PDA

View Full Version : Relationship with co-worker?

earthmama1
02-25-2014, 02:19 PM
How would you handle a situation where you are going on dates with someone that works for your company? Always sure though to keep it completly professional at the work place, no one would even know. How do you go about taking it to the next level? Having them leave the company? It would be weird for my employees to see something like that, he has been working with me for years and I just dont know how some would handle it.

alec
02-25-2014, 04:15 PM
The reason why most companies avoid hiring couples and don't encourage employees dating is because when something happens with that couple the tension of the troubled relationship affects the workplace. Do you want two employees avoiding each other, spreading rumors and distracting the other employees? I didn't think so! Plus, if one of the couple gets fired, how would the other react, would he also leave? There are so many variables and things waiting to happen when couples are involved that I really understand why in some places couples are not allowed.

It is also legal for companies to enforce rules that prohibit couples at the same workplace for the reasons listed above.

idlecuriosities
02-25-2014, 04:18 PM
It is always a bad idea to date someone in the office. It almost never works out. Even thought you might have the intention of keeping things professional, it almost never happens that way. If you're a couple you're going to fight. It is inevitable. This is going to bleed into the workplace, and everyone suffers for it. Just avoid it at all costs.

M.K
02-25-2014, 04:32 PM
It's quite unprofessional if you're their superior. It'll create the sense of bias towards this person among the rest of your employees. It seems like a surefire way to create headaches for you and your company.

DomDom
02-25-2014, 04:58 PM
Its pretty unprofessional and bad for the workplace especially if you are the owner. Avoid it if you can!

LindaKay
02-25-2014, 08:07 PM
I agree with the general sentiments of the others who chimed in on this thread; avoid it at all costs! It will make for a rocky workday if things don't work out. If things do work out, it could still be awkward and you could even get in trouble. For most places, I'd say this is a no-no.

delusional
02-26-2014, 06:54 AM
I wouldn't mind if my employees would date each other. It's all good until they start arguing or can't work together anymore because they split up. I think it depends and you have to feel the situation.

mikelouis
02-26-2014, 07:18 AM
It is not recommended but if they love each other there is nothing much yo can do. All you have to tell them is work professionally even if they are at work and keep their personal life out of the work place.

janineaa
02-26-2014, 08:05 AM
Personally, I think that having a relationship inside the office or with a colleague should be avoided at most. I understand why employers prefer to keep office romances at a minimum. This is because if there are relationships in the office, the people involved will have a hard time to compartmentalize. If the couple has a personal problem they are tackling, the value of their work will be sabotaged, and their other colleagues may feel uncomfortable. It still depends on the couple though, if they can keep it a secret or away from their work life.

Gmac9100
02-26-2014, 09:24 AM
I would advise you to stay away from work-place romance. Those situations always get messy. You do not want that at your place of business. I know that it is hard to do sometimes, but you have to be professional. Do the right thing, and spare your company the drama of that relationship turning sour.

DomDom
02-26-2014, 04:17 PM
I would advise you to stay away from work-place romance. Those situations always get messy. You do not want that at your place of business. I know that it is hard to do sometimes, but you have to be professional. Do the right thing, and spare your company the drama of that relationship turning sour.

I agree but this doesnt have to be the rule. I personally know a great couple who met and still work as co-workers. You cna try it but you have to be aware that its dangerous.

AlecD
02-26-2014, 04:37 PM
It looks bad in every aspect. One, your employees, whether you do or not, WILL ALWAYS accuse you of favoring whomever it is. It creates the feel of favouritism in the workplace. For two, it is HIGHLY unprofessional. Nothing quite like productivity being lost over romance. And finally, when and if a falling out occurs, you might as well be prepared to cross both employees off the list.

