job and I've never seen any job postings on Twitter, I don't doubt that there are some people who have found jobs on twitter and use twitter to post jobs on. A lot of people use twitter, and I can see it being used by social media or other media companies that are trying to fill positions. Why not use the technology that we have?

mikelouis
03-07-2014, 11:30 PM
May be or may be not. On twitter a person's profile is not that elaborate on what a person is really about. If you had suggested Linkedin then I would totally agree because I have been hired once on LinkedIn. Twitter can work for those freelance jobs that require short period of time to complete and do not necessarily need any academic or work experience.

DomDom
03-08-2014, 01:44 PM
It depends on who you follow or have on twitter and how lucky you are! You can find jobs everywhere.

bonnieanna1986
03-09-2014, 03:42 AM
Twitter can be very helpful, especially for short-term assignments that are quickly posted and quickly taken. The above mentioned hashtags will be key doing some successful searches. But I would much sooner recommend sites that specialize in jobs such as Monster or Careerbuilder. Also, consider checking Craigslist (but be very careful and mindful during the search) even Google searching for your specialties and arranging the results by "last day" or "in past week" can be helpful. Good luck.

eppie
03-09-2014, 05:10 AM
It depends on who you follow or have on twitter and how lucky you are! You can find jobs everywhere.

Agree :D But if you really want to find a job better do it the regular proven way - thru classified ads (online or offline). You get more options too rather than just waiting for someone to tweet an ideal job. It's like being under an apple tree waiting for a fruit to fall. :)

wow gold
03-10-2014, 03:26 AM
Why not?Social communication become more and more popular,Enterprise can hire their employees by this way efficiently and cut the cost.People also have more chance to show them,and totally they can find a job which they are interested or be good at.

difrancprod
03-10-2014, 03:41 AM
Yes you can! There are thousands of company advertising positions on Twitter. You just have to be careful though because some of them might still be a scam.

jfab
03-10-2014, 03:58 AM
It's true that you can use it. However, I don't really recommend it. There are other sites best for this. Besides it's kind of hard to find a legit one on Twitter.

crimsonghost747
03-10-2014, 07:38 AM
LinkedIN is the kind of facebook for business. It's great, I use it quite a lot. I also do use facebook for some work related stuff, since there is a lot of information out there.
Never used twitter, don't even want to try.

Eagles910
03-10-2014, 11:05 AM
Anything is possible, but i doubt it would be very effective. There are much, easier, and better ways to find a job. Like a work force referral company. In my opinion that is the best way. There is also the classified ads in your local paper. Even craigslist is a better would be better than Twitter.

mikka254
03-10-2014, 06:00 PM
Twitter is not a good place to look for jobs. Even though we live in a technological world, there are so mediums of communications that serious companies would not dare use as a means to advertise a job listing.

fredkawig
03-11-2014, 01:27 AM
Yes. Twitter can be of help when you have a lot of followers. Facebook is also a very good option since the promotion and advertisement with Facebook can reach millions of people instantly you just have to have cash for it.

tinyfang
03-20-2014, 12:09 AM
It can be done. I've seen it from getting jobs as a maid, to a supervisor at a clothing factory, to a photographer, to a bus girl for a cafe. You still need to go in for an interview though. Social media can help you greatly if you know how to utilize it, but it can also destroy you if you're irresponsible about it.

bingaguilar
03-22-2014, 02:18 AM
Yes, I think you can find a job through Twitter. I have received several tweets about job openings. I've checked them out and they're completely legit. I think a lot of employers are already making use of this medium to search for employees. Just be sure to check them out first. If they're legit and you're interested then you can reply to their tweet.

autograph
03-23-2014, 01:48 AM
Yes, most definitely. I have seen a few job ads tweeted by HR department from a few corporations. The account usually include their LinkedIn profile and the company's name. You can do further research on the company to determine whether the job posted is legit and you can have a career in the company.

MediaSeekers
08-14-2016, 05:55 PM
To find your future candidates I would check out Media Seekers. I was searching the web and found the site. www.mediaseekers.com

It's a niche job board connecting business with social media professionals and social media pros with top companies.

It works too! A friend of mine found a job using that site!

Everyone should check it out! www.MediaSeekers.com

Cam1998
02-22-2019, 07:27 AM
You probably can use Twitter, but there are better ways. One way I've found really helpful is using Work Today's Wizard. You need Google Chrome installed to use it, but once you fill out a profile and start applying to jobs, the Wizard will automatically fill in your info. on each application. It can save you a ton of time and help you get more applications out there faster. Check it out if you're looking for work!

Cam1998
02-27-2019, 09:48 AM
Download the free Work Today Wizard from the Google Chrome store. You'll be amazed at how lightning fast you can fill out job applications with it.

joesimen
03-04-2019, 12:30 AM
yes for my mobile app development company in Bangalore (https://dxminds.com/)

joesimen
03-07-2019, 12:42 AM
yes i hire employees by using social media for my mobile apps development companies in Bangalore (https://dxminds.com/mobile-app-development/)

mustafayacoob
03-07-2019, 01:03 AM
Yes why not. Social Media is also a better platform to find the jobs. If your skills are good and useful for client requirements then you should easily hired.

sales@objectsol.in
03-07-2019, 01:14 AM
https://www.upwork.com/o/companies/_~01308e36f09723f352/

Best IPTV Apps Developer. please have a look.

Cam1998
03-25-2019, 01:45 PM
To apply for many jobs in minutes instead of hours, try the free Work Today Wizard from the Google Chrome store.

Dilan
04-01-2019, 02:52 PM
It is possible, to find job through social media networks. But I can say that it can be unreliable. You can be deceived. I find it better to look for work through special sites that are designed for this. There are many proven sites where employers offer vacancies. For example, https://in.jobsora.com . It is site where you can find really good job what you want. This site is really fast, convenient, modern. It's suitable for work on a variety of devices, such as a computer, a phone, etc.

jacksonsamy2
11-06-2020, 06:56 AM
Make your Twitter profile more professional. ...
Build your Twitter network. ...
Interact with people you follow on Twitter. ...
Research companies and job roles. ...
Find job vacancies on Twitter. ...
Use Twitter's search function carefully.

raviseo121
12-06-2020, 11:12 PM
Thanks for sharing with us