PDA

View Full Version : Should every buisness provide uniforms?

earthmama1
02-25-2014, 07:50 PM
Should you always provide your workers with a uniform? Or should you have them go get one of their own or wear "casual" everyday? As a buisness I think that providing a uniform not only gets your name out their more but also makes someone want to work for you more because theyy dont have to spend money on their own clothes to wear to work.

Taru
03-01-2014, 10:37 AM
I think it's just a personal choice of the owner as to what type of business he or she would like to run and in turn the type of culture he or she would like to impart onto the company. I personally prefer having uniforms or something close to it as I think that promotes unity and identity, but like I said it's hardly the only way to achieve it. Unity and identity can also be achieved just through communication and demeanor and a uniform won't necessarily entail that either. In my opinion, uniforms would only be effective if the boss knew what they were for and what they should signify, otherwise, they are just clothing that happens to be the same as everyone else's in their environment.

autograph
03-01-2014, 11:14 AM
It really depends on the nature of your business. If it is a work that does not get to interact with customers, I think it is pointless. In addition to providing uniformity among your employees, you should remember that the uniform also serve as an advertising tool. I would recommend it for the type of work which its big portion is to interact with customers.

JohnSword
03-02-2014, 02:42 AM
I think it depends on the nature of your business. There are pros and cons when it comes to implementing uniform policy. A uniform can encourage employees to take pride in their work and the company. It can also providing convenience, since it's less expensive and can be worn daily without having to worry about picking out an outfit each day.
At the same time, a uniform is an important form of branding. It can convey professionalism and consistency, especially in the service field.

On the other hand, ordering uniforms involves costs. Some employees might also feel stifled by a uniform policy.

caveman
03-02-2014, 05:10 AM
To be honest, I'd hate to work for a business that required specific uniforms. I'd rather wear whatever I want. It would make things easier in the morning but I'd rather have the freedom of choosing what I wear.

Rainman
03-03-2014, 06:45 AM
I think instead of uniforms, a company should have a dress code observed by their workers. This sets the workers apart so that in case a customer needs help, they'll know who to talk to without worrying about getting a rebuff from a stranger who may be having a bad day. Fine it may look more like a uniform but at least the workers get to choose the material of the clothing they wear.

alec
03-03-2014, 08:05 AM
No, I don't see a reason, for small businesses at least. Sure, if you run a car shop or any other messy business line you may want to provide your employees with uniforms to protect their clothes, but that's it. If you're into customer service and your employees are in contact with clients all day enforcing a dress code should be enough.

Corporations or other big companies with a well known identity may require uniforms since it helps them with brand recognition and internal unity. But for us the little ones, no, no uniforms. Honestly, I rarely encounter a business that requires uniforms these days, here where I live at least.

fredkawig
03-03-2014, 09:23 AM
No. It really depends upon the employer or whoever is in charge. It's up to you to decide whether your employees should go in wearing jeans, formal, uniforms or whatever you please. Usually having no uniforms and giving the employees the preference is the best way to go as you are helping them decide what's best for them and what the want to choose to wear to work.

janineaa
03-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Having uniforms promote professionalism in a company. Also, when an employee is wearing the uniform, he wouldn't be able to act in a negative way because he is carrying a name. If you don't want to add uniform, you can have a dress code instead of just casual attire. Smart casual will do, or no Tshirts, shorts and slippers.

Jessi
03-03-2014, 03:46 PM
Oh it absolutely depends!! Some places wouldn't feel right at all if they were required to wear uniforms and uniforms can be rather expensive, too.

That being said, I think having a dress code in place and certainly help increase professionalism. If you want to get close to a uniform, without actually requiring one, you can also specify exact clothing types/colors. For example, a spa might require staff to always wear black pants and a specific colored shirt (the business colors). Then they're going to match, without requiring uniforms.

jenny011
09-02-2015, 07:38 AM
No, not every business provide dresses. It depends that if they have particular dress code then they will provide you dresses. If you want to buy any kind of office dresses for yourself then shoppersfeed is the best place.

henrylos
10-30-2015, 10:42 AM
It really depends upon the business. Having dress code for your business will increase professional to your company.

campbelljof
10-31-2015, 02:12 AM
Hi,

According to me it is not a point of discussion for the owner who want to successful,A owner of any company always want best from their employees,whether they would wear a specific uniform or not.

djone
12-16-2015, 05:18 AM
I feel that there should not be any kind of uniforms for employes/workers/etc. Those people are free to work. People will get more job satisfaction if they don't have any uniforms. Job without uniforms shows the employee freedom.

dmoss
01-11-2016, 12:21 AM
not really should, maybe for the most company should use uniforms because their standart ISO tell that

gandu
02-06-2016, 10:06 AM
I used to hate wearing a uniform to work initially as an employee. But eventually it actually became something I grew to life since I didn't have to figure out what I have to wear the next day. And worrying about how that would reflect at work.

KelenaBlack
02-08-2016, 01:40 AM
I think it's just a personal choice of the owner as to what type of business he or she would like to run and in turn the type of culture he or she would like to impart onto the company.

candacerhicks
03-08-2017, 04:09 AM
if you are a beginners then it is not necessary to provide uniforms but to become a brand you have to give a specific uniform to your workers.

MikeLevin
03-13-2017, 06:46 AM
Thats a good question about uniforms, however if you have freelancers from all around the world working on you or if your business is online, then it doesnt really matter