PDA

View Full Version : What inspired you to create a business?

angelicagapit
02-26-2014, 12:03 AM
Hey guys! I know this forum is filled with money makers, so I just want to ask, what inspired you guys to become businessmen?

Whether you have a business online or offline, what caused you to do it?

I'd like to hear your opinions. On my part, I wanted to become a business woman because I want to be able to find my financial freedom. I want to have enough money to live a very decent and comfortable life with my family and to travel the world with my best friends.

alec
02-26-2014, 12:37 PM
I started my own business because I wanted to be my own boss and because I already knew a trade from working with my family, so it was easy. Money was not an issue but having to work with people that didn't knew how to lead or behave with others was. Basically I was employed like any other person, the pay was great and so were my colleagues but the management? That was awful! Thus I decided to go on my own. I kept my job at first until business started picking up then happily left and started working on my own.

I still miss working with others sometimes but it goes away quickly! :)

cpefley
02-26-2014, 01:43 PM
I wanted to start a business because I have a large family, and I needed to be able to work and stay home with them. So far it is hard, but working well for us. I don't make a full time income, but hopefully one day I will.

janineaa
02-28-2014, 09:51 AM
I went to business school so it felt like my professors brainwashed me to be only an entrepreneur. Apart from that, I have always wanted to be my own boss. Having a business means all decision-making is up to you, the way you handle your time is up to you, and so many other factors. Of course, I want financial freedom. I don't want to be relying on anyone else for the material things I want. Not just that, I want to give back and be able to help relatives and fellow employees to make their lives better.

Athenagdlyt
04-02-2014, 10:33 PM
My main inspiration for starting my own business is my family. I'm not only concerned about the monetary part of providing for their needs. I wanted to raise the children myself and not be employed in an office where I have to leave the kids to be raised by a nanny. That's just my personal preference. I have nothing against those who do the opposite.
Children will only be children for a short time and I want to be part of their growing up years. Having a business at home, no matter how small gives me more freedom to choose my working time and who I work for. The rest of the benefits cannot be measured monetarily.

mikelouis
04-02-2014, 11:16 PM
Having your won business makes you know what is the nest for you can make quick decisions on how to improve it. It is also security when it comes to finance, as for a formal job you can be fired at any time and you will be in trouble to get work again.

Rainman
04-03-2014, 05:46 AM
I'd always hated having to be employed go to work the whole week, for the whole year and to imagine that I'd spend all my life doing that made me start thinking about other ways to make money. After some research, I got to learn 3 things:

-Investments pay off when you invest a lot of money [I didn't have that].
-If you keep your money in the bank, inflation would eat away all the interest accrued and some of your money too [that didn't sound like a safe way to invest any money I had].
-All other businesses needed some capital to start [I didn't have any].

While surfing the net, I learned that one could start a home business practically with $0. I plunged straight it and though I'm still struggling to make the business pay my bills, I'm happy.

Klay
11-27-2014, 09:35 PM
When I was in college, I bore in my mind an idea that I would like to become employed by myself. I want to work with many people, bargain with them and chase my dream of a big company which can give people an employment. I don't want to work for (http://oslosvenskar.webnode.com) a specific individual or company, I want to make decision by myself and enjoy the competitive business battle, which brings me a feeling that an trivial officer hardly know.

RobertML
05-17-2016, 04:21 AM
Don't enjoy having a boss all that much I guess.
You have to be ready to work twice as hard for half as much money, more money later perhaps, but in the beginning poverty...
Oh and say goodbye to spare time, hobbies, hanging out with friends, vacations, etc..
Is it worth it? Definitely!

cuong24081995
12-20-2017, 10:07 PM
My main inspiration for starting my own business is my family. I'm not only concerned about the monetary part of providing for their needs. I wanted to raise the children myself and not be employed in an office where I have to leave the kids to be raised by a nanny. That's just my personal preference. I have nothing against those who do the opposite.

davidmirz
01-03-2020, 02:14 AM
My main objective to start a business is family and to know experiences of the world leaders.

speeduser
12-14-2020, 05:29 AM
It is all about the money. Maybe satisfaction will be the next motive, but finance is really the top. - Phillip Elden (http://www.phillipeldenblog.com/)