PDA

View Full Version : Work or start your own business?

janineaa
03-01-2014, 12:21 PM
So I went to business school, but before I started my own business I decided to work in the corporate world just to get a feel of it. If you guys had a chance to choose, would you just work in the corporate world from 8-5 or set up your own business? Just curious! Because not all graduates end up in a field related to the course they took up in college.

ursell
03-19-2014, 04:43 PM
Well I didn't go to business school, but if I had a choice I think I would start my own business. Because it is
something that I have wanted to do for a long time now.

Elina Ding
03-19-2014, 10:40 PM
Here is a chance to start our owm business ,we know a friend he runs a tranding company and its a top 10 tablet /phone wholesale in China ,he can provide the dropshipper service to customers,the product catalogue as below .
1) Android tablets ($29 - $280): These are the cheapest and best tablet PCs you will find on the internet!
Click below for details:
7" Tablet
7.9" Quad Core Tablet
8" Tablet
9-9.7" Tablet
10.1" and Above Tablet
2) Android phones ($23 - $310): These smart phones are all ready to use world widely in GSM as well as WCDMA network.
Click below for details:
3.5" Android Phones
4.0" Android Phones
4.3"-4.5" Android Phones
4.7" Android Phones
5.0" Android Phones
5.3"-5.5" Android Phones
Above 5.5" Android Phones

And more products ,please kindly go to view at www.topitshopping.com
May this information can help the friends who want to build own business.
Elina Ding
Email:alinadingjpl@gmail.com

mikelouis
03-20-2014, 12:01 AM
If I had a chance to start my own business, then I would definitely go for it. I think there is so much you can do with your own business than when you are working in the corporate world. You will be constrained to working in certain hours and if you can not meet the conditions then you are fired.

tinyfang
03-20-2014, 12:05 AM
If my chances are roughly the same in joining a corporation as starting my own, then I would rather start my own. It's more work but it's more empowering. I rather take less money and do my own thing, than take more money and join a company. However, if the company is offering something a lot better than my own business, then I might just take that.

I have my own business. There are A LOT of downs and it is very very very frustrating and stressful. Working with another company may be stressful and frustrating, but you will most likely never have to deal with the same stuff when you're on your own.

alec
03-20-2014, 04:52 AM
Being employed in the exact field you're going to open your business in can bring valuable experience. Say you want to open a shoe manufacturing company. By first working in such a company you get a taste of how things work. You'll learn how they handle production, how they find and manage customers, how they sell the products and what corners do they cut for bigger profits. You can even leave and take a few employees that you're friends with from that place to work with you on the new business. So yes, I think that working first will help you get a better start on your own.

Rainman
03-20-2014, 08:54 AM
I've done some work in an office before and never did like the lack of freedom and having to report to someone. Because of my nature [hating to be bossed around by anybody] I prefer starting and owning my own business rather than take a 9-5:00 job.

Fine, the challenges one has to face before their business gets off the ground are many but the benefits [being your own boss, setting your work hours, etc] are worth fighting for.

Limpie
03-20-2014, 11:59 AM
Of course most of us will choose to have our own business. But thinking other way I feel working for someone else means a limitation of my work and responsibility which is a good thing. On the other hand if I own a business, there will be a lot of responsibilities lying on my shoulder, unless it's not a big trade.
So the type of person I am, I would choose to take an 8-5 job and come home leaving all the worries behind. :)

bauss
03-21-2014, 10:43 AM
I've chosen to start my own business, instead of searching for work. It's the harder path, because you need to find customers, and turn your business from a hobby to a business, but it's definitely worth it in the end. Hard work pays off.

Linvall
03-21-2014, 02:01 PM
So I went to business school, but before I started my own business I decided to work in the corporate world just to get a feel of it. If you guys had a chance to choose, would you just work in the corporate world from 8-5 or set up your own business? Just curious! Because not all graduates end up in a field related to the course they took up in college.

