PDA

View Full Version : How much does a Local radio ad cost?

Gmac9100
02-28-2014, 09:14 AM
I am starting a small Lawn Care company. With Spring, and summer fast approaching i think it is the perfect time to run a local radio add to stir up interest. Does anyone here have any experience doing this?

How much does it cost? Also. How effective was it for your business?

CSomm
02-28-2014, 06:05 PM
I've had some experience with radio ads in my market, but I'd hesitate to give you a figure---it varies wildly based on the station you're looking to advertise with. I'd ask them about some sort of trade as well, because in smaller markets it can be valuable to the station to be able to contract your free services in exchange for a pretty hefty discount.

That being said, radio advertising is not terribly effective unless you are running a personal campaign as well. A lawn care service is perfect for door-to-door style advertising---that way you can show your customers who you are and what you do. Then the radio ads will be better able to reinforce your service in the mind of your customer. Personals are a must!

crucider
02-28-2014, 08:39 PM
It really depends on the radio station, if it's a real big station they can charge at $500, but if they're not as popular it'll probably be a lot cheaper about ~$100. And a tip is to probably get a spot around rush hour so you'll get as many listeners to the ad as possible.

cpefley
02-28-2014, 11:59 PM
I'm not sure where you live, but I think that a more effective way to drum up business it door to door. It is harder for homeowners to say no in person then to ignore a radio ad. Some people don't even consider hiring a lawn care company until it is brought to their attention. I would start with flyers and just knocking on doors in neighborhoods that you would like to work in. After business picks up word of mouth will help your business grow.

pahagwl
03-01-2014, 01:11 AM
Advertising on the radio is a great way to create a local awareness for your business. Now, when we are talking about the prices of radio ads, they are generally dependent on a number of factors like the number of listeners a particular station has, length of your advertisement and the frequency of the plays of your advertisement during peak hours and off-peak hours. So, I would recommend you to check out the quotes being offered by the various radio stations and choose something that matches your requirement.

JohnSword
03-01-2014, 02:42 AM
It really depends on many factors, such as how many spots you take, for how long (duration) and over what period of time. I think it's best for you to just call your local radio station and ask for a quote.

Keep in mind that the costs involved in radio advertising might be pretty substantial. For small businesses looking for more exposure; they are better putting off radio advertising until they have a stronger financial foothold. They should also be selling a product and/ or service that will appeal to the masses (not just to a niche market) when it comes to ROI in radio advertisements.

foduu1
03-05-2014, 05:09 AM
I am just unsure your geographical area, however I do believe that your more effective solution to drum up company it door for you to door. It is more difficult for householders to state no in person and then for you to disregard the r / c offer. Some people don't perhaps contemplate getting the yard care organization till it is given their own consideration. I would begin with flyers and just bumping about entrance doors with local communities that you wish to perform with. Immediately after company picks up person to person might help your business develop.

alec
03-05-2014, 08:08 AM
We did this sort of campaign for our business once. Since we were living in a small city at the time and the radio station was a local one the cost was low. I mention that the city was small since the price of advertising varies according to the number of subscribers. If the estimated number of listeners is big, the price is high. Other factors that influence the cost are the length of your message and the number of daily repeats.

I also agree with the others here that suggest a mix of radio with door to door advertising. Such a mixed advertising campaign means more bang for your money.

Lithium
03-06-2014, 12:56 PM
It depends on the ad and the region. It shouldn't be a lot, but it's definitely more expensive and you should try other ways of advertising.

CeliVega
03-07-2014, 01:41 AM
In my opinion, I don't think advertising for Lawn Care using radio is an effective way. From what I see, there's not a lot of people listening to radio in their daily lives these days. A majority of radio listeners are actually drivers, who happened to switch on the radio in their car when they are driving. Radio ads are mostly about physical products that you go to a physical place to buy it, and they mostly targeted drivers as they could drive instantly to any related areas if they are attracted by the ads. So if what you are offering is actually a kind of service where you go to the customers' houses, you need a different approach. A lot of other posters mentioned about promoting from door to door, which I think has great compatibility with the services you provided.

Chia
03-07-2014, 03:02 AM
It's not as simple as a 1 price. There are tons of variables that can make the price anywhere from the hundreds to the thousands. I would suggest you on your local radio stations website or contact them. If you were to go through with it I think it would be a huge boost to your business. Social media advertising is one thing but TV and Radio marketing can potentially take your business to the next level. Just make sure you are prepared with the amount of business you will get.

george.shepard
03-07-2014, 05:55 AM
The buying radio airtime and radio production two main costs associated with radio advertising. It depends on the ration station.

