PDA

View Full Version : Is Twitter or Facebook a solid branding tool for startup film company?

Honor Roll
02-26-2014, 02:34 PM
I was researching into branding my film company's name and our current project. We looked into both being social media tools. Have you utilize any other formats to expose your company's name. Thanks.

Lithium
02-27-2014, 10:12 AM
I think it's very useful, especially Facebook. My father opened his business through and now he is very successful.

CSomm
03-02-2014, 02:04 PM
Yes, but I'd suggest Instagram and Vine for a film company---it allows more easily for clips and video, and is more specific to what people on those networking sites prefer. Honestly, Youtube is your best friend for this. Show people what you are capable of, and integrate that into each and any social media site.

03-02-2014, 03:39 PM
I would say that for a film company exposing people to your product would be the best way to construct an identity. Because of this I would try to establish a presence across a number of platforms all directing the users towards viewing your actual films. To do this I would create a Facebook profile where you can introduce the human aspects of your business, show people who you are and what kind of people you work with. I would use twitter to give constant updates on current productions, short blurbs about what you are doing day to day, so that you are kept in the forefront of peoples minds. Vine would also work well for this. Using these two platforms I would try to direct people to my actual videos which I think I would host on both Vimeo and Youtube. As long as you are persistent across each platform an identity should be established.

delusional
03-03-2014, 04:37 AM
Why don't you use Youtube? As a film company, I can't think of a better way to advertise. I have a friend who releases all his movies on Youtube and has gained a lot of clients this way.

Lithium
03-03-2014, 12:18 PM
You would need some serious editing skills in order to get some audience.

foduu1
03-05-2014, 05:04 AM
I'm sure it is quite practical, in particular Fb. My dad started out the company by means of now he or she is really successful.

gadgetised
03-05-2014, 05:26 AM
I would say yes. And even more so when used in combination with other social media networks like Instagram and Vine. If your content goes viral and you have included a back link, it could do very well for your business. The exposure is also great. Imagine the opportunities that would come from a celebrity re-posting your product on Twitter or Instagram.

alec
03-05-2014, 07:29 AM
First of all try Youtube. It's the number 3 in global traffic so imagine the potential it holds for branding and marketing. By watermarking or description linking you can generate a few customers for your company. Fan pages on Facebook or Google+ are a good thing to have also. Post daily while engaging your users and you'll gain some more fans.

Then there's Instagram and Vine like CSomm wrote. I don't know much about Instagram but Vine seems to be more and more visible these days. I think that Vine is based around looped small videos with some shock value (or funny ones).

LindaKay
03-05-2014, 06:18 PM
I think both are. I definitely agree with others as well who said to try YouTube. It's a huge community and would probably work really well with your niche. Plus, having profiles on these social media channels is a good way to have your name near the top of the search engine listings.

Lithium
03-06-2014, 10:19 AM
You should consider getting on top of the search engines keywords.

M.K
03-06-2014, 10:00 PM
Without a doubt, and especially for a film company. Both Facebook and Twitter offer integrated video embedding features which allows you to share video content on a social platform. You should take full advantage of both networking tools. Retweets and shares will go a long way in getting exposure for your company.

vivagoaproperty
03-08-2014, 03:07 AM
yes. promoting your business on social media like Facebook, twitter acts as word mouth publicity. it helps you increase your reach and more people will start knowing your company. this days it is considered as the best way to publicize your business.

mikelouis
03-08-2014, 03:49 AM
I would suggest that you use both. There are some people who find using Twitter difficult so they opt for Facebook. Remember that Facebook has more users than Twitter. SO you can see where your ads will receive more potential clients.

Lithium
03-08-2014, 01:10 PM
Indeed, you will increase your chances of popularity if you use both social medias.

jubvman
03-09-2014, 12:19 AM
Agree with others who have recommended YouTube. Try to get on as many 'big' social media sites as possible, it can't hurt. Also make sure you have a good domain name available!

fredkawig
03-09-2014, 08:14 AM
Yes. Facebook is a pretty good branding tool for business startups you can reach a lot of people within your locality and inform your friends instantaneously.

