PDA

View Full Version : Recently created film company; is Facebook - Twitter a quick method of branding? I

Honor Roll
02-26-2014, 02:06 PM
After doing extensive research, I was debating if Facebook or Twitter would be the quickest route to inform the public about our current project and upcoming projects. Thanks.

angelicagapit
02-27-2014, 05:59 AM
I do believe Facebook and Twitter are great ways to market a Film company, especially Facebook! On Facebook, you can share your behind-the-scenes photos, video trailers, and article updates of upcoming projects!

However, on Twitter, I believe people would prefer reading short tweets rather than having to click a video of a current project. Twitter could be a way to update short information, though. Facebook is able to be your online marketing strength when it comes to sharing information to the common market. Majority uses Facebook and everyone constantly discovers something new when on the site.

So in my opinion, Facebook and Twitter are great ways to market your company.

Good luck!

alec
02-27-2014, 08:59 AM
Go with both of them: Twitter and Facebook. Sadly, none of them are a quick route for branding your business since both require involvement and user engagement by liking/re-tweeting or by sharing quality content. Granted, they both are cheap marketing methods and if you choose to do it yourself they cost next to nothing. Also, have a look at Google+ or tumblr and promote there too. All advertising is good so try spreading the word about your film company on as many places as possible.

One thing I'd advise against is buying followers or paying for likes on Facebook. What you get in both cases is bot traffic or payed people that are not interested in your products.

pahagwl
02-27-2014, 12:48 PM
Twitter and Facebook are the two most common social networking sites. In this growing age of the internet where people spend a lot of their time on these websites, advertising on these websites becomes very important. And I would recommend any entrepreneur who wants to create a presence for his brand quickly, he should aggressively advertise on these websites.

Infamouz
02-27-2014, 06:40 PM
Facebook and Twitter are great resources to market your firm. There are many tools on those websites to connect with potential customers in your area. Make sure to stay active on Facebook and Twitter to gain trust from your audience. It is a great marketing technique because you are exposing your company to your followers daily. I suggest that you stay away from follower exchanges because it will fill your Facebook and Twitter with a lot of useless accounts.

Taru
02-27-2014, 09:25 PM
I'd say Facebook would be a much more effective tool for the general business, but there might be some specific niches wherein Twitter might work a lot better for both branding and marketing. Just don't expect it to be a magical tool wherein people will flock to you once you start announcing your updates and products, though. Online marketing has a bit of a technique to it and people respond to certain methods and of course uniqueness. If you are able to figure this out then you will be able to capitalize on it regardless of what you are promoting, most of the time.

foduu1
02-28-2014, 11:37 PM
Twitting and Fb will be the 2 most popular online community websites. On this developing era in the net wherever folks devote a great deal of their particular moment on these kind of internet sites, advertising on these kind of internet sites becomes very important. In addition to An excellent opportunity any business owner who would like to develop a occurrence intended for their brand name quickly, they need to aggressively market on these kind of internet sites.

mikelouis
03-01-2014, 02:58 AM
Even though people are still yet to believe it, Facebook still has the numbers and would be great for marketing anytime. Twitter on the other hand is fast growing so in the next two years it will be much ahead of Facebook if they do not revamp it.

autograph
03-01-2014, 11:17 AM
Yes, Facebook and Twitter should be a quick method of branding in today's modern era. You should ensure the contents you posted are quite unique and that people are curious to know more about it. Making a trailer and uploading them to youtube should help you to gain more publicity. You could also share the videos through Facebook and Twitter to gain even more popularity.

delusional
03-01-2014, 03:50 PM
I think it is a good idea. But what amazes me is that a film company doesn't mention Youtube or Vimeo. Get your stuff out there.

Chia
03-02-2014, 02:45 AM
Social media is a great way to get your brand out there and promote engagement with the company. Just some advice though, I would stay away from the Facebook ad program where you pay them to promote your page. I saw a study that was done that showed the likes were definitely up but the engagement was not as high. They did some research and it showed that most of the like where coming from countries like India where they had click shops set up. It will be a complete waste of money.

Lithium
03-02-2014, 03:19 AM
These two sites are always good for advertising. If you don't want to spend money, I recommend them to you.

caveman
03-02-2014, 04:30 AM
I'd probably say Facebook is better but twitter is great in its own way too. Facebook though I think people are still more active and there are more users than twitter. Plus you can set up a page on Facebook with more details.