CeliVega
02-28-2014, 07:17 AM
A local bank in my area actually forbid employees from pursuing workplace romance. In their eyes, if there's employees who are related in some kind of way, and they are situated in different departments, they might apply their knowledge in different aspects of the place and come out with ways to get money into their own pocket while disguising the transactions as something legal. Aside from that, they deduce that favoritism might occurred if there's romance or family involved between certain employees and it is not a healthy work ethnic.

wander_n_wonder
02-28-2014, 03:27 PM
How would you handle a situation where you are going on dates with someone that works for your company? Always sure though to keep it completly professional at the work place, no one would even know. How do you go about taking it to the next level? Having them leave the company? It would be weird for my employees to see something like that, he has been working with me for years and I just dont know how some would handle it.

I think there is nothing wrong in having a relationship with a co-worker, as long as you are acting professional at the workplace or you are able to separate personal from professional life. However, it is crucial to check first if this is actually allowed in the company. If it's not allowed, then you have to respect that and make adjustments based on that. It may be necessary that one of you may need to move out of the company.

Overall, however, not too many companies actually prohibit this.

ursell
03-01-2014, 12:13 AM
There shouldn't be any work place romance. I agree because most of the time it doesn't work out then there's a problem
on the job with the couple and that isn't good for the company.

danderson239
03-01-2014, 09:25 AM
Always sure though to keep it completely professional at the work place, no one would even know.

This isn't true, people will know. From what I gather, you own the company. In this dynamic, I would say avoid a workplace romance at all cost with one of your employees. He's "sleeping with the boss" is one of the most toxic things that can enter the workplace. There is nothing you can do to regain a feeling of equity amongst your employees. Everyone will view you as having a favorable bias towards your significant other, even if no bias exists.

Taru
03-01-2014, 10:15 AM
I don't think there is a standard rule for this, to be honest. You just either risk it or you don't. There are just too many variable factors because every company is different including the employees in it and not to mention relationships are also all very different from each other as well. It's just a matter of setting priorities and boundaries where they are necessary and finding out which paths are best to take regarding which aspects you ultimately chose to prioritize.

crucider
03-01-2014, 04:07 PM
No, co-worker relationships always end up being bad. Once things go sour between the two they won't be able to stand near each other and may even be a bother to one another in the workplace. Which is not what you want when you're paying them for doing a job and they're not doing because they're being distracted by someone in the same workplace.

CSomm
03-01-2014, 04:17 PM
It's tricky, but you obviously should follow your heart in situations like these. In larger companies you will disclose with HR, and in smaller companies a talk with the boss will suffice. Tread lightly, and make sure your arrangement is mutual and you have some understanding of what happens if the relationship ends. Don't hide it, and be transparent with fellow employees so they feel like they are being kept in the loop---otherwise, the feeling of nepotism will arise whether you like it or not.

Jane Hastings
03-19-2014, 09:10 PM
I don't mind if two workers date each other as long as they don't bring their personal lives at work. Most people who are in love are more inspired and motivated to work. People can't really avoid feelings but they should make sure they value their jobs as much as they value their relationship. They also need to learn how to control their emotions so if ever they fight, they don't put their jobs at risk.

nick87
03-19-2014, 09:42 PM
As long as you can keep personal life and professional life separate, I see no problem with it. If you're not already in a workplace relationship, I'd do my best to avoid it, because if things go bad in the relationship things at work get really awkward really fast, and you'll keep having to face them every day. But if you really think the relationship will work out and things just sort of happen, sometimes people just fall in love and can't help it, they just have to keep up being professional while at work without any sort of favoritism or allowing personal fights to interfere with their work.

tinyfang
03-20-2014, 12:07 AM
One of my business partners said to me once, while I was responding to a smile from a client, "Don't fish off the company's docks." The same is said about having a relationship with a co-worker. It causes extended fermented problems if problems between us arises. In a perfect world, I would like to think we're all mature enough to deal with problems as they come in a calm and timely manner, but there are too many factors to account for.

bingaguilar
03-20-2014, 02:28 AM
Most companies discourage work-place romance. The main reason is that if the relationship turns sour, it would create a lot of embarrassing and awkward situations. It could actually cause so much discomfort for the people working with them. And if you're the superior and you're thinking of having a relationship with your employee, then it gets doubly awkward.