JohnSword
03-10-2014, 02:51 AM
Both Facebook and Twitter are great for small businesses like yours. With Facebook’s massive audience of over 1bn users, you can see why small businesses are using the site to find customers all over the world with the same interests. Twitter’s live news feed is also able to help businesses keep in contact with their followers in real time. Since creating an account on Facebook or Twitter is free, I don't see why you shouldn't make use of them to promote your company.

Like the others have mentioned, don't just stop at Facebook and Twitter. I've been using Tumblr and Pinterest for my graphic design business to much success. Explore your options, then come up with a viable social media marketing strategy.

george.shepard
03-10-2014, 02:52 AM
You can promote your business through social media site such as Facebook, Twitter. It helps to increase the traffic.

albertj786
03-11-2014, 02:05 AM
yes i guess it's very useful you should use istagram,youtube and facebook these sites are very useful and this may help uou alot in your work

nick87
03-18-2014, 09:40 PM
For a film company, social media is the way to go. Twitter and facebook are great to get your fans to connect with you, and youtube is great to get your teasers out there. Keep everything updated constantly, too, and get your fans to give you feedback and interact with them. That's what I've seen from the most successful film groups and musicians.

idlecuriosities
03-18-2014, 11:36 PM
For a film company, social media is the way to go. Twitter and facebook are great to get your fans to connect with you, and youtube is great to get your teasers out there. Keep everything updated constantly, too, and get your fans to give you feedback and interact with them. That's what I've seen from the most successful film groups and musicians.

This is great advice. It really depends on your business, and the kind of audience that you are looking to attract. Social media is great for a film company, like you said, but it might not be great for someone marketing legal services. It's important to recognize what you offer, and if people on your feed are going to be intrigued by it in some way.

jfab
03-23-2014, 07:18 AM
I don't know if I would call it "solid" but they definitely will be a lot of help on the promotion. Social media is the thing these days so might as well maximize them. Especially if you are in the area of filming.

Taru
03-24-2014, 03:23 AM
I think Facebook is a lot more effective in getting your brand recognized, but using both will most likely yield the maximum effect. It's important to have some sort of unique approach to separate your own company from the others who are vying for the attention of the masses, but it will eventually work as long as you keep building on your company and making the necessary moves on your marketing campaign. People are always hungry for something unique and new, and as long as your company has something to offer worth sharing, you will eventually get shared and talked about in the social media sphere.

AB9100
03-28-2014, 03:03 PM
This is a common question on this forum, and i have to stand firm on my position.

No. I do not believe that Facebook, or Twitter is a solid business too l for a startup film company. Simply because Facebook, and Twitter will ban you if you request too many friends. This demolishes every thing that you are trying to do. Which leaves little reason for you to waste your time there. You will not be able to reach enouh people to make your company popular.

If you were a millionaire i would say yes. Facebook, and Twitter are great places to promote your company. I would say that because Facebook, and Twitter allow major companies to do whatever they want. For a fee. It is not the same for a small company.

touqeer
04-01-2014, 06:42 AM
Social media profile is good platform for enhance your campaign whether it is event, film industry and relate to the politics. You can share your trailer, short videos, images and poster on the youtube, facebook, twitter, instagram, vine and Google plus.

Lithium
04-01-2014, 10:26 AM
For a startup local business, it's very good. However, once your business grow, I don't think it's that reliable anymore.

Ridge Hatrick
04-01-2014, 07:01 PM
As CSomm mentioned, Instagram would be a good venue for your marketing. Your marketing need not be video, necessarily, even though your project is. The marketing needs only to attract your audience to wherever you want them to be, your website, presumably. Facebook isn't a bad way for marketing, but it's a little stale, as you've gotta add numerous friends and there's a block on it for sending too many requests. Twitter is a good way to go, especially if you know how to increase your following.