I understand what your're saying. It's hard to land a job in this economy. I would advise any graduate to get a part-time or a voluntary job while in school; this will increase the prospect of them getting a job after graduating. Too many of them have to sit down at home after graduating. I personally would trying having my own business, regardless of whether or not I have a 8-5 job. Both would be preferable though. It depends on the product you're selling though, and how easily that product will translate into cash.

wandering wildman
03-21-2014, 10:24 PM
Hi Janineaa. I actually finished my MBA about 4 years ago now. I have stayed within the confines of Corporate America for the last four years. I am just now starting to research the possibilities of going into business myself. The obvious benefit of working in Corporate America is that you can just completely shut down at 5pm typically. You also don't typically have to worry about monthly sales, or any of the other more stressful areas of running your own business. I find it is hard to stay motivated and driven for extended periods of time within Corporate America. You always know that somebody is making a substantial amount more money than you are within the organization. This also does not mean that they are doing more work. It is all a trade off. Do you want to be safe, but confined? Or, do you want to risk the chance of a completely happy and fulfilled life?

bingaguilar
03-22-2014, 03:01 AM
I worked in a traditional office, 8-5, 5-day workweek, for almost 13 years. It was fun for a while because I learned a lot there, I was able to hone my skills and I met a lot of people. But eventually, I got tired of the corporate politics, resigned and put up my small, homebased business.

Given a choice, I would still choose to start my own business to having a regular job, even if you're a college graduate. Besides, as you said, not all graduates end up having a job related to their course. Take me for instance, I studied Architecture and ended up working as a Purchasing Officer :)

At first, it may be harder than showing up for work and waiting for payday. You will be the boss and the staff all at the same time and you will be doing almost everything on your own. But don't quit, it will all pay off in the end. Nothing really beats the perks of being your own boss ;)

DomDom
03-22-2014, 05:44 AM
It really depends on how hard working and passionate you are about your business and what you want. Doing your own thing really has its benefits, you can make ALOT of money, but you will also work hard and may even lose money. I would go with my own business for sure!

fredkawig
03-22-2014, 09:54 AM
You can work or start your own business. A lot of people are underemployed because their jobs are not related to the degree that they have. Well I guess that's today's reality and we can do only so much.

autograph
03-23-2014, 01:44 AM
The first thing I did straight out of college is to join the corporate world. At that time, I already knew I wanted to start my own business. Back then, I had neither the experience nor the capital to start my own business. Even if I had the capital to start my own business right out of college, I would still join the corporate world just to get a feel of it. I guess I like to play it safe.

pirma
03-23-2014, 01:55 AM
if there is possible I chose to start my own business rather than having to work in another company. because if it works in the company will be more pressure on the leaders and was very upset.
http://portalpark.net/10204/11/w.png

difrancprod
03-23-2014, 06:07 AM
You can start to do some work for a little bit. The save from that work. The savings you get from it you can start up your own business. Let that be your motivation.

Taru
03-24-2014, 03:20 AM
I think I'd always prefer going into business for myself. Even if employment would pay significantly higher, the time and freedom I can afford myself by being my own boss is worth a whole lot more, in my opinion. Furthermore, going into business can also yield you the same amount that you'd get in employment anyway, albeit a bit more complicated and stressful, but still, it's worth it to be more in control over your own time and actions.

SimplySidy
03-24-2014, 12:21 PM
I never would have opted for any business of my own. I was not meant for that. I had always loved working for others and that I was a teacher all the 16 years I was healthy. Then in 2008 when I fell ill and was asked to stay at home, I had to start up doing all that knew and start a business of my own.

centralnetwork
03-24-2014, 03:15 PM
My business formation is mostly empirical, and therefore never had a chance to go to the business school and lean the basics. However I know how it feels having to work 9 to 5 in the belief that what we are learning working as employers can be useful when the time to "fire our boss" comes up.

Even though, what I learned working in a corporation environment was far from anyone's expectations. Probably it is expected that we could learn how the old sharks conduct their business to success and the secrets to go with our own successful start up venture, but this could only be possible working side by side with the "big boss."