Eagles910
03-07-2014, 07:44 AM
I'm not sure where you live, but I think that a more effective way to drum up business it door to door. It is harder for homeowners to say no in person then to ignore a radio ad. Some people don't even consider hiring a lawn care company until it is brought to their attention. I would start with flyers and just knocking on doors in neighborhoods that you would like to work in. After business picks up word of mouth will help your business grow.

I don't know about going door to door. I find that to be a little to aggressive. I want my business to be known for excellent prices, and great quality of service. Not annoying promotion tactics. I think a local radio ad would better suit my needs.

Lithium
03-08-2014, 01:12 PM
The people who listen to radio usually want to listen to a song, not to hear an advert.

albertj786
03-11-2014, 02:21 AM
it depends on ad's by i don't think so now people use radio to listen what's going in the city or anything i suggest you to do your business door to door i think it's more effective than a radio or paste your business p[age all over in your city that's also a good way to expand your business people can see the page and the awareness of your business spread all over in city

pahagwl
03-11-2014, 12:24 PM
It's not as simple as a 1 price. There are tons of variables that can make the price anywhere from the hundreds to the thousands. I would suggest you on your local radio stations website or contact them. If you were to go through with it I think it would be a huge boost to your business. Social media advertising is one thing but TV and Radio marketing can potentially take your business to the next level. Just make sure you are prepared with the amount of business you will get.

Yeah, I agree with Chia's views that the cost of radio advertisements is highly variable. It depends upon a number of factors. Some of those factors include, frequency of plays, the length of the advertisement and the most important of them all, the fact that whether it is played during the peak hours. And I would also like to say that radio advertising is very important for local businesses in order to create an awareness about their business within the local audience.

delusional
03-13-2014, 04:57 AM
It really depends on the scale and listeners of the radio station. I actually have no clue as to what normal prices are for local stations. I know bigger stations are pretty expensive and not worth it unless you're doing at least 500k in revenue.

pr0xx1d
03-18-2014, 05:38 PM
It ranges. I've seen $50 advertising and I've seen $1500 advertising. Depends on the size of the station, outreach, and how big/long your ad is. I would look into social media marketing, as it is better impact for the money that you spend.

Lithium
03-19-2014, 12:39 PM
In Eastern Europe, it costs 75 euros to have your advert running for days.

caparica007
03-21-2014, 04:42 AM
Come on, 75€ is not a standard price, it depends on the hearings of that particular radio mostly as well as the time you want to pass the add in.

Lithium
03-21-2014, 10:51 AM
Come on, 75€ is not a standard price, it depends on the hearings of that particular radio mostly as well as the time you want to pass the add in.

This is the average price in my region, but almost nobody uses this kind of advertising.

Eagles910
03-21-2014, 02:47 PM
This is the average price in my region, but almost nobody uses this kind of advertising.

Why not? I think it would be extremely effective in a small community.

Lithium
03-22-2014, 03:43 AM
Why not? I think it would be extremely effective in a small community.

The problem is that my city isn't quite a small community. Also, people hate advertising in this region.

jfab
03-23-2014, 06:58 AM
It definitely depends on your area. But honestly, I don't think you should do it on the radio. The internet could help you with that.

eagle22
03-23-2014, 10:16 PM
The cost of the ad really is going to depend on the station, how popular they are, how often they do ads, ect. It would be best to call the stations and ask them.

mikelouis
03-24-2014, 12:26 AM
IN most cases it will just depend on the time of the ad and when it is presented. most expensive ads are when they are presented just after the news or they are ones that are said to sponsor the news. The others cost a bit average depending also on the length of the ad.

pahagwl
03-24-2014, 01:47 AM
It definitely depends on your area. But honestly, I don't think you should do it on the radio. The internet could help you with that.

I do agree that the radio prices are highly dependent on area. This is due to the reason that radio ads broadcasted in highly populated areas would generally cost more then the ones broadcasted in the ones with less population. I would also like to point out that even though it would be a good idea to advertise on the internet, it would leave out a certain demographic out of your advertising campaign.

LindaKay
03-24-2014, 03:18 AM
It depends. Some of them aren't that bad. Try a smaller local station and just see. If it's too expensive, I would try other options, though. Making flyers, hanging up signs, etc. etc.

WebXL
03-24-2014, 07:26 AM
I have been quoted up to £1800 from my local radio station (Dundee Scotland). When I told them I was loosing interest in the advertising they dropped the price..

Lithium
03-26-2014, 10:42 AM
The internet is cheaper and better than the radio.