Increasing your following on Twitter is rather simple: Type in the key words that have to do with your project, and on the left of the results, click on "People". All you have to do at that point is follow them, and then others will begin to follow you in return. There's a limit for those you can follow and it's increased by having more followers, but getting 150+ followers in three days isn't difficult. Twitter is especially useful because people can retweet (RT) your tweets, and the next to see are someone else's friends, so they move beyond your own "following".

As far as increasing your following on Facebook, it's easier to look for things that have to do with your project, movies, commentary pages, etc, then post something simple like "Friend me" or "Friend for new movie company updates", depending on how specific you want to be. At this point people will start adding you from seeing your posts on there asking them to. It's a great way to increase your friend amount on Facebook without getting annoyed or deterred by their friend-adding block.

Another thing you may want to consider is the Fiverr site, as you can find people that'll get you in touch with a lot of site visits, people that specialize in SEO (Search engine optimization), or people that are really good at getting you facebook friends or twitter followers, and they do it pretty cheap.

Youtube is another great way, as people like/share the videos, and if you've got a good advertisement or trailer out there, it can get around. That Fiverr site I mentioned before also has people that'll get your videos viewed by a good number of people.

I hope you find this helpful.

yossup
04-02-2014, 01:23 AM
For sure it is. Since you said it's a film company, if you can get even one video viral on facebook or twitter, the amount of success you'll have is enormous. Simply humongous. It's not easy to get a lot of traffic from facebook but you have to remember that if you do, you are so on your way to financial success.

Didi
04-02-2014, 11:42 AM
What kind of film business do you have? If it's a cinema, I'd recommend you to make your own web page. If it's simply a productions business, then FB is very good, since most film companies have become popular through it.

vedant4properties
04-03-2014, 01:26 AM
Yes, twitter and Facebook has always been very helpful for the entertainment industry. it provides a great exposure and marketing for their product or film and also increases its reach across the globe.

cameronpalte
04-04-2014, 06:52 PM
I would recommend using both of them. Social Marketing is a very important way to market your business and I would recommend using as many popular social networks as you can in order to market your business. However if I had to pick between Facebook or Twitter I would pick Facebook because I think it gives more options for businesses and also has a wider reach. Best of luck!

eagle22
04-04-2014, 09:13 PM
Personally I believe Twitter can be a great marketing tool regardless of what your business is. The great thing about Twitter is the fact that they have a big following and make it easy for you to market/let people know about what you do. It would be a good idea to give away something of value in exchange for them following you. Kind of how people do when they collect email addresses.

wandering wildman
04-04-2014, 11:21 PM
My friend uses facebook predominantly with a lot of success. Youtube is also a great spot to post short information videos. Don't forget to use other bookmarking sites to share your posts.

webunknown
04-14-2014, 11:42 AM
Both are good to have but will not influence your brand all that much. For a film company you definitely need to have a Youtube page. It's the 2nd largest social media platform behind facebook but not nearly as saturated with spam. Link all of them (along with G+, pintrest, etc.) and then you should really start seeing a difference with brand name recognition.

JillADDison
05-22-2014, 07:19 AM
You can promote your film via facebook & twitter easily. Without facebook & twitter you can't spread your film properly.

Tweetcinema
06-28-2014, 12:33 AM
Well I strongly believe that Twitter is one of the best branding tool ........This is my opinion!!

adammethew
06-30-2014, 04:00 AM
Yes these two sites are best for social media promotion. And also Google+, Linkedin. You start also Seo for your website.

francisdaniel
07-01-2014, 02:33 AM
yup twitter and facebook can be a good branding tool. Good luck! :D

Valliere
07-01-2014, 08:34 PM
I don't think they are solid.