But then, it actually depends on the situation and the people involved. You really cannot control stuff like this. There will always be office romance, whether you're aware of it or not. And not all of them turn out bad, some actually have a happy ending. As long as the people involved are professional enough, and more importantly, discreet enough, then it should not create any problems. Take it from me, my husband and I met in the office. We were actually going out for almost half a year before any of our colleagues got wind of it :D and not until we made it pretty obvious for them to ignore! How did we do it? We maintained a strict professional relationship in the office and we never let work get in the way of our budding relationship.

Linvall
03-21-2014, 02:21 PM

Yes, it's a weird situation. I would not encourage it...definitely not!. However, love finds us anywhere we are. People will eventually get used to seeing the sight of you and your employee. Of course, he would no longer be your employee, right? He will be a fellow co-owner? Employee affairs can cause distractions though and personal conflicts can lead to work conflicts. You just make a wise decision based on your particular situation. Ok?

Eagles910
03-21-2014, 02:33 PM
As long as you can keep personal life and professional life separate, I see no problem with it. If you're not already in a workplace relationship, I'd do my best to avoid it, because if things go bad in the relationship things at work get really awkward really fast, and you'll keep having to face them every day. But if you really think the relationship will work out and things just sort of happen, sometimes people just fall in love and can't help it, they just have to keep up being professional while at work without any sort of favoritism or allowing personal fights to interfere with their work.

I completely disagree with this. Simply because it is impossible to do. There is no difference between business, and personal. It is all the same. If you continue with a workplace relationship it will effect your work environment.

autograph
03-22-2014, 09:50 AM
From a business point of view, as long as their performance do not deteriorate after they started dating, it should not be a problem at all. Both of you must ensure that both of you are able to remain professional at all time during work hours. Although I would not recommend to date someone from your workplace because it might get awkward in the future if the relationship did not work out. Some workplace may require couple who started dating in office to report to the HR to ensure that there is no any conflict of interests that might occur from this new relationship.

difrancprod
03-23-2014, 06:22 AM
I will not dare to date any co-worker. But if it really becomes a thing or if it just really happens, I will separate my professional life from my dating life. I should handle it like an adult.

fredkawig
03-23-2014, 10:33 AM
It's really discouraged for employees and co-workers to have a relationship because the result is being productive elsewhere and being unproductive at work. That's the reason why most companies discourage these kinds of relationships.

owesem75
03-23-2014, 03:47 PM
I tried it once. It's awkward. Want to have more example with the drama and stuff? try watching the tv series, Grey's Anatomy.. If you are sick and need medical help, you don't want to be around those doctors nursing personal problems brought about by some "relationships" hey?

SteakTartare
03-23-2014, 07:29 PM
I've only dated one person from the same company and she worked in an entirely different department, so there was, essentially, no chance for weirdness. The relationship ended years later and it didn't have any impact on my professional life. That said, I would, generally, stay clear of dating a coworker. The chances of messiness for all involved is just too high.

DomDom
03-24-2014, 03:29 PM
So what did you decide OP ? Will you date a co worker ? :D

Eagles910
03-24-2014, 05:26 PM
I will not dare to date any co-worker. But if it really becomes a thing or if it just really happens, I will separate my professional life from my dating life. I should handle it like an adult.

People always say that. the fact is it never works. It is impossible to separate the two when they are so closely related. There is a reason why there are so many rules against it. The best way to avoid this conflict is to stray from workplace relationships. Failing to do so will most likely end disastrous.

donnawhite
07-31-2014, 04:27 AM
I would like to tell you that if someone facing workplace conflicts or Disputes related to their life and still don't know how to handle the situation, should concern with Mediators. No need to visit court, no need to waste your precious time and money their. Just Ask the solution to the dispute resolution experts.