AB9100
03-27-2014, 01:53 PM
I do no think this is such a great idea. With the growing technological advances such as, the CD player, iPod and Satellite radio. I do not think many people listen to local radio anymore.

I think you would be better served to spend that money printing flyers, and small billboards. Then post them around town in the most visited locations. A local radio ad would be a waste of your of your money at this point. I understand that you are looking at every option available to grow your business, but a local radio is a bad idea. I wish you the best of luck. However i urge you not to waste your money on a radio ad.

Lithium
03-28-2014, 09:08 AM
If you have a special show or anything like that, you can increase your fame by announcing it through Radio. However, most people don't even pay attention to the ads.

holisticbuilder
05-21-2020, 03:23 AM
it's not to much expensive

jayam
05-22-2020, 08:22 AM
She writes on a variety of sales and marketing topics. Companies use radio advertising to promote products or services over the radio, typically in 30 or 60 second spots.

valluri
05-22-2020, 08:34 AM
For local television stations, advertisers can expect to pay a minimum of $5 per 1,000 viewers for a 30-second commercial. Based on data provided by Adage, a 30-second spot broadcast nationally averages around $115,000 in 2019. The average cost placements for 30-second Super Bowl ads can go for upward of $5.25 million.

Artisingh1
05-22-2020, 10:56 AM
Radio advertising costs can range from $200 to $5,000 per week depending on your location. You will also need to factor in the cost of producing the commercial, including copywriting, voice talent, and audio / visual editing, which can add up to $300 to $1000.

Geethan
06-04-2020, 04:02 AM
National Radio Advertising
Setup Cost $300 to $1,000
Cost of Media Approx. $3 to $500 per 60 second ad
Cost to Continue Cost of media + additional spots
Demographic Served Anyone listening to the radio

Geethan
06-19-2020, 02:06 AM

jayam
06-19-2020, 08:24 AM
Radio advertising costs can range from $200 to $5,000 per week depending on your location. You will also need to factor in the cost of producing the commercial, including copywriting, voice talent, and audio / visual editing, which can add up to $300 to $1000.

valluri
06-19-2020, 08:28 AM
Generally speaking (as of 2019/2020), placements for a “15 & 8” package — 15 spots (3 a day) during weekdays, and 4 spots (2 a day) on Saturday/Sunday — can run from less than $200 for a smaller market local station, to about $5,000 for a major market high-profile station.

Brownii
06-23-2020, 07:18 AM
As far as I know, such things aren't relevant right now. Most people use internet and internet services. Personally, I use Spotify for music listening. I like this service and I would like to show up my own music there. I know that I can try getting listeners on streaming services on this page (https://spotistar.com/buy-spotify-plays/) and I think I would use this opportunity

valluri
06-28-2020, 10:26 PM
Radio advertising costs can range from $200 to $5,000 per week depending on your location. You will also need to factor in the cost of producing the commercial, including copywriting, voice talent, and audio / visual editing, which can add up to $300 to $1000

jayam
06-28-2020, 10:29 PM
For local television stations, advertisers can expect to pay a minimum of $5 per 1,000 viewers for a 30-second commercial. Based on data provided by Adage, a 30-second spot broadcast nationally averages around $115,000 in 2019. The average cost placements for 30-second Super Bowl ads can go for upward of $5.25 million.

Wepsychic3
06-30-2020, 09:19 PM

Wepsychic3
07-02-2020, 06:13 AM

Wepsychic3
07-04-2020, 05:14 AM

adamdecker
07-07-2020, 04:20 AM
Jewellery Buyers In Coimbatore | Cash For Gold In Coimbatore
Are you looking at Cash For Gold In Coimbatore? Contact Jewellery Buyers In Coimbatore - 99655 33000.
Contact Information
207, 3rd Street, Gandhipuram Coimbatore,
Coimbatore – 641012. (Near Hotel Sona)

srisakthigold1989@gmail.com

+91 99655 33000

+91 99655 22116

0422–2490236

Lilykevin86
07-07-2020, 11:55 PM
Radio publicizing expenses can extend from $200 to $5,000 every week relying upon your area. You will likewise need to factor in the expense of delivering the business, including copywriting, voice ability, and sound/visual altering, which can signify $300 to $1000.

Geethan
09-09-2020, 01:58 AM

amelyjcob
09-10-2020, 06:15 AM
As a rule of thumb, radio advertising is charged at a rate of approximately £2 per thousand listeners at one time. To clarify, if a show has 100,000 listeners at 10am, then buying a 30-second spot at that time will cost you £200. The late show's 10,000 listeners at 11pm would only cost £20.

amelyjcob
09-16-2020, 06:28 AM
How much does it cost to advertise on local radio?
Radio advertising costs range from $200 to $5,000 per week depending on location and the size of the listening audience. The cost of producing the commercial is $1,000 to $2,500 depending on what is included like music, voice actors, and editing. Some stations have their own advertising production teams to save costs.