Other than this what a routinely 9-5 job teaches you is that no wage is enough to cope with your financial needs... Hey, wait a minute! There is something else -- and of remarkable importance -- that one can learn playing the role of a worker; the vices that employees share including how to work less than they are paid for, how to skip quality controls that regulate their area, and many other tricks that you must be aware of by the time you become a business owner.

Employees are often the key to success or the pathway to bankruptcy if a business owner does not know how to build an engagement sense that push them not just to work as they should, but also feel proud of the company's success.

DomDom
03-24-2014, 03:30 PM
You can work or start your own business. A lot of people are underemployed because their jobs are not related to the degree that they have. Well I guess that's today's reality and we can do only so much.

Maybe the best thing to do is to do both. If your business starts to grow enough you can always quit your normal day job!

Jane Hastings
03-26-2014, 12:09 AM
I am currently studying Entrepreneurship and I'm hoping to have my own up and running business by the end of the year. I attended this college fair before and I just fell in love with the thought of being my own boss. I can't say it's easy to start a business because right now I feel so lost. I'm not sure if my business will take off but that's part of it. They always tell me "don't be afraid to take risks". I want to be my own boss and I know I need to work really hard for that. I'm hoping for the best! :)

Jane Hastings
03-26-2014, 12:14 AM
Do you have your own business now? How is it so far? I'm hoping to have my own business by the end of the year and I'm really hoping that everything will go the way it's supposed to. It's nerve-racking but I hope everything will turn out great! Stay positive :)

HeinrichM
03-26-2014, 04:12 AM
Personally I would rather start my own business. It is a good idea to first gain some experience in the corporate world prior to starting your own business. Running your own business is not for sissies and can be a daunting task. If you are not careful you can end-up with a lot of debt in a short period of time. On the flipside you can make a lot of money if your business is successful.

mramirsking
03-26-2014, 07:03 AM
I studied architectural technology and have not had any success getting into the industry. I am now studying a game testing course and am hoping this will land me a job this time. My dream would be to have my own business, I would rather work from home than commute every day to a shop or an office. I'm interested in data entry, if there was a company that hire homeworkers to do this that would be amazing, but none seem to be legit.

MahaKarthi
08-21-2015, 08:20 AM
Most young entrepreneurs get the business knowledge from top schools and then work in big companies to understand the business management process. Once they have gained a good amount of experience along with the confidence to start something on their own, then they lay out the right strategy with the help of experts and get started.

bonnie123
09-15-2015, 01:16 AM
If you have confidence in your degree,go and start a business.

cwvps
09-15-2015, 03:26 AM
I would definitely start my own business. When you work for a company, you work for another, and no matter how much you put yourself into it, you still for another. Starting your own business you have a chance at doing something you really enjoy, you have a chance to do something you care about and to make a difference. In todays world when a lot of things is just about making money, having a chance to do something meaningful and to be your own boss is something you shouldn't miss.

aaabright
09-29-2015, 01:07 AM
Both works are full of heck-tick but job is set in same digit in salary whereas, in business loss and profit's game has been played. Life is a risk so I'll go with business :D

abm5272
09-30-2015, 12:41 AM
Start your own home-based business. It is a great idea. ABM helps to you. The main objective of this company is to provide a consistent direct-mail lead source for the American Home-Based Industry. The company offers an optional referral program which has the potential to earn persons a substantial income. It only costs $125 to join and for each person referred persons are paid $75 fast start bonus, so this can translate into life changing income. For example, if each person refers just 3 persons the potential monthly income is $975. It gets even better as these bonuses are paid daily. Marketing for this company is very easy as the premier marketing method used is simply mailing full-color professional postcards which have already been created. These post cards are so colorful that they are easily noticed and the best part is; anyone can do it.

andychaphekar
11-02-2015, 11:55 PM
Hey, actually I never joined any business school, I am currently in my family business but I think its good to start your own business if get chance. All what it takes is proper information and knowledge.