The key is to be where the $ is. What kind of films are you making? Documentaries, commercials, features, crowd-funding campaign promos, weddings, general contract work? You need to be where the person you want to hire you will see you. If you all you want is for people to see your stuff and give you some critique then all you have to do is get your stuff posted and try to get people to look and be interested. It's not me you want to see it, though. Its the digital media buyer at Your Target Company. Where are they? Are they on FB? The company probably is, but the digital media buyer only gets on sometimes to keep up with old friends. A social media person or intern probably run the company's page. Dead end. They have little influence on buying decisions. Twitter has some more options if you can get the people to follow you back. Once again, your target probably only uses Twitter for socializing and entertainment, unless they are promoting themselves as a subject matter expert in their field. If they are, there is a chance for dialogue, but you will have to work for their follow.

Vimeo is a great site for videos that comes across more professional than YouTube. Upload to it and treat it like a portfolio. Identify your target market and send the people with purchasing power a thumbdrive with your work on it. Package it cleverly and be clear that you want their business. Employ a good graphic designer to make sure it looks professional.

That's all I have for you now. I believe in leg work with social media as a back up. That being said... if you need a graphic designer, holler at me. You can view my work at http://www.be.net/sbvalliere.

ZCCIndia
07-03-2014, 01:04 AM
Yes it is now days social media is top on Internet marketing..

Industrial Training in Chandigarh (http://www.zccindia.com/6-month-industrial-training)
Best Industrial Training in Chandigarh (http://www.zccindia.com/)

jesslee
07-04-2014, 12:36 AM
Facebook and twitter both are popular site where you can promote your business and can get the attention of public.I think you will get success by using these sites.

lishmaliny
01-29-2020, 06:43 AM
Twitter is better for viral trends (which, even on Twitter, tend to be more flukes and public interest at any given moment than the result of carefully planned marketing strategies), but Facebook is better for deeper communication and relationship branding than Twitter is.

Shogon
01-29-2020, 07:19 AM
They both are excellent platforms and both have endless potential. I've learned that if I divide my time equally between them, I reach more people who are my target audience.

lishmaliny
02-19-2020, 05:08 AM
Social media has become less of an optional marketing opportunity and more of a priority. In fact, platforms like Facebook and Twitter have become integral parts of brand awareness, content distribution, lead generation, and customer acquisition strategies for businesses.

jayam
04-07-2020, 05:16 AM
Luckily, you don't have to come up with a social strategy for your small business all by yourself. There are so many brands out there that are doing a great job with their social media accounts.
Best Brands on Social Media to Inspire Your Social Strategy
Pop-Tarts. ...
Reebok. ...
StubHub. ...
Wayfair. ...
Wendy's. ...
Cisco. ...
Target. ...
Letterfolk.

valluri
04-07-2020, 06:11 AM
Social media branding is managing your company image, identity and market position, as perceived by the market, across digital networks. Characteristics include maintaining consistent brand identity across social media platforms, usually integrating them. Social media marketing increases your brand's awareness.

vinitha seo
04-08-2020, 01:54 AM
At first blush, not much has changed about how men shave since the electric razor. But one company is shaking things up: A web-based startup called Harry’s has branded itself as a simple, superior and more affordable solution for shaving — and is vying against giants like Gillette and Schick for a $2.4 billion market in the process.

holisticbuilder
04-08-2020, 03:48 AM
Yes Facebook and Twiter are selling their branding tools to companies to improve their business.

jayam
08-08-2020, 01:55 AM
Influencers are also teaming up with brands on discount codes, which are just as easily ... on influencers across Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, and YouTube. ... Another handy tool is Influencer Marketing Hub's Instagram Influencer ... Video production is the latest craze, and if you aren't tapping into that channel

valluri
08-08-2020, 02:05 AM
Influencers are also teaming up with brands on discount codes, which are just as easily ... on influencers across Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, and YouTube. ... Another handy tool is Influencer Marketing Hub's Instagram Influencer ... Video production is the latest craze, and if you aren't tapping into that channel

stevealex000
09-08-2020, 12:13 AM
Facebook is a powerful marketing tool – it's a great space to keep customers informed, develop brand identity, and broaden your reach.