Geethan
09-19-2020, 02:00 AM
For tier 3 & tier 2 cities, cost may be as low as Rs. 100 per 10 second and for metros it can go upto Rs. 1500 per 10 seconds. Minimum Ad Duration on Radio can be of 10 seconds (jingle) only.

jacksonsamy2
10-13-2020, 12:52 AM
Radio advertising is typically priced by the number of listeners multiplied by the cost per thousand (CPM). While station and market affect the cost, radio advertising often falls between $200 and $5,000 per week. Cost will be affected by length of advertisement, time, location, and station

mithu
10-27-2020, 07:42 AM
Radio advertising is typically priced by the number of listeners multiplied by the cost per thousand (CPM). While station and market affect the cost, radio advertising often falls between $200 and $5,000 per week. Cost will be affected by length of advertisement, time, location, and station.

jayam12
10-27-2020, 07:47 AM
Some local TV stations may charge from $200 to $1,500 to create a 30-second commercial. Regional and National commercials produced by an advertising agency cost far more, averaging $342,000 for a 30-second spot, according to the American Association of Advertising Agencies.

jacksonsamy2
11-03-2020, 05:21 AM
Radio advertising is typically priced by the number of listeners multiplied by the cost per thousand (CPM). While station and market affect the cost, radio advertising often falls between $200 and $5,000 per week. Cost will be affected by length of advertisement, time, location, and station.

MASTERO
11-03-2020, 11:55 PM

Jurgen11
11-04-2020, 12:16 AM
At Schengen Documents endeavors to be one of the best documents facilitation organizations with best machines and holograms duplication with fast delivery worldwide. Our highly specialized, professional and competent team is always geared up to assist you with any sort of document queries. (http://www.schengen-documents.com)

We pride ourselves on our professionalism. We’ll tailor to your needs to ensure that you get what you paid for.

MASTERO
11-05-2020, 12:11 AM

Geetha john
12-15-2020, 12:13 AM

pankaj0008
12-15-2020, 05:16 AM
It can cost you starting from $1500 and it depends which Redio station you are choosing and what is the duration of your Ad.

jayam12
12-15-2020, 06:08 AM

mithu
12-15-2020, 06:18 AM
As a rule of thumb, radio advertising is charged at a rate of approximately £2 per thousand listeners at one time. To clarify, if a show has 100,000 listeners at 10am, then buying a 30-second spot at that time will cost you £200. The late show's 10,000 listeners at 11pm would only cost £20.

alishbasaki
02-14-2021, 11:00 PM
Radio publicizing is ordinarily estimated by the quantity of audience members increased by the expense per thousand (CPM). While station and market influence the expense, radio promoting regularly falls somewhere in the range of $200 and $5,000 each week.

Geetha
02-16-2021, 12:32 AM
Radio advertising is typically priced by the number of listeners multiplied by the cost per thousand (CPM). While station and market affect the cost, radio advertising often falls between $200 and $5,000 per week.

jayam12
02-19-2021, 10:41 AM
Radio advertising is typically priced by the number of listeners multiplied by the cost per thousand (CPM). While station and market affect the cost, radio advertising often falls between $200 and $5,000 per week.

mithu
02-19-2021, 10:44 AM
As mentioned above, the average costs for a 30-second ad spot on local TV, however, can be just $5-$10 per 1,000 impressions (CPM).

valluri
02-19-2021, 10:47 AM
Radio advertising costs range from $200 to $5,000 per week depending on location and the size of the listening audience. The cost of producing the commercial is $1,000 to $2,500 depending on what is included like music, voice actors, and editing. Some stations have their own advertising production teams to save costs.

MASTERO
02-19-2021, 11:59 PM

Expertsgaragedoors2
02-20-2021, 04:13 AM
We at Experts Gates Repair Philadelphia are dedicated to providing the highest quality designs and installation while maintaining the Superior prices. We thrive on providing courteous and professional service. we put an emphasis on having a highly trained staff. We do not use sub-contractors which allows us to make sure our garage door technicians are consistently updated and trained in the latest offerings and techniques in the industry.

Business name:
Experts Garage Doors
Owner name:
Avi Edri
Address:
1427 N Carlisle St
Philadelphia, PA
Phone:
(267) 662-2134