Get solution using-
1. online Dispute Resolution
2. Telephone Dispute Resolution
3. Shuttle
4. Face-to-Face Dispute Resolution

Serinakale
08-13-2014, 08:00 AM
Relationship with co worker is an important task as it will help to promote good work culture. The benefits of friendly behavior with co-worker are as follows -
1) Friendly work culture
2)Good growth
3)Increases coordination among team.
4)Early completion of task.

ednawise
08-16-2014, 01:02 AM

Hello earthmama1,

I've read one article about how to build a coworker relationship, its very effective. Read here - [Source - http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10-things/10-ways-to-build-good-coworker-relationships/]

Use effective communications

Learn who works best through email, phone, instant messaging, or personal visits and try to utilize these preferences when engaging your coworkers. Some people prefer email since they like to keep a written record of their actions or responses to questions (or they may be online late at night getting caught up). Others will value a phone call more since it's a quicker medium of communication.

I have found email is usually the standard. When it comes to a powerful email strategy, my four corners are:

Always make sure the subject line is helpful (e.g., "question about expiration of paid time off" and not "question") and keep the email as concise and on-topic as possible.
Leave people out of emails/meeting requests if they don't need to attend or be kept in the loop on the topic, so they won't see your emails as meaningless spam.
If you bring others into a conversation, let them know why; don't just CC them on a huge email trail. For instance, you might say, "Jeff, I'm including you because you have some good insights on foreign exchange rates and I remember you just got back from England."
Don't reply to previous emails to start a new conversation unless it has some bearing on the current topic.

Sometimes we find we're not getting the results we need from coworkers. Emails and voicemails may go ignored (or it can seem that way). Think before banging out a huffy email and cc:ing someone's manager -- this latter tactic can be a disaster for cordial relations unless other avenues have been tried first. Maybe it would make more sense to politely ask your coworker in person about the issue? They may be too tied up to check messages and can refer you to another resource in the company. Unless you have a clear-cut reason to assume someone is blowing you off, give them the benefit of the doubt. If they are dragging their feet deliberately, I recommend approaching your own manager first for assistance.

Luther78
08-19-2014, 02:30 AM
I positively enjoying each little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you web log post

Resource9
08-19-2014, 03:17 AM
When it is about work, it is always good to have a friendly relation with the co-worker. However, you must also draw your own lines when it comes to professionalism. For instance, your co-worker should not take the advantage of friendship for doing something or for getting a good rating.

jamesgraceusa
08-24-2014, 01:07 AM
س الخبرة والرسوم - وهذا ما يسمى ef من شركة تصميم مواقع الإنترنت. تجربة والرسوم كثيرا مترابطة. القاعدة العامة هي أكثر خبرة كنت، والمزيد من تدفع لك. هذه قصة مثيرة للاهتمام يمكن أن أقول لكم ما هو كل شيء عن تجربة.

ذات مرة كان هناك محطة توليد البخار الذي كان لا تنتج المزيد من القوة. بعد عملية بحث محبط للقضية، مدير المصنع، في اليأس، ودعا في خبير. بعد ساعتين فقط في الموقع، وجد الخبراء المشكلة وضعت "x" حول اثنين من الأنابيب التي كانت تسبب المشكلة، قائلا إن كان لا بد من إزالتها. عندما قدمت مع مشروع القانون، وطلب من مدير المصنع الاستشاري كيف انه يمكن ان تهمة $ 5،000.00 لمدة ساعات فقط من العمل. عندما سأل عن فاتورة مفصلة، ​​وهذا هو ما حصل:

1. 400،00 $ - وضع على اثنين من أنابيب "إكس".

2. $ 4،600.00 - معرفة مكان وضع "x ل".

حصل مدير المصنع ما دفعه لوربما أكثر بكثير. وكان قد تستخدم بالفعل أكثر من هذا المبلغ على موظفيه ناهيك عن خسارة في الإيرادات في حين تم اغلاق المصنع أسفل. بالنسبة له، وتأمين الخدمات الاستشارية خبير استشاري هو الشيء الصحيح الذي ينبغي عمله.

hannymanny
08-24-2014, 02:55 AM
I find close relationship with co-worker can be dangerous.