Geethan
09-08-2020, 01:23 AM
Twitter is one of the most commonly used social media platforms in the world. It houses more than 1.3 billion accounts, and has close to 326 million global monthly active users. And that was in the 3rd quarter of 2018!
Twitter provides a platform for people to voice out their opinions in a simple, and most bare-bones (yet effective) manner.
More importantly, 75% of B2B businesses market on Twitter.

Now, let’s have a look at how you can bring more followers to your brand’s twitter page:
1) Set up a twitter profile pic with a keyword friendly bio, a link to your website and a picture that represents your brand

2) Promote your twitter profile to drive users from other social media platforms

3) Stay active on Twitter with regular retweets, replies and favorites

4) Find an appropriate time to post your tweets to increase exposure, retweets and followers

5) Get more followers by following more people

6) Increase engagement by mentioning other people in your tweets

7) Analyse how your competitors work, and try to incorporate them into your tweets

8) Follow popular twitter influencers who belong to your industry

9) Use images and videos while tweeting

10) Use Twitter ads to promote your products and services to your audience

MASTERO
11-28-2020, 01:12 AM
In the era of Facebook and YouTube, brand building has become a vexing challenge. ... by dozens of crowdculture start-ups with production budgets under $100,000. ... On Twitter you'll find a similar cast of singers, along with media stars

jayam12
12-03-2020, 07:27 AM
Here are three steps to determine which platform is perfect for your business.
Step 1: Identify your audience. The first step is to identify who your audience is. ...
Step 2: Define your goals. Once you know your audience, you need to define goals for that audience. ...
Step 3: Find your audience.

mithu
12-03-2020, 07:34 AM
Twitter marketing has proved to be a great tool for marketing, especially for small businesses looking to target local customers. If leveraged strategically, Twitter can help you engage with your customers, increase your reach, grow your brand, and generate qualified leads.

MASTERO
12-05-2020, 01:07 AM
Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest all use hashtags to let you describe the topic of your ... Really, this merging of online tools is a good thing for your business. ... History: As the movie name suggests, this is the social network. ... The most popular topics are design, startups, marketing, and social or political matters.

jayam12
12-19-2020, 06:51 AM
Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest all use hashtags to let you describe the topic of your ... Really, this merging of online tools is a good thing for your business. ... History: As the movie name suggests, this is the social network. ... The most popular topics are design, startups, marketing, and social or political matters.

mithu
12-19-2020, 06:57 AM
Get trends + examples to help you drive growth with an influencer marketing strategy. ... online after seeing it used by an influencer on YouTube, Instagram, or Twitter. ... Leverage Tools for Finding and Reaching Out to Influencers ... Video production is the latest craze, and if you aren't tapping into that channel you're

MASTERO
12-22-2020, 12:36 AM

Geethan
12-22-2020, 11:47 PM

Nags
12-24-2020, 12:25 AM
-it allows more easily for clips and video, and is more specific to what people on those networking sites prefer. Honestly, Youtube is your best friend for this. Show people what you are capable of, and integrate that into each and any social media site.

Bigil
12-24-2020, 11:31 PM
I think it's very useful, especially Facebook. My father opened his business through and now he is very successful.

Geethan
12-26-2020, 12:25 AM
But how many brands have an active, thriving social media presence? ... After all, you don't reach the level of Wendy's on Twitter totally by accident. ... And likewise, there's a reason why GoPro's Instagram posts get hundreds of thousands of “likes. ... you need any sort of insane equipment or a full-blown production budget.

master007
12-28-2020, 01:55 AM
Instagram -it allows more easily for clips and video, and is more specific to what people on those networking sites prefer. Honestly, Youtube is your best friend for this. Show people what you are capable of, and integrate that into each and any social media site.

Devidboil
01-29-2021, 12:28 PM
There are often funny videos on Facebook that you want to save to your computer. The Facebook developers have tried to create barriers to such downloads, but they are easily circumvented with the right web applications. So now YT to mp4 (https://odownloader.com/) is much easier.

