PDA

View Full Version : LLC with multiple DBA's

ihoven
04-25-2017, 06:01 AM
Hi,

I currently run an LLC in OH and am going to setup multiple DBA's to better focus marketing on different product lines that I produce. What I am curious about has to do with the business cards and other marketing literature. Does the LLC name need to appear as a foot note, or on the back of any of these items? Because the LLC is the legal business entity and the DBA's are created by way of the LLC my thought was that only the 'new' DBA name needs to be on the items. I wasn't sure exactly how that would work. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ian

amayajace
08-10-2019, 02:02 AM
Registration of the DBA name with the state is fairly simple for an LLC and involves the completion of a form indicating the name and paying the filing fee. While there is no limit to the number of names an LLC can operate under, each name typically needs to be registered separately.

amayajace
11-25-2019, 01:18 AM
Yes, you can have multiple businesses under one LLC. ... Whether that LLC has any DBAs (Fictitious Names) is up to you. Meaning, you don't have to file a DBA to run multiple businesses under one LLC, but you certainly can file a DBA (or multiple DBAs) if you'd like.