GordonChan
10-14-2020, 03:12 PM
Relationship with co worker is an important task as it will help to promote good work culture. The benefits of friendly behavior with co-worker are as follows -
1) Friendly work culture
2)Good growth
3)Increases coordination among team.
4)Early completion of task.
I think so, it's realy important!

Fisher
10-22-2020, 05:46 AM
Relationships should be built on mutual respect.

Georg12
12-25-2020, 06:14 PM
This is really very good when there are many opportunities to actively communicate and meet girls on the Internet. Trust me it's really great Lust and Infatuation (https://bestondating.com/infatuation-vs-lust/) I myself often use one of the dating site and am very happy with how my life has changed since then I do not advise you to try.

raviseo120
12-27-2020, 11:35 AM
thanks for sharing with us

gerja
01-15-2021, 08:21 AM
I think there is nothing bad in such a relationship... I would go for it, I am too lonely and it depresses me so much. The only relationships I have lately are with the women from https://boobs.house (https://boobs.house) but I don't mind, it's ok for me... :D

Lilykevin86
01-15-2021, 10:39 PM
Portrayal: Co-specialist connections are neither expert nor individual, however just conditional. They are associates through your organization,

Kaleb Carter
01-22-2021, 08:21 AM
thank you very much for the recommendations

raviseo121
01-26-2021, 12:22 AM

ludacriss
01-31-2021, 08:40 AM
There are a lot of true stories from different types of people, how their work relationships ended up in the worst possible way. It's pretty hard after you've started dating your co-worker, to work with her in the normal tension-free relations. By the way, talking about dating web sites, here is a website (https://www.xescorts.com/england/liverpool.html) I've discovered few weeks ago. It looks like it's pretty famous and popular site for looking and finding a partner for dating. What do you think about it?

alishbasaki
02-01-2021, 11:08 PM
To them, collaborator connections matter as long as they help in accomplishing work objectives. ... They will talk, tattle and construct casual social connections at the work environment. To them, a glad work environment is one where everybody knows each other on personal standing and meets outside office as well.

lishmaliny
03-19-2021, 03:33 PM
Identify Your Relationship Needs.
Develop Your People Skills.
Focus on Your EI.
Practice Mindful Listening.
Manage Your Boundaries.
Schedule Time to Build Relationships.
Appreciate Others.
Be Positive.

bracknelson
04-03-2021, 06:58 AM
Working with a partner is an uphill task especially if both are employees, not employers. I also have seen the consequences of working with a partner in my past. Your hiring company will always regret if they hire you and your partner especially when both of you work on the same floor.

homeocare
04-12-2021, 11:26 AM

raviseo120
04-12-2021, 11:35 AM
Thanks for sharing with us

DavidHarvey21
04-17-2021, 08:26 AM
Hello. I'd like to emphasize the importance of finding the right guy, and I'm actually using - which is an excellent place to meet new people online full review (https://romancingcupid.com/iamnaughty-review.html). This approach helps in the sharing of feelings, feeling stronger, and simply retaining self-control.

swipka777
04-19-2021, 01:40 PM
It can be, because you might be a very interesting person. I decided that elitesingles com review (https://www.interracialdatingsites.online/elitesingles/) is a wonderful solution in order to find really interesting people online. I can freely say that it is so interesting to chat with other people, to comminicate and to get to know each other more. I just met a wonderful girl there and hope to meet with her in couple of days.

lishmaliny
05-03-2021, 09:49 AM
Maintain Professional Behavior. Employees who engage in interoffice relationships need to remember that they are at work.

nadiasonii
05-19-2021, 04:50 AM
I think that not good

raviseo121
05-21-2021, 11:40 PM
Thanks for sharing with us

nadiasonii
05-29-2021, 01:50 AM
Description: Co-worker relationships are neither professional nor personal, but merely circumstantial. They are acquaintances through your company, but beyond working for the same organization, you have very little interaction with them.

Steve_12
06-03-2021, 01:45 AM
Relationships with co-workers should always be kept within the work framework.

nadiasonii
06-07-2021, 02:50 AM
I think that's not good