MASTERO
01-30-2021, 12:20 AM

Lilykevin86
01-30-2021, 02:56 AM
Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest all utilization hashtags to allow you to depict the subject of your Really, this converging of online instruments is something beneficial for your business. History: As the film name recommends, this is the interpersonal organization. The most well known points are plan, new companies, advertising, and social or political issues.

jayam12
02-05-2021, 03:21 AM
Facebook lets you connect with family better, which may be its only killer feature. Twitter lets you connect with the world more efficiently, which is definitely its draw. Messenger is great for chats and things tangentially related to communication, but using dedicated apps is still more feature-rich

mithu
02-05-2021, 03:31 AM
Twitter allows users to discover stories regarding today's biggest news and events, follow people or companies that post content they enjoy consuming, or simply communicate with friends. Additionally, PR teams and marketers can use Twitter to increase brand awareness and delight their audience

valluri
02-05-2021, 03:39 AM
Ultimately, Facebook's purpose is to connect people with their friends and family. ... People use Facebook to share photos, videos, and general updates on their lives. Twitter, on the other hand, is used to share ideas, real-time information, and trending news.

Geetha
02-06-2021, 12:00 AM

Saaralkobi3
02-06-2021, 12:24 AM
317 Locksmith Indianapolis started a small family business and developed to the professionals we are now, with years of rich experience and gathering the best people for the job, 317 Locksmith Indianapolis are here to give you the best service you could get from any business with the utmost respect to you, your family and your property, we are experts when it comes to locksmith jobs, weathers its commercial, automotive or residential, to our locksmiths in 317 Locksmith Indianapolis is doesn't matter since every job is a job and the impression we leave on our customers is very important to us that’s why we thrive to be on top of everyone.

Owner name:
Saar Alkobi
Address:
6515 Park Central Way
Indianapolis¸ IN
Phone:
(317) 342-5600

Lilykevin86
02-06-2021, 12:35 AM
Get patterns + guides to help you drive development with an influencer showcasing technique. online in the wake of seeing it utilized by an influencer on YouTube, Instagram, or Twitter. Influence Tools for Finding and Reaching Out to Influencers Video creation is the most recent rage, and on the off chance that you're not taking advantage of that channel you're.

Bigil
02-07-2021, 05:19 AM

Bigil
03-12-2021, 11:48 PM
o do this I would create a Facebook profile where you can introduce the human aspects of your business, show people who you are and what kind of people you work with. I would use twitter to give constant updates on current productions, short blurbs about what you are doing day to day, so that you are kept in the forefront of peoples minds. Vine would also work well for this. Using these two platforms I would try to direct people to my actual videos which I think I would host on both Vimeo and Youtube. As long as you are persistent across each platform an identity should be established.

Bigil
03-22-2021, 09:20 AM
Youtube and has gained a lot of clients this way.

jayam12
03-23-2021, 03:12 AM
witter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest all use hashtags to let you describe the topic of your ... Really, this merging of online tools is a good thing for your business. ... History: As the movie name suggests, this is the social network. ... The most popular topics are design, startups, marketing, and social or political matters.

mithu
03-23-2021, 03:21 AM
Twitter is an American microblogging and social networking service on which users post and ... Williams fired Glass, who was silent about his part in Twitter's startup until 2011. ... The site's layout has been compared to that of Facebook. ... On June 5, 2012, a modified logo was unveiled through the company blog, removing ...

valluri
03-23-2021, 03:29 AM
They split their services into creative and production, community management, ... Iron Roots is a full service digital agency based in Austin, Texas. ... for clients on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Instagram. ... They help brands and influencers build and maintain a solid presence in social media.

KENZAdvertising2
03-24-2021, 05:43 AM
Extent of Digital promoting | Digital advertising organization in Lahore Mechanized advancing incorporates all exhibiting systems that associations embrace to plug their associations on the web. Automated publicizing in Pakistan incorporates electronic media the board through which associations get in-tuned with their normal customers through online media